Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Vehicle Xiemandokas Jivanikas

Status
Not open for further replies.
horizon-zero-dawn-thunderjaw.jpg

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION

PRODUCTION INFORMATION
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
SPECIAL FEATURES
STRENGTHS
  • Of a Kind: Like any other Basilisk, the Jivanikas is heavily armored, and armed. Having enough weaponry to take down armored vehicles, some ships that enter an atmosphere, and personnel. Sporting weaponry that is able to pierce armors, fortifications, shielding systems, and even some defensive systems to protect the rider from weapons that could cause serious damage to the rider, or the unit itself.
  • All Terrain: Able to fly via engine systems, repulsor systems, and having bipedal legs, provides usage not just on the ground, but also in the air. Able to perform in many situations where another vehicle would find it difficult to do the same.
  • Corruption: Unlike previous iterations of the Basilisk War Droids, the Jivanikas has been influenced via Sith practices and weaponry. Using a number of modifications and advancements that provide the Sith Rider with increased efficiency with the force. Particularly sporting a large Screamer Generator that coats the area in a black fog, as well as projecting screams of the dead. Causing fear, distress, or making it difficult for vocal communication. It also makes it difficult to find the rider and the Basilisk within the fog. Making combat difficult for those within.
  • Empathy Battery: Utilizing a Force Harvesting device, the fears, hatred, and other powerful emotions that are exhibited in an area around the unit, can be absorbed to act as a force battery for the rider, or allies to draw upon. Empowering themselves through the force.
WEAKNESSES
  • Thorn in the Foot: Like any physically waking tank, walker, or vehicle with a mode of transport via legs, it can be tripped up. Damaging the legs can make ground assaults very difficult, or force the Basilisk to become airborn and not be able to land upon the ground without crashing. Due to being air born, it can make it extremely difficult to hide, or not become a massive target for ground and air forces of an enemy.
  • Goliath's Downfall: As like with any vehicle that is large, it can be difficult to get into garages, hangars or the like due to the size and weight of the unit. Secondly, trying to get into enclosed spaces can be difficult, and if in such, can restrict movement of not just the unit, but the rider as well. Limiting what weapons could be used without damaging the surrounding area, or if any attempt is made to preserve what they are in.
  • Mask! Copy!: Like with any kind of smoke, or fog production, it can be worked around by wearing a mask, or using technology that can use infrared to see through the cloud. It is not perfect in its ability to obscure the area around it. Secondly, Beings who are able to resist mental manipulation, or have a resistance to such can find that the screaming be tolerable.
  • Voided: As with any kind of Force Nullification, the rider, as well as the ability to use the Force Harvester can be restricted by Voidstones, and can be outright shut down by the likes of Force Suppression abilities. Such in the case of the Force Harvester, it looses any and all charge it may have stored up when being affected. Being drained rapidly by a Voidstone, but will be completely drained when entering a Force Suppression.

mike-andrew-nash-sssssssss-24.jpg

mike-andrew-nash-mnash-raptor-12-03-13-kesyshot.jpg

DESCRIPTION
Where the connection between two cultures of War, and combat collide, is the combination of advancement in technology, as well as a change of old. Using the framework of the old Mandalorian culture in the form of Basilisks, integrated with Sith Technology, and influence, allows for a Sphere of Strength to ride into battle a vehicle that acts akin to more of a Monster of droid, than that of a simple machine.

Using some of the best possible armor plating known to the galaxy, as well as technology gathered from various groups of Mandalorians, Sith Culture, as well as Imperial Government applications, A "standard" Basilisk was shaped and molded to be akin to that of a Leviathan, or a Mythosaur rather than that of the Basilisk's earlier designs being built off of different creatures. Driving home the corruption of ideals presented by both cultures. The Mandalorians stole the designs from those they had defeated, and the cycle only continues with a Sith Lord, stealing the idea, and conforming it to their own modifications.

This perversion of the technology brings way for a very powerful mount, droid, and vehicle in one combination.

Last edited:
Vora Kaar Vora Kaar , I'll be your factory judge for this submission.

Jivanikas can drain the emotions, and power from those within close proximity to it. Utilizing a Harvesting device, that can consume emotions.

Force technology isn't my strength, and I feel like I'm missing something here. As I understand it, the Force Harvester is a superweapon that consumes life energy of beings. Is there a link somewhere that I'm missing where it can also just feed on emotions and not just life energy?

Gir Quee Gir Quee

You are correct. It is classified as a superweapon, however this variation can only harvest the Emotional output of beings in the area. It doesn't directly affect the individuals within its influence by itself. It is ONLY able to feed off of the emotions that people and beings give off.

I know that absorbing the life out of people is not really a fair and balanced aspect, and while people could outright ignore damage of such, I still did not want to introduce that aspect. Instead linking it only as a reference that such a device can harvest "Something" through the force. Specifically the Emotions and emotional state of people within its influence.

Vora Kaar Vora Kaar , I think I'm going to defer to John Locke John Locke to rule on this one. I'm fairly ambivalent myself, but I think it gets into a gray area where the Factory Administrator interprets what fits into the Chaos universe.

On one hand, the technobabble of Star Wars sometimes doesn't really make sense, especially when it comes to the Force. The ultimate practical effect of this I think fits in nicely with some things that we see in Star Wars, especially with the occult aspects of the Dark Side and its arcane artifacts. To your credit, I think that the Force Harvester is good example of such an unorthodox artifact, its drawing heritage from that device makes sense in the context of this submission.

On the other hand, the canon precedence for the specifics of this device looks weak to me because it is clear fusion of two things that otherwise share at best a weak relationship (A technology-based artifact that feeds off of organics and canonically unrelated force power that empowers organics).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom