Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WHY DONT JEDI ACT LIKE JEDI HERE???

Status
Not open for further replies.
@[member="Darth Vornskr"] I'm sorry but we don't have that, we have a my life is a soulless void black. And a every time I close my eyes I die a little on the inside Black.

@[member="Darth Vornskr"] Oooohhh I'm sorry we just ran out. But we have a Oh god, it hurts, please kill me now, every waking moment of my life is pain and agony, please I long for the sweet release of death Black. It's kind of like that just a bit pleatherish

is there an @everybody thing? your explanations sound like Sith explanation. We expand because we must? thats not jedi at all! you forget you are MONKS you arent real knights under the queen or republic you are MONKS and monks who are supposed to be content with peace. AND MAYBE IF YOU WERENT SUCH A FETHING HUGE FACTION you would have more opposition. MAKING OPPOSITION FOR FUNS SAKE IS A SITH THING NOT A JEDI THING.

now that being said do as you please, I have no reason or way to stop you. the thing im saying is, before i wanted a jedi, now that i see what it is...i dont.

@[member="High Prophet Dredge"] @[member="Darth Vornskr"] @[member="Siobhan Kerrigan"] @[member="Ashin Varanin"] @[member="Ben Watts"] @[member="Reyven Samoth"] @[member="Astrian Callus"]

@[member="Joshua DragonsFlame"] ITS ATTITUDES LIKE YOURS THAT MAKE ME NOT LIKE THE JEDI, THE FEW JEDI THAT I HAVE SPOKEN TO IC AND OOC TREAT MY CHARACTER AND ME LIKE TRASH.

@[member="Rasu Gan"] I like your character and i see why you made that choice ^_^ the antidote is something I didnt know about either i was only using you as a reference because the post was current and i didnt have to dig very deep to find it. again i love your character :)

@[member="Aiden Clairemont"] OMG the most sense that has touched this board. I agree with you.

@[member="Break"] First off, if want respect OOC, please refrain from yelling. Secondly, from what I've seen, you've been fighting Jedi every time you encounter them. Personally, the was I play Saran, that would be a legitimate excuse in her mind. But she's not supossed to be Jedi. She never has been. I don't want her to be because the character is writable that way. She's basically a pained force-sensitive with depression issues in the order because she doesn't know where to go. Askrut, on the other hand, knows what every code says, but simply chooses to be himself. What is that? I don't know.

This is also why I have so few force-users. To many arguments about how I should be playing the character.

A character has depth when they have flaws. Not even the heroes of the galaxy are perfect. Never show a flaw, some struggle to maintain their herodom, and you can't compare to them. Being a Jedi is being a hero, and overcoming your flaws.

And kindly remember that the Jedi have, in the past, committed a mass genocide of the Sith species.

@Ak'lya i am friends with a few jedi. not with many but a few. second off i have faced 1 Jedi. Break did not kill him nor did he even want to face him. Break is quite calm and soft spoken (if he isnt just happy and excited to be around people) furthermore this is the first time ive even used my caps lock and it is mainly because i am quite fed up with what looks like sith fighting sith. there are no heroes left in this galaxy only 2 wizards seein who has the bigger stick.

if you arent a jedi thats fine and i dont mind how you play im saying its only my opinion that they arent acting very jedi like ya know?

Honestly all I'm seeing here is some nit-picking. So what? If a Jedi does all the things that are the antithesis of what their origins imply, then that makes things more interesting and allows a more broad canvas to articulate the path a character chooses. If you want personal gain and conquest, be a Dark Jedi. If you want to use burning rage and seething as your tools for killing in the name of the Empire, you're a Sith; however, if you ultimately have good intent in your actions and protect people from the spite of evildoers in the galaxy, then you are more than likely a Jedi or perhaps a Grey Jedi. That's the beauty of this board, to express a character with confidence and creativity but within rails so that things don't get too ridiculous. As for me I've chosen the path of Dark Jedi since it fits the goal of my character.

@[member="Break"] Some of us just aren't. If I want to play an anti-hero, like Saran, why does it matter? You're forgetting that there are Jedi NPCs, they just don't have the focus because you know what? Someone with no struggle, no problems, is boring. One can play according to the code, but without the struggle, without flaws, without being imperfect, you don't have an interesting character. And being a hypocrite, to over-emphasize the point, is an easy way to do that.

@[member="Break"] in all of the canon of Star Wars Jedi have changed and gone back and forth with the Old Republic and the New Republic. - As Role-playing goes things are left to the interpretation of the character. What seems one way to you - will seem another to someone else. I understand your concern and frustrations, but again this is a role playing board and each person is free to play their character how they deem fit. You're more than welcomed to play a Jedi how you see fit, and I'm sure there are others like you with that same idea of the Jedi.

To be honest - pretty sure in most cases the Jedi "Fight" the Sith to "defend" what they believe all of this is based on what people perceive as good and evil.

this is my view and maybe I am wrong but....
there are levels of "orthodoxy" with "jedi"
it also depends on the era exactly what constitutes the "jedi code"
I would actually argue that in many ways the jedi from TOR, or lukes new jedi order are in a lot of ways "truer" to the true jedi code than most of the jedi in the rise of the empire era.

granted this is my view but ...
when you really sit down and examine what the jedi code does and does not say, it never says you can't have emotions, or attachments or etc. what it says is you should TRY to avoid letting those things influence your decisions "too much" if that makes sense.

as a few of the chars (especially in the ROE era) point out that attachments can have a powerful influence on and potentially stabilize a jedi, after all a jedi is not a robot, droid or computer, they are "people" (sentient beings)

a jedi is supposed to weigh the good of the many, but not completely at the expense of the few or the one.
a jedi is supposed to have compassion.
a jedi is supposed to be "good"
in many ways I find jedi and sith to be opposite sides of the same coin so to speak and yet ... if you actually read the sith code in certain ways ... it doesn't REQUIRE them to be "evil" , arrogant jerks. Its just that the sith code seems to be more open to "corruption"

Veevleigh

Pink Perfumed Slicer Waif
Surely the obvious answer to this is 'because real Jedi are boring'? Even the prequels knew that. It was really hard to make Jedi interesting as characters. The Clone Wars did this by showing they really did have personalities, just believed in things. But the stereotypical perfect Jedi would just be BORING to write, surely?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom