Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Invasion Woken Furies | BotM Invasion of NIO held Nirauan

ChVAW7n.png

New_Sith_Order_Banner_Final.png

YdkbAw8.gif

Engaging: Ragnar Bloodfist Ragnar Bloodfist

Tennacus never expected his lightning to amount to any sufficient damage against an enemy like this, let alone hitting on a first strike. It would have been far easier to employ his lightsaber and dance in a wave of crimson flurries without calling upon the Force at all, but the Sith knew the benefits of analysing an opponent from afar. Demonstrating what he already anticipated, the Zabrak endured through the electric currents fissuring the air. As intriguing as it was, Tennacus found further interest in his execution of Form VII in concoction with Form IV. The combination assured him that his enemy was trained well enough to think rationally in a heated moment, and not be utterly compelled by a yearning to kill. Even if he was not a Sith, the Zabrak revealed a passionate display of determination.

Peace is a lie. There is only passion.

But Darth Tennacus had concluded his moment of observation the second he realised the Zabrak had endured through it. The luminous whips of lightning had quickly dissipated, and the Force was called upon immediately to propel his body up over his enemy, gathering momentum to thrust his being down behind the Zabrak to follow with another strike. In the midst of his propulsion, the Sith Lord had decided to bring his lightsaber into employment, whipping the chrome black hilt from an interior pocket of his open coat, whose crimson blade ejected the moment his feet touched the ground. In a swift motion with his back facing his opponent, Tennacus used the lingering momentum of the Force to swivel his body around to face the Zabrak, swirling the luminous humming blade in an attempt to cut at his opponent's shoulder.

YdkbAw8.gif

KNIGHT OF THE EMPIRE
IMPERIAL KNIGHT ARMOUR | Dual Lightsabres
Engaging: Darth Tennacus Darth Tennacus

X5Yx2PB.png
The ferocity of his emotions centered him. Where a Jedi would've been unhinged, a danger to themselves and those around them, Ragnar was a machine of war. A true fit like no other for his purpose in the Empire. The Templar Knight's sweeping blades, in the wake of his trio of blades flitted through the space that had once been occupied by the Sith.

Going up and overhead, Ragnar's frustration built, feeding off of it as any practitioner of the infamous Form VII would. It pushed him to be faster, more tenacious in his attacks, but focused him solely on the Sith's being, rather than anything else. A dense cloud that surrounded all other thoughts that were not of the Sith.

Even as this Sith continually attempted to flee, the mounting annoyance only tightened the tunnel vision. And the Zabrak was quick to be on him, not at one point during the battle giving him a chance to recover each time he took up a new position. Let him test, let him retreat. Either this Sith would fell him, or be trapped in the midst of his enemies, with naught but his slain creatures for company.

Grunting as the uniformed Sith touched the ground, his crimson blade slashing across his shoulder, Ragnar's head lurched away instinctively. He felt the burning sensation burn through the underlying bodysuit, right between the shoulder plate and the bulwark strapped around his bicep. Though his flinching away from it was quick, and he twisted away with a growl, his off-hand falling away from the staff.

Through the haze surrounding the single focus of his mind, a single thought cut through his mind.

Otherworldly and unexpected.

Invasive, but not hostile.

Familiar, and inspiring.
TO ME, MY KNIGHTS!
The bottom end of the saberstaff deactivated, clenched tightly in his main hand as he raised the alabaster blade and pointed it in the direction of Tennacus.

"Keep running, Sith."

The previously rough and raspy voice of Ragnar gradually growing louder, until it was booming. Echoing, as if with an ethereal influence. Proof that he did not speak with solely his voice as his presence grew, his mind gradually becoming tied to his brothers and sisters in the Order. The stalwart Khroraic the infallible Waymar Geyer , the grace of the sprightly Mogra'teksa Mogra'teksa the determined and rueful Crestfallen Errant Errant And most important of all, the Bastion of their Empire, the paramount representation of their Order and People, Rurik Fel Rurik Fel . He drew from him, his benthic strength and belief in his Knights.

"You speak of an empire, a people that would inevitably betray me? But you don't understand. You never could."​

His mouth moved, echoing the words as they fell from his mouth. He need not think them, for he was solely one of many conduits that the words uttered words fell from.
"I AM THE EMPIRE. I AM RETRIBUTION. "

"I WILL SUFFER THE DARKNESS NO LONGER."
S5NGKtw.png

His wounded arm snapped up, the pulsing pain forgotten. He dragged on the strengthened tether of their Knightly Order, drawing from each of them what he needed. That empyrean boost that washed through him, melted away the frustration and amounting anger, leaving a clarity that most of their Light Sided cousins in the form of the Jedi could never reach.

From his hand the Force was expelled. Gathered empyrean unleashing in an ivory lightning of his own in a cacophony of cracking thunder that scorched and atomized the corpses of both Trooper and Swarm with explosive fury as it leapt out sporadically on its path, for the Sith Lord.

arj4IAQ.gif

B R O K E N A N G E L
NEW IMPERIAL ORDER
THE PRODIGAL SON
N5cG5gd.png

XVQjA3r.gif

DARKNESS IN THE BLOOD

Darth Solipsis Darth Solipsis | Hand of Thrawn
“Strong in the Dark Side. I can feel it, that power inside you.”

It was true; Lucien knew this, and so did the few who were closest to him, that had seen what he could do, where his path could've gone had his potential been shaped into another direction. The darkness grew swiftly within him once more, swelling up to the surface in a noxious aura of unending hatred for the Sith, reinforced by the sorrow and regret that pierced his mind neverending at night. The countless deaths that followed his wake, be it on the side of the enemy or the brave warriors who he commanded into battle. The screams of the living, guttural with pain and anguish, the pleas of the defeated and dying, begging for an end to their suffering.
“We killed the weak so that the strong may rise. It is our way.”

He would've spat if his full attention had to be devoted upon the Sith. Even though those eyes filled with amber indignation, and a mind growing increasingly clouded by his own resentment, the Sith's words stabbed at his core with a blade hotter than the lightsaber he grasped with his own hands. There were few within the Empire who could count the number of bodies that they'd been accountable for, but Lucien was among that chosen few. Even less had survived till this present day, to see where their glorious Imperial Order had ended up, for better or for worse. The Jedi Lord of the New Imperial Order had been weak when he first came to them.

Many others had followed in his footsteps and the tracks of others, many of them being weak and seeking an opportunity to sate their thirst for revenge against the Sith. He couldn't believe it, even when his thoughts began to swiftly tell him otherwise. Coaxed ever so subtly by the Sith's lingering presence; the darkness radiating off the Sith'ari was an unlimited source of fuel for the brooding Imperial Lord. The Sith wanted him to fall, and Lucien wanted him to die. What came about as a result of their desires was a complete loss of self without the people who kept him grounded. The light that shone brightly was now all but dimmed, reduced to a glittering beneath the veil as he embraced his other half, the commonality that Solipsis shared in abundance.

The Dark Side.

Perhaps I was wrong about you.

Lucien roared outwards, exuding all the might he could muster to slow down the Sith's advance. His guard held steady, but with each passing bout that rained upon him, the difference in their abilities seem to grow more clear. The weight of the dark side behind each thunderous strike felt like the key; he needed to slake the growing hunger that consumed his mind, pressing him onwards in a bid to devour that very energy of his opponent, and opening his path once more to a victorious future.
Without Auteme you’d make an excellent Sith Lord

His body tensed and strained between the growing corruption and the unending assault, battering him down by the second. Amber orbs flickered to aqua and back, peering through the force and back into the material, fixated upon Solipsis evermore. The once noble King had lost his bearing, falling into the patterns of an untamed beast. The part of him that fought to keep him who he was, to keep him within the saving grace of the light side, had lost the battle over his mind again.
I can arrange this.

What was once an expression of passion and rage had shifted into something far more savage, more bestial in nature. The Sith's final words echoed through his mind, finding their way through discordant thoughts that had all but blockaded out every other desire but to fight like the beast he'd been brought to. For a moment the veil had been shattered, his eyes returning back to their deep aqua blue, his expression softening enough to remove the barbarous scowl from view.

The words echoed through his mind in a relentless loop, not even the perpetual hammering of lightsaber upon his guard being able to break their hold. Enforced into his thoughts, they slowly became more audible, echoing through the confines of his skull until they were the sole thing he could hear upon that blood-curdling battlefield. Clear to his mind as if the words were being said through his own lips.

Crimson flashed through the air, taking with it both the black-hilted lightsaber along with the synthetic prosthesis that gripped around it. Yet still, they resounded across his mind, calling upon him from beyond the veil, even as the killing blow seemed imminent. Weaponless and pressed to one knee, his eyes had long since dipped away from Solipsis, the sounds of the battlefield a mute event as far as he was concerned.

Once more she had found a way into his mind, though it remained an enigma as to whether the apparition was actually her this time. The darkness infecting his mind began to recede from the presence that walked so vividly within the Light, retreating into the crevices of his mind as it entrenched himself once more into his thoughts.

Amber eyes diminished into their natural blue, piercing upwards at the Sith'ari before the executioner's blade could be delivered to his foe.

"You'll have to kill me thrice-over before I let you touch her."

Lucien spoke telepathically, his remaining hand splayed onto the ground as he touched upon the abundance of powerful emotions propagating inside him. A wave of energy cascaded from beneath his palm, pulsing through the rooftop and in every direction around him as well. The invisible wave expanded rapidly from the source, oscillating through the foundations of the Hand of Thrawn's rooftop until the entire section had quickly grown unstable.

Shatter.

Those imperceptible echoes he felt through the force, were also capable of being perceived in another manner altogether. A final wave exploded from his palm, coalescing with the former surge of force energy until the rooftop's weak points had been overwhelmed with the inundant amount of energy billowing through the area. Warriors on both sides crippled over, brought to their knees mid-blow in some cases, as a large section of the rooftop began to cave in beneath their feet.

Entire levels buckled beneath the weight, as portions of the rooftop began to cave in beneath the imploding support beams that failed to hold them up. Warriors on both sides fell into the crevice, but neither side was afforded enough time to catch their bearings as further pieces of the warped crown of the Hand of Thrawn began to fissure open.

It took seconds for bodies to begin dropping, some to their deaths, while others were transported to an alternate field of battle. Lucien would be among them, as a massive fissure cleaved open the ground beneath him. Pandemonium ensued, even as he crashed through the ceiling with a thud, hoping to have taken his opponent -- and many of his twisted minions -- on the fall with him.

Last edited:

1-FC44971-63-D9-48-DC-AB25-DC1-F0-E8-E4153.gif

FOURTH POST
THE_WOAD
IMPAF-COMMAND

b2M89Vk.png

OBJECTIVE 1: GROUND ZERO

zVbpooy.png

Alric Árheim Ortʹtʹo Mikla Ortʹtʹo Mikla Dante Corvus Dante Corvus Aurelian Sigismund Aurelian Sigismund Julian Qar Julian Qar
WNx1cf7.png

Aemilio Valaar Aemilio Valaar Konrad Harrsk Konrad Harrsk Aridius 'TK-1575' Aridius 'TK-1575'
3jdBPbA.png

Kolson Vrask Kolson Vrask Sephi Karneh Sephi Karneh
nRC4pby.png

Willan Tal Willan Tal DECEASED Aron Gowrie DECEASED Aron Gowrie Gabriel Taggart Gabriel Taggart Shai Maji Shai Maji Alex Eldar Sturit Goan Sturit Goan

TeA5Hvw.png

Nukth Kelga'an Nukth Kelga'an Knight Knight Mogra'teksa Mogra'teksa

BOTM: The Mongrel The Mongrel Zachariel Steelblood Zachariel Steelblood Alars Keto Alars Keto Tor'r Tal'Verda Tor'r Tal'Verda
Maestus Maestus Halketh Halketh Khamul Kryze Khamul Kryze

ERSKINE'S LOADOUT
FRAGARACH MODEL DISRUPTOR PISTOL
BASKET-HILTED VIBROSWORD CLAYMORE

3jLO7wV.png

3jLO7wV.png

HOLDING THE LINE - NEW ROLE, NEW STRATAGEMS: PART 6
2QkOajc.png

Saffia District
The Hand of Thrawn's western far-boundaries
The Myrmidon Quarter
Fort Imperium
The Spaceport outskirts
Pellaeon District
Fiyarro District
Thrawn District

Outer northern suburban districts
FORT IMPERIUM, THE MYRMIDON QUARTER,
NEW CARANNIA, NIRAUAN (868 ABY)

+02:06:11 HOURS INTO MAWSWORN ASSAULT....

'SILENCE!!!! WE GOT GRUNGE ON COMMS!!!!'

<"Barran this is Grunge. Vandal Squad is out for the count, we're looking at something close to encirclement- about to be overrun.">

He could feel the dread sinking his heart deeper, but Lord Erskine would pull himself together regardless, especially for the commander of a contingent the Lord-General had grown to respect very quickly, seeing their capabilities for himself when he oversaw the Cresh training-exercise. Even with all the despairing of losing such quality in abundance, even with what sounded to be the last message of a doomed Vrask, Barrran couldn't help but vow against letting it happen again, vowing under-breath to be smarter, more effective with his best aces in the future. A hard situation for commanders of any operation of this destructive magnitude, but what would ultimately compound the Lord-General's dismay was what he heard next, as Vrask would reveal a parting detail about his past that knocked everyone in the war-planning room for a loop; a heart-breaking retelling of a childhood memory that still, somehow, despite the disarming nature of it, strengthened the resolve of everyone who'd stopped what they were doing to hear the hero's last transmission.

<"My-...my old man, before he looked down the barrel of some ORDIS thugs in Lothal city, punching the last ticket to get me, my mom and brother off that rock...he told me...'You're gonna take your licks in life, son. Just don't let them knock you down.' .">

'Ah, chit. Ah know they ay'ways say,"Dinnae get too attached ti Special Forces, Br'er.", but-'

Stopping himself from continuing, there was more than enough expressed in the content of his outburst, as everyone knew what Lord Erskine was driving at despite shutting himself up; and for what it was worth to everyone around him, they couldn't help it either, for all who wanted the Imperium to survive knew that Grunge's ilk were the backbone of the forces that assured it's greatest lasting victories. Bitter though the pill was to swallow for everyone, even with the all the emotion rising up with the darkness that beset them, IMPAF-Command (and all those in command of the other defenders within Myrmidon Quarter) would respect Vrask's wishes without even taking a moment to give a second thought to the implications, respecting the request as much as the man responsible for seeing it through to the end.

A gut-wrenching order for anyone to call in, let alone for everyone in that room with a clear, morose understanding of the situation as it unfolded, though no doubt one they willed every fiber of their souls to grant such a request.

<"Empire has done a lot for me, Lord General. I know what's expected of me. It's time for desperate measures. If I don't make it ...just make it all count, will ya? If I do...have a keg of that Woad whiskey waiting for me. Grunge out.">

'Godspeed, Grunge. An' if ye make it out - that keg will become an entire cask overnight, lad. Mark my words!', Erskine drawled at a feed that had gone dead by that point, still making a point of standing to attention and throwing up an Imperial salute all the same, caring not that he lacked the mystical powers required for such a message to be heard. Tilting his head to one side, Barran found the scar-faced 1st-Lieutenant awaiting his orders, and though Wyll was every part as moved by Vrask's words as the Lord-General was in that moment, he nodded with readiness to do what was asked of him. 'I know it'll take time but - first fleeter who answers, Lieutenant.', the Woad started, stopping briefly in feeling the weight of his decision weighing even heavier than it had before. With gaze returned to his subordinate, Barran inhaled long and deep through his nostrils before concluding,'First available fleeter contingent, you will make the call for the implementation of BROKEN-ARROW protocol.... For Grunge, for the Imperium.'

'Ave Rurik.'
'Ave Rurik.'

After burying his head in his hands for a while, the Stormchaser soon snapped back into an upright position after coming to a horrifying, though strangely insightful realization; this was the first BROKEN-ARROW Lord Erskine had ever ordered, and though this was a sobering though, the understanding that it probably wouldn't be the last seemed to serve as an oddly-effective slap to lucidity, a realm he couldn't (nor wouldn't) run away from. And so, lighting up a Faslaner cigar with the intention of focusing on the other pressing matters at hand, Barran soon realised it would be incumbent on him to raise the spirits of everyone around him after Vrask's last transmission, looking around him to find everyone else in the same frame of mind he had been in just moments before, and deciding there and then to raise them all out of it - deciding to make savages of every last man he saw for their sakes as much as his own.

'Of Grunge's ilk, I dare say we'd all be extremely fortunate to find his like in the future - but will it stop us from trying, an' from trying t'leave oor mark on the Maw before their destruction consumes Nirauan in it's entirety? From where I'm standing, it looks to me like we've still got cards t'play, so naw.... It won't stop us from trying t'find more men an' women like those of Vandal Squad, it won't stop us from leaving our mark on Nirauan, especially while there's still a chance to repel our enemies! AM I MAKING MYSELF PERFECTLY CLEAR, GENTLEMEN?!?!?!?'

b2M89Vk.png

HOLDING THE LINE - NEW ROLE, NEW STRATAGEMS: PART 7

tdEH6k2.jpg
FORT IMPERIUM, THE MYRMIDON QUARTER,

+02:17:10 HOURS INTO MAWSWORN ASSAULT....

"MAW - DELENDA - EST!!!! MAW - DELENDA - EST!!!! MAW - DELENDA - EST!!!! MAW - DELENDA - EST!!!! MAW - DELENDA - EST!!!! MAW - DELENDA - EST!!!! MAW - DELENDA - EST!!!! MAW - DELENDA - EST!!!!"

Fort Imperium was ready, and despite the downturn in morale, the Lord-General knew that the Myrmidon Quarter's defenders were more than up to the task of defending the Lord-General's last lines of defence; this the Woad knew for a fact, looking into eyes that had been dewy before, seeing them glaze over with cold, bloodthirsty determination. Even Lord Alric appeared more stern, steeling his heart for what he expected would either end in a last stand, or in a last-minute daring escape while the Maw ran rampant on Fort Imperium en-masse. This however, slightly perturbed the Baron's new colleague, as the Chieftain needed Árheim to have his wits about him, thinking about everything leading up to the choice to stay or retreat for the sake of those who would drop and die in the attempt to keep such an ultimatum from occurring. Shaking his head, Lord Erskine set the tone for the lecture he was just moments away from imparting, stepping closer so as not to raise his voice too loud in such a close vicinity before leaning in to mutter,'We need you in a thinking-man's shoes the-night, Br'er. Line-infantry's your strong-suit after all.', turning to point to the guard-trooper at the door behind them to make another point.

<"Gorman to Lance Two! Ceasing fire for carbonite cooling! We'll be using half the entire supply just to cool every piece of ordnance we have out here, two more sustained-fire barrages like that and we'll need to just fire off three shots at a time and hope for the best! Further Sit-Reps impending!">

<"Copy that, Lance Four! Load first shots preemptively! I repeat - load first shots preemptively! You've got enough peoeple down there for task-allocation so make it happen, Gorman. No ifs or buts, just do what you need to do. Lance Two out!">

Fort Imperator's artillery had become a lifeline, and thus were in no position to fail Fort Imperium's forward-operating heroes to the west, giving the Lord-General even more reason to believe how close both factions were to breaking under the mutual pressure. Not one element on the ground would be seen to be pulling any punches, as the developing situation on the holographic-table was showing Barran things he'd never expect to see - sustained cohesive movement from both sides of the battle at it's halfway point, and showing no signs of letting up in the slightest. However, before the Stormchaser had any time to make any passing comment on what he was seeing, the distinct coordinated string of ground-shaking thuds interrupted everyone's train of thought; artillery, laying waste to the edge of the Myrmidon Quarter's fortified eastern boundary, and judging by the lack of warning or hearing anything that might alert them before impact, Lord Erskine could only guess that the bombardment was coming from the east also.
BOOOOOOOOOOM!!!!
'If we survive this - perhaps we can arrange a tour, maybe even a range-day, an' perhaps even a workshop for your people at IMPAF-Command. You can dwell on this offer at length in your own time.'
BOOOOOOOOOOM!!!!
Nodding appreciatively, Lord Alric looked to be hearing him well, but not only that, the line-infantry commander was actually listening, and quite intently despite the fact he knew it wouldn't take long for the Myrmidon Quarter's eastern boundary to fall to the Mawite artillery's sustained-fire pressure. 'I will keep that in mind, Erskine. I will be sure too. I still have much to learn. Pleasantly, it appears I'm being given a rather educated teacher.', the plate-armoured Baron responded, stopped in his conversational momentum by more ground-shaking thuds hitting their marks to the east of their position, with segments of the eastern boundary heard crumbling soon after. Yet this was serving to illustrate the point that Árheim was on the verge of making, interrupted only once more by the sound of artillery-impacts and crumbling fortifications before he had enough time to inquire,'As I understand, my men are one of the last lines of defense against the Maw onslaught. What's your custom for hopeless battles?', taking his turn to search his colleague's gaze this time.
BOOOOOOOOOOM!!!!
'Heh! Me? Personally? I've always fought through them, so I wouldn't know personally. But sayin' as we'll be completely surrounded soon - it might be a last stand, Alric.'
BOOOOOOOOOOM!!!!
'Aye, looks like you an' I get to go out like Grunge after all, but in a much uglier, more agonizing fashion in contrast.... Fort Imperium is the end o' the line for us, an' yet,"If God can be found in the Crucible, the Divine can be felt in the pain!", so at least we get to feel a little grace before we die.'

<"Mendelson to Lance Two! The eastern wall has been breached! I repeat - the eastern wall has been breached! All units in the east have been ordered to fall back to the fortress!">

With palms facing back towards himself, Barran raised his hands in briefly, silently-mouthed prayer, closing his eyes and whispering in his native language before straightening his posture and opening his eyes to mutter,'Amen.', as the eventual swarm of raiders, marauders and undead rushed in to take the ground they cunningly laid open for themselves. But then, out of nowhere, the recognisable swarm of screaming TIE engines reverberated off the walls of the war-planning room as House Fortan's close-air offerings surged onwards, pulling enough wind-force behind them that it made the entire command-centre shake and vibrate under the pressure as the TIE-wing aircraft flew overhead in formation. By the sound and sensations felt rippling through the building, there were many, and with some engine roars sounding more strained than others, it became obvious to Lord Erskine that some of these were TIE-bombers, such that were carrying what sounded like supremely-heavy payloads.

'What the feth is-? THEY'RE ALL MARKED AS FORTAN'S, SIR!!!! I swear I never called this in though, you can check my logs-'

'-Shut up an' look lively, Wyll! It's time for another defensive play!', the Lord-General cut in, clearly wasting no time in reacting to yet another randomly-fortunate turn of the battle. Lord Erskine's assumptions would be given clear and tangible credence almost an instant later, as the bombers' payloads impacted all across the eastern and north-eastern battlefronts to an extent they continually shook the very foundations of a fortress that was nowhere near the terminal velocities of the Fortan Fleet's offerings for the Imperials on the ground. It would be enough to grant them time enough to fend off the Mawsworn attackers for a while longer, granting them time enough to prepare for one of the most brutal segments of the fight by far, though how they would do so was any man's guess; except, Erskine wasn't just any man to hazard guesses, and he was already enhancing the area-of-concern on the holographic-table when he spotted the perfect place to make his stand.

'Look here, lads. Notice how there's just heaps o' that open-ground to the west and the south of the breach? Its a death-trap for attackers, death-trap to retreat either way for anyone on those stretches o' concrete. An' yees see that wee gap there, that's exactly where the worst of it's going to spill through from.... So that entire stretch o' skyrises overlooking all of it? That, right there, is where we make our last attempt to bleed 'em good an' proper!'

Last edited:

Pain was a constant companion throughout war. It didn't matter where or who you fought. Agony clawed its way deep within the flesh, settling within muscle and bones.

Explosions ripped through the battlefield. Bodies flew into the air, battered and broken, some limbless, others were little more than chunks of burning meat. Blaster fire arched overhead, loosed by marauders and defenders alike. Pain clouded the mind. Ally and enemy fire became indistinguishable within the thick of it. All you could do was hope that soldiers behind you took a liking to you and then enemies before you were a lousy shot.

A horde of endless dead was another beast entirely. Their gnarled fingers clawed down the errant Knight's armor. Nails broke, flesh tore, but it did little to slow them down. His obsidian plate lacked any real damage from the mindless enemy. Even in undeath, they were limited by their body's capabilities. Their numbers were the problem. No matter how hard the Crestfallen hit one, three others clambered over one another to get at him. A semi-translucent barrier materialized around him, momentarily cutting him off from the attacks. Those behind his immediate attacks surged forward. They pushed mindlessly, unbothered by their allies crushed underfoot.

Errant took a deep breath and pushed out to both sides, his fingers curled up only to splay out at the zenith of muscular expansion. The barrier exploded like glass. Shards of energy sliced through muscle and tendons alike, crippling the already dead enemies. Falling to the floor, some crawled onward. Most turned to pulp. With a bit of breathing room, the Albino turned a circle to gauge the line behind him.

Even with the might of the horde pressing down on them, the Iron Crusade did not break. Good.

The Crestfallen turned back and slashed wide with his great weapon. With force-infused strength, two of the undead abominations fell away, sliced in twain. Another thrust of the hand sent a telekinetic wave barreling through several more. Their bodies descended into the writhing mass behind them. It didn't matter. More were coming. They clawed endlessly towards the shield wall, moving past Errant no matter how hard he fought. Their position was defensible against a mortal foe. Against undeath, they could only hope to outlast the witcheries that animated the corpses in the first place.

A familiar signature surfaced somewhere on Nirauan. Though Errant had not felt it since the New Empire's assault on Bastion, he could never forget his father's presence. It was distant. The signature weak, but there nonetheless.

Something must've been going poorly for Vaulkhar Zambrano to make an appearance.

Part of Errant wanted to depart the battlefield and seek out his father's spirit. Years spent an outcast to his brothers left their mark on the Albino. His sins aired regularly. He hadn't known a moment of peace beyond an apartment belonging to one Annasari Annasari in far too long.

That portion of his psyche disappeared as an undead imperial clawed at his breastplate and pulled him beneath the undead wave. Deserting his allies would do nothing. Begging his father for guidance would do nothing. Only once this endless fight for redemption ended would the Crestfallen know peace.

Blood ran down his face from a nasty gash over his right eye. It pooled within his socket, painting his vision crimson before darkness overtook it. More tears appeared on his cheeks, neck, and hands as cracked fingernails and gnashing teeth tore at his body. Errant could only stare upward at a gray, smoke-filled sky. Soon enough, even that disappeared as the horde overcame him. Bodies piled on top of him in an attempt to smother the flickering cinders of life. He remained calm. His mind went still as he exhaled once, then twice. The pain disappeared not long after.

Undead soldiers wouldn't be enough to end the Crestfallen's life.

Wave after wave pulsed outward from the downed Knight. Corpses flew through the air and slammed against the rubble. Bones shattered, muscle tore, but the abominations slowly forced themselves back onto ruined feet. Errant's crimson eye cut through the undead shadow overhead. His hand found the black blade at his side and tightened around the hilt. His muscles burned. His armor creaked. The weight of a dozen dead men continued to crush downward, but he pushed through with gritted teeth. The tip of his weapon pierced one zombie's chest and erupted out the other side. Behind the blow came another telekinetic blast.

Working his way onto his knees, Errant's blade swept out in terrifying arcs. More and more zombies fell upon him, their mindless forms knowing no strategy beyond surround, overwhelm, and kill. His intent would not be deterred. Errant grabbed one by the skull and slammed it into the ground. Black ichor exploded through chips of bone. He took another and tossed it aside before driving his blade down through a third from head to groin.

"Come on!" Errant roared defiantly.

Finally, back on his feet, the Crestfallen Knight pressed forward.

Not one step back.

Errant cut them down in twos and threes, his mighty blade undeterred by the flesh wall erected before it. His master's presence, though surprising, was not unwelcome. With it came a strength the Albino had forgotten after years of isolation. Rurik Fel's might flowed through him, alongside the will of brothers and sisters unfamiliar to Errant. The Imperator's decree would not, no, could not be ignored upon Nirauan.

"I AM THE EMPIRE. I AM RETRIBUTION."

"I WILL SUFFER THE DARKNESS NO LONGER."

The Albino took a deep breath and pressed his back against Waymar's.

"COME FORWARD BEASTS AND KNOW MY BLADE. FOR I AM ERRANT ZAMBRANO, SON OF VAULKHAR ZAMBRANO, AND IT IS THROUGH YOUR DEATHS, I SHALL KNOW REDEMPTION. BLOOD! BLOOD AND SOULS FOR MY LORD IMPERATOR!"

Honneur, Patrie, Valeur, Discipline
377-E0-DC1-DA69-4103-BC24-FF50-BDA930-B3.gif

grAAM8l.png

Objective III : Broken Angels; Clash of Armadas
Equipment: uniform, custom-made blaster pistol, ceremonial sword, telescope

ALLIES | Fiolette Fortan | Wilhuff Krieg | Scourge Harz Scourge Harz | Culas Vile
ENEMIES | Tu'teggacha Tu'teggacha | Isabella Pavan Isabella Pavan

Name​
Class​
Status​
Commanding Officer​
X101 Pride of Anaxes
In maintenance​
X102 Audacious
In maintenance​
X103 Courageous
Fully crewed, operationnal​
CV-2 Tonnant
In maintenance​
Silencieux
In maintenance​
AIV L'Effroyable
In maintenance​
Commander Louis Fort-Drake​
AIV Le Téméraire
In maintenance​
Commander Schwanhelt Bulge​
AIV Le Malin
In maintenance​
Commander Arthur Leywin​
AIV L'indomptable
In maintenance​
Commander Philippe Montcalm​

Legend: comm in, comm out, ship's intercom and broadcast system, crew

vDVBrQ1.png

NIV Le Valeureux, Imperial-class Star Destroyer
Commanding officer : Commodore Albrecht Herlock

"Sir, three Samael-class frigates are sunk, the others are retreating."

"Status of our allied ships ?"

"Task Force Kingsman is moving to a lower orbit and Task Force Godhand's Antares Draco is under ennemy fire."

"Contact the Antares Draco."

"Aye Sir. Channel opened."

"Antares Draco, this is Commodore Herlock, commanding Le Valeureux. Our ship will come to support you right now alongside with your fleet. Le Valeureux, out."

"Navigation, take us near the Antares Draco. Artillery, keep firing at those Samael-class. Fire everything we've got."

"Aye Sir !"

The ship slowly started to change course, moving to support the Legate-class star destroyer. Le Valeureux kept firing, aiming at the retreating Samael-class with all of his armament. This was more a barrage than a precise shooting but this was mainly to prevent the frigates to come any closer.

Staying behind, while some would think as a failure, or being sidelined, was not the truth. There were many fights being performed. Many in which were becoming more... cumbersome to those who were stationed with me. We were essentially the last line between anyone and the Library so that if any snuck through, or happened to get past what was already there, then we still had layers that could take care of them. Such as earlier. The contingents who reported back in repelling a group trying to go around our forces. It gave us information on where we needed to be, as well as allowed those on the front lines to keep doing what they do best. Facing forward.

However, it was suddenly we got something different.

"Sir, uh.."
"Speak."
"Aerial reports flying just over head, caught a very small heat signature extremely close to the library."
"Continue?"
"We don't have any troops near that location."

All I could do, was roll my head to the back of my spine. A sharp intake of air could be heard through the respirator I wore. The Mask then had a metallic exhale as I pointed to my Lieutenant.

"Keep me updated on any reports. Send some of the Elite Class Nova's to that location. I will Rendezvous with them."
"Yes, sir!"

Without much of any words, they were now moving with haste and a frantic feeling that they may have failed me, and our chapter. I didn't want frantic, I wanted haste.

"Keep your heads clear, and focus on the job. I'll handle the situation."

A couple nods of understanding came at me before I made my way out of the room. Almost sauntering out, to keep up the guise that this was nothing bad. However, as soon as the doors behind me closed with a loud lock, My body went into overdrive.

Cybernetics running at top gear to increase my sprint down the halls. Arms pumping to fill my artificial lungs with air. Turning on some adrenaline dumps, I could feel heat begin to wash over me as I was going to do everything I could to keep this library out of enemy hands.

It was at this moment, that a secondary wave of the force washed over me. One of Rurik Fel. Our Knight Commander in which formed what could only be a Bond between all Knights within the area. It was a calling to arms. One in which I took to heart. If the Fel commanded it, I was his tool. His hand, his fist that would bring down the Iron Wrath of the Imperial Order upon those who trespassed.

It would only be a moment before I would get there.

N5cG5gd.png

Ziare Dyarron
COMPNOR (ISB) Junior Agent, Nite agent
A38-CC9-FF-DFAB-41-E3-BA63-CD5-C01100-AA4.gif
Objective II: Hand of Thrawn
Equipment: FS-18-UP2 Omega Phase Assault Rifle | 2x PV-16 "Sunfury" Pulse Pistol | Druetium Armour | Viper Mk. I Skinsuit | 2x Vibrodagger || Stealth field generator || OPBC-01m
Allies: Ragnar Bloodfist Ragnar Bloodfist | Djorn Bline Djorn Bline | Khroraic | Saaveina Saaveina | Noel Strasza Noel Strasza | Rurik Fel Rurik Fel
Enemies: Tegan Starfall Tegan Starfall | Darth Solipsis Darth Solipsis | Kyrel Ren Kyrel Ren | Jin Kyrel Jin Kyrel | Darth Mori | Lord Letifer Lord Letifer
mubNJ7l.png
[ Planet Hell ]
"Galactic Basic" | ~"Telepathic" communication ~ | << comm. channel >>

lYfhMT0.png
Now should I say I felt uncomfortable? That was the truth. He knew who I was. He was a COMPNOR agent? It didn't make things better either. I was hoping to leave that period behind. I didn't even deal with the affairs of the estate anymore. I never really lived like a nobleman. I would have just answered when I felt something. Something happened. I have no idea what, but something does.

For one thing, I was sure I shouldn't have been here, but somewhere else. Still, I stepped closer.

"Sir! This is secret data, you shouldn't know that. Who are y-?" I wanted to ask.

I couldn’t finish the sentence, I heard a very quiet thud from behind my back and then a loud roar the next moment. Something shot through the door, hitting the man's head straight. Even before he could have turned around; the head, though, exploded like a melon. I won't know who it was. And I instinctively jumped aside. However, MANIAC did not detect anyone out there.

He didn't even signal the shot! The other soldier was also dead. I knew what and who was able to do this. Sith assassin. How and why? I picked up my helmet as quickly as possible and looked carefully down the hall. No one attacked me now. There was no sign that anyone had been here. The soldier was also shot in the head. Fast and clean work, too fast, too clean. I hurried back to the office to try to find out who the man was.

However, everything was too clean in this place. There were no documents, the bookshelf was a disguise, and there were not even terminals or machines here. What is going on? I haven’t encountered anything like this since I’ve been with the NIO. In any case, if this is the end I will report this. But in the meantime, I could do one more thing.

~ MANIAC, try to find out all about this… ~ I said as I heard a hissing sound. The man melted at my feet and there was nothing left of his body.

What's going on?! Feth! At that moment, I heard an unmistakable voice. The turbolift has arrived.

UaaFcjP.png

54MNAtl.gif

Objective: Freak Show
Location: Hand of Thrawn, Heading for Strasza and her snipers.
Equipment: Mind Crown | Black MidNight Duster with Hood | Echani shield suit | Grav Boots | Eltro Life Gloves | x4 red lightsabers | Defender | Forearm Lanvorak | Wrist Laser | x2 FWG-5 Flechette Smart Pistol | Boomer | X4 Daggers | Pack of Death sticks | Various Explosives | Holopad
Allies: Darth Solipsis Darth Solipsis | Kyrel Ren Kyrel Ren | Jin Kyrel Jin Kyrel | Darth Mori | Lord Letifer Lord Letifer
Enemies: Khroraic | Ragnar Bloodfist Ragnar Bloodfist | Djorn Bline Djorn Bline | Saaveina Saaveina | Keilara Kala'myr Keilara Kala'myr | Rurik Fel Rurik Fel |
Engaging: Noel Strasza Noel Strasza

GM1OQzU.png

Tegan was perched under a desk she heard them talk about using something called Ravenous and that they need their rebreathers. With hat did a quick check off her gear making sure her gloves and boots where properly sealed to her armor. Then she reached up to her neck and sealed the ill-fitting helmet off even if the helmet was a hinderance visually it was safer then facing what ever the hell this ravenous was. Just the way the leader of the snipers seemed to talk about tit, it didn't seem like nice stuff.

Tegan then went to her utility belt and pulled out a small case inside where several vials, mostly of minor poison antidotes and simple anti venom. Though there was one vial marked only in case of emergencies and only contain number IBBWVI71A- Origin. She took that vial and loaded into a Hypo-syringe, then put the Syringe on her belt so she could quickly access if she needed it in an emergency. Putting the other case back in its pouch on her belt.

As she finished that up a grenade was thrust into the room followed by the footsteps of some people from the sniper squad. The room quickly filled with the noxious gas as the grenade went off and then a voice followed. "Dragging your death out won't make you a hero." Also that filling of the distance force had gotten stronger, what ever was messing with her connection it was because of the snipers. Tegan bit her tongue wanting to yell out I was a damn Planet in my last life but she knew better she had to rely on hit and run if she wanted to get out of this with her head intact.

For some reason though they seemed to back out of the room. Tegan realized it was because of her Jacket, she was invisible to mechanical sight and sensor sight due to the material it was made off. So only direct sight would alert them to her. That would certainly by her some time. Then Tegan from under the desk she was hiding under looked around looking at all the outlets under the desk where various office stuff was plugged in for power. Tegan then reached to her backpack and pulled out her holopad, pulling a Scomp link from it and plugging it into one of the Scomp link socket. As soon as she did her holopad began running several programs to try and break security which would give Tegan access to more things in the system for this tower.

While that was running and the snipers where continuing to search the floor, she knew it wouldn't take long for them to double back hoping to find the gas had done its work. Think of that Tegan cautiously looked out from the desk and moved to grab the shell or part of it from the grenade with the Gas. As she grabbed piece of the shell, she scurred quickly back under the desk taking a swab of it she stuck it into analyzer port on her holopad and started running that program as well. She then remotely connected the holopad to her hud and by extension her mind crown giving her more range to access with force dampened though not nulled her range on the mind crown was greatly affected but the helmet would amplify it so she could cover the whole building with her mind crown so long as the helmet remained intact.

Tegan was trying to mitigate the fact she didn't have the force on her side. She knew she was at a sever disadvantage even more so when her holopad sent the analysis of the of the gas and she realized what exactly she was up against. It was looking more like she might just have to use that last resort option. Tegan then took a deep breath through the helmets rebreather system as she once again emerged from under the desk. The diminutive figured darted out into the hallway as she did she pulled a second grenade this one a sonic grenade and tossed it the direction of the snipers who had exited the office she was in but she stayed on the moved darting into he office across the hall that the other snipers had cleared.

Jester

J

ChVAW7n.png

Tags: Auria Blackmoore Konrad Harrsk Konrad Harrsk

Weilding: Sword of the Dagda Mor
Wearing: Viper mk2 skinsuit

Jester swung hard at Konrad's blade, pushing him backwards and onto the defensive, there was a grin on Jester's face as he felt the initiative going his way, until the grapple launched at him. He felt every muscle in his arm tense hard with the electrical pulse, clamping down on his sword but losing any ability to command the arm, his body shook momentarily as he began to channel his tutaminis, it took much his strength to do it but he fought back the electrical discharge, he still had very limited control of his arm, but the rest of his body was responding. He yanked hard on the grapple to pull Konrad in and try to headbutt him.

Moments after this, something struck Jester hard in the face and reeled him backwards, again increasing the gap between Jester and Konrad, he had allowed himself to become focused on the swordsman and ignored the witch. His eye was already closing, bones chipped and tissue beginning to fill with fluid. He snarled at the pair as he struggled to regain his composure.

Aurias had a small win with her physical force attack, but her next attack was a mistake, mind walks work much better on people that supressed their memories and were afraid of their darkness. The combined wills of Jester and his sword would have the strength to fight back the attack, but they let her in, let her walk where angels fear to tread. She would expose his memory, but she would be the one subjected to the full force of his darkness, unless she had taken precautions, or severed the link quickly enough, this experience would not be pleasant for her at all.

Fighting through the pain in his eye whilst he was having to focus on the electrocution, he smiled through gritted teeth "You try to scare me with the memories that made me" and he laughed with a deep tone the laugh of someone who did not yet accept that he was outmatched by the two assailants. His left eye was almost completely closed now and his right arm was mostly incapacitated, he had a few more tricks. He would not go down kindly.

eJ8p3zO.png

WNx1cf7.png
// Voidwalker-Actual // 501st Legion, Black Hands //
//
Objective I : The Great Flank
// ALLIES: DECEASED Aron Gowrie DECEASED Aron Gowrie - DECEASED Erskine Barran DECEASED Erskine Barran - Alric Árheim - Ortʹtʹo Mikla Ortʹtʹo Mikla - Dante Corvus Dante Corvus - Aurelian Sigismund Aurelian Sigismund - Julian Qar Julian Qar - Aridius 'TK-1575' Aridius 'TK-1575' - Kolson Vrask Kolson Vrask - Sephi Karneh Sephi Karneh - Willan Tal Willan Tal - Shai Maji Shai Maji - Alex Eldar - Sturit Goan Sturit Goan - Nukth Kelga'an Nukth Kelga'an - Knight Knight
// ENEMIES: Brotherhood of the Maw, New Sith Order, Witches of Rhand, The Mongrel The Mongrel , Alars Keto Alars Keto , Halketh Halketh , Zachariel Steelblood Zachariel Steelblood , Khamul Kryze Khamul Kryze , Tor’r Tal’Verda Tor’r Tal’Verda
// Engaging :
// Gear : Tenebrae, Tidefall, Left-Handed Grav Glove
XIJMlne.png

W97n1D7.png

• Black Hands mount up with Captain Reed.
    • Brief reminiscing and appraisal for how far they've come since their first outing.
  • Prepare for the North-Eastern Sweeping Flank.

The sound of the AFV's could be heard from down the street, and Valaar began ushering the troops in the hallway with him out to meet them. From behind, the last squad was on their way out, bulky cradles piled up in their arms as they came down the stairs leading to the upper levels in the safehouse.

"They were upstairs?" Valaar immediately determined with a raised brow, though his featrues transformation was unseen behind the visor.

"Yes, Sir," came the confirmation.

"Distribute these to one of our troopers in each AFV. Preferably the gunners." Someone who wasn't going to be leaving the vehicle, but who knew the how the battle would play out?

Taking one of the Ysalamiri Cradles from the top of the handheld pile, he stepped out of the way nodded them along. Bringing the Cradle up and onto his back before attaching it from the front.

Shaking his head, Aemilio psychologically prepared himself for the coming journey. Betaplast fists crashing to the lefts and rights of his helmet as he regained himself. "Alright," he muttered. With no one around to hear, he pushed through the front doors of the safe house and descended down the steps to the lead AFV as it arrived.

A side slat was opened, and Aemilio quickly guessed as to what was about to happen, a flashback of Captain Reed's boisterous self dragged to the forefront of his mind. Even as his hollering assailed his ears through the helmet, 'WE GOOD TO GO, MATE?!?!?!' and Valaar nodded before waving a hand to one of the troopers further down the formation as the Black Hands once again became immersed with the Wildcats. They had not encountered each other since Korriban, before the Black Hands had even earned their name fighting the Bryn'adul.

Then, their armours had been pristine, fresh off the press, only marred by the red dust of Korriban, than by the actions of any enemy. They claimed to have hated the enemies of the Order then, but they hadn't understood. Not really. Now? After seeing comrades consumed by the earth splitting apart, friends killed by their own hand once being felled? They knew what hate for those that threatened their homes was.

"My men are handing out Ysalamari," he did not expect Reed to be familiar with the creature, but he continued all the same as if he were. "Should have enough for at least one man in every vehicle," he said, clambering in through the side door of the AFV. Ushering in some of his troopers after as he absentmindedly checked the power levels of his rifle.

<"It's done, Sir."> The voice cracked over the comm, and Aemilio nodded.

"We're good to go, Captain." Falling into the same steps as when he had been a green officer. Before he had solidified his ire for the whole of the Warlord system embedded within the Empire. His helmet shifting to Reed. He respected him. He was a good soldier, and had been quick to facilitate his plan to ascend the mountain quick when they assaulted Mongrel's Hill. Once the existence of Warlords was removed from the Empire, he knew Reed would become an ever better soldier.

He hoped the Free State Officer made it that far.

Behind his last trooper, the slide-door shut, and someone knocked on the hull, signaling their readiness, and then they were off.

'Keeps oor top-turrets attached an' gives the guest an effective spare t'use at the same time. Two-birds, an' every AFV has one noo an'aw. Kept 'em even efter IMPMAG were disbanded like ah said afore, but never once questioned since either.'
Good.

They recalled the superiority of the stormtroopers equipment.

Aemilio nodded.

"They'll do -- Say, Captain. What's the situation on the Eastern flank? My lookout saw the explosions earlier. Looked to be close to Command."

They'd find themselves arrayed against the enemy soon as the Wildcats' AFVs reoriented for their northern path. But until then, Aemilio needed as much information as he could gather before they were in the midst of the enemy again.

Mogra'teksa Mogra'teksa

Maestus Fury | Dragon Shield Talisman | Maestus Bracer Shield

She felt it. A ripple in the Force. A call to arms, or something similar. It was drenched in the Light, so it's true nature was lost to her. But the general gist, she understood.

The Imperials were rallying.

She would not allow that. Could not allow that.

She took off at a trot. Any faster would be suicide with all the debris, bodies and shelling happening all around her. She moved carefully, yet gracefully.

Until she didn't.

She was sloughing through a scattered mess of bodies, presumably all dead from the viscera and entrails strewn about. But she was wrong.

A hand held her ankle. Flesh melted away, knotty bones curled around her crimson flesh, holding tight like a vice. She hissed loudly at the impediment. Wasting no time, a wild arc of crimson flew from her fingertips to the offending bones. They exploded in a glorious burst, and she was free once more.

She took a second and surveyed the area. Not far ahead of her position, she spied a figure moving fiercely. Determined.

With belief at her back.

Maestus watched her lethan counterpart. Not necessarily her physical shell. No, she took in the essence and attitude of Mogra'teksa Mogra'teksa .

Mogs moved like a woman possessed. But possessed of what, precisely? Did it have something to do with the ripple Maestus felt? Chances are, it did. Maestus decided to find out for herself. There were many different forces at play in New Carrania today. Not all of them visible to the naked eye.

Step by step, Maestus closed the distance between Mogs and herself. With every step she took towards her target, she called the Dark Side to her. Commanded it to cede to her will.

And come the Dark Side did.it enveloped the Sith Lord, wrapping her from head to toe in Dark and ancient power. Rarely did Maestus take in so much of the Dark Side, but this day, this battle, demanded it.

When she was within a few meters of Mogs, she stopped walking, and lowered the hood of her robes. Revealing her crimson skin, adorned with elaborate black tattoos. Her descent into the Dark Side was plainly evident on her face. Fissures and cracks in her flesh belied how deep she entrenched herself in the Dark Arts. And just how intertwined she was with it.

She looked at Mogs with a gentle smile, and spoke with a velvet voice.

You fight well, young one. Your heart beats strong, for now. Tell me something. I felt a ripple in the Force mere moments ago. What do you know of it?

Last edited:

Auria Blackmoore

A

auriatemplate.gif

auriadivider1.0.gif

ALLIES: Konrad Harrsk Konrad Harrsk (if you could even call him that) | NIO
ENEMIES: BOTM
| NSO
ENGAGING: Jester
GEAR: Not a dress and even a gun

Oo~~>WONDERFUL WORLD<~~oO

It wasn't pretty.

She had expected resistance, but received none, which made alarm bells ring in her head. But she pushed on, attempting to brace her own mind against the unknown.

Gritting her teeth against the assault of dark memories while her query was being held captive by Konrad's grappling hook, she sieved through them. And what memories they were.

Not a single piece of light to hold onto.

A cold spread through her as she grabbed onto one...

....his hanging.

"You try to scare me with the memories that made me"
Goosebumps erupted on her arms and shivers wracked through her body, but with some effort she yanked it to the front. And then she inserted the illusion.

The sentence ringing out through the chamber.

"Hanged from the neck until dead!"

The crowds gathering at dusk to watch him die as he was walked to the gallows. The anger within him as he looked down at them while the noose was tightened around his neck.

The illusion Auria tried to instill would be in what followed next. She would project what would be perceived buried emotions - crippling loss and loneliness that would attempt to gnaw away at the anger and hatred. And that would be where she would freeze it as the latch dropped.

But the cost of it was high.

Something in her own psyche was tainted with Darkness and hatred as she stumbled back, body shaking and teeth chattering from fear, shock and cold.
"K-Konrad, now's your ch-chance." she shivered out as her breath fogged up her helmet as it visibly left her cold body.

The systems in the light armour did their utmost best to hike up her thermals as she leaned against a wall. She had no idea if the illusion had the desired effect, but hopefully the assassin would be capitalise on the moment anyway. She just tried to stay awake through the cold spreading through her body.

The sheer hatred and Darkness had taken its toll on her neutral being.

The fire nearly doused by the cold Chaos.

auriadivider1.0.gif

3jdBPbA.png

N O V A
TASK FORCE TRACHTA
1st GROUP | 'VANDAL' SQUAD
Equipment listed in char. bio.

N5cG5gd.png

MOSHED-2021-10-14-16-57-44.gif

STAND & DELIVER

"What they did to me was to make me strong, to end my life as a victim and grant me rebirth as a predator. If only you had been so fortunate, hm? A shame."

"What, they killed your family, they crushed your humanity, and they turned you into a freakshow?" She spat back, scrambling mad to reposition herself more optimally with the surge of white-hot chemicals burning her veins, "You misunderstand, I don't pity you, if anything I look at you and understand why it is people like me have to fight even harder." Focus became her, batting aside the trickling streams of memories and the regrets threatening her composure. Mongrel went down, cut down to a more manageable size, and that was enough to stoke the fires of her determination further. She had never taken pleasure in the carnage, the killing, such psychopathic tendencies are not why she enlisted and given herself, body and mind, to the Order. She had never wanted to scratch tallies for the lives she had taken onto her helmet as others did. She did not want to cut her teeth in bloody, desperate knife fights in the backlines, she never wanted that recognition or fame.

Her reasons for enlistment and delve into the bone-crushing pipeline of the Storm Commandos was for one very mediocre cause, so she had been told. She wasn't a killer, she was a protector. A defender. A barrier to shield brothers and sisters in arms from harm. Her breaths leveled out, the burning air pulled and pushed from her aching lungs with greater control, granting her a moment of clarity to assess the situation. Three shots left for him. One for herself. Worst came to it, she could plunge the knife she clutched through the eye she had left. It was an easy theory, of course, but whether she possessed the mettle to see it through to completion, she hoped she wouldn't have to find out. The whirring of mechanization caught her ear, prompting the turn of her head, just in time to see a very distinctive shape emerge from the limb he afforded in her direction.

'You've got to be shitting me!' she slammed herself to the earth, rolling hastily behind a desiccated section of the building on the left of the alleyway. Limbs tucked into her body tightly, trapped like a knight taking cover from a dragon's breath. The heat singed the wild ends of her dark hair, it lapped her bare skin, provoking a whole new wave of sweat to break through and rush from her pores. Burns formed on the exteriors of her arms, Nova unable to tuck herself in tightly enough to ensure she was entirely uninjured- but she would treat him to howls of pain no more this day, her deadened nerves made sure of that. Thinking quickly, she glimpsed the crumpled vambrace on her right arm, eyeing the housing of her
wrist rockets. It was a gamble to fire one off with the way the structured support had been damaged, and she lacked the vital time needed to properly assess the risk. With a little luck, something she was sure she was out of for the day, the propulsion casing would be unclogged enough for the rocket to actually fire forth, ejecting before it detonated. She sheathed her knife and holstered her pistol decisively.

The commando pushed sharp, steep breaths from her body and rallied herself with a shout, throwing her weight forward to cast away from her cover and boldly run a few meters forward. She twisted quickly, emerald eye sweeping along the side of the building. Too much of the structure remained for her to rely on causing a collapse to bury her opponent with just one of the small rockets. Without her integrated HUD, she could not lock onto him, though his state of hindered mobility would play to her advantage, as she was forced to aim manually. The commando leveled her arm in his direction and flexed her thumb into the trigger mechanism of her launcher.

HISSSSSS. CLICK. CLICK.

Nothing. She blinked, glimpsing down at the vambrace. The circuit had been opened, the trigger mechanism was dead. She was barely out of the flames' range, the heat licked at her face, the flames dancing in the lone eye she fixed on her titanic opponent. Fine, if she couldn't launch the rocket toward him, she would just have to throw it at him. She was unsure just how hot the fire he threw at her was, but she didn't need to know exactly. The payload packed into the head of her rockets was baradium; any exposure to fire at all should trigger an explosion. Hastily, she pinched the protruding head of the rocket between two fingers, struggling with her weakening grip. 'Hurry hurry hurry, c'mon, on the fly-' the woman loosened the casing just enough, a sliver, that's all that was needed. The same hand stripped the armor from her arm and cocked back.

The commando gathered all her eggs in a single basket and lobbed that basket toward him, hurling her vambrace with a high arc over the font of fire. Had her calculations been correct, the now highly volatile explosive would plunge through the open fire a few meters away from The Mongrel The Mongrel outright. She threw herself back to the ground, diving away, and shielded her exposed head with her arms.

ALLIES | NIO | Kolson Vrask Kolson Vrask Raus Garrat Aemilio Valaar Aemilio Valaar DECEASED Erskine Barran DECEASED Erskine Barran Ortʹtʹo Mikla Ortʹtʹo Mikla Alex Eldar Shai Maji Shai Maji Keilara Kala'myr Keilara Kala'myr Errant Errant @IMMOGS
FOES | BOTM | The Mongrel The Mongrel Tor’r Tal’Verda Tor’r Tal’Verda Zachariel Steelblood Zachariel Steelblood @IMCAELITUS

Last edited:

TeA5Hvw.png

M O G R A ' T E K S A
IMPERIAL KNIGHT
Armor | Lightsaber | The Twins
// Maestus Maestus \\

TOGETHER WE STAND | Rurik Fel Rurik Fel Errant Errant Ragnar Bloodfist Ragnar Bloodfist Khroraic
Saaveina Saaveina Ignatius Ignatius Waymar Geyer Lucien Dooku Lucien Dooku

N5cG5gd.png

MOSHED-2021-10-20-23-12-46.jpg

SHE'S A MANIAC
The lethan carved her path through the horde, chunking through the chaos with every stalwart swipe of her thrumming blade. Glowing, silvered eyes turned starkly from one foe to the next, the twi'lek a fox in a henhouse, where before she felt like a child lost in a riot. Their strength united, she grasped the power within herself, a conduit manifesting the very power of what it was to be an Imperial Knight. Another helmeted head thudded to the ground. An arm flew over her shoulder. Legs were carved out from beneath their bearers. She pressed the assault relentlessly, her form growing wilder, opening a path for the soldiers she had taken refuge with to follow, their push slowly closing them upon the collection of stormtroopers who had been cut off from reinforcements.

The Sidewinder danced through the rioting masses, claws and blaster fire both ripping at her armor, the plate tanking it such she barely felt it. Blows scored into her skin would be felt later, long after this battle trance had ended, when the bruises would be discovered. For the time, however, she felt nothing, the aches, and pains banished from her mind with the synchronicity with her fellows. And with them, went the exhaustion she should have felt from fighting in the melee for so long. Arms crossed over her chest, the air around her crackling with an insidious pulse, and with the abrupt shatter of her own cohesive focus, fragments of superheated energy burst from her huddled frame. Energy bathed the undead horde surrounding her, the throng attempting to overwhelm and bury her beneath their sheer volume.

The kinetic force launched them back, flinging them high over their own comrades, and forced the others to stagger and stumble after footing she had forcefully taken from them. In her moonlit dance, a sliver of Darkness manifested, approaching her. She sensed the dreadful presence, its sickening aura carrying the weight of misguided conviction. Of madness. Of evil intention. Mogs twisted her head, Light illuminating the visor of her helmet, and searched for the source.

She did not have to scout for long.

You fight well, young one. Your heart beats strong, for now. Tell me something. I felt a ripple in the Force mere moments ago. What do you know of it?

Another twi'lek, a lethan like herself. The Imperial Knight righted her posture, squaring her hips in the Sith Lord's direction, and reversed her grip to a defensive position. Her careful study played in mere seconds, the former go-go dancer sizing up her opponent to determine the best course of action. And where she would have minced words, entertaining the woman as she was wont to do, she spoke as only the extension of the Iron Imperator's invoked wrath, her words echoing from between her tattooed lips with the conviction of the heavens:

"You would never understand such unity, Sith. Face our judgment!"

Mogra'teksa charged, her freehand lashing forth to usher a blinding flash of Light from the palm outstretched, with the intent to daze Maestus Maestus before her lightsaber was cast forth, angled properly for a cleave from hip to shoulder.

Last edited:

FOURTH POST
THE_TUATH
WILDCAT BATTALION

5FAuOPz.png

OBJECTIVE 1: GROUND ZERO

nRC4pby.png

Willan Tal Willan Tal Shai Maji Shai Maji Alex Eldar Sturit Goan Sturit Goan Gabriel Taggart Gabriel Taggart

BOTM: The Mongrel The Mongrel
Zachariel Steelblood Zachariel Steelblood Alars Keto Alars Keto
Tor'r Tal'Verda Tor'r Tal'Verda Maestus Maestus
Khamul Kryze Khamul Kryze

ARON'S LOADOUT
OFFICER-ISSUE DISRUPTOR PISTOL
VIBROSWORD CAVALRY-SABRE

uCT7JTr.png

uCT7JTr.png

TUATHA'S WRATH: NEW SWORD, NEW MAN - PART 5
pLcgY1c.jpg
NORTH PELLAEON DISTRICT,

'They'll do -- Say, Captain. What's the situation on the Eastern flank? My lookout saw the explosions earlier. Looked to be close to Command.'

'Eeeeerrrr... Actually - ah don't know, man.', Reed replied, somewhat surprised at himself for not having kept a closer eye on the AFVs map-holographic plinth for a better view of the ground they'd be fighting their way through. After this realisation, Alun silently beckoned Aemilio to the built-in navigation table, switching the display on again as they both settled into their window-side seats at either side of it, then moving the myriad-blip display closer to Saffia District to get a better idea of what might have caused such noticeable impacts. From there, it didn't take long for the flanking group-leaders to take note of the last Fortan ships flying out of detectable range, along with the south-east arcing trail of destruction Lady Fiolette's TIE-bombers, giving Captain Reed all the justification he needed to encourage Lieutenant Valaar to stay the original course, exclaiming,'Looks like we've got the northern battlefront to ourselves, with nobody anywhere near us getting in the way now! Lets go for it! Mow everything down while we make our way to the Saffia coastline!', whilst standing to pull out a little hipflask to drink in anticipatory celebration.

<"Scott to Wildcat Two! Undead tailing the back of the column - a gathering for sure, but nothing exciting. Should we respond or build up a swathe t'cut through?">

<"Reed to Guardian One! We'll go for the latter this time, I think it feels more pertinent at the moment than it does when we reach the coast anyway. Just be sure we're no risking oor momentum when the swathe starts t'swell oot a bit, aw'right?">

<Copy that, Reed. And if it puts your mind at ease, even if only a little bit, latter choice means regular Sit-Reps until the crowd is just the right size for some incendiary treatment. Still working on that though, so more on that later. Just stay close to your comm-device please, we'll want to act quick once the herd swells to a certain extent. Speak soon in any case. Guardian One out!">

'Tasty! Looks like everybody wants the mayhem the-day! Best scraps are these biht! Every time, Valaar. Every single time - without fail!'

'AAAAHAHAHAHAHA! AYE, THAT'S THE WAN, SIR!!!! AH'LL TAKE THIS O'ER PAID-LEAVE - "EVERY SINGLE TIME!!!!", LIKE YE SAY!!!!', Reed's driver roared out in raucous mirth, turning around in his seat to make eye-contact with Valaar as the AFV formation steadily began to tighten all around them. Simmering down for the Lieutenant's sake, the driver continued,'Pleasure t'meet ye, sir. I guess I should be the first t'tell you that the entire crew of AFV One are Woad-born rogues from Milton, just like the scar-faced Captain here.... An' bein' honest, I'm the one who cut his face, way back when though.', making his point that despite rivalries, and deep-set mutual disdain, transcendently-collaborative endeavours in the right settings could be achieved with the right motivation. Seeing the raised eyebrow, the driver turned round to laugh again without sending the AFV careening into the vehicle next to it, but relented enough to say,'Aye, but sir! Haud the monorail! Ah did it in retaliation, he stabbed me first! An we've made amends since an'aw, so nae worries o' gang violence flarin' up in the field decades later - pinky promise!', in an overall amiable retelling of their past.

'This, Valaar, is none other than Corporal Damien Muir. Absolute madman, an' I only found he was serving in Blue-Heart Brigade a few weeks ago - insta-poach, mate. Absolute insta-poach, right down to the magazine-loader.... The sort we'll be needin' for the rest o' the war.'

'Aye, we'll just have to see about-CHIT, INCOMING FIRE FROM THE SOUTH!!!!!', Muir replied, forced to warn everyone of the impending onslaught mid-sentence as soon as he saw several large muzzle-flashes coming from the southern battlefront, understanding immediately that this barrage was being shot by the same large contingent they allowed to fall into the Lord-General's narrow trap. The Beskar/Durasteel mesh would be put to the test, but not for long, as Lord Aron's own eastward push would find themselves driving up to take the rest of Steelblood's hard-hitting flak, giving the AFVs at least some breathing-space as a result, just enough for the last surviving stragglers to pass out of the Mawite's far-reaching arc of fire. With the metallic rattling of automatic slug-fire and the wide-distributed disruptor thumps, dents would also be left in the thick armour plating of the Scout-AFVs hulls, followed by incendiary detonations that forced the vehicles at the back of the column to halt through burns and explosions alone, rolling to saddening halts with the crews inside all dead or writhing around in agony.

'Lord-Colonel's problem noo, Muir. Jus' keep us moving for all oor sakes! We're only five miles awa' fi Mawite Ground-Zero anyways, so keep yer wits about ye an'aw.... Wouldn't want to be the one t'agitate Torayga's mob, same should go for you, seh'nn!'

5FAuOPz.png

TUATHA'S WRATH: NEW SWORD, NEW MAN - PART 6
sXt6LVp.jpg
NORTH PELLAEON DISTRICT,

'Colonel, combined Imperial forces are tanking heavy fire to our East from renewed Mawite forces coming from the North, Sir. Can uh.....these things go any faster? Respectfully, Sir.'

Taking enemy fire on all sides, Gowrie's XT-62s were most certainly in something of a bind, and even more so if they were to stop their advance in the process, one such sentiment shared by both Mandalorian coordinators, especially Eldar; heard cussing in response to the slow gains made since they pushed off the defensive lines back in Pellaeon District, and her vocalisations (though unwarranted) were no doubt just manifestations of the exact same thoughts that plagued the minds of the Tuaths in these moments. Even as they picked their targets and returned fire accordingly, the slow progress was certainly telling of how near they had drawn to the hardest of the fighting in the south, though there was absolutely no avoiding it for such a heavy-rolling, well-protected moving contingent; and though they were still moving along and gaining shorter bursts of momentum that they could still make use of, it wouldn't take very long for them to realise that it would all come to a screeching halt as soon as they crossed into the sights of Steelblood's north-facing static-line.

'Well, hate to be the bearer of bad news but - looks like we've got bigger fish t'fry now.... See for yourself, only thing we've got going for us here is the fact our immediate threats are steadily choosing the Valaar-led bait instead. They only want the threats, an' as much as I want to say that we are, as soon as we turn t'face the threat bearing north on us from the south - we certainly won't be, not t'the Mawite relief-force anyways.'

Under a hail of suppressing fire, the center of the armoured column ordered a general halt from the front to the vehicles at the back, turning all turrets southwards and loading up on armour-piercing shells, biting down with every ounce of jaw-strength they had in anticipation of the expected struggle for firepower-supremacy. As he grabbed up the receiver from AFV-One's allocated comm-link unit, Lord Aron growled,'Hold onto something, folks! Whatever we were getting hit with before is going to pale in comparison, this I can guarantee!', bracing for impact as he waited patiently to give the return-fire order at the right moment. Then, as all mayhem ensued across the newly-established front rank of what had been a roving column just moments before, the slow-turning turrets finally rotated around to face the forces covering Steelblood's rear and right flanks, awaiting the final word as shells, disruptor trails, automatic slug-fire and other heavy-hitting projectiles rained down around them.

'Ho - ly chit, they're throwing everything and the kitchen-sink at us! Not bad, but not enough!'

<"All Cataphra- chit, man! All - Cataphracts, this is Gowrie! WEAPONS FREE, SUSTAINED BARRAGE - FIRE, FIRE, FIRE!!!">

There would be no orders to adjust sights, to judge distance or to ready particular shells, everyone knew exactly what it was that they needed to do in order to survive such a wild exchange of firepower; their enemies were well within effective range, just as the Wildcats knew they were well within effective range of Steelblood's rear-guard, so all semblance of fancy smoothbore-sniping would be going right out the window from the moment the first tank-shell had been sent whistling into their intended targets. Then, as soon as the recognisable succession of crashing thuds reached Gowrie's ears, the Lord-Colonel knew the fight was well and truly underway, chuckling as the tank's hull pulsated, shuddered and shook around them like it was little more than a high-budget entertainment thrill. Turning to meet the gaze of the Mandalorians, Lord Aron smiled warmly, but his eyes showed a determined wildness as he yelled,'HOPE YOUR SUBORDINATES ARE READY FOR OUT-FLANKING THESE KARKERS!!!! AS SOON AS WE START CREEPIN' FORWARD - ITS GAME ON FOR 16TH COMPANY!!!!', over the deafening cacophony that continued to crescendo around them.

<"ALL DRIVERS, THIS IS GOWRIE!!!! LOCK STEERING-WHEELS TO THE RIGHT, RESTART YOUR ENGINES AN' AWAIT FURTHER ORDERS!!!! WILDCAT ONE OUT">

Last edited:

CbnDY0yMScVicbF9ZEWNajUzOyRucclp2uVi6xffXu2Ox5Ktr8cRtqWZlg3E4WnYBQap84gFxIsODHotdypubx9fFRs9EzuyiTKf7miUcKFP3Q_OqFhof6kWa8dOasqpruTXo8xP=s0
Nirauan

l2-P7Sku_nq1arZyIn63dvkHSqGrDlOvHpDiNyFHDsxTAAqE1FOxPAkriy9It1_gGfevcqitkPufSOfg0Qcc-BZXFTIHNPvsLWOi9k_ee9VmeGYFsD9m0EpM0GYkAERkoFieAZXy=s0

Objective: Complete Espionage. Surveil Hand of Thrawn Library.

Genius is one percent inspiration and ninety-nine percent perspiration.

Crash.

BOOM

Zori's green eyes darted left to right as blaster fire erupted above him on the rooftop, his droidekas engaging a patrol that had spotted them. Explosions rocked the glass, his feet hitting the top inner floor of the library before glass shards of the skylight erupted around him and clattered to the floor. He checked the energy cartridge on his blaster rifle before lightly touching his comm with the ease of old man readily embracing death.

The Libary was compromised,

and a Scientist with a record

of felony tax evasion

just delivered himself to the viper's nest.

BOSS LEVEL MUSIC: LIBRARY INQUISITOR

"Hall Alpha H, second floor, third rack." Zori yelled into his comm.
Zori launched yet another two probes into the air as he took into full sprint down the hallway, injecting his first flow of stem into his neck and gaining a burst of speed. There was no time to take in the awe of the Imperial Library - but if he had, this was a researcher's dream. Thousands of rows, books both physically and holodigitally manifested and represented. The light blue hum of a wealth of information, the true might of Imperial dominion, the light pollution was just shy enough to prevent overwhelming one's eyes as it illuminated the halls. Most of this could be compressed, sure. Fit into the mind of a large A.I. interface, or a databank. But no, the Imperials were always concerned with the aesthetic of presentation. How one felt when immersed in such delightful visual representatives.

It went a long way.

Blaster fired erupted two rows over, but not aimed at him. It seems some of his droid cadre had made its way into the building from the rooftop - good, hopefully they won the opening battle. If they did, Zori doubted they'd be winning many more until the Brotherhood took the planet. Such a monumental force that led to two planetary coalitions clashing all so the Scientist Kapshan could afford to not only NOT pay his taxes, but also eventually come back here and help steal a book that he himself contributed to. Exactly what book that was, Zori would hope the Imperials could never guess - it was the only copy he knew of, a physical copy, such a thing that was so simple to evade digitizing. Still, it was possible they had done so.

It was even possible they knew he'd seek this opportunity to come and retrieve it.

Depends on if they read it or not. If they had, they'd realize the the formulation, the theories, the hypotheses contained within all pointed in a singular direction - the analysis of Psychohistory and it's fundamental applications. The ability to predict the future was long contemplated even out of the reach of the galaxy's most advanced A.I.'s, and only thought possible by through the Force - you know, space wizards. But Zori and the other Moffs had pursued several resources to spit in the face of such a dominion - and near the top of that list had been Psychohistory. The mathematical calculation of what and could happen to large societies in the Galaxy.

The Book was named The Radiant Theory.

And it was two rooms away at this point,

so close the mad scientist could practically taste it.

Ziare Dyarron
COMPNOR (ISB) Junior Agent, Nite agent
Objective II: Hand of Thrawn
Equipment: FS-18-UP2 Omega Phase Assault Rifle | 2x PV-16 "Sunfury" Pulse Pistol | Druetium Armour | Viper Mk. I Skinsuit | 2x Vibrodagger || Stealth field generator || OPBC-01m
Allies: Ragnar Bloodfist Ragnar Bloodfist | Djorn Bline Djorn Bline | Khroraic | Saaveina Saaveina | Noel Strasza Noel Strasza | Rurik Fel Rurik Fel
Enemies: Tegan Starfall Tegan Starfall | Darth Solipsis Darth Solipsis | Kyrel Ren Kyrel Ren | Jin Kyrel Jin Kyrel | Darth Mori | Lord Letifer Lord Letifer
mubNJ7l.png
[ Planet Hell ]
"Galactic Basic" | ~"Telepathic" communication ~ | << comm. channel >>

lYfhMT0.png
One thing was for sure, we weren’t in deep enough because the next moment I felt the building shake. I was an insurgent long enough to recognize these sounds. Fighters bombed the place or just fired it with cannons and tanks. I don’t even know either was just the best option. For one thing, I was sure I didn’t want the building to explode in horror or bury it under itself when it crashes.

The turbolift! I went to the door and knelt down, looking out with my gun. In fact, this was not really necessary either, because the voices of those approaching betrayed that two people were approaching. MANIAC confirmed all this, living Maw soldiers. I could see them with my eyes too, but they hadn’t noticed yet. So I retreated to the room. The dead soldier's body was too close, the door didn't close. A soft click as I switched the gun to shotgun mode.

~ MANIAC, from the local network, collects everything about the complex, especially the maps that interest me. And if you can, join the cameras too. I want to know what we’re facing and how I can get out of here. Alive! ~ I said to him in thought.

And the two Mawites approached; I heard that they had noticed the dead soldier, which made them more cautious. They didn’t really talk to each other, but their armour didn’t really make the quiet stealth fit. A few more steps and they arrive at the body. Once that was done, the first one finally came into my sight. I uttered a soft random word to draw their attention to myself.

It worked, they both froze and looked up at me. They didn’t have much of a chance; I reacted much faster than they did. And from such a distance it is impossible to miss the targets. I shot the head of the first, the chest of the second. Both died, the murmur of the shot echoing down the hall for a few more moments. I turned to the elevators, no further reinforcements came, and even the assassin had no sign.

And yet, I jumped in fright when I heard MANIAC’s voice the next moment.

~ The connection to the network has been made, the requested data is being saved! ~ he said.

UaaFcjP.png

54MNAtl.gif

WOKEN FURIES
BORN TO RULE vol. I
Issue #5 w/
Auria Blackmoore & Jester
RP8v3dL.png

paranoid
Teeth grind teeth, sweat rolls down his domino mask as the behemoth remains hardly hindered by the electrocution surging through the grappling hook. This man could walk through a raging band of wookies unscathed. For a moment, he sees the marauder seemingly stunned, not by the high voltage but by whatever magic Konrad's companion was conjuring.

"K-Konrad, now's your ch-chance." she shivered out as her breath fogged up her helmet as it visibly left her cold body.

This is it. His hand tightens around his blade and his feet are about to burst forward for the kill when blaring red flashes at the corner of his HUD. Auria's life indicators were going cold blue.

"Weak." he murmurs in frustration. Whatever invisible wizardry the Mawite and witch her hurling at each other was taking its toll on the woman more than the raider.

He clenches his jaw until his gums bleed as the dilemma settles heftily on his shoulders. All his life he'd been taught that those around him are expendables when it came down to fulfilling his purpose, his mission. On Lao-Mon, Konrad had nearly killed his companions in his pursuit to capture and end the Brotherhood's Taskmsater Tu'teggacha Tu'teggacha and now... he should've done the same.

Should've.

"Aargh! Damn you, woman, and your fickle nature." he growls, snapping off the grappling hook. In one swift motion the assassin's blade is sheathed and smoke pellets deployed to cover their exit. In a stride, Konrad's back to where Auria is, picking her up and lunging through a large window into a graceful landing befit his training. "Should've let that blasted rancor eat you."

His hand reaches for his utility belt, producing a syringe of bacta-adrenal mix and injects it straight into her thigh.

"Come on, get up before that freak gets over here."

Stupid witch.

Allies: Zachariel Steelblood Zachariel Steelblood | Halketh Halketh | Tor’r Tal’Verda Tor’r Tal’Verda | Maestus Maestus | Khamul Kryze Khamul Kryze | Alars Keto Alars Keto
Foes: DECEASED Erskine Barran DECEASED Erskine Barran | Kolson Vrask Kolson Vrask | Ortʹtʹo Mikla Ortʹtʹo Mikla | Aemilio Valaar Aemilio Valaar | Alric Árheim | Sephi Karneh Sephi Karneh
Nukth Kelga'an Nukth Kelga'an | Mogra'teksa Mogra'teksa | Aurelian Sigismund Aurelian Sigismund | Willan Tal Willan Tal | Sturit Goan Sturit Goan | DK-03
Raus Garrat | DECEASED Aron Gowrie DECEASED Aron Gowrie | Errant Errant | Gabriel Taggart Gabriel Taggart | Shai Maji Shai Maji | Alex Eldar | Alora Vizsla
Knight Knight | Asa Yubari | Dante Corvus Dante Corvus | Fiolette Fortan | Julian Qar Julian Qar

7HruyqI.png

• The Mongrel is struck by Sephi's thrown rocket
    • He is significantly damaged and knocked down
  • Largely immobilized, he begins to spray the alley with micro-grenades
    • He's not sure where she went when he fell, so he fires at random
  • The remaining marauders charge the breach in Fort Imperium's walls defended by DECEASED Erskine Barran DECEASED Erskine Barran
  • The surviving LuchsHai street artillery targets the high rises flanking the killing ground near the breach

It was the little trooper who could not understand, of course. She could not comprehend, or was not willing to admit, the only truth in this corrupt and decaying galaxy: the cycle of War, Death, and Rebirth ruled all, and you could either embrace it or be crushed beneath it. The current age, the age of Jedi and Sith and Empires and Republics that had begun thirty thousand years ago, had been unnaturally prolonged by those who sought to deny the natural process of renewal... but no one could defy the gods forever. The Maw would ensure it.

Everything would burn, and the galaxy would start fresh.

This poor little soldier did not even realize that her little "protect and serve" doctrine did nothing but stand in the way of progress... and did so without hope or meaning. She was like a rodent standing in front of a bulldozer, holding up a little paw in a vain attempt to stop it from paving over her burrow. The driver would not even notice she had been there when he was done plowing over everything she had ever known, and she would never have been able to recognize that what he was building was better anyway, a palace instead of a filthy little warren.

There was no use in trying to explain that, of course. The Mongrel himself had only learned to accept it through pain and helplessness, when the Taskmaster had brutally stripped away his illusions and forced him to confront the cold truth of the galaxy. And the little trooper, despite her wounds, was far from helpless. She had proven that already. And though she fought for a meaningless cause that would bring her no reward, he could respect her determination to die a warrior's death, to die standing rather than on her knees. He could grant that.

The trooper managed to dive away from the gout of flame streaming from his arm, pushing her wounded body through the motion of a tight roll just before she would have been utterly consumed by fire. The Mongrel suspected he'd still caught her with at least some of the blast, but she did not cry out. She was strong, or perhaps simply too far gone to even feel the agony of charred flesh. "Come now," The Mongrel said, stalking toward her improvised cover, "no more hiding. We both know how this ends. Face it bravely, little soldier."

"Or do you regret refusing my mercy?"
he sneered.

It took him a while to reach her; his left leg, the knee badly damaged by that pistol of hers, dragged with each step, like the rotting limb of some holovid zombie. He would have to deal with that when she was dead, to find some way to effect field repairs, or he would be near useless in the wider battle. Already his mind drifted to how he would achieve the maintenance, for he was certain this little skirmish was all but over. Sephi, however, continued to find ways to surprise him. This one was particularly bizarre: she threw her vambrace at him.

"Oh, please," The Mongrel chuckled. "What is that meant to-"

Boom. The wrist rocket's exposed baradium struck superheated air and exploded, releasing a shockwave of heat and pressure that threw his titanic body back. The warlord felt his chassis deform, his chest denting inward as the outer layers of armor turned orange-hot and ran down his front in long streaks of molten durasteel. His head snapped back, the synthflesh of his "face" torn by an errant piece of shrapnel, exposing the armature beneath. He tried to rock back several steps, keeping his feet, but his damaged leg twisted beneath him.

The Mongrel went down hard, landing on his back in the alley.

Yes, this little commando reminded him so very much of himself, back when he had begun. The warlord flashed back to Batuu, when he had been nothing but a lone slave-soldier on the streets of Black Spire Outpost, standing against a Force-warrior and his crimson blade. He had fought desperately just to survive and escape, crawling under market stalls and setting them ablaze to hold his opponent at bay. He'd taken his first scar that day, a saber wound to the leg that he'd carried for years... until another saber had taken both legs off entirely.

Times changed. Now he played the monster, and she the lone soldier.

If she somehow survived all this, he wondered, would she eventually become as he was? Was this the inevitable path of non-Jedi warriors, to accumulate scars and maimings across battle after battle, until nothing was left of the people they'd once been? The Mongrel pushed the philosophical musings aside; he would find no answers today, and every moment he failed to rise and act was a moment Sephi could use against him. Rolling over to his dented, half-melted stomach, he pushed himself up, shrapnel-flecked arms straining.

The synthflesh of his shredded cheek flapped eerily in the breeze.

Where might she have scrambled in that moment of distraction? In the rubble-strewn alley, beneath a sky turned crimson by flames and laserfire, there were countless places to hide. "Clever girl," he spat, his artificial lips dribbling black lubricant rather than blood. "But too little, too late." She liked explosives, did she? He would show her explosives. His other palm slid open, revealing the barrel of a micro-grenade launcher... and he began to fire it at random across the alleyway. He didn't have to find her if he blew her to pieces.

Boom. Boom. Boom. A dozen little explosions, a dozen more on the way.

---------------------------------------
Far southwest of the ongoing duel, the scattered LuchsHai technicals finally managed to achieve their goal: a breach in the walls of Fort Imperium. Across the outskirts of the Myrmidon Quarter, a ragged cheer went up from the remaining Mawite forces. There were far more zombies, the sinister undead of Darth Caelitus's creation, than living warriors of the Brotherhood at this point, the brutal attrition of aerial bombings and artillery bombardment and fierce NIO resistance in the streets grinding them down to half their starting numbers.

Perhaps less. Countless martyrs had gone bloody-handed to paradise.

But the terrible losses the Brotherhood had sustained did not dim the savage enthusiasm of those marauders who remained alive. They had been warned that they were dropping into the very jaws of death, into a fortress-city held by perhaps their most dangerous foes, and that most of them would not survive to see another dawn. But there would be glory unending for all who partook in the assault, whether they survived and told the tale or passed on to meet the Avatars with their heads held high... so the Brotherhood of the Maw knew no fear.

The breach was not in a good position for the attackers. It would require them to cross a vast expanse of open ground, bare duracrete with no cover to speak of. High rise buildings towered over the area, buildings that would no doubt allow the NIO to form a killing field on three sides, flanking the charging force and firing at them head-on from the fort's walls and the breach itself. With their diminished strength, even with the Perished rising from both their own fallen forces and the enemy dead, they might be bled away before they entered the fort.

But there was little choice in the matter. They could stay where they were, skirmishing in the streets, and find themselves ground to dust over the next several hours... or they could risk it all in a glorious charge, one that would either break the NIO defenses and deliver them control of the city's strongest defensive point - or usher them all to paradise on a crimson wind. To a Mawite, that was no choice at all. "Blood for the Dark Three! War! Death! Rebirth!" With that thunderous cry, the bloodied but unbroken tribes charged.

In the flickering firelight, the savage horde fearlessly crossed the open plaza, a howling mass of savage fanaticism.

For their part, the remaining LuchsHai street artillery targeted their Mongrel's Howl rockets at the high rise buildings flanking the killing ground. If they could damage or destroy those buildings, they could greatly lessen the pressure DECEASED Erskine Barran DECEASED Erskine Barran 's men could put on the charging Mawites. Of course, the artillery was known more for mobility and range than for accuracy. There was a very real risk that rubble - or the mis-targeted rockets themselves - could hit the charging horde as well... but it was a risk the drivers were willing to take.

They needed some advantage. Either this, or Alars Keto Alars Keto 's master plan...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom