Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Starship Chasianna's Modified TIE/HF Slasher

Status
Not open for further replies.
TWGOPb2.png
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
STANDARD FEATURES
ADVANCED SYSTEMS
STRENGTHS
  • Fire Power: Built around a pair of large turbolasers, the factory variant TIE/HF Slasher already wields a frightening degree of firepower for a craft of its size. Chasianna’s modified variant takes this even further, wielding turbolasers enhanced with agrocite focusing crystals and particle beam cannons with an identical power quotient to the heavy laser cannons on the unmodified variant of the Slasher.
  • Fire Dancer: Deviating from the factory variant of the TIE/HF Slasher, Chasianna’s modified craft is capable of executing extreme maneuvers and boasts exceptional turning performance, to a degree that outperforms most interceptors. Given the powerful armament of the Slasher in comparison to more conventional light starfighters, this capability is especially breathtaking or terrifying, depending on whether the witness is friendly or hostile to the Slasher’s pilot.
  • Fire Concentration: Correcting the disadvantages of wing-mounted weaponry pertaining to concentration of fire at certain ranges, Chasianna’s Slasher utilizes a data-brain governed fire-concentration system that executes minute on-the-fly adjustments to the angle of the craft’s fixed-forward weaponry, based on constant feedback from pilot input and targeting data. In effect, this system dynamically optimizes pattern harmonisation at all viable ranges, affording the weapons greater accuracy and damage potential.
  • Electronic Warfare: Featuring a comprehensive suite of electronic warfare systems, Chasianna can utilize these systems to dazzling effect in virtually any given battlespace, confusing missile tracking systems, jamming enemy sensors, disrupting targeting systems, and more. In effect, judicious application of these systems can make her fighter an extreme, yet hyper-lethal annoyance to enemy gunners, pilots, bridge officers, and other naval crewmen.
  • Field Disruption: The Slasher's field disruption system allows the craft to slip under a large warship's shielding so that it may fire directly on the hull. While this feature is limited in practical application to large vessels with non-conformal shielding, it is nonetheless a powerful technique that a skilled pilot could take advantage of to potentially lethal effect.
  • Airless Fire: Chasianna's Slasher is modified with a comprehensive stealth system which stops just short of the ability to fully cloak. As such, the craft can maintain a minuscule, if not entirely non-existent sensor profile, depending on the operational circumstances.
  • Ghost Buster: Equipped with an extensive sensor system, the sensors on Chasianna's Slasher are further augmented from stock with an array of anti-stealth sensors which are capable of detecting vessels equipped with advanced stealth technology. However, their effectiveness also depends on the operational circumstances.
WEAKNESSES
  • SLAM Overdrive: Among the many systems added to Chasianna’s Slasher, a SubLight Acceleration Motor was one of the most significant additions. However, while useful, the SLAM is a very demanding system. When active, it draws a disproportionate amount of power from the reaction system, preventing the weapons from being fired entirely during its use.
  • Delicate Concentration: The craft’s dynamic pattern harmonisation system is just as delicate as it is surgically precise. In essence, the system is quite easily destabilized. As such, damage to the craft, especially to the wings, may also result in deleterious effects to the accuracy of the wing-integrated turbolasers.
  • Data-Brain Dependent: As with any technology that is supported by a suite of automated processes, the disabling of these systems’ supporting data-brains, whether via EMP/Ion discharge, concentrated slicing, or in rare cases, jamming, will negatively affect the operating efficiency of the craft.
  • Sensitive Passive Sensors: The passive array of sensors on the hull of Chasianna’s modified TIE is an extreme boon to her battlespace awareness, especially in conditions where the use of active sensors may reveal the craft’s location. They are also very vulnerable, as even glancing blows can destroy or disable the sensors on or even around the affected areas. In essence, as the hull takes more hits, its surface-integrated passive reception array will become increasingly ineffective.
  • Charge Out: The field disruption system disables the Slasher's shields during the period of its activation.
  • Charge Back: Absorptive types of shielding, such as Molecular or similar types of absorptive shielding, are capable of resisting the field disruption module, preventing the craft from filtering through in the process. More aggressive types of reactive shields, such as Xythan Force shields, may absorb the "disruptive energy fields" projected by the field disruption module and discharge them back at the Slasher, while also preventing penetration.
  • Double-Edged Sword: In carrying such a large quantity of ordnance, there is an additional risk of enemy fire penetrating the armor covering the internal hardpoints and maintaining enough power or energy to detonate one of the stowed warheads. In this event, there is a very high chance that the Slasher will be disabled or destroyed, given the extreme likelihood of ordnance going off in sync with the initial detonation.
DESCRIPTION
A modified TIE/HF Slasher unit, Chasianna’s TIE began its life as a standard TIE/HF Slasher, rolling off the assembly line on Entralla before being issued to Chasianna upon her graduation from Prefsbelt Flight Academy. Soon after she received the craft, Chasianna, with assistance from her technicians, set to work on upgrading the craft, incorporating a suite of advanced sensors, enhanced stealth systems, uptuned engines for improved maneuverability, and more robust power systems to better support the Slasher’s massive turbolasers. As one of primary objectives behind the upgrades, Chasianna sought to enhance the efficiency of the craft and its turbolasers so that they were a less demanding system. While the turbolasers are still a power-hungry system, she can fire them while maintaining standard combat speed, maneuverability, and shielding, though the inclusion of a SLAM necessitated that main weapons be rendered unable to fire while the SLAM is utilized.

All in all, the Chasianna’s upgraded TIE/HF Slasher represents a personal touch on a machine optimized for war, lending her a fighter that is tuned to her flying style and capabilities as a pilot.

Last edited:
Mellifluous Magenta Mellifluous Magenta - I'm going to be blunt and honest with my judgments here, as this submission's been sitting for a while and dancing around the subject won't get either of us anywhere. I will not be approving this Starfighter as it stands, for I believe some significant work needs to be done in terms of paring down its capabilities and functionalities of this Starfighter as well as the removal of systems that are inappropriate to include in a vessel of this dimension, including the lack of lore/submissions expanding upon a Nucanon power source that's been utilized in a Superweapon.

Armament: Extreme │ High (Unable to Fire Turbolasers with Active SLAM Overdrive)
Pulled from the Standard Features Section:

First up we have the armament section. This was one of the main issues that I have regarding this submission, so I will likely be pointing out everything linked and was subsequently provided to justify its massive power imbalance. Turbolasers on Starfighters aren't entirely new, nor are they a fully explored concept. They were utilized in X-wing Alliance back in 1999 and later mentioned in the Rebellion Era Campaign Guide from Fantasy Flight Games in 2009. Unfortunately, the latter source is unavailable to me - but drawing from the Wookieepedia articles themselves revolving around the TIE Experimental M1 and the TIE Experimental M2 - I don't think that a Starfighter could generate the power required without being much larger than the presented dimensions.

Adding to that, you've listed an Armament Duplication System. While nothing too out of the ordinary by itself, I believe that this Starfighter would have the internal space, neither the power capacity, to keep this system running whilst the Fighter was in operation. As with any duplication system, it requires a healthy amount of raw materials to be converted into pre-programmed schematics, which means that this submission claims it's capable of producing seemingly unlimited warheads during operation without the requisite room to store the needed materials. That's not even mentioning the amount of power that'd be required to operate the system in tandem with the other systems you've integrated into this starfighter.

When speaking of the Power Source, I've noted that Quintessence was listed in your Standard Features section. I've seen this crop up in a few submissions that I've judged over the last little while, and my problem with it remains the same. We're taking something that's barely understood in the new Star Wars Canon and used to power a Superweapon that could destroy entire Star Systems, then scaling it down to fit inside of a Starfighter with little explanation as to how or why. As it stands, I don't think that a Starfighter could handle, let alone house, the very systems used to power Starkiller Base - when the intended vessel is a billionth of the size.

Having mentioned this to the other writer who sought to add Quintessence to their submissions, I believe that they require a submission of their own to explain and justify their creation fully and use in anything outside the comparable parameters of Starkiller Base.

With those points set aside, we're left with the SLAM system. Again, nothing too out of the ordinary by itself. However, I find it hard to believe that this Starfighter could fully operate every weapon - aside from its turbolasers - to surpass speeds that are normally reserved for dedicated Interceptors when this system is activated. This includes the ability to theoretically generate an unlimited number of warheads that are variable, meaning you could generate whatever missile, torpedo, or warhead you desired with little or no repercussions.

So, we've got a starfighter that puts gunships to shame with its heavy armament; that's also capable of leaving even the most advanced Interceptors in the dust with a flip of the switch and is still capable of using a majority of its armament whilst that system's activated; that's equipped with a comprehensive stealth suite; capable of manufacturing whatever warheads are best for whatever situation they're in - seemingly without limitations; an individual field disruptor - which should be listed in strengths - that'll likely allow for the starfighter to bypass any and all shielding without an issue; alongside an unlisted ability of self-repair through laminanium - which also should be listed in the strengths.

That's... a lot to unpack, and sadly the weaknesses you've listed won't, nor don't really balance this submission fairly in any capacity. While there's more that needs to be undressed here, I feel as if I'd be wasting both of our time in addressing them. So, for those reasons and thoughts I've pointed out above, I will be denying this submission as it's effectively a Starfighter "Superweapon" with little or no faults in how the design operates, allowing for the writer to effectively activate "God mode" when used in a Collaborative setting. I would highly recommend taking the concept back to the drawing board and paring back a significant number of systems to make it balanced - primarily where your opposition wouldn't be forced into a thread where everything they do is invalidated because of what's listed in your submission.

Naturally, if you believe that the following judgement is unfair in any way, you are welcome to request a Second Chance accordingly.

Shuklaar Kyrdol

CEO of Breshig War Forge Consolidated
Mellifluous Magenta Mellifluous Magenta , there are a number of issues that this fighter has. Nothing unfixable, however.

PRODUCTION INFORMATION
  1. You list a number of metals, impervium, CP90 Durasteel, Alusteel and Quadanium. Kindly clarify whether this is supposed to be an alloy, or some sort of layered armor, or if they're used on different parts.
  2. Nykkalt must be specified as the outside layer, especially since that is the only way that it will work as a stealth coating.
  3. Please clarify just who the starfighter belongs to, the NIO or your character?
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  1. Universal All-Aspect HypervelocityMissile / Warhead Launchers (4)
    1. So this is an issue. Firstly, there are no hypervelocity missile warhead launchers that are common enough in star wars such that they require no links. If such a system exists, you must link it, and if it does not, you must submit it.
    2. I'll accept a mass-driver missile launcher link, since mass-drivers can accelerate projectiles to hypersonic velocities.
    3. Even so, I'll need an actual number as to how much ordnance the launcher can hold
    1. Really, on a fighter this small, an armament duplication system is quite unfeasible. As it is there's an agrocite enhanced turbolaser attached and a trio of heavy particle weapons, I barely see space for a warhead launcher let alone a duplication system.
    1. Both the AR-0B and the laser-reflective armor need to be the top layer, you cannot have the benefit of both, choose one.
STANDARD FEATURES
  1. Sleg-Quintessence Kyber-Focused Reaction System (Synthetic Tobal Lensfor Heat Exchange and Anti-EMP/Ion/Electronic Disruption Automatic Restart System)
    1. This is far too complicated a concept for you to be able to just add it to a ship like this. Please submit it separately, or replace it entirely.
    1. Specify the capital grade systems in this submission that as per the linked submissions are removed to be able to make it fit on a fighter, that too a fighter this small.
STRENGTHS AND WEAKNESSES
  1. SLAM Overdrive: Among the many systems added to Chasianna’s Slasher, a SubLight Acceleration Motor was one of the most significant additions. However, while useful, the SLAM is a very demanding system. When active, it saps the craft’s maneuverability and draws a disproportionate amount of power from the reaction system, preventing the turbolasers from being fired during its use.
    1. Not much of a weakness, the ship is already heavily armed. Amend the part in question.
  2. Fixed-Forward Weaponry: With the exception of the missile launchers, all of the weaponry on Chasianna’s modified Slasher is fixed-forward, possessing only an extremely limited degree of horizontal traverse to support the craft’s fire concentration system.
    1. Not much of a weakness, most fighters have fixed forward firing weapons. Replace it.
  3. You should mention your field disruptor disabling your craft's own shields when active here. You should also mention the field disruptor under strengths.
  4. I see no mention of the craft's considerable stealth features under strengths, please amend this.
  5. No mention of the craft's considerable sensor system, or that it is equipped with anti-stealth sensor tech under this section, fix this as well.

Change Log:
  • Removed Armament Duplication System.
  • Added “Composite Hull (Impervium, CP90 Durasteel, Laminanium, Durasteel)” under the Material Section.
  • Removed “Sleg-Quintessence Kyber-Focused Reaction System (Synthetic Tobal Lens for Heat Exchange and Anti-EMP/Ion/Electronic Disruption Automatic Restart System)”, replaced with Sasori Iso-Didact.
  • Added “(Starfighter Grade Variant)” next to C-3A Mercury Class Communications Suite
  • Removed AR-0B Damage Reduction Armor Component
  • Added Mass Driver Link under the Armament Section, pertaining to the Missile Launcher component.
  • Added “4 Warhead Capacity Per Launcher (16 Warheads Total)” under the Armament Section.
  • Edited SLAM Overdrive weakness to disable the full armament of the ship and to account for change in the fighter’s maneuverability under the condition of an active SLAM.
  • Rebalanced Ratings. Removed “Low (Active SLAM Overdrive)” in the Maneuverability section. Maneuverability rating is now identical under conditions of both an inactive and active SLAM.
  • Added “Ghost Buster” Strength.
  • Added “Airless Fire” Strength.
  • Removed “Fixed-Forward Weaponry” Weakness.
  • Added “Charge Out” Weakness.
  • Added “Charge Back” Weakness.
  • Added “Double-Edged Sword” Weakness.
  • Replaced Sasori Iso-Didact with "Solar Ionization Reaction System and Solar-Collection Arrays (Anti-EMP/Ion/Electronic Disruption Automatic Restart System)"
  • Added "Fusion Reaction System (Secondary Powerplant)"
The fighter is technically owned by the New Imperial Starfighter Corps, but is assigned directly to Chasianna, who is a commissioned officer in the aforementioned organization. Therefore, I have elected to have both the New Imperial Order and Chasianna labeled in the affiliation.

Permission to use the Sasori Iso-Didact is currently pending. I will update the original post depending on whether the request is approved or denied.

Please let me know if I missed anything in my edits.

Shuklaar Kyrdol Shuklaar Kyrdol

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom