Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WHY DONT JEDI ACT LIKE JEDI HERE???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Break, I don't understand what you're saying in the title when you say the word "here". Have you ever been on any other SW boards?

I'm not disagreeing with most of what you're saying, but it's way worse on other boards i've been on.

Everyone wants to be the good guy that gets all the good guy praise, but yet also get the bad guy toys and the girls. This board has more mature writers per square megabyte than the other boards though. It's much reduced here.

@[member="Jonathon Patches"] I think a well written jedi would be like i said the classic jedi. Obi wan was a good character Mace windu? how about Yoda? maybe Ashoka? they arent emotionless. they have conflict. and i think it would cut down on the WHOLE OVERPOPULATION OF FORCE USERS if you had to follow this code. and again im not telling you how do press a key its merely my opinion and my view. i like this site and everyone on it i just dont like seeing people using a superman character to do a Joker role

Equa, a Jedi character of mine, thinks emotions lead to Absolute Chaos and only Inner Peace, also known as emotionless life, eliminates all wars. I'd consider it quite similar to the Jedi Code. Of course I have another Jedi, but I haven't developed her that far yet.

It's really quite hilarious, the Jedi saying they are based off of Luke Skywalkers Jedi Order yet they through away one of their strongest traits, that being that force powers were not seen as evil or good. Just how you use it, which is more than likely true.
Jedi on here are so two faced.
Well, some of you at least

People should just watch the entire Star Wars movie series.

Then some Clone Wars episodes.

Then come back to this discussion and have a good laugh.

One might find the Jedi to be quite varied.

One might also find the Jedi to have many different types of personality.

But one might find that all Jedi have one common thread - to rid the galaxy of evil while not becoming evil themselves.

Such is the case where Jedi live in a time of war - like SWRP.

Such is the case in the movies.

One only sees the extremely orthodox and peaceful Old Jedi Order in the movies at the end of its era - and really it's only in Episode I and the early half of Episode II.

Everything else, one will see a Jedi Order in the midst of war - and it usually does not shy away from it if it's for the good of the galaxy.

Many of the Jedi Order never fight. Their skills are in something else.

Yet it's more fun to write a warrior.

Doesn't mean the healers and archivists are in the background.

And it doesn't mean the warriors have lost touch of what it is to be a Jedi.

Sure, a few Jedi will be silly. But that's fine, every Writer has a period of being silly.

But for the most part, it seems alright. People are having fun.

Break said:
WHAT THE FRAGG?? None of them act like actual jedi! Lust, Passion, Hatred, Love, all of them arent allowed in the jedi code
Uhh, the whole relationships and marriage thing isn't in the Jedi Code. You're thinking Old Republic code.

I follow some of the old tenants, but not all. I karked Tyrin's apprentice throughout a healthy long relationship, I don't hate because... Well, shart, Jedi aren't supposed to hate. I'm passionate, but usually only when it concerns my job, because I'm basically married to my job.

Anything else?

PS: Who the hell are you?

@[member="Break"]

I've just seen that I've been mentioned through my thread.

Okay so yes, I made the decision to burn the village, and as this was also mentioned, Rakghouls had reached the village and infected a few of the people. I made the decision for them, they died yes, but would it have been better to let them live, infected, twisted and not themselves at all. They would have become mindless beings who would have brought another Taris into the galaxy. I ask you would you prefer to live although have no control over what you do, murder other innocent beings, or have died before this infection took you over? They died as themselves, not something they were not.

Being a Jedi, you aren't able to save every life in the galaxy. There is always death present. As a Jedi we aim to protect the innocent, but when their lives are risked, we act in their benefit. A small village was destroyed to protect the rest of the planet. In my position what would you have done???

I understand where you are coming from, yes what I did was horrible. Rasu will grieve for what she has done. She will never forget this, think about the lives that she ordered to die. She will regret what she had to do to save majority of the planet's inhabitants.

Don't use one sole Jedi's actions as a portrayal of the entire Jedi Order and every Jedi on this board.

Just my three cents worth.

@[member="Cira"]

At the time I did not think of this, and would not have realised that this existed.
Otherwise why would he have attempted to release all of them, if one existed that could cure them all just like that.

What's done is done, and now I feel horrible that the Jedi Order is on the chopping block because of my actions.

Given the context of the code, it's easy to believe that the Jedi are "out of control", if you will. I think it would be expected, given the new age and times, for the Jedi to have adapted/changed over time. It does seem important to not try and harbor to specific emotions on a consistent basis that may not be "Jedi like" in comparison with the code. It's not farfetched for a Jedi to feel emotion of various kinds, but it seems best to have some kind of balance. To not allow those heavier emotions to overrule on a constant basis. If there was not a code or guideline to specifically follow, behavior would likely not be much of a concern, but there is one. Keeping in mind that it is perhaps a guideline, and not strict, allows for more freedom. If an individual wants to roleplay a Jedi, some sort of balance should try and be maintained, even if different times call for new measures. If you go overboard with the emotions, it's not so easy to label one's self as a Jedi specifically anymore, in my opinion.

The Jedi act like they do on this board for one reason: it's interesting. They are not sitting around and waiting for the Sith to molest planets and eventually attack them. It makes for interesting storylines, especially for characters like mine who are still wrapped up in the old ways. IC I don't agree with their actions at all but I still believe in them because, hey, it's working. The Sith are not that much of a threat.

It all boils down to having fun, doe.

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
Ben Watts said:
The Jedi act like they do on this board for one reason: it's interesting. They are not sitting around and waiting for the Sith to molest planets and eventually attack them. It makes for interesting storylines, especially for characters like mine who are still wrapped up in the old ways. IC I don't agree with their actions at all but I still believe in them because, hey, it's working. The Sith are not that much of a threat.

It all boils down to having fun, doe.
This. Most of my characters, for one reason or another, absolutely can't stand what the Republic's done. But all storytelling relies on conflict, and when the bad guys of the board won't step up to create that conflict in one way or another, that needs to happen. Either the neutral guys turn into bad guys, or the good guys go hunting. Goodness knows the Empire dished out enough atrocities over the last few administrations - Donanyd, Togoria, the deportation of Mon Calamari, and so forth.

Tell you a secret, though. Ashin fething loves it. Oh, she knows the Republic's as likely to try attacking Fringe as it was to try tackling the Sith or TGE or whatever, she knows at some point she's going to have to fight, but as Empress she always ignored the Mandos so she could ram the Empire up against the Republic and get the Empire destroyed in the process.

What @[member="Ashin Varanin"] said

Regardless of what my chars think IC (and Moira really, really loves the end of Star Peace - Manaan made her happy) I find the evolution of the Jedi into militant crusaders rather interesting on many levels. It's especially ironic considering that one of Siobhan's reasons for leaving the order in the first place was her perception (whether it was accurate is another question entirely) that they were ineffectual pacificists. Well, that and she never believed in the code in the first place and had feelings for Tegaea, who gave her a very enticing offer.

Now they've turned militant - which given all that happened in the Galaxy I regard as a plausible reaction - and embrace serenity through the sabre. One may recall that back during the Sith wars that led to the battle of Ruusan Jedi not only led armies, but were feudal lords, the Republic was pretty much a Jedi theocracy. If things came full circle like that I would be most amused. One can certainly see some trends. A tale thrives on conflict - either the forces of 'evil' (and Siobhan's definitely not a good person, while Moira's a genocidal killer droid) go on a conquest spree and we get the heroic (or perhaps not so heroic if The Revolution Will Not Be Civilised) resistance fights them, or the 'forces of light' take the fight to them...and then may or may not end up being Not So Different and crossing the Moral Event Horizon. But then I've long wanted an actual war, I certainly prefer it to the days of Star Peace.

But then I'm a cynical person by nature. Empires rise and fall, expansion is needed if they want to survive. Siobhan wasn't with the Republic or Omega because she saw them as selfless do-gooders serving the 'greater good'. She's Butcher Kerrigan after all. She'd still have serious issues with certain of the Republic's actions though. Frankly she likes neither the Republic nor Jedi much these days, but that's another matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom