Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Factory Denied The Voidwalker

Status
Not open for further replies.

Van Bri'tsyd

Professional Man of Mystery
Octopus_Red_Flt.jpg

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
  • Intent: Update a factory approved ship and note new ownership
  • Image Source: [here]
  • Canon Link: Not based on Canon
  • Permissions: Here
  • Primary Source: Here
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
STANDARD FEATURES
ADVANCED SYSTEMS
  • Navigation
    • Kol Mark IV navicomputer permits the vessel to chart its realspace location very quickly after an ambiguously targeted or uncontrolled reversion, and make long trips without reverting from hyperspace.
    • Dha'karbakar hyperdrive prevents this vessel's hyperspace transits and reversions from appearing on hyperspace sensors, including early warning sensors and gemcutters.
    • ICE T-2000 Outrider Otherdrive, linked to a quartet of minimal class-15 backup drives. The T-2000 unit damages whichever hyperdrive is engaged at the time of operation. Redundant backup drives permit multiple jumps, ideal in an emergency or exploratory situations.
    • Compatible with pilots who are outfitted with the iBorg Liberation Neural Interface.
  • Prospecting
  • Survival
STRENGTHS
  • Nearly comprehensive stealth suite.
  • Durable and resilient.
  • Diverse countermeasures.
WEAKNESSES
  • Lightly armed and needs to be in close to be effective, and cannot fire while cloaked.
  • Expensive as feth.
  • Unimpressive sublight speed
DESCRIPTION
The Voidwalker is Iron Crown's response to three distinct but linked events: the reverse engineering of an ICE Otherdrive by Aurora Industries; the sale of the resulting derivative technology under the patented brand name of Otherdrive; and Aurora's apparent attempt to corner the market on Otherspace transit, edging out ICE's dominance in that niche sector.

Suffice it to say, Iron Crown was not amused. Their lack of amusement was compounded by the fact that they considered the derivative product less suitable for survival in Charon territory, causing multiple system failures for vessels in which it was installed. ICE had always preferred to link the Otherdrive to a given transport vessel's backup hyperdrive, giving emergency options and minimizing repair/replacement costs, with no risk of other system failures. It was this strategy which ICE chose in order to further develop the utility of the original ICE T-2000 unit. The Voidwalker has no fewer than four low-power backup hyperdrives, allowing multiple uses of the T-2000. The resulting vessel can journey to hostile territory with an infinitely higher probability of survival than the competition.

The Voidwalker's creation was a gamble designed with a single target demographic in mind: Arceneau Trade Corporation, the largest company with Otherspace interests. That said, the Voidwalker is designed for a variety of high-value courier and prospecting operations and is a perfectly serviceable multipurpose stealth transport in its own right. A medium freighter's worth of cargo capacity allows the Voidwalker to serve as a courier for high-value cargoes in secret circumstances. It will not, for example, give away the location of any given cache or station.

The Voidwalker was personally designed by Rel Connory, a.k.a. the Bard of the Hyperlanes, a noted shipwright.

The interior of the ship is utilitarian but classy, in keeping with the Voidwalker's serious function and equally serious price tag. Dark blue-gray metal predominates, with dull red accents and blue lighting. The corridors are less cramped than those of a small warship, but less expansive than those of most luxury ships. The ship's interior may be seen here. Crew, passenger, and trooper complement are comparable to those of a similarly-sized warship, or slightly less given the volume required by the stealth tech and the cargo hold.

HISTORY

After many trips to otherspace and beyond the Voidwalker somehow ended up for sale at Quekko's Choise Ship Emporium. Through the darknet it was purchased and delivered to Mr. Bri'tsyd to be sued as his personal ship. With a combination of stealth, otherspace drive and Phrik armor it fit the bill perfectly. After a quick refit he has pressed it into services, using its' full set of discrete traits to the fullest of their abilities.

Last edited:
I am so sorry this took so long. I had a few days off to recharge and this one is interesting considering I know that actual ship image. However we have some issues we need to address.

Image Source: [here]
Image is nice but I need the website it came from or where that particular image came from.

Survival
Broken link, please fix.

Armament: Average
Hyperdrive Class: 1 (from the Dha'karbakar package). Backup array class: 15.

ADVANCED SYSTEMS
  • Navigation
    • Dha'karbakar hyperdrive prevents this vessel's hyperspace transits and reversions from appearing on hyperspace sensors, including early warning sensors and gemcutters.
    • ICE T-2000 Outrider Otherdrive, linked to a quartet of minimal class-15 backup drives. The T-2000 unit damages whichever hyperdrive is engaged at the time of operation. Redundant backup drives permit multiple jumps, ideal in an emergency or exploratory situations.
    • Compatible with pilots who are outfitted with the iBorg Liberation Neural Interface.
  • Prospecting
  • Survival
You need permission for all of this. Please obtain them or change them out. When you get the permissions, post them on the Permissions section. Can be of pictures or post links of the conversations.

ADVANCED SYSTEMS
  • Navigation
  • Prospecting
    • Ramscoop can be used for sampling and harvesting resource-rich areas of space.
  • Survival
    • High-stability ICE countermeasures (chaff/flare) module with decoy projector and tractor shroud.
These are specific affiliations. Lords of the Fringe and Clan Rekali. You cannot use these unless you belong to those factions. Please remove.

Hangar Allocations:
  • Starfighters: 1 Squadron AR-Wings
  • Support Craft: 18 probes and 1 shuttle/personal transport
It is the support craft. I do not mind saying there is 18 probes in the bay but you cannot have a shuttle/personal transport in there. You can say however there is a docking port instead if you want to get around that for docking/undocking key personal. Regardless through. Support Craft is at 0 meaning no shuttle/personal transport room whatsoever.

You are also three ratings below, meaning you can bump up ratings three times but no more.

Personally I know this is a lot to remake and I can see the grand vision involved. Problem is mainly the permissions. You can work on it if you want but if you need more time, let me know so I can send it to Pre-Factory. Again, I would like to see this ship fly again but right now, it needs some tender loving care.

Van Bri'tsyd Van Bri'tsyd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom