Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private A Petition for Light & Life

[Theme]
8U2vscq.png

A Petition....

Or'Fol Moric Or'Fol Moric | Thurion Heavenshield Thurion Heavenshield | Jacen Nimdok Jacen Nimdok | Jairdain Jairdain | Zorah Cinsilo Zorah Cinsilo | Sakadi Marathi Sinvala Sakadi Marathi Sinvala
Caltin Vanagor Caltin Vanagor | Josh Dragovalor Josh Dragovalor | Jyoti Nooran Jyoti Nooran

-----------

"Masters," she motioned with lurched movement of the head.

"I know a few of you, spoken with some, fought with others...I've instructed some of your Padawan. My relationship with this Order runs deep, and it's why I've asked for an audience."

Her lips parted for words--she scanned the room--none were spoken. She relaxed her shoulders and the rest of her body went lax. It was more a matter of how to say what she needed to withou-

"I'll get to the point..." She hated lingering on things anyway.

"Very challenging circumstances have cropped up for our NJO cousins, they're experiencing large amounts of pressure from the community and the Senate--it's rooted in fear, mistrust, envy, and miscommunication." Her glances bounced from head to head.

"The idea of anti-Jedi sentiment isn't a new topic...It's an unseen enemy that largely stems from the idea that many people don't understand the Jedi. One thing for certain, it doesn't spare denomination; this threatens to destabilize the Order as a whole. No one can understand the plight of a Jedi better than a Jedi."

A beat.

"Remember the wars we've fought together, the good we've been able to do across the Galaxy when in collaboration. We can't abandoned them--personal biases and opinions aside--whatever affects them affects us all.

"I'm simply asking that you all send a message, to show solidarity."
She inhaled, and read the room. "Send a delegation to Coruscant, let the people see how varied and bright our Order is across the board. Help showcase what our Order can be at it's best when united."

She took a breath.

I'm also proposing some good ol' community outreach..."

She smirked.

"Several Enclave leaders and senior Jedi members met during the Conclave on Jakku to discuss topics like this -- I proposed a tour of such -- to improve relations between us and other populations, from senior officials, religious and cultural leaders, to local organizations. This all as way to reimagine what a Jedi is to the people, and to help sow good seeds and remind them of our virtues."

"As some of you know, the
Synergism Star Compact, and the construction of the Jadelight Beacon was a major step in this mission. And, the Queen of Eshan has recently expressed interest in more interaction, and more specific dialogue with members of the Jedi..."

She shot a coy glance at Sakadi, whom she promised they'd have something to show by now...

"My next ask is simple too, I'm seeking permission to look for volunteers among the Silvers to go on this tour with me, to act as ambassadors."

------------

(No need for a posting order, can be quick. Post when you can, if you can)

Following:
The Dedication of the Jadelight Beacon
( X - X )

Prior to:
Raid of Jakku Enclave
Decree | GA Population of Wizar II
To All Jedi

Ahead of:
The Great Battle of Coruscant

Last edited:
Romi Jade Romi Jade Or'Fol Moric Or'Fol Moric Thurion Heavenshield Thurion Heavenshield Jairdain Jairdain Zorah Cinsilo Zorah Cinsilo Sakadi Marathi Sinvala Sakadi Marathi Sinvala Caltin Vanagor Caltin Vanagor Josh Dragovalor Josh Dragovalor Jyoti Nooran Jyoti Nooran

Nimdok was sitting perfectly still, leaning toward Romi with his hands clasped before him, yet he looked uncomfortably stiff.

He had already been asked by the Galactic Alliance Senate to come to Korriban and advise the inquiring committee about the NJO's war crimes. In fact, he had already agreed to do so, in hopes of putting the whole affair to rest once and for all. But what he had in mind did not involve... propping the NJO up.

"The idea of anti-Jedi sentiment isn't a new topic...It's an unseen enemy that largely stems from the idea that many people don't understand the Jedi. One thing for certain, it doesn't spare denomination; this threatens to destabilize the Order as a whole. No one can understand the plight of a Jedi better than a Jedi..."

The hour was late. In recent months, there had seemed to be a break from all the fighting. The Bryn'adul were collapsing in the absence of their leader; the Sith Empire had fallen, the old guard of Lords disappearing into hiding. Yet Nimdok knew, perhaps better than anyone in this room, that the fighting hadn't stopped. The Silvers' attempt at liberating Lao-mon had failed, and because they had dared to defy the conquest, the Mawites had initiated a genocide against the natives.

Against Nimdok's entire species.

In light of that, the war crimes of years ago should have been a distant memory. Yet perhaps because Nimdok felt all certainties slipping through his grasp, he could not let it go. He would unravel like so much string if he did.

Yet he was also a Jedi, if a reluctant one.

"Send a delegation to Coruscant, let the people see how varied and bright our Order is across the board. Help showcase what our Order can be at it's best when united..."

A pulse in the Force struck him there. A delegation to Coruscant... to prove not all Jedi are bad? The idea seemed cynical in principle, but if he could prevent another incident like when Ryv Karis barged into the Temple on Commenor or the Enclave on Jakku without warning, he would. He waited until Romi had finished, of course, but he was among the first to speak.

"I'm afraid my duties prevent me from going on tour, but I would be able to participate in a delegation to Coruscant," he said. "Count me in."

Be careful what you wish for.

IT'S ALWAYS DARKEST BEFORE THE DAWN...

76682.gif

"ELOAH" (Secondary - Long Handle)

"CONSERVATOR" (Primary - Long Handle)
Starship: Starlight Sentinel, (Jedi Interceptor in landing bay, Dilorian and Bike both in cargo bay)
Companion: Astromech R01R - "Roller", Pilot droid Mu51c - "Music"
Tag: Romi Jade Romi Jade Or'Fol Moric Or'Fol Moric Thurion Heavenshield Thurion Heavenshield Jairdain Jairdain Zorah Cinsilo Zorah Cinsilo Sakadi Marathi Sinvala Sakadi Marathi Sinvala Josh Dragovalor Josh Dragovalor Jyoti Nooran Jyoti Nooran Jacen Nimdok Jacen Nimdok

All eyes appeared to be on Caltin. No surprise really, he was visibly seething at the comments made by Romi. Yeah, he was looking right at her, and though his thoughts on her appearance and silhouette were already well documented to anyone reading this, it was not a time for jokes, he just looked on. The look in his eye though was hollow. He was focused on what she said. Not at her observations, she was not wrong, but at the thought of the state of the Jedi, more directly the NJO today. The first time he met them, the big guy looked at them like overbearing punks for the most part, sure, but they were Jedi and that was all that mattered to him. His opinion of them changed so much for the better over the past few months. Even if it didn't, they were still Jedi, that was all that ever mattered to him.

I did not wish to speak up yet. I wanted to see what everyone else had though. However, there are a few things to which I need to speak. If I may correct you on one thing. Well, offer a differing opinion, really, I do not see them as our “Jedi cousins”, though your observation is prudent and sound, I would look on them simply as “our fellow Jedi” just from a different part of the galaxy.

Shaking his head slightly and waving off the tangent, he continued, a little more composed and looking around.

That’s neither here nor there. We have a thankless existence, always have, when the people only want us around when there is a crisis. It is the existence of law enforcement, the military, of many. We all understand this. That is not the issue.

The problem always stems from those “in power” who want to use that to their advantage and the teetering bridge we balance ourselves on around them. I know from research, and experience that all the Jedi and you all know this as well, want is a partnership, but it never works out that way. I for one am tired of seeing those who do not understand us, try to use us. However do they not have a right to seek accountability? They have that right, however, where does that leave us? If the New Jedi Order is indeed truly guilty of their crimes, we should be there so as to bring about a just consequence that fits the crime and not allow for anger-induced biases to take control. Conversely, if the NJO are indeed victims of biases and are innocent of these crimes we need to be there to point that out. If the Jedi need to be accountable, then they have a right to due process.

Taking a deep breath, clearly not wanting to lose his cool, the big guy held up his hand.

I fear, and frankly think we all can see that something more sinister is in play here. I personally have experienced not only “anti-Jedi” sentiment, but a purge. I watched a Jedi Temple that I once called “home” fall to said purge. If not for a squad of Clone Commandos who fought the programming of their inhibitor chips, I would not have survived that day.

Shaking his head he stood erect. Sure, he was mad about this, but he seemed more inspired than anything.

I’ve lost a lot in my lifetime. I’ve lost friends. I’ve lost colleagues. I’ve lost “family” be it by blood, or by choice. I’ve seen Jedi fall, by a blade or to the Dark side. I’ve indeed lost a very lifetime. We’re not about “attachments”, but I’m not losing anymore. The galaxy needs to know that even though times have changed, the Jedi, for all intents and purposes have not.

Meeting the eyes of every Jedi in the room, he took another deep breath.

We stand as one, or we fall separately. Master Jade. Whatever you need of me. No matter what it is. You have my unconditional support.

... YET THE DAWN ALWAYS COMES.
ZhUyygm.png

Z89V35n.png
A single word from Jedi Master Romi Jade had the same sway as the statement of a sector government. That was why it came as no surprise to Sakadi that her petition could stir up the Silver Order enough to result in a council meeting. One with a higher attendance than usual.

Sakadi listened silently, her head resting in the palm of her hand, arm supported by her seat. She was only partially paying attention to Master Jade's proposal, her mind still lingering on their most recent battle. They all mourned the ones that had fallen that day. Although some…

She shot a glance at the cold, empty seat positioned opposite of the entrance. Kiara Ayres, Grandmaster of the Silver Jedi Order, was now one with the Force. But to Sakadi, Kiara Ayres had been more than their Grandmaster. Kiara was family. Actual family. Kiara's mother was a Sephi and a Sinvala. And that made it hard to let go, knowing that the only member of her family whom had ever understood her, was now gone.

And then there was her prized apprentice who had gone missing. She had felt the slight shift in the Force. The disruption of the bond between her and Cas. But she dismissed it. Wilfully ignored it. For something so terrible could not be the truth.

"Count me in." Sakadi glanced at the Jedi Master, one silver-white eyebrow raised. Her gaze shifted to Caltin right after, who voiced their thoughts with a bit of personal flair.

"We stand as one, or we fall separately. Master Jade. Whatever you need of me. No matter what it is. You have my unconditional support." Her brow furrowed.

"Masters…" Sakadi reached out with an icy tone, more distant than usual. A testament to her grief. "Need I remind you that this is a council meeting?" Sakadi drew herself up in an elegant motion. "We represent the Silver Jedi Order. We are here as a united body. With only one voice." She clasped her hands in front of her, and strode toward the empty chair. "Even without a Grandmaster. She projected softly, before turning back to her fellow High Councillors. "So please refrain from stating your individual support and dedication until we have made a decision together. She chided.

Sakadi turned to Romi, her cold stare melting a little. "Master Jade, my apologies for our dissonance and my outburst." She relaxed a little. "Could you please elaborate on this tour? You ask for members of the Order to join you as ambassadors. Ambassadors of what, exactly? Would you like them to have the authority to act and make promises on our behalf?" She granted the blonde master a warm smile. "Please, enlighten us a bit more. Afterwards, I would like to ask for a moment alone, so we can discuss your proposal in private."

Romi Jade Romi Jade | Or'Fol Moric Or'Fol Moric | Thurion Heavenshield Thurion Heavenshield | Jacen Nimdok Jacen Nimdok | Jairdain Jairdain | Zorah Cinsilo Zorah Cinsilo | Caltin Vanagor Caltin Vanagor | Josh Dragovalor Josh Dragovalor | Jyoti Nooran Jyoti Nooran

Silver Jedi Council Member

Z O R A H  C I N S I L O
dkpurple.png
Equipment/attire: Zorah's lightsaber
Location and time: Silver rest, High Council Chambers​
DYnZ0fN.png

This request for another meeting had not quite come as a surprise, in fact, she had felt a certain change in the future as if all of her senses were alerted of something that had yet to come, be it major or 'minor'. And the moment Jedi Master Romi Jade had requested the presence of all of the Jedi Council to ask for a favour, everything began to add up.

From the moment this meeting had started, Cinsilo had only leaned back in her chair as she watched the requests being made, the idea was good but there were some anomalies to it, that would sooner or later be discovered by her colleagues. So as the meeting had begun to progress moderately, the Jedi Consular observed silently as her colleagues had begun to either show their support of this petition or had seemed to be a bit sceptical about it, but Zorah wasn't quite sure on what to say or do, so when the Sephi began to reveal her doubts and swiftly corrected the statements of Master Vanagor and Master Nimdok.

And now was the perfect time to voice her opinions on this matter... With a bit of force, she placed her palms on the armrest of her seat before pushing herself up, yet refraining from walking to another chair. Instead, she exchanged swift and cold eye contact with Vanagor and Nimdok before looking around at the other members of the council. The Jedi Master cleared her throat as they glanced at Sakadi before moving around a bit, trying to look every Councilor in the eye.

''I agree with Master Sinvala. This council needs to remain united and still is a variant of democracy, if we don't make our decisions together, then what is it worth to even have a council?''

The Coruscanti spoke with certain doubt of what had just gone down, it was a disgrace that certain members had begun to act in on their individualistic ideals, yet after all, this situation had been peculiar. The Grandmaster had fallen and became one with the Force and now a new Jedi would have to be elected to lead this chaotic organisation, if it was the wrong person then other parts of the Silver Jedi Concord might fall, but it was only time that could possibly admit to these suspicions.

''We are all deeply saddened by the disappearance of our Grandmaster and now with an Anti-Jedi movement, things might take a turn for the worse if we don't act now. If people have studied the history of the Jedi, as Master Vanagor had presented, this could be a nemesis worse than the Sith could possibly present themselves to be. All because it is concealed behind several actions, slowly trying to get a stronger grasp on us, if we don't listen to what Master Jade is advising us to do, then all hope might be lost.''

Zorah spoke harshly, she was critical of letting the Jedi be defeated by yet another hidden target, especially if it can be prevented by showing the people the serenity that the Jedi were known for. They were the keepers of the peace and shouldn't be forced to suffer under yet another movement that is trying to destroy this. She sighed before sitting down, yet this wasn't the end of her criticism.

''If we want to act in on this request, then we need the majority of this council to agree with that decision. So now might be the time to present your ideas on this matter, because the quicker we act, the better or the earlier we might stop this issue from developing into a worse enemy.''

DYnZ0fN.png

Last edited:

She was wholly grateful for Thurion's help in setting this up on such short notice, someone like him being in her corner meant a lot. Often times, she did things on the whim -- because it just felt right. Whereas she'd always been rambunctious in that way, it was good to know there were those of his caliber that supported her.

She shot him a nod in gratitude, mouthing "thank you," while the others seemingly gathered their thoughts.

She nodded in response to Nimdok -- he was clear and to the point, at least in his stance. Elated to have his support, it was still vital to keep close what Thurion told her before:

Thurion said:
"I should tell you, I cannot guarantee the success of your petition. The Council must speak with one voice, be of one mind. There will be disagreements and discussions before a decision is made, but I believe the chance is there."

Something with which she was familiar, and something which Sakadi would reiterate.

Then Caltin -- She yielded as he veered off on a tangent, shrugging with open hands and sprawled fingers. However you want to refer to them. She found it somewhat funny, giggling to herself.

"I can't really speak to the charges from the outside. But, I do agree that the system they have in place will run per usual, considering the evidence provided. Whether it's the Senate that takes it to trial, or the NJO that handles it internally, it should be left to them to decide. I think our roles should be purely supportive. Let's just show up and let them see that they're not alone weathering this storm, and that whatever the verdict is, we'll honor it."

Caltin was next to show his support.

She turned to Sakadi -- she agreed to her request with a quick motion of the head.

"Of course, yeah." She continued, "I've been subject to the holo-news, and holo-tabloids -- much to my enjoyment." Her eyes did a thing for added umph. "But in thinking about how many people feed into the media among many other things that portray us poorly, they need to understand that we're accessible and transparent with them. Otherwise, how can they look at us and see hope? But in order to do that, we need to go where they are and allow them to take part in crafting the narrative."

"This isn't 22 BBY anymore, it's alright for us to modernize a bit and open up, jeez. The reclusiveness is tired."

A beat.

"This tour is essentially a mission to establish and promote positive galactic relations between us and various governments, diplomatically of course. At this point, our ambassadors will go in and help foster cultural relationships, and let these parties tell us where they stand and what they need politically, socially, economically, all while explaining our own principles and expelling any negative perceptions they may have."

"At this stage, I don't think we need the authority to make any promises. Think of it more as just introductions, somewhat of a counter narrative to the Anti-Jedi one."

Master Zorah spoke, and she scanned the room for whatever was to happen next. Were they at the stage of making a final decision?

"If the overall vote is a yes, Auteme Auteme has already agreed to organize a diplomatic invite for your members to Coruscant."

Last edited:
Romi Jade Romi Jade Or'Fol Moric Or'Fol Moric Thurion Heavenshield Thurion Heavenshield Jairdain Jairdain Zorah Cinsilo Zorah Cinsilo Sakadi Marathi Sinvala Sakadi Marathi Sinvala Caltin Vanagor Caltin Vanagor Josh Dragovalor Josh Dragovalor Jyoti Nooran Jyoti Nooran

Master Vanagor went off on a tangent, though that wasn't unusual for him. The Clone Wars-era Jedi certainly didn't look his age, but in some ways he was like the grandpa of the group. Wise and lovable, but a little much sometimes.

Master Sinvala and Master Cinsilo both shot glares at the two men and voiced their disapproval. Nimdok returned these chiding looks with an innocent smile to mask his irritation.

"I've been subject to the holo-news, and holo-tabloids -- much to my enjoyment. But in thinking about how many people feed into the media among many other things that portray us poorly, they need to understand that we're accessible and transparent with them. Otherwise, how can they look at us and see hope?..."

It was pure coincidence that Nimdok chose that moment to drink some water, and nearly choked. He disguised it with a cough, realizing belatedly that Master Jade wasn't making a crack at him and his articles. Unless she was, in which case, well, he didn't write for tabloids. He wrote for scholarly journals and such. Which sometimes read like tabloids, but that was due to the lackluster writing skills of others in the field...

Nimdok sighed. These days he was oversensitive and prickly, whether due to physical threats pursuing him, or psychological attacks both external and internal. He was developing a habit of automatically becoming defensive, even when dealing with the most minor of perceived slights.

When Romi finished speaking, Nimdok set down his glass and spoke plainly. "With all due respect, even if this Council did not agree to so much as lift a finger for the New Jedi Order, I will be involving myself in their affairs very soon. The Alliance Senate asked me to advise them on the NJO's war crimes during the Stygian Campaign. It pained me to accept, given that I'd rather we all focused on dealing with the Maw right now, but I did. Because I figured if we lose sight of justice, we're no better than jungle creatures.

"But now, rather than choose between two types of justice, civilized or jungle, I see an opportunity to reconcile them both to each other, like lovers after a fight." He stood up. "If the members of this Council would prefer I operate as a humble professor rather than a Silver Jedi Master, I am happy to comply. It makes no difference. After all, I was doing this sort of thing well before I joined the Silvers." Nodding to Romi, he added, "Thank you for bringing this to my attention. My answer hasn't changed; tell Auteme I will go to Coruscant. Better yet, I'll tell her myself. Now, if you'll excuse me, I have some preparations to make."

He left the room.

Be careful what you wish for.

IT'S ALWAYS DARKEST BEFORE THE DAWN...

76682.gif

"ELOAH" (Secondary - Long Handle)

"CONSERVATOR" (Primary - Long Handle)
Starship: Starlight Sentinel, (Jedi Interceptor in landing bay, Dilorian and Bike both in cargo bay)
Companion: Astromech R01R - "Roller", Pilot droid Mu51c - "Music"
Tag: Romi Jade Romi Jade Or'Fol Moric Or'Fol Moric Thurion Heavenshield Thurion Heavenshield Jairdain Jairdain Zorah Cinsilo Zorah Cinsilo Sakadi Marathi Sinvala Sakadi Marathi Sinvala Josh Dragovalor Josh Dragovalor Jyoti Nooran Jyoti Nooran Jacen Nimdok Jacen Nimdok

Caltin spoke his peace. He wasn't speaking for the Council when he offered his support. He didn't concern himself about any opinions of him, why back in his day...

Not... funny... right... now...

Fine, anyway he just looked at the floor and smiled as comments and observations were made. The "old" Caltin...

Back off...

Anyway, the Caltin that would walk away from this was gone. He wanted to, but this was a part of his personal growth. His offer to Romi stood, he spoke only for himself, if it was voted that the Council would offer support as a whole that was a good thing but he was going to act for himself. This was not comparable to the past, this was not a Mandalorian attack on the Republic. This was not a Sith Lord making his way to Chancellor and transforming the Republic into an Empire. This was the effort to stop this loop. Maybe it was a tangent, maybe it was "a bit much" but it was who he was and that was that.

He spoke his peace.

He wouldn't speak up again.

... YET THE DAWN ALWAYS COMES.
ZhUyygm.png

Tags: Romi Jade Romi Jade Caltin Vanagor Caltin Vanagor Jacen Nimdok Jacen Nimdok Zorah Cinsilo Zorah Cinsilo Jairdain Jairdain Sakadi Marathi Sinvala Sakadi Marathi Sinvala Josh Dragovalor Josh Dragovalor Jyoti Nooran Jyoti Nooran Or'Fol Moric Or'Fol Moric

Having held his peace for much of the discussion, the hologram of Thurion broadcast from his home on Midvinter observed each member of the Council as they shared their views on the matter at hand. As the person who brought Master Jade's petition before them as well as set up this meeting, he thought it best to step back and not interject too much in the debate. Just as he'd foretold, there would be those on the Council more hesitant to lend aid to their sister order than others, given their rocky relationship.

Still, when the discussion turned heated enough to warrant one such member of the Silver Council to exit the scene, he felt things had stooped to a new low. He felt compelled to speak up.

"Members of the Council, please," his blue depiction flickered, being projected from the very edge of the known galaxy. "Master Jade is only acting out of a sense of duty to the Jedi; we could all learn from her example--"

The hologram was suddenly joined by another, much smaller figure crawling into his lap. His grandson Thyri, glad to have his grandpa back, deigned to sit in on his important call.

"My grandson. Having the family over for dinner. Now where was I..."

"E-examp-p-ple," the lad stuttered.

"Thank you, Thyri. Yes, I believe it is our duty as Jedi to join this diplomatic endeavour. Is it any wonder governments around the galaxy is suspicious about us, when all we appear to be doing is perpetuate the everlasting conflict with the Sith or some other group? The people, and more importantly their leaders, need to know we're more than soldiers. We are healers, peacekeepers, scholars, teachers. We are many things, but world leaders we are not. It is these world leaders and politicians we must convince of our noble intentions, so that our message of peace may reach the masses unhindered by bureaucracy or propaganda."

Thyri squirmed himself into a more comfortable position and shut his eyes while resting his head against grandpa's chest, lulled to sleep by his voice. And probably more than a little bored by all the serious talk.

"The Jedi may not unify into a single entity during our lifetime, however we are still brothers and sisters sharing that same origin dating back thousands of generations. No one order is more right than the rest; we stand as equals or we shan't stand at all. If the New Jedi Order is, gods forbid, laid low by the Alliance Senate, we will have lost a vital ally in the north, and may even gain a dangerous enemy if suspicions continue to fester."

His head tilted down to kiss his grandson's head of auburn locks.

"There it is, you know where I stand. I bow to the Council's decision, as always."

Last edited:
Or’Fol had been quietly listening during most of this. He heard the other’s speaking, and would think through the history he knew well. It would be a challenge for sure. He looked at the others, giving a “chuff” from his blowhole before speaking up.

“I must admit, I agree with Master Heavanshield’s sentiments. Historically, most arrest that try to keep too many secrets end up with the Galaxy turning on them. People tend to fear those they don’t understand, and that can be manipulated, and have disastrous conclusion. This, would potentially help alleviate any fears.”

Romi Jade Romi Jade Thurion Heavenshield Thurion Heavenshield Caltin Vanagor Caltin Vanagor Jacen Nimdok Jacen Nimdok Sakadi Marathi Sinvala Sakadi Marathi Sinvala

Z89V35n.png

The Silver Jedi Order had thousands of Jedi to guide, inform and direct. That was what the council was for. To judge a case from many different viewpoints, so the wisest decisions can be made. Together, they decided the future of their Order. And through that, they had an impact on the galaxy. It meant that they had to be careful with their power and influence, and back the council no matter the outcome. Otherwise there would be chaos. They would be fractured.

And when fractured, protecting life at a galactic scale would no longer be possible.

That was why the professor's choice to ignore whatever the council would settle on and run off on his own bothered her greatly. Whatever his argument was, Nimdok still represented the entirety of their order, even if he didn't mean nor want to. It made her want to ask if he actually could separate "I" from "we". If he understood how much his individual, and in her opinion selfish, decision could actually shape events.

And she would have, had Thurion not interjected first, followed by Or'Fol. Both raised valid points, although Sakadi was not fully convinced. She had spoken with Romi about this before, and had no qualms helping her achieve her goal. But as an Order?

"If I may voice my concerns," She began, standing beside by what once was Kiara's seat. "I believe our presence may have the opposite effect. It is as you say, Master Heavenshield. The Jedi of the New Jedi Order are our brothers and sisters too. I feel compelled to help them too." Her lavender ears drooped. "Unfortunately, the Galactic Alliance does not see us that way. To them we are a foreign power. Allies, but a faction outside of their nation." It was exactly the issue Romi was trying to solve. The general public simply didn't know them well enough. "And when in history has outside interference actually solved a nation's internal conflict? More often than not, it only makes the conflict worse. Much worse." She paused. "I fear that sending ambassadors on behalf of the Silver Jedi Order. No, the Jedi, even, will have that effect." With the resurgence of the Sith and growing influence of the Maw, the last thing they needed was strife between allies. "Therefore I agree to raising public awareness and interacting with neutral system governments. But I vote against interfering with the matters of the Galactic Alliance by sending ambassadors. It's too high a risk to take." She had a feeling that she was the only one who would vote against the proposal. It didn't matter to her. She just wanted them to be aware of what the consequences of this decision could be. But whether she agreed with the other council members or not, Sakadi would fervently back the council's decision.

Romi Jade Romi Jade | Or'Fol Moric Or'Fol Moric | Thurion Heavenshield Thurion Heavenshield | Jacen Nimdok Jacen Nimdok | Jairdain Jairdain | Zorah Cinsilo Zorah Cinsilo | Caltin Vanagor Caltin Vanagor | Josh Dragovalor Josh Dragovalor | Jyoti Nooran Jyoti Nooran

Everyone had their own stories to tell. And their parts to play in the stories of others. While he had been busy with his own tales, one Jedi Master hadn’t forgotten where he came from. He was always ready to do his part when necessary, and this… Was one of those times. While he appeared via hologram, the Jedi Master was still attentive, listening to the words of Master Jade carefully. This was a rather delicate matter, wasn’t it? With the Bryn and Sith collapsing, they could finally rebuild. But with the apparent warcrimes of their fellow Jedi… There was still business to attend to when it related to the war, it seemed.

Two Jedi spoke first, giving their own individual decisions. The third, Sakadi, told them to wait until they were ready to make the call as a unit. Something he agreed with, and Master Dragovalor would nod his head to signify his agreement with Master Sinvala. She asked for elaboration, also a good plan.

Oho, so she had already made plans assuming they would say yes? Bold of her. She wanted them to foster relationships, and find out what they wanted and where they stood. It sounded like the job of politicians, but… If this narrative was anti-Jedi, he supposed it made sense she would come to them. And then Nimdok, as brash as ever, made his intentions clear and stormed out. This had been quite the meeting so far, wasn’t it?

Then came Thurion and his grandson. Josh gave a warm smile to Thurion, and waved slightly to his grandson to indicate that the lad’s presence was acknowledged. But he gave his thoughts, and soon, as did Or’fol and Sakadi.

He probably should speak up about now, shouldn’t he?

Moving his hair from his face so they could see his expressions more adequately, the Jedi Master gave a gentle smile to try and soothe the room before he spoke.

“Everyone has made vital points. Even if they are in some ways opposing and contrasting, seeing the situation from all angles is more than valuable. I want to thank Master Jade for bringing this up with us, and to the Council at large for providing their input, even if we’ve have our share of… Theatre as a result” Josh spoke up, a small hum of a chuckle emitting from his throat as he playfully jested towards Nimdok’s exit.

“This is a delicate situation. I agree with Master Heavenshield that the Jedi are more than simply warriors. There comes a time where we have to withdraw our laser swords and be examples. For when the conflict is done, and the galaxy returns to peace… What kind of world will be left behind? To me, our job is not just to protect the peace on the battlefield… But to do our part to help secure the future of our worlds in every way we can. Whether that is providing non-violent humanitarian aid… Or simply serving as examples for the people to see what that future can be like if they are good to one another and help those who need it. That is how I see the Jedi. It is how I teach my students to be, as Jedi. And one day, it is my hope that even those outside of us will see what it is that we truly seek. Helping our neighbors in the Alliance in any way we can, I see no problem with. For what is a Jedi if we cannot do more than fight? Much of the galaxy only sees our capability for battle. But I know we are more. And my hope is for others to know the same. So that our presence does not serve as a harbinger of destruction. But as a symbol of hope for a better future.”

But then came the kicker.

“And yet… As someone who has seen the political side of hundreds of governments in my years with the Jedi, I concede that Master Sinvala is correct about how delicate these matters can be. As good as our intentions are, we will be seen as meddling, and trying to inflict our will where to them, it does not belong. We may be seen as powermongers, seeking to expand our influence to provide more ground to stage our conflicts, no matter the cost. While raising public awareness and interacting with neutral parties are an easy affair, and one I will happily play a part… IF the Council decides on such, as a whole. Sending diplomats is… A delicate affair. The political scene is a minefield. Charging straight through like it’s a warzone will only make things worse. We need to exercise caution.”

He stroked his beard a moment, considering the situation.

“And yet, we cannot ignore their plight either. So I have a suggestion. Simply a suggestion, mind. Not my speaking on behalf of the Council, just to be clear. But the idea I have in mind is… We do both, yes. Awareness, neutral parties, and indeed, sending ambassadorial aid. But for the latter, perhaps it is best if we start… Small? One person, maybe two. Who will operate as Romi’s guests, if she obliges. Making it clear we are here by invitation of one of their own, and keeping our involvement small. Not poking and prodding too hard right away. We ease in. We survey the terrain, we gauge what we can do without setting off any mines. And if there is an opening, then we can push forward. Accustom them to our presence without being too bold right away. Slowly earn that trust and comfort before we begin barging into their affairs.”

With that, he lightly bowed his head. “That is one option I offer. Thoughts would be appreciated. No need to hold them back, I will not take offense.”

He smirked slightly. “Well, perhaps a little bit if you go about it rudely. But for the Jedi Council, professionalism should be easy. I will abide by the final decision the Council makes as a whole. Though I do admit I have personal interest in providing what aid that I can. It is not in my nature to ignore those in need, I suppose. Be they the weak, or the strong. Everyone needs help sometimes. And if we cannot find a general consensus with these three options… Well, I am sure we can open up the floor for more. It is a large council, after all, and we are also graced with Master Jade’s presence, who I am sure would be happy to aid us in finding a strategy that will benefit all.”

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom