Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WHY DONT JEDI ACT LIKE JEDI HERE???

Status
Not open for further replies.
@[member="Darth Vornskr"] We are far from ready right now but we will be hosting a lot of games and we would love to see your people there. Also how's the arm treating you? Need any upgrades?

The Jedi do have that thing where the Republic sends their Force using pirate enemies to be forcefully turned into Jedi.

That might be a little contrary to the whole "good guy" image the Jedi are, outside of the board, conceived to be. Hard to tell new people, "Yeah, we don't follow the classic Jedi stereotype because that's not really fun."

im not telling you how to play... im just saying i wanted to be a Jedi so bad and then i see this im just dissapointed is all... And im not saying i dont love your characters cuz i love @[member="Sarge Potteiger"] and i love all of the people on here its just there is no...idk how to put it...GOOD left in the jedi its like i said just two wizards havin a pissin contest or whatnot

While Sith knows Break, I have never been the biggest advocate for how the Jedi AND the Sith for that matter are portrayed around here (but not just here, other boards for that matter). I find the Jedi too grey, and the Sith a slightly darker shade of grey as well; however, that is just my own pre-conceived notions. It doesn't make them right, it doesn't make them wrong.

I certainly don't, however, judge others for writing them that way.

In truth? This "Ideal" Jedi that you (and I as well) believe everyone should be... would be a DULL character to read and write. Without inner conflict, and completely cutting off their emotions, you have a hollow, husk of a sentient being. The same goes for the Sith. They are fed by their emotions, but that doesn't always make their intentions evil. All throughout the movies, books, anything you want to reference, many of the Sith made the "right" decision, or one that was with good intentions.

There is no cut and dry. Would I like my Jedi less driven by emotion? Certainly! But that's only because it makes me feel safer and less likely to electrocute me if things go south!

I would NEVER tell another writer how to write their character (unless their name is Illie), nor would I blast them for "playing their character wrong". It's their character, their decision.

I couldn't care less if a Jedi is more concerned about what's underneath another Jedi's robe than saving a planet (as long as I am not on that planet!), and you shouldn't be either. At the end of the day, we are all writers looking to enjoy ourselves and have fun, and every writer, no matter what role they play, should be afforded that same and equal opportunity as both you and I enjoy.

Oh, Jedi's are still hippie do gooders. Just so we are clear. This was not me extending the olive branch!

That is all.

@[member="Break"] Just join the House of the Wild Hunt. Or the Horde. Or the Fringe or the CIS. You're not the only one who dislikes the Jedi IC and OOC, and if that's the case there are other factions who would welcome your characters. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom