OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
- Intent: Update a factory approved ship and note new ownership
- Image Source: [here]
- Canon Link: Not based on Canon
- Permissions: Here
- Primary Source: Here
- Manufacturer: ICE: Iron Crown Enterprises; some components by Clan Rekali, Inc., Silk Holdings, Arakyd, and Koensayr
- Affiliation: Van Bri'tsyd
- Model: The Voidwalker experimental vessel
- Production: Unique
- Material: Phrik hull plating and structural elements, durasteel hull, glasteel viewports, condensed-matter composite engine housing
- Classification: Stealth Corvette
- Length: 200 meters
- Width: 85 meters
- Height: 75 meters
- Armament: Average
- Defenses: Very High
- Hangar Space: Average
- Hangar Allocations:
- Starfighters: 1 Squadron AR-Wings
- Support Craft: 18 probes and 1 shuttle/personal transport
- Maneuverability Rating: Average
- Speed Rating: Low
- Hyperdrive Class: 1 (from the Dha'karbakar package). Backup array class: 15.
- Communication Systems
- Environmental Systems
- Propulsion Systems
- Sensor and Targeting Systems
- Kol Mark IV navicomputer permits the vessel to chart its realspace location very quickly after an ambiguously targeted or uncontrolled reversion, and make long trips without reverting from hyperspace.
- Dha'karbakar hyperdrive prevents this vessel's hyperspace transits and reversions from appearing on hyperspace sensors, including early warning sensors and gemcutters.
- ICE T-2000 Outrider Otherdrive, linked to a quartet of minimal class-15 backup drives. The T-2000 unit damages whichever hyperdrive is engaged at the time of operation. Redundant backup drives permit multiple jumps, ideal in an emergency or exploratory situations.
- Compatible with pilots who are outfitted with the iBorg Liberation Neural Interface.
- Escape pods are the hyperspace-capable Ori'beskaryc 'Little Red' model from Clan Rekali, Inc.
- Stealth suite including stygium cloaking device, gravitic modulator, anti-magscan hull treatment, TibannaX engines, and thrust trace dampers. Vessel can jump and revert while stealthed.
- Many components made by Koensayr, legendary for durability.
- High-stability ICE countermeasures (chaff/flare) module with decoy projector and tractor shroud.
- Silk Holdings cap drain modules.
- Solid fuel/ration converter for long-term missions.
- Nearly comprehensive stealth suite.
- Durable and resilient.
- Diverse countermeasures.
- Lightly armed and needs to be in close to be effective, and cannot fire while cloaked.
- Expensive as feth.
- Unimpressive sublight speed
The Voidwalker is Iron Crown's response to three distinct but linked events: the reverse engineering of an ICE Otherdrive by Aurora Industries; the sale of the resulting derivative technology under the patented brand name of Otherdrive; and Aurora's apparent attempt to corner the market on Otherspace transit, edging out ICE's dominance in that niche sector.
Suffice it to say, Iron Crown was not amused. Their lack of amusement was compounded by the fact that they considered the derivative product less suitable for survival in Charon territory, causing multiple system failures for vessels in which it was installed. ICE had always preferred to link the Otherdrive to a given transport vessel's backup hyperdrive, giving emergency options and minimizing repair/replacement costs, with no risk of other system failures. It was this strategy which ICE chose in order to further develop the utility of the original ICE T-2000 unit. The Voidwalker has no fewer than four low-power backup hyperdrives, allowing multiple uses of the T-2000. The resulting vessel can journey to hostile territory with an infinitely higher probability of survival than the competition.
The Voidwalker's creation was a gamble designed with a single target demographic in mind: Arceneau Trade Corporation, the largest company with Otherspace interests. That said, the Voidwalker is designed for a variety of high-value courier and prospecting operations and is a perfectly serviceable multipurpose stealth transport in its own right. A medium freighter's worth of cargo capacity allows the Voidwalker to serve as a courier for high-value cargoes in secret circumstances. It will not, for example, give away the location of any given cache or station.
The Voidwalker was personally designed by Rel Connory, a.k.a. the Bard of the Hyperlanes, a noted shipwright.
The interior of the ship is utilitarian but classy, in keeping with the Voidwalker's serious function and equally serious price tag. Dark blue-gray metal predominates, with dull red accents and blue lighting. The corridors are less cramped than those of a small warship, but less expansive than those of most luxury ships. The ship's interior may be seen here. Crew, passenger, and trooper complement are comparable to those of a similarly-sized warship, or slightly less given the volume required by the stealth tech and the cargo hold.
After many trips to otherspace and beyond the Voidwalker somehow ended up for sale at Quekko's Choise Ship Emporium. Through the darknet it was purchased and delivered to Mr. Bri'tsyd to be sued as his personal ship. With a combination of stealth, otherspace drive and Phrik armor it fit the bill perfectly. After a quick refit he has pressed it into services, using its' full set of discrete traits to the fullest of their abilities.