Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dominion The Wind Bares Ill | CIS Dominion of Taloraan Hex

Redd-1.png
DUn8KWl.png
Outfit: Beskar’gam
Weapons: Generic Dagger​

A roll of her eyes was given then as she absent mindedly tapped the chest piece for a moment at Gerwald’s words. Indeed, the man had to argue with her on a constant basis to wear even just simple clothing and now she was wearing a full set of heavy armour that would shift with her when she shifted into wolf form. Redd angled her head slightly downwards in thought as a soft smile of content spread across her lips. Haastal had made her want to be more than just a wolf set on killing. He brought about feelings that she never knew that she had and slowly, the hand that tapped her chest piece would slowly move downwards to linger upon her lower stomach for a moment.

Haastal had given her a sense of purpose and belonging within the human world and she didn’t feel so out of place when she reacted occasionally with a savage growl. Instead, he embraced both parts of her, which in turn had allowed her to embrace both parts as well. The Mandalorian made her feel whole and not at war with two halves of herself. ”I don’t know why and I don’t know how… But he soothes me. Even surrounded in the chaos of battle, I know that he will have my back and I him. We are a team and truth be told, the Resol’nare reminds me of home in part. Of my old life. Perhaps, one day I’ll become a full fledged Mandalorian, but you’ll always be my brother. No matter what.” Redd said softly as she reflected upon the fond memories that she had experienced with her Mate already.

Quietly then, as she listened to her Mate’s voice through the comlink in Gerwald’s ear, the woman nodded her head. Now was definitely not the time to get reflective and her hand dropped from its position upon her lower stomach. Golden green eyes watched the grin that curved her brother’s lip and he commanded her to focus when their footsteps carried them over towards the ramp. His words instructed her to use the force, to reach out and her eyes slid closed as she breathed out. The lupine felt the flow of the force around them and she reached out to it, to try to sense the enemy.

For a brief moment, she thought that she sensed something, something that didn’t belong between the two lupines on the ship and she simply regarded it as unimportant. For the enemy wasn’t in the ship, they were out and she angled her head slightly as she continued to reach. To sense those that were creating trouble for those upon Taloraan. To sense the tribe that she had heard Haastal talk about and as she felt her Mate through the force, could sense his positioning, she lingered only for a moment and felt a brush of concern that he was out there alone. That was until she reminded herself that he was a capable man and she continued to reach out towards the intended targets.

”I sense…” She paused as she angled her head slightly to the west, ”They are to the west… No.” Redd felt excitement that was beginning to rise at the prospect of killing and she had to pull back slightly to quell the excitement, only to reach out with the force once again. ”North-west. About, one thousand meters.” The redhead said and she opened her eyes to grin at Gerwald. Finally she moved to slide the helmet over her head to lock it into place as she felt the familiar shift wash over her. Segmented plates dismantled and redistributed over her red furred form until it all finally settled as she stood upon four paws. Her nose lifted to view the other lupine and she pressed her thoughts into his mind. ’Let’s join my Mate and go hunting. Oya!’ Redd expressed just as she launched into a flat sprint.
Bcj802.png

Dain Vikaar

D

Well this was quite the rag tag group now wasn’t it? The commanding officer which appeared to have a million other places he’d rather be and be doing. The young and ambitious child that would appear to get her way. A father and daughter relationship perhaps? The brash and outspoken one with an unmatched carefree attitude. The one that Dain couldn’t wrap his head around, but hoisted a similar skill set to his own - both having experience in the world of the Dauntless. And then there was him. The quiet and calculated one with more hands on experience both inside and outside of any organized military force. The freelance that just happened to be around when the call came out.

At least that’s how Dain pieced it all together in his mind.

But here they all were, and Dain couldn’t even be bothered to acknowledge the cocky, carefree attitude of this Aadya woman. In his experience, Carpe Diem had a place, but the middle of a crisis was not such a place. Nor could he be bothered to acknowledge the jest of being referred to as ‘kid’ by Jie. Hell, he was likely older than everyone assembled here. The last thing he was, was a kid. But nevertheless, this is the hand he had been dealt. This was the team he was supposed to play with. And this was a reminder in full as to just why he more often than not chose to work alone.

Still, he didn’t say anything. A response verbal affirmation wasn’t needed. Nor did he care to give one. Instead, he just ran a hand over his jawline and combed through the dark beard that caressed his face.

He stood back to an upright position, pulling himself away from the crate in the process. He ignored anything further and instead stepped onto the ship. He wouldn’t even halt when Vemric would utter his follow-on oration.

Vaux glared at the barkeeper, drinking the drink some before sitting. "Look. You talk, and I leave." The man grumbled, looking ready to throw her out himself.

"No excuses, Silver Eyes. Out!" Vaux, looked at him. Did he just call her...? She looked at him, smiling a bit before jamming her Trayc'kal into his hand. The barkeep yelped and tried to pull his hand back as Vaux stared at him, and pulled the weapon's hammer back.

"Two things.... One, don't call me Silver Eyes. Ever. Two, tell me where the smugglers are or I'm going to blow your hand off. Now.... You gonna talk?" The man looked, clearly understanding what was going on here.

"O-ok!"

Jie Tarell

J
Jie watched. His hands fidgeted in nervous anticipation. He was a cool character on the outside but every so often the adrenaline would bubble away inside him. He replayed every mission he'd ever been on. He replayed every battle, every kill, every death.

He listed the planets he'd been posted on in recent times; Naboo, Scarif, Fondor, Kothlis, Scarif, Kamino, Scarif. Always that incessantly sunny and breezy holiday hell hole.

He jostled his gear, his pack and side-mounted blaster, and made to depart, following the others. He wasn't sure what he'd gotten himself in for but knew that he'd walk away live or not at all. It was a simple philosophy and a soldier lived by it. It was good to have few options in life.
He followed after Dain, noticing his watchful demeanor. This was a professional. Not a solider, in that sense of professional, but somebody who knew what they were doing, what they were getting involved in beforehand. Jie decided to stick by him.

"Hey! Wait up!"

Tags: Vemric Keldra | Dain Vikaar | Jie Tarell | Mila Uhlesifa Mila Uhlesifa

gavin-bird-ram-bg-Head-Only400.png

Fight

Haastal brought his speeder to an abrupt stop, his eyes glancing at the terrain before him. He stood before a plateau that he'd easily recognized from his fly-overs of the area. The Mandalorian didn't care to go any further, after all he was right where he should be. He reclined in the seat of his speeder, pressing a hand ot the comm on his helmet when Gerwald called out to him. "Yea, yea, furry boy. I took out their perimeter scouts for a reason, now that there is a disruption they'll come and find out what-"

A blaster bolt slammed into the hood of Haastal's speeder, causing his eyes to snap towards the black hole that had disabled his repulsor craft. The speeder rested against the ground unnaturally and Haastal glanced up at the plateau before him. "-happened. Hurry up or you'll miss the fun." When the Mandalorian's eyes reached the raised landmass, he could see no less than seven men standing above him, with aged Blaster Rifles trained directly down onto him. He raised his hands, a feigned effort of surrender.

"Wait a minute now, boys. Let's dialogue about this a bit." He called out, before one of the men cut him off. "You have come to our lands and killed my people, why?" The largest of the hunting party, was a man of tanned skin and considerable height. He loomed over the others with the intent of a man who stood before those he commanded. Haastal brought his hands down, resting against the seat of the speeder as he glanced around for a moment before chuckling. "I don't know...Nothing good on the holonet?" He joked, which only caused another blaster bolt to slam into the side of the speeder. Haastal leaned back, the pulse of the blaster bolt flowing through the vehicle as he called out. "Alright, alright!" He said, pushing the door open and standing out of the speeder.

"Actually, I didn't come here to kill your people." He said, his eyes glancing up as his HUD started to beep from a proximity notification. "Just you..." He muttered, before rapidly blinking twice towards the clan leader. Haastal leaned over, bracing his hands against the side of the speeder as the rocket on the back of his pack exploded out from it's host. It flew over rock and barren soil, slamming into the side of the plateau. Rock and stone exploded out, covering the area in a thick cloud of dust.

As the random volleys of blaster fire rang out from the cliff, Haastal took a knee behind the speeder, his HUD immediately tracking the life forms who fired wildly from the raised terrain above.

"Gerwald, you want him, you got him." The Mandalorian said, pulling his blaster pistol from his waist and aiming it towards one of the gunmen. He fired off a number of rounds, each one sinking into the man's body before he fell over the cliff and slammed into the hard ground below. "Redd and I can handle these idiots, just take out the big one." He called out.

House-Verd.png

illyrian300.png

MIND

It was cold.

The Darkness had a way of swallowing the Sith Lord and wrapping him in a cloak of shadow. It was heavy, intoxicating, and so cold. He'd come to learn how to embrace that chill. The chill that overtook your spine in the dead of night when you feel the presence of evil. That chill was addicting at this point and Darth Malphas had to be wary not to give into the base desires that came with it. He was in a void of shadow where the only thing before him was a feeling. Was it a thought? No, it was not quite conscious. It relied on it's most base instincts to guide it, not reason. Adron was working to decipher the subtle hints that were left before him to try and unlock this little puzzle.

It was angry, so angry. It was also scared. Scared of Adron? No, not particularly. In fact, it seemed Adron was a mere afterthought. No, it was afraid of the ship, afraid that it was not like Adron, not small and outwardly insignificant. No, it was massive and had a strange scent to it, something that had never been encountered before. It was not prey, which meant it must be predator.

"How simplistic." Adron regarded, his eyes washing over the black void until he finally held a single hand up. "We'll have to rewrite your instinct." He said. His hand swept over the dark scene before him and there was a shift. A shift in the entire realm that he sat in. Enemy is friend. Predator is insignificant. There is no danger.

There...

Is....

No...

Danger.

Adron's eyes shot open. He was still on Taloraan, hovering miles over the poisonous gases that loomed below. Except he was no longer on the hull of the ship where he had left the others. No, he was significantly higher up, his legs straddling the back of one of the Fleft-wauf. It's long slender neck was craned back, massive sunset orange eyes gazed out at Adron curiously. It did not move. The Fleft-wauf's wings continued to slam into the gusts of wind, keeping it suspended over the fray below as it regarded Adron with uncertainty.

"No danger." The man repeated softly, reassuringly.

The creature let out a content croak before turning it's large eyes back towards the others. Adron watched its feathers rise in preparation of a dive, yet his hand came to rest at the base of its neck. "
No."

"I want to watch them." He told the massive bird before resting against the base of it's body. "Specifically those two." He said, indicating to Leven Jeyd Leven Jeyd and Danielle Mueller .

wrappingpaper.png

Eternal Ardor

E
YOZ8Abd.png

BmPy0y2.png
The gaunt woman motioned once more to the three of the Confederate representatives, this time stepping off into the direction of the building where the talks of peace were to take place. Her pace was hasty from the start as though she were in a hurry to arrive so as they might not be late.

As she would lead the Confederate delegates to the meeting chamber, it would open up to a massive rectangular room. Aligning each of the long walls sat the assembled crowds of both the Defrandi and the Wind Raider parties. They were seated peacefully, and at the center of the long tables the lined each side sat a central figure, obviously noted as the leader, or main persona, to voice the pleas of each. Along the far side wall would be another table, though not as long as the others which was labeled for where the delegates of the Confederacy would gather.

The woman turned and motioned once more. “Please, my esteemed delegates. Please take your seats. We are eager to begin” She hurried forward taking her own seat amid those collected for the Confederacy.

CIS3.png

OBJECTIVE
BmPy0y2.png

As they entered the chamber, Alden could sense the tension in the air. It might have been quiet, but he felt it in his gut that this solace would not last. The emotions were boiling up on both sides, each fuming and threatening to blow about the wrongs and travesties the other side had transgressed against them. But it was they who had reached out to the Confederacy. It was they who stood upon their own morals and sought the peaceful resolution of these hard times. That sought to protect their people, the people of Taloraan for the horrors of war and Alden respected that. To common in today’s company, people were brash and quick to jump to taking action, often resulting in the turmoils innate with blood and death. A scar upon the soul that never fully healed - even when taking blood was justified as it often had to be in war. Part of the soul still remained fractured and that was something he’d ultimately had to deal with all too often. Such was the way when one was born of the occupation of war. Whether the lingering effects of that were known beforehand or not.

Alden found his hand comfortably in Faye’s, though the movement was more or less subconscious in nature. He glanced to her once more for reassurance and then over to Raven Thystle Raven Thystle , a woman he knew very little of. However, if those above him in the Confederacy believed her presence needed, he would certainly honor that. And he was happy to have another face along.

The deliberations ahead of them were bound to be emotional from both sides and it was on the three of them that had already arrived to wade through it and figure out the truth. It was their duty to ease and abate the plight that struck so effortlessly at the heart of Taloraan.

Quickly he moved to the table where it was pointed out that they should be and took a seat to the right of the centermost chair. That would be reserved for Faye Malvern Faye Malvern . After all, as the Minister of Influence in the Confederacy of Independent Systems, this was her arena. This was her forte. And in the years she had filled the position, the list of her accomplishments had grown beyond the bounds of a book or other text. Alden only hoped he could learn a thing or two so that he might better fill his new found position in the Confederacy himself.

Alden was a simple man. He had a strategic mind that had served him well in all his years of service. And it was hoped that the same would be true of his years post his time in the Confederate Defense Force.

It wasn’t long after the three would be seated that a motion to begin would come to order and the lead delegates of both the Wind Raiders and the Defrandi would step forward and take new seats, front and center of the arbitrators of the CIS. A mere few feet separated either position. Enough of a distance that the two would actually have to exert some form of effort should they wish to wail on the other, but close enough that it might breed an unruly nature. They didn’t like each other, but they didn’t have to orchestrate what was best for the people of Taloraan.

“Shall we begin,” Alden asked to the two plump men that sat before them with a motion of his hand as to signify the hearings were now in session.

The massive doors from which they had entered slung closed with a thump. The trial of Taloraan’s future had begun.
ADiver.png

Vemric Keldra

V

Vemric's mindset shifted as the shuttle touched down on one of the mining platforms and they all filed out. The danger on hand was real. To err would mean death, leaving behind only plasma particles floating around in the atmosphere. The frustration at the ragtag assembly of comrades fell away, making way for practicality. To be successful in their endeavour, any personal problems had to be locked up tight. It might turn out to be easier said than done, but at least they were all on the same side.

The platform seemed deserted at first glance, but you never knew who or what might be hiding behind a pillar. After nearly a century of service, he knew better than accepting first glances alone.
"Bee, scan." he ordered as he turned to face the rest. "Mr. Vikaar, I have heard of your expertise in the field. Would you please take point as we continue?" he said, his bored tone replaced with something more business-like. He may be a good fighter, but he was willing to concede the ground work orders to someone with a better track record on the ground. He was a proud man, always will be. But with something as crucial as preventing a planet from being blown up, there was no room for ego to get in the way. He had learnt that the hard way. Perhaps, if he had ignored his pride in a crucial situation, his wife would still be alive.

Bee suddenly spun around, his scanner still turning, and warbled while waving his appendages to the lower levels. Vemric's brow furrowed slightly.
"Life forms somewhere on the lower levels." he translated, while glancing at the walkways below them. This could hamper the time they had to find the mines. But if it were terrorists down there, they might as well investigate. It could possibly bring them one step closer to making this broiling ball safe once more.

orangbar.png

Tag: open

Vaux slowly walked out of the bar, wiping the blood off her trayc'kal before slipping it back into its holster. So, lower levels. Of course that's where they'd be on the floating citing. Near all the power and repulors. She quickly hit her comm, looking around everywhere.

"VeeKay, can you send a ping to any... ugh... 'friendlies' around about that location. Just see if anyone wants to help." Some Binary beeped over her comes, and sighed a little. "No. I don't trust the CIS, but the enemy of my enemy." The Gred pilot would continue to slip down into the lower levels, pulling out her PS-1 shotgun, and charging it. She took a breath, looking around for anyone from under her visor. Best be ready for anything.

Dain Vikaar

D

Ah, there it was. His past never seemed to stay away for long. It wasn’t a bad thing per say, as he did have a wide berth of experience in this particular theatre. Hell, he was even old enough to have fathered most of the people in this contingent. Likely, only Vemric Keldra would really know of the awkward position innate in such drastic variances of age. He may not have looked it, as was common for those of his blood and his kind, but the man had already exceeded 80 years in this galaxy. He’d been through more wars and conflicts than he’d care to have counted and had stepped back because of the unparalleled emotional toll it put on him. Psychologically speaking, war was no man’s friend, but it was this conflict in which Dain found some semblance of peace.

It is why he’d chosen the path he walked now. One where he was the determinant factor in whether or not his hand would play a role in certain activities. Hey decided whether or not he’d play along. And not the mundane intricacies the plagued uniformed service. The behind the scenes of truly living that military lifestyle.

He sighed heavily when Vemric appointed him lead. He hadn’t wanted to lead anything, but it showed Dain an amount of trust in himself that Vemric must have had to delegate such authorities to a man not even under the jurisdiction of the Confederate Armed Forces. He was his own boss in every which way he could imagine. Confederate rules and the authority of command be damned. He’d left the service long ago.

He was about to speak when all of the sudden the platform shook as if facing the relentless nature of an earthquake. Dain reached to a pylon on his left to stable his footing, but still dropped to a knee. The wind seemed to howl from behind them, pushing torrents of gaseous fumes through their position. The smell was profuse and enough to make the Morellian’s stomach pit and churn. However, through it all, there was no explosion heard. No violent flash of light to be seen. Instead there was only blood curdling wail of something behind them. Something that had swept upwards from the clouds that engulfed them. The clouds that cut their visibility to only a mere few meters.

When Dain turned to look at the source of the horrific squall, his eyes came face to face with the enormity of a massive fleft-wauf. Its featured wings pushing wave after wave of powerful gusts at their position. Atop the creature rode a humanoid, tiny in comparison and the man spouted out a string of words that Dain could not make out and in a language he’d never heard.

Instinctively, Dain shouted his next words, the target of them being his group which he apparently now commanded.

“TAKE COVER!”

Dain pulled himself around the pylon he’d braced himself against just moments earlier. It was then that he noticed this had been an ambush from the get go. The terrorists had been waiting low in the clouds atop their massive beast mounts. Patiently awaiting their arrival here. Shadows of other fleft-wauf could be seen soaring through the clouds that surrounded them as black silhouettes amid a tea-stained canvas. One such beast dove down at the shuttle that brought them here, its taloned claws prying at the ship and attempting to remove it from the platform all together.

His head turned toward where he could only assume the rest of the fireteam had taken cover to. “Your life is in your hands. Shoot to kill and don’t miss. One errant shot could spell the end for us all.” He took a breath in and pulled his B-2 Binary Rifle in front of him, the sling still wrapped over his shoulder. “FIRE!”

His finger curled around the trigger and squeezed sending forth two bolts at center mass of the fleft-wauf that had initially drawn all of their attention.

Relationship Status: It's Complicated
DUn8KWl.png

WEARING: xxx
WEAPON: xxx
TAG: Redd Redd | Haastal Haran Haastal Haran

Gerwald nodded at Redd's words. He understood her all too well. Perhaps he did not understand the code the Mandalorian people lived by, but it was good that Redd had found something to connect her to something beyond existing. What Gerwald understood more was the way she described her mate's ability to sooth her. There had only been one person Gerwald knew with the ability to pull him out of his own thoughts or mind when he found himself lost. Only one voice calmed him in a way that no other could. A small smile pulled at his lips as he thought about it. Whether he ever had the chance to tell the woman his feelings, or even find a way for her to live again, the simple truth would always be no one could touch his soul in the way Naedira had.​
He sighed.​
"Your senses are getting much better. You should trust them more often. There is a lot more available to you if you would..."
She was already shifting. Redd simply loved the hunt, and she loved being the monster inside. The lupine could not blame his fellow pack mate. Redd was more wolf than human on a good day. Gerwald's life had always been such the opposite. He was raised to blend in with humans and to be part of them. Even though the reasons had been misplaced, Gerwald always felt more sense of belonging among those who walk upright than those who walked on all fours. It had not been until Katrine that Gerwald learned to appreciate the wolf inside for what it was. Gerwald was the wolf, and the wolf was Gerwald.​
"Go..." he said as Haastal's words rang in his ear.​
Mandalorians were reckless, but Gerwald loved it. It seemed his window of moving in on the leader was getting shorter. Redd was already taking off, so Gerwald pressed the force to his legs and sped off after her. His arrival was none to soon as the Mandalorian told him the leader was his. A smirk tugged at the lips under Gerwald's helmet as the black blade of his lightsaber came to life.​
Blaster bolts flew Gerwald's way, but each one was deflected. It did not take long for the clan leader to start running.​
"They always run..." Gerwald said with a chuckle before chasing after him.​

VSulUUV.gif

DUn8KWl.png

Equipment: Armor, Knight Saberstaff
Mental state: Silent
Tags: | Adron Malvern Adron Malvern | Danielle Mueller | Leven Jeyd Leven Jeyd |

Xobos knew the mission. That much was clear, as was the parameters to complete it. The birds just so happened to be attacking her in certain ways that forced her to have to defend herself. It was a frustrating reality, the need to defend herself outweighing the mission just for the moment. She must’ve killed two or three of the birds before finally getting to a position to be able to think clearer. Standing atop a small hilltop, she watched as the birds circled above her head, flapping their wings every so often, just to keep them at the same flying altitude. But it was obvious they had seen the apprentice by now. And they more than likely considered her just as delicious looking as all the rest of the little sentients that had come from the metal flying bird.

She didn’t mind them much. They were beasts who only saw them as food for later. They could not think logically, and could not see the traps they were being drawn into. The birds were not to be underestimated, but to regard them as anything more than singularly minded avian was not the path forward either.

As the birds continued to circle overhead, Xobos let a long exhale breath past her lips, slowly sitting into a cross legged position while deactivating her blades. Her head bowed, breathing slowed, and in her mind, the only things that existed in the outside world was the birds above and herself. All other outside distractions, gremlin apprentices included. Nothing could pull her focus away that she did not dictate, so when the birds flapped once..twice..trice hard and plunged downward toward her, she was ready.

The first that attempted to a bite from her body was met by nothing but air, as the apprentice had moved long before it had launched it’s attack. The other two seemed to understand something was not right from their companion’s failed attack and puzzled expression afterword, but the thoughts did not process through their small brains quick enough to realize the very real danger they were in. Xobos used the moment of confusion to bring down her counter, slamming the weight of the force on the three of the bird’s back, forcing them onto the ground and pinning them there.

Their struggles were marked by the loud baying that screamed past their beaked lips and flapping of wings, but they were in vein. Xobos’ outstretched hand poured the force down onto the avian, forcing them to stay in place. Perhaps at some point she would’ve struggled to keep her in the right place to continue to the pin the birds, especially when she had the voices speaking to her. But now, now her focus could be on the birds, as well as how her sister apprentice was doing. And, of course, her apprentice as well, whom she was now beginning to notice had not yet left the shuttle.

Is this cowardness? Or something else? Her thoughts mused together, but no decisions were made yet. Fear was an emotion that could motivate action, though Jester seemed to be much more responsive to the anger focused on the Miraluka at the moment. Only time would tell if the changeling would amount to what Xobos hoped, and this mission was only the first step of many.

nkgTHSx.png

Danielle Mueller

D
While not yet gifted in the practice of Force related abilities, Danielle Mueller had trained much of her short life in military drills, weapons and munitions use, as well as hand-to-hand combat for the sake of serving back on the world she was born to; She considered her Homeworld today to be Naboo yet she'd been raised upon the world called Shor.

Amber blades flashed vividly and left a haze of light trailing behind the girls movements as the two Tonfa sabers were spun in both hands, utilizing the weapons weight in order to carry the momentum of the blades adding to the impact and subsequent strength of every slice that she carved into the winged creatures, avian and feral though their name escaped her in the heat of the attack.

Dani could see the motion of Xobos Yakieer Xobos Yakieer in the corner of her eye as the older Sister student under Adron Malvern Adron Malvern took to the fight with greater skill and superior grace than Dee's own ability to practice. Danielle's height and mass meant that she had the strength to deal a good amount of damage yet her fighting style was unrefined, loose and more akin to that of a brawler than a master swordsman such as the older woman.

One of the birds shrieked loudly and began it's dive for Dee, talons outstretched and claws threatening to pierce the girls flesh if not for the two tonfa that were raised high over her head, blades sweeping out in a full rotation cutting the feet from the creatures body and felling it there to hit the ground heavily with a dull thud behind her. She didn't bother to double back and check to see if it was dead, but instead pressed onward as the creatures seemed to swarm around the small group.

Noticing Leven Jeyd Leven Jeyd having backed off in order to find some form of cover and attempt to wait out the fight, Danielle moved closer to the who appeared around the same age group and she herself. Dee wasn't the type to leave one of their own in the open and vulnerable, and while she didn't know the relationship between Leven and Xobos, she certainly didn't expect that the thirteen year old would be training under her.

Taking up a defensive position, Tonfa held high in guard and looking to distract any attention away from the younger one, Dee called back to her in hope of encouraging the girl to take up arms and protect herself. "Don't stay in one spot, you need to move. Make yourself a harder target and protect yourself!".

ɢᴏᴅ ꜱᴀᴠᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ᴊᴇꜱᴛᴇʀ

DUn8KWl.png

"The Tyrant is a child of Pride"
AhM1hNE.png
Equipment: Unarmed.
Tagging: Adron Malvern Adron Malvern ~ Xobos Yakieer Xobos Yakieer ~ Danielle Mueller

Leven pulled the net out of the crate, and would have gotten right to work with it if it weren't for a screech that alerted her to the bird soaring high above her and getting ready to dive in. The girl glared at the beast and pressed her lips together as sheer fury began to pour out of her as if she was the epicenter of a tidal wave. This was all Her fault. She was not going to die because a slimy, shoddy, sad liar had dragged her out of her perfectly fine life and robbed her of her gifts.

The little Jester had no place being there. She had not even been properly introduced to the Force yet. Her skills weren't unrefined or not practiced enough, they were non-existent. And the only thing that had been her weapon and saving grace had been taken away from her. So, there were only two things remaining to serve the Jester and they were her wit and her anger. And when put to proper use against the right odds, both could be more dangerous than any amount of dueling skill could ever be.

Listening to the words of the other woman, the one that looked younger and she didn't yet know, she held onto the knives, although why she knew not for she could barely use them if not for throwing. Her eyes still locked on the bird as it drew nearer at an impressive speed, even if it felt like years to her. She could not hurt it with her knives, Jester was not strong enough. The bird would shrug off any damage and take her away anyways.

Hit it in the eye. That would have been a good option, if only she had known how to wield the blades properly and in time for it to work. No. Confrontation would only end in one way, with her death. And the thought did nothing but shorten the fuse, cutting the amount of seconds left before the time bomb that was her anger finally exploded.

Turn. Turn into another bird.

I can't.

The shadow of the bird now eclipsed her small form, her chest heaving heavily as she took in sharp, angry breaths. And just in the last second, when it seemed as though she was going to be snatched away, she moved fast. While the girl slipped between the crates and towards the opposite direction, the bird slammed against the hard surface of the platform, screeching loudly before quickly attempting to pick up flight again as the Jester run towards the edge of the platform. There where the metallic floor turned into countless clouds and an endless fall. Only one thing was in the girl's mind, the railing and Xobos.

Even as she ran, Leven still fought against the forces that were keeping her from changing, growling and whining at her own efforts and never getting more than a bubbling of her skin or a sudden color change in her eyes. It was that wretched mark, that dirty trick. Her hand was back at her scratching and clawing, trying to will its effect away.

But the bird after her was still a reality. And now its anger had been ignited too, even if it couldn't hold a candle to whatever was that was consuming the girl's very being at the moment. As soon as it was air borne again it had began to speed once more after the child, talons outstretched and gaining ground on the Jester.

As soon as she reached the railing, the Jester quickly tied a knot on it with the net. The practice in the many tents she had set up in her life had served her well today. And once again her eyes met the bird's, defiance and wrath and a sentiment that could be nothing other than recklessness burning like a fury in both of them, like mirrors.

One of her hands held a knife and the free end of the net, the other - the marked arm - had its empty hand balled into a fist that trembled because of the sheer strength put into the gesture. She had lost a knife along the way.

She wanted to change forms. Tears were falling down her cheeks out of rage and helplessness. She had a plan but she didn't want it. She wanted her gift back. Her eyes left the bird to find Xobos' masked face. A darkness shrouded the girl which she did not know how to recognize or command in any way shape or form.

All of her resistance, her insubordination and her dissent would be condensed in a series of actions spanned over a fraction of a moment. The girl took the knife to her own arm, slashing across the mark to see if breaking it would dispel its effects, and if not then only for the satisfaction of attempting to scar the claim that the masked one had forced on her. And as the bird finally reached her she jumped backwards, her feet leaving the safety of the platform.

Crystal-white eyes watched as the bird's feet passed over her, barely missing her with talons grazing her belly just lightly enough to not cut her. Then she began to fall towards the clouds below her, but before that could happen, Jester's uninjured arm went forward to wrap one of the bird's feet on the net, and she in turn grasped onto the net that now began to go up again as the bird bat its wings to gain altitude. It tried to get away, but it was now firmly attached to the platform and the silvery material of the net seemed to be strong enough no not give to the sharpness of its talons.

Screeching and preoccupied in trying to regain its freedom rather than attacking the girl that dangled a few meters below it, firmly grabbed onto the net, the bird began trying to fly in different directions to test the resistance of the railing. In one of such attempts, it flew towards Xobos' general direction. This was the moment the Jester had been awaiting for, the reason why she had not immediately climbed down and instead braved the danger of the fall.

The knife that had just cut through her own arm was thrown like bullet against the blind Sith, a speed and a strength to that throw that was simply unnatural, aimed directly at the base of the woman's throat with almost surgical precision even if there was quite a distance within them. Jester usually wasn't that good of a knife thrower, but something was fueling this desire to get rid of the Miraluka.

Only after did she let go of the net, falling towards the platform and landing on her feet before rolling off once because of the force of the impact. She regained her footing soon, one hand clasped against her bleeding wound which wouldn't heal as quickly as it usually did. The bird was still caught and firmly attached to the platform and now her need for cover had been renewed. Not only because she was injured, bleeding, unarmed and there were other birds flying above, but because she had just attacked the one she was supposed to call Master. And in her anger, the child had even stayed around to see if her hit landed.

illyrian300.png

FIGHT

The Sith Lord was more than content where he was. His massive bird had given off a few large flaps of its wings to take the two even higher into the skies, to the point where the scene before him was more of a background sight than anything else. No, Adron had no intention on intervening in the events that were occuring before him. He was more interested in seeing just how each of the women handled themselves. They all had unique styles and actions based on their skills and passed experiences. Two who were incredibly different were Leven Jeyd Leven Jeyd and Danielle Mueller . Leven seemed to be far more of a free spirit than Adron's own apprentice. Danielle was militant and methodical, which actually could make her fairly predictable. However, Leven seemed more sporadic in her plans and movements, which also led for a larger margin of error.

While Adron found some amusement in the prospect of the two working together, it seemed each of the apprentices was more intent on facing this challenge alone. This was not how Adron would have handled it in their situation, however it seemed to be paying off. What Danielle had in droves was a martial stamina that allowed her to face the creatures in a manner no other girl her age likely could. Xobos' command for the Force spoke for itself. She was coming into her own power which caused Adron to lock his eyes on her for a moment longer than he would otherwise.

Again and again he'd contemplated killing the woman. Her mastery of the Force in such a short time showed that her own powers could possibly surpass his own one day, which meant her usefulness could have an expiration date. Still, Adron was not a Sith whose main focus was on his own life and the power he held.

No, Xobos was a part of his legacy now and regardless of if she struck out on her own or not, that was something even she could not escape. He had worked carefully to craft her into the Sith Lady she was and it was one that would one day benefit the galaxy for the better. If it did not, then he could consider ending her life, but only after, not before.

His eyes shifted when he felt an unyielding rage wash over him. His eyes went from Xobos back to Leven with an amused grin. "She wouldn't be..." He said, soaking himself in the Dark Side of the Force and letting out a brief chuckle as he realized the woman's train of thought. "Now, this will be interesting." He said, locking his eyes on the two with a hawk-like gaze.

It was only moments later when the knife flew from Leven's hands, aimed directly for Xobos.

wrappingpaper.png

VSulUUV.gif

DUn8KWl.png

Equipment: Armor, Knight Saberstaff
Mental state: Silent
Tags: | Adron Malvern Adron Malvern | Danielle Mueller | Leven Jeyd Leven Jeyd |

From her position of holding down the three avian, she could see the pair of apprentices making their efforts to complete the objective given to them, and Xobos couldn’t help but be reminded of how this was a task that mirrored some of her own early training. A task that was, in all aspects, practically impossible. They weren’t prepared to take this on and the threat that they faced was incredibly real and deadly. Despite this, both her apprentice and Adron’s were expected to be able to finish the job placed in front of them. There were no constraints on how they were supposed to complete the objective, giving them free reign to do it however they might please.

All of this was mirroring how she was trained. Free reign to creatively complete whatever task was given to her, with the crushing expectation of completing it on her shoulders. Every time they left Illyria it was a chance of death. She had seen the darkest depths of the galaxy, massive fleet battles, and faced off against the light side users. Everything she had faced had strengthened her connection the force, made her more deadly in the face of death. It was not an easy life to live, but now that she was beginning to live her own, it had slowly started to become a fulfilling one.

She didn’t know what the next few years would hold. There was still much that could be learned under the King’s tutelage. Avenues of the force that had not yet been explored could still be opened to her. Perhaps one day she would leave to strike out on her own, but for now, Illyria had her heart, and she would not leave it so easily.

There were other reasons to stay, including one of the most personal to her, being the changeling that had managed to start flying on one of the beasts. Levan would become so much more if she was trained with Xobos on Illyria than out on their own together. There was just more resources available to them both if they went down that route. Though judging from her apprentice’s manner of capturing the beast, resourcefulness would not be one of her weaknesses. It was an impressive way to complete the objective, though her brown did furrow at seeing her attempting to maneuver the beast toward her.

Xobos could also feel the changeling’s anger toward her, burning as brightly as it had during the shuttle ride to this planet. And it was good that had her mind had focused in on her apprentice, for had it not, the knife suddenly slung toward her might’ve down more than glance off the shoulder of her armor, which she had turned into it’s path.

The knife clattered to the landing pad, a tinging sound ringing out as it settled flat. Xobos’ eyes watched at the weapon began to lay to rest, then to her shoulder armor, where the only result of her apprentice’s attack was the long scratch running up it. Had that knife landed at it’s original target, there was a chance it could have pierced her vulnerable neck armor and done some legitimate damage. Instead, all the attack served to do was start a raging fire in her chest.

This little, insolate being had just tried to kill her. The very same being she had given the gift of freedom to, had started to give her a life that would be so much better than she would have had as just another circus freak. And this was the thanks she had given her. A attempt on her life. She knew that taking away the changing was hard on Levan, but it was done in an attempt to teach her to be less dependent on the powers. Just the thought of that petulant child attempting to kill her, and admittedly, coming karking close, did nothing to quell the fire in her chest. A fire that Levan surely felt when the sith lady’s eyes settled upon her.

Xobos thought of killing her, right there. That wouldn’t be hard. A slash to the chest, a crushing of the throat, or even just throwing her off the side of the platform all would do the job. That’s what her anger told her to do. That’s what her training even told her to do. Leave none alive that would dare challenge your power.

But then…Levan would win. She would get what she wanted, freedom from the apprentice, and Xobos would no longer have a tool to mold into her own needs. No..this was not the way. This experience could be used as a positive one. Her focus returned to the knife, lifting it with the force, before sending it at a terrifying speed right back at her apprentice. It froze, mere centimeters from her eye, only to slowly back away and rotate, placing the handle in her direction.

“What you just did..would earn you death in many cultures. I think you know that well enough.” She started, making her way to slowly stand in front of the apprentice, looking down at her. “But not here. I know you have no experience throwing knives, so the only way you could have made that throw was by using your anger to focus your senses. I should be angry at you for attempting to take my life, and to a point, I am. But I also see the positive. Using your anger in a pointed, focused manner is the sith way. Controlling your emotions and using them to make you stronger. Perhaps you didn’t even do it consciously, but the fact remains that you did do it.” Xobos let out a slow exhale, eyes roaming over the changeling, feeling the residue of her anger still settling in her stomach. This was the right path, using the situation this way. At least she hoped it was. “You are lucky that I believe in your abilities so much. Some might just throw you to the wind, but I continue to see what you could grow into. Your little attempt to kill me, as well as how your completed the objective, prove that.”

The apprentice made a motion toward where the avian that Levan had captured remained stuck to the platform, beating it’s wings hard to try and escape. A fitting metaphor for her own apprentice’s situation, perhaps. But unlike the bird, Levan would be able to earn her freedom, eventually, if she did not exhaust herself in the net first.

nkgTHSx.png

Danielle Mueller

D
Such poor stupid creatures, Danielle felt her remorse build with every strike of her tonfa blades and every subsequent scream from the avian attacker; What purpose that Adron Malvern would have for them, she did not know but in order to capture some alive, others needed to be felled in order to protect themselves long enough to achieve their objective.

The three of them had managed to thin some of the numbers, and so while the creatures seemed to recognize the group being a threat and some of them circling Danielle as though she were prey, she deactivated the blades of her tonfa in order to refer to their blunt force capabilities. Enough trauma placed in the right points ought to do enough to down the animals without killing them, she figured. Better a broken wing than a lifeless bird if that's what it had to come down to.

Poor stupid things...

Animals were innocent compared to sentient beings such as near-humans and the rest of Galactic Society. Dee knew what she was doing where as these birds were following their line of typical instinct and nature. Life could be beautiful, and having to combat such beautiful things made her feel like utter chit within herself, yet it came down to self defense and so she chose to live.

One of the creatures swooped down at her again, though this time Dee stepped forward with her right foot and throw herself into a twist, pivoting while her left hand spun the tonfa around with her and brought it down hard in perfect timing to collide with the birds head and sending it caving into the floor, motionless save for it's breathing had she the moment to look for confirmation.

She did not, others were following suit and so she continued to move, responding with non-fatal strikes one after the next.

Aadya.png

xd8SxiW.png

Aadya didn’t really care for other people’s opinion, that was just how she was; then again, most people didn’t wind up working on their own without having a few quirks that didn’t follow the usual fall in line code. In fact a regime type character, she was not. Outgoing, free spirited and even eccentric had all been words to describe her personality, along with free agent and rule breaker. Did she consider herself to be a rule breaker? That was up to debate and whether or not the rule was suffocating to her eccentric personality. Which was why she tended to do things on her own. Besides, if she was on her own, there was only her as the variable and she wouldn’t have to worry about anyone else dying on her watch.

The woman barely paid any mind when the change of leadership had been done and so when the platform shook, a smile curved her lips as her arms spread out on either side of her form and she crouched low to maintain her footing. Oh they had company alright and the lupine couldn’t help the maniac laugh that parted her lips. Her pale blue eyes spied the riders atop their fleft-waufs, while the smell alone could make any grown man’s stomach turn. Adrenaline pumped faster through her veins and heard the inevitable take cover from the man that was now their commanding officer.

However, the woman had other things in mind as she peered over the side and then smirked. ”Na, taking cover ain’t my thing boss,” She said as she watched a rider on its beast aim to fly under them and she slipped her breathing mask on. Without a moment’s notice, she paused and then sprinted from one side of the shuttle over to the next. Aadya then leaped over the side and was free falling. Yeeeeeee-haaaaa!” She hollered as she felt the air pulled harshly at her scalp, all the while she felt not fear but exhilaration at the possibility of dying.

Thump, came the sound as she landed upon the back of the bird which sent it rider grasping for a weapon. Wings flapped heavily around them as the bird felt its load become heavier and she braced herself for a moment before the lupine moved to grab her KO sidearm and aimed. If it all went wrong, then they would both die and she didn’t want to die just yet. The man swung around as if to shoot her, but she fired and the blaster round found its way into the man’s skull. Which only made him slump forwards. With quickened movements, she holstered the weapon and began to climb up along the bird’s back, but the bird felt something had gone wrong with its rider and suddenly came to a hovering stop.

”Chiiit!” The brown haired woman said as she lurched forwards to grab onto the strap on the back of the saddle just as the bird took a nosedive. And started to spin as it pulled its wings in tight. ”May day! May day! We are going down!” Aadya said followed by a manic laugh. The thrill of the danger was evident, especially when the dead weight got tossed off and the bird finally levelled out. She pulled herself up into the saddle then and she patted the neck of the white, patterned with grey feathery beast that was now settled in between her legs. Aadya then finally used the force and pressed in upon its mind and seemingly began to speak to it as she showed the beast exactly what she wanted.

The bird let out a loud screech as Aadya imposed her will upon the beast and with a shake of its head, it began to climb back towards the shuttle while she moved to pull free her KO Sidearm. ”Alright Ducky, lets go get these unfortunate souls.” She said as the bird lurch forwards with a screech, only to snap its beak and pluck a rider from their own fleft-wauf, which created confusion amongst the other fleft-wauf riders.
BcjzFn.png

ɢᴏᴅ ꜱᴀᴠᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ᴊᴇꜱᴛᴇʀ

DUn8KWl.png

"Resentment and Elation"
AhM1hNE.png
Equipment: Knife.
Tagging: Adron Malvern Adron Malvern ~ Xobos Yakieer Xobos Yakieer ~ Danielle Mueller

The young girl still had her eyes set like daggers on the sith lady, a slight sense of dread filling her little, wrinkled heart as she saw her knife skim past the woman, achieving nothing more than a nick on her armor. She felt the ire oozing out of Xobos, and perhaps would have cowered at it if it weren't for her own trying to match it. No, the Jester stood her ground for now, a scowl transforming her otherwise soft and endearing features into a mask born out of her anger and hatred. By no means could she aspire to look threatening, but the darkness she emanated made up for the intimidation her own appearance could not evoke.

The Jester was not one for open confrontation, her nature was that of a slicker, a schemer, a lover of shadows and games. It gave her a prudent and a sharp mind, one that had been broken and tossed aside because of her desire to see the Miraluka lady destroyed. She felt as the sting in her arm progressively lessened, her healing slowly beginning to set in once more to close the opened gash. Normally this would have been quicker, if it weren't for the fact that Xobos' mark of power also put a break on her ability to fix herself swiftly from her wounds. And there she stood, bloodied hands now resting at her sides, chest heaving and nostrils flared and a death wish apparently not only for Xobos but for herself fueling her insolent and reckless behavior.

She had expected pain. Leven was expecting to be struck down, or tossed around, or damaged in any other way shape or form, probably beyond salvation. But the pain never came, and the words that took its place did nothing if not fuel the fire that burned within her. She did not want approval. She did not want to do what the Sith wished of her. Knowing she had done so, even unwillingly and during an attempt to kill her, made her feel helpless and out of control. It only exacerbated her need to see her gifts restored and remove herself from the presence of Xobos.

Yet on the other hand, her eyes widened slightly. She had not processed her actions until Xobos made mention of them, and a part of her, the more arrogant part of her, could not help but rejoice at the fact that she had just achieved such a feat...even if its final goal had failed. And so a war began within her, between the voice that wanted nothing that the sith had to offer and only aspired to regain her own gifts and find her way out and the one that saw the same potential that the Miraluka spoke of. But right in this moment, with her anger still so fresh, it seemed as though the latter would win this battle.

Leven closed her bloodied hand around the handle of the blade, and for a split of a second the impulse to repeat her previous motions threatened to push her into action if it weren't for a screech that resonated high above her as the birds gathered once more for another attack. She needed to be alive if she was ever going to get her revenge, and now with her blood thirst slightly quenched by her laughable assassination attempt, her mind was clear enough to acknowledge the risk she was in.

She began moving again quickly, backtracking through the platform to the same are she had been in before because it was the one she knew best, near the other young woman. The Jester had decided that her best bet for the time being was trying to evade the creatures while hopefully getting them to focus on someone else, and the other apprentice simply had a much better fighting chance than she did. In the mean time, the child began trying to conjure up that focus again, trying to goad the Force and its dark guidance to take over her again but was failing miserably.

For the time being, she heeded the advice that Danielle had given some moments ago, keep on moving. She needed to find something to deter the creatures from coming after her...but how was she supposed to do that?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom