Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Public The Ukatis Harvest Festival

Giselle Dune

G
"Biomolecules are wonderous natural components that have a variety of uses ranging from medicinal to construction to military. They can only be found on New Cov and cannot be synthesized anywhere else. It is in a way a double-edged sword, and a very expensive one at that."

If Giselle's furrowed brow was anything to go by, she was still confused. Perhaps biomolecules were well-known to the rest of the galaxy, and her lack of knowledge or understanding of what they were made her look like a country bumpkin. But she sincerely had no clue what Liin was talking about. Such things were unheard of on Ukatis.

"Sounds... useful. Plus, your planet has a monopoly on it that nobody else in the galaxy has - that must be pretty profitable for you. Unless you're running out of, uh, biomolecules faster than you can synthesize them." She put another chocolate in her mouth and chewed thoughtfully. "Have you come to do business on Ukatis, then? Or are you just here for the festival?" She kept on snacking while Liin answered.

Ukatis
div-orange.png
Outfit: Casual | Wedding Ring
Appearance: Link
Tag:
Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble

"We might see more of her family. Probably not her father at least, but it'll be alright," Valery said after watching him be distracted enough to miss their attempts at getting a Racyon pet out of this little trip. "I promised I'd help you keep your calm with these things, so we're going to just focus on a fun family time together, okay?" She smiled warmly and reached over to squeeze his hand while he pushed along the triplets.

Vera was already running off to the market stall with the Racyons, but Valery looked at her husband a moment longer. They had already talked about what happened a lot, and taken time off to recover until she made her return. But she felt it was important they kept taking bits of time for themselves like this more frequently. Of course, the kids loved it as well, so it was a win-win to her.

"Wait, where did Vera run off to-" she stopped, blinked and watched as she noticed Vera standing against the front of the stall, in the middle of a staring contest with a Racyon youngling. How did she get one to just stand still and look at her like that? It almost looked as if she was communicating with it.

"Daddy! This one likes me!" Vera called out, her eyes never leaving the little creature.

Cordé Sabo Cordé Sabo

He was wearing a suit.

It didn't fit him very well.

Rather, he did not like the way it fit him. Very much the opposite of what a Jedi ought to wear. Robes that left enough room tot maneuver and move in for any sort of situation. But... after what the Jedi had done the last time Ukatis had opened its doors to the Galactic Alliance? His Master assumed it might be better to strike a lower profile.

To unruffle some of those feathers so to speak.

At least the atmosphere was nice this time around. He had noticed Cordé a handful of times, but each time she signaled they required distance. She had a job to do here and he couldn't blame her for that.

They all had a job to do.

He hadn't managed to carve out a moment with Corazona von Ascania Corazona von Ascania yet, but Sion assumed that would come a bit later. Hopefully she was holding up well. It wasn't easy to do her job. Not even with regular tea parties to lift her spirits. Sion knew his tea could only do so much before the reality of the moment would drag at her again.

Before his spirit could fall Sion was tapped on the shoulder.

He turned and smiled brightly at Cordé's peace offering.

"You didn't have to do that." Murmured warmly as Sion accepted one of the pastries. "Hi yourself." Then a gentle shrug. "A bit and a stint. Seems the vibe is better than the previous time the Alliance gathered on Ukatis... that's something I suppose." Sion was about to reach out and squeeze her hand, but caught himself mid-movement.

It was a bit awkward to let his hand fall again, but that could be forgiven.

"How's your... job going? Everything peaceful?"

Divine Misfortune
GA-Main.png

OUTFIT: x
TAG: Desric Terassi | Open

4XjHmkg.png

Desric flashed the newcomer a warm smile. "You may be onto something. I hear certain breeds are popular with the local nobility."

"Smart species, they are, if not also mischievous."

Truth be told, I am not all that interested in getting one. They are cunning and high-maintenance creatures, and I'm not sure that I have the time to care for such beings. Sure, I can send it to my mother back in Korbin, but she will probably just leave them to her assistants. Still, if it is what it takes to make it look more authentic, I'll do it. I reached for one of the Racyon and pet her on the head. The Racyon seems to like me, snuggling her neck around my wrist.​

"A pleasure to make your acquaintance. I am Desric of House Terassi." He felt a lot more comfortable conversing with her than the locals

"Desric of House Terassi. The pleasure is all mine. It's been a while since I met another Serenno noble."

Of course, I refer to Catherine Borgin. It's an angle that I have considered. I haven't talked to the lady since his son left me and went missing. I am sure that it's going to be an awkward encounter, if it ever comes to that. But it is how this goes, you pull all the resources you have, even the dead ones. Better talk to the mother than the son.​

"What brings you to Ukatis, Thania?"

He doubted she came all this way to flirt with him, but who knows?

The seemingly simple question is not as simple to answer. Part of being a Diplomatic Services agent is to know how to hide in plain sight. You are often assigned to jobs in high places, people who have access and the resources to figure out who you are in a mere second. So it's all about building a trust, a sham one at that, and to mislead with half-truths. I tried to examine Desric's face, quite blatantly since he towers over me and I have to look up. I guess I'll just have to sweeten it up with a shy smile.
"I'd love to lie to you, Desric, but I know that your eyebot would catch it from a mile away."

The eyebot is going to be a challenge here. With people, I know a trick or two to drift them away from questions and suspicions. The eyebot, which seems to be connected to an integrated AI system, is another story. I either have to tempt Desric enough to not listen to the bot, or tell as few lies as possible, using complex words and euphemism to slow down the AI. The second one seems like a safer bet.
"I am here partly on business, partly for pleasure. When you work within the diplomatic arena, you'll learn soon enough to mix both of them. I'm sure you are familiar with how it is."

GADividerWhite.png

4XjHmkg.png

Tag: Zel Sharratt Zel Sharratt | Open

"So Mandos are warriors who are supposed to wear that kind of armor you got."

Arda remarked in the midst of their walk and Minerva smiled.

"To put it simply, yes. We're also supposed to live by a code of honor."

"Like knights!" Exclaimed Tyell, causing Wendi beside him to roll her eyes.

"I admit that there is a similarity in that. Unlike them however, we are defined as warriors because of our actions, without the need for noble birth that knights often require."

Minerva stopped for a moment letting a young couple pass them by. To change the subject she asked as they resumed their little march.

"So Arda your mother cooks?"

"Yes, she's the best! Mom is a hard worker and passionate about it. As the owner of an inn she has to be."

"That's true Ms. Veda also serves great drinks. Occasionally a lord from the capital comes to the inn because he enjoys the service so much."

Wendi testified just as Zel approached them. The kids' eyes became wide again at the sight of his helmet. As for Minerva she was briefly confused until the stranger greeted her in Mando'a.

"Same to you vod and yes you could join us."

"Wow, another Mando! But his helmet is funny looking."

Tyell said before realizing Zel can pretty much hear him inches away. He nervously chuckled while Wendi smirked at his expanse.

"Heh…uh there nothing wrong about it. Nothing at all.”

Pressing on with a new companion in tow the other Mandalorian introduced herself.

"Minerva Fhirdiad, daughter of Jorel Merrik. This is Wendi, Arda and Tyell. Bid meg cuyir gar vod?"

Last edited:

4XjHmkg.png

Ukatis
Tags: Minerva Fhirdiad Minerva Fhirdiad

Fish_Mando_Junk_Saber_Divider.png

"Wow, another Mando! But his helmet is funny looking."

"Heh…uh they’re nothing wrong about it. Nothing at all.”

"It is an odd model, I'll admit," Zel agreed, amused by the backpedaling of the child. "But I find the shape to be far more effective at retaining pressure in hostile environments. I had it forged for such, that and for... sentimental reasons."

It was the style of helmet worn by his found father, a man who was now since gone from this mortal coil. It was for honor and reverence of his mentor that he wore his strange garb, one atypical for even a Mandalorian. Ultimately he didn't care. He was a historian after all, not some public icon. What he looked like hardly mattered. It wasn't long before the other Mandalorian, who introduced herself as Minerva Fhirdiad (along with introducing the local children), asked about him.

"Zel Sharratt, son of Forgo Sharratt," he introduced. "A name of some renowned, if one knows where too look. Notable for Kaleesh Warlord leadership in the era of the ancient Republic, but they were soundly defeated a good four thousand years ago, leaving those who bare the name a rather obscure bunch."

A muffled chuckle escaped his helmet as he took a moment to check and see if the garland was still atop his helmet.

"Apologies," the Blubreen continued, "I have a tendency to ramble. I'm a storyteller you see, a collector of oral histories. The allure of cultural documentation brought me to this place."

4XjHmkg.png

UKATIS | MARKETPLACE | AXE THROWING STALL

“No, but I did. It would be a crime if you didn’t get to try one of these, and then I’d have to arrest you and..” with her hand freed of the pastry, her wrist rolled to exemplify the whole mess around the theoretical situation “..it would be a whole thing.”

Behind her dumpling, she smiled when he spoke and deduced that the vibe was better than the engagement party. Sion qualified what she’d generally observed. She hadn’t been at the engagement party, but the reports had been tense. And if the empath was giving the all-clear on the sentiment, then it had to be true.

Cordé hummed what sounded like an agreement. She noticed, of course, the broken reach. Her expression turned apologetic.

“Yes,” She answered. The noise behind them was a bit more distant now, and without the celebratory shouts she was more focused and took the time to look him over. Normally Sion was so painfully Jedi-looking. Today was different. More civilian. Less blessed. Like he was undercover.

“Your pe—“ She stopped, frowned, and corrected herself. It was tricky to overcome a lifetime of bias, but she was trying. Your people wasn’t a fair line to draw for Sion. “Everyone seems content to experience what Ukatis wants to share.”

She dared a step closer, but not too close. Just to ensure her reciprocal reach didn’t break halfway.

“You look nice,” and while she spoke, used her dumpling-free hand to reach up to the floral wreath in her hair and pluck out two flowers. It was almost obnoxious how generous the wreath makers had been with the multicoloured petals.

She transferred them to Sion’s pocket and let her hand rest on his chest long enough to make sure the stems were secure.

"Where did you find this suit?”

ᴏɴᴇꜱ ᴀɴᴅ ᴢᴇʀᴏᴇꜱ

bb610.png

4XjHmkg.png

GADividerBlue.png

| LOCATION: Harvest Festival, Ukatis |
| TAG: Valery Noble Valery Noble |

BB-610 was very hesitant to come along with his family. It was an awfully conflicting feeling that tugged his rationality one way and then the other before he could settle on a decision, and if there was one thing that a computer of strict yeses or noes despised, it was indecisiveness. The droid's last visit to Ukatis had hardly been the best of first impressions, but he was hoping to put those days behind him. Start fresh! A new beginning for the little astromech that perhaps didn't involve several acts of property damage. Scampi had been left back on Coruscant, after all━ BB-610 was not going to chance it. He'd rather be subject to a day's worth of stubborn porg screeches than a lawsuit.

As the Nobles had landed, however, the droid was struck with cold feet. He'd have loved to see Corazona von Ascania Corazona von Ascania again, but something stirred inside him . . . What if she hated him now? What if she didn't want to see him? He'd ruined her big day, would she even be excited to see him? He couldn't blame her; he'd have hated himself too if he were in her shoes, and it's that sudden well of anxiety that had him stay behind on their ship. Perhaps a diagnostics run or two or three or fifty would keep him occupied while everyone else had fun. He would be fine.

━━━━━━━━━━
He was not fine.

It was an ache to not be around Valery ever since she'd returned. Sure, okay, it was just a harmless festival━ until a Sith showed up and stole her and tortured her and did unspeakable evils and he wouldn't be there again and he couldn't possibly go through the heartache and━━ The astromech slowly inched out onto Ukatis turf, freezing the very second his chassis met with green grass, as though royal authorities would materialize upon his very position to arrest and turn him into scrap in an instant. Upon no such occurrence, BB-610 inched a little further, and a little further still, until enough confidence had been instilled that he wasn't going to Droid Jail for him to navigate the harvest festival in peace. Now all he had to do was find his family.

It was a nice day, all things considered. A much needed peace following weeks of mental anguish. BB-610 slowly swirled between crowds, photoreceptors keen on spotting the Nobles. Tunnelvisioned, it was a cacophony of chittering that snapped him out of it. Peering over to his side, what appeared to be some sort of furry little critters all met his gaze. The droid recoiled slightly, muttering a bweep, with the whirring of motors and deep binary earning several ear twitches and wide-eyed stares. Unnerved, BB-610 tried to look away, but the beasts were relentless.

Optics locked, it had initiated a test of dominance. The astromech trembled, fearing the wrath of such powerful looking adversaries, scoffing in trembling droidspeak in a pitiful attempt to dismiss them. And as his core shook with uncertainty, one of his opponents stood on its hind legs, arms flared and outstretchedterrifying, caught within the sights of a ferocious apex predator, eyeing the droid without any signs of backing down. How were they doing this? No, noHe couldn't possibly win this... He needed to go. He needed to go and warn Valery of these dangers now, he needed to━━

aaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA-

Speeding past guests and swerving between legs, BB-610 pushed his motors to their limits as he rolled as though his life depended on it. He didn't even need to look back, as his body's photoreceptors told him that yes, a horde of hiveminded monstrosities were still very much catching up to him. Screeching, BB-610 bobbed and weaved frantically, until a hefty THUMP put a stop to his tracks. Gazing up, he spotted Valery Noble Valery Noble and Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble , chassis wobbling in fear as he bweeped hysterically, snapping his head round to face the army of critters running up to him. Glancing over to Vera, the droid's optic narrowed at the beast before her, speeding over to her with warbling binary telling her that he'd protect her.

Stanced and just about ready to prime his electro-shock prod, the astromech shielded the little girl from the encroaching swarm, all but ready to sacrifice his life for her protection. But as the myriad of critters closed the distance between them, one simply swatted harmlessly at one of his tool-bay disks. With many of the monstrosities surrounding him, they all began to feel at his spherical body, mesmerized by the reflections and smooth of his steel.

Oh. False alarm! It looks like BB-610 is just a lightning rod for curious little creatures.

GADividerBlue.png

4XjHmkg.png

Tag: Loomi Loomi | DeadpoolMLP DeadpoolMLP

Z9U36lL.png

Cute? Ko thought about that for a moment. Yeah he could agree they could be rather adorable. But it isn’t where his mind went before. Recalling how much grief similar critters had given him before on agriworlds. How they like to tear through trash and harass smaller livestock.

The Kel Dor thought about trying to see if they could interact with some of them. As Loomi pointed out there was a merchant here selling some kits. But they were small and cuddly, the wild ones running around might be more reflective of what they’d be like grown up and matured. Also oddly enough Ko now wanted to get one for Loomi, having the strange feeling of wanting to impress his friend.

He looked back to his Godoan companion after she mentioned his name in a whisper. Sensing some unease from her. Which was stemming from the looks the two of them were getting from the locals nearby. Part of him wanted to try and dispel her anxiety by bringing up how he has dealt with such things. It would be easy for him to just tell her not to worry about it. But he kept himself from doing so, and it would be sort of dismissive of her concerns. “Um…” He hesitated for a moment over wanting to say the right thing. However, he didn’t think there was a perfect response, he could only really try his best. He thought about how she felt a little overdressed back on Ord Providence, and how that made her feel. Then again she was also on a planet shared by other Godoans unlike here.

Ko would bring his hand up and place it on Loomi’s shoulder to try and emphasize his words to reassure his friend. He knew she’d been through quite a bit recently. “I... I understand Looms.” He spoke softly. “Hey if you want, we can go somewhere where there’s less traffic. I heard there’s a nice garden nearby too that’s open.” Ko suggested. “And I’m sure we can still catch one of those fuzzy critters there too.” Ko was fine with going somewhere without so many people that failed to remember that it could be rude to stare at other people. At the same time though Ko didn’t really blame the rather insular locals either.

Suddenly he then noticed another individual approach, who also seemed rather unnerved by something. Maybe they were catching looks too. Someone who he was pretty sure was a Jedi too, but wasn’t a hundred percent. She had lightsaber on her hip which certainly suggested such. They were a rather feline looking woman. A zygerrian perhaps, he wasn’t sure, and definitely didn’t want to misidentify them like a certain someone had before with Ko. ( Corazona von Ascania Corazona von Ascania )

His covered eyes widened some at the sight of the little creature she was holding close to her. “Woah, look Looms, our friend here seems to have one of those domesticated cubs like you mentioned.” Ko wondered if the newcomer would be willing to get Loomi interact with the fuzzy raycon any.

Ukatis
Inanna Harth Inanna Harth - Open
4XjHmkg.png

"A what tart?" Cato said, swallowing his first bite. It was quite rich, almost too much so. But the more savory batter helped offset it slightly (though it certainly did not favors for the dish's healthiness). Serena of course, was not to be left out, and demanded a bite of her own. For her taste buds, it was heavenly, and after the second bite, it looked like she might start bouncing off walls.

"What should we do next? I'm sure they've got some games or something around…" Cato trailed off as he watched a racyon skitter past Serena. She looked back at him with mischievous intent. He shook his head futile, "Pinkie…" She took off running after the creature.

Arayakyak. It’s named after a mountain on Kashyyyk. The Wookiees make them for Life Day. They have lots of berries and a sweet crust.” She took another bite. “My Shyriiwook is a little rusty.

Just as Cato was asking what they should do next, Serena took off after a racyon, the sugar rush kicking in. “Hang on, I have an idea,” Inanna said. She started to shrink in size, sprouting fur and changing shape until she looked like a racyon, albeit a fully-grown one rather than a kit. Then she took off after Serena.

The sugar had made Serena bold, but not that bold. Upon realizing she was being pursued by an animal nearly as big as she was, she circled around and ran back to her father, shrieking.

ezCbXqA.png

DAUGHTER OF DUTY, THE SCION OF SARDUN
UKATIS | ASCANIA | ROYAL GARDENS
Castian Vero Castian Vero

binal-scratchmore.png

Shamefully, Ishida hadn’t done a particularly good job of being aware of Castian’s presence in The Force. She’d done the basics, explained to him the Force, the Light, the Dark, the inbetween, the different paths of the Jedi, what it meant to be a Jedi, all the boring stuff. But on Cato Neimoidia, their first action-focused mission together she’d basically forgotten he’d existed.

Which would have been fine, if he'd ceased to exist, but he was sticky in his existence and hard — if not outright impossible — to shake.

“Okay, here. Stop following me.” She swatted at the air between them, as if to shoo him further.

“Just..settle there.” Prosperity might have been a better place for them to practise this relatively intimate experience, but Ishida thought the distractions of the festival and the distant presence of so many other Jedi might be a better challenge for Castian. He already seemed a natural with so much of The Force once he leaned into it, that she suspected his natural affinity for tracking would have little issue with this exercise.

The gardens were beautiful, well-maintained, and smelled fresh. Aromas from the flowers made the air throughout the grounds delicate, soft and powdery.

Ishida crossed her legs in the grass, and smoothed her robes around her. She waited for Castian to do the same.

“Connection through The Force is natural, but some intention behind it will help hone your perception.”

Her eyes closed.

“It starts with awareness of self. Where you are, and what you look and feel like in the context of everything around you.”

She gave him time to heed her instruction.

"Explain to me what you see. What you feel."

Last edited:

Kahlil_Div2.png

"I hope so. But mostly I hope they at least realize what she's sacrificed for them."

Part of him dreaded they didn't. That they, like his own family, simply didn't care. The stain of nobility, to be above those who did suffer. Still, he smile to Valery. Squeezed her hand before turning his gaze to watch Vera. Of course, she found another animal to befriend. It just made him smile. Grin, even, as it seemed Valery was confused on just how she could do that. It was another simple trick he'd learned.

"Of course he likes you, you're adorable."

Valery Noble Valery Noble

She is confused. I can see that by the way that she looks at me. But it is all right, for surely there are many subjects that I have little knowledge of. Like Force magic.

I offer up a polite smile. "Biomolecules are not synthasized. They are grown, cultivated and harvested outside of the biodomes that protect our cities. And to answer your question, Lady Dune; I am here for the festival. I trust that the same goes for you?"

I allow myself to glance around briefly without turning my head. I do not see Eiden, but that does not mean that he is not observing me.

Tag: Giselle Dune

4XjHmkg.png

Ukatis Harvest Festival
- Amani Serys - Kara Jade Kara Jade - @Open -
Alicio smirked, accepting his prize for the perfect picture, and finally removing the thranta from his head. He gave it to Liana, who quickly grasped the poor stuffed animal with a deathgrip, and shook it viciously. "I'm upset my dance moves weren't what did it," he said, a hint of a smile breaking his face. "I'm not that rusty, am I?"

I thought I had my hands full with one child, but it looks like you’ve both had your work cut out for you.

And suddenly, Alicio remembered that there were other people attending the festival, too. An immediate blush bloomed on his cheeks. "Ah... Hello," he managed, looking off into the distance, as if something had grabbed his attention.

Then, something actually grabbed his attention. Alicio walked over to the pram, and brought August into his arms, as if to display him to Kara and Cass. The boy's excited response to his name elicited a chuckle from his father, who swayed him to some unknowable internal rhythm.

4XjHmkg.png

OPEN

div-red.png

Ukatis was not the first world on anyone's list when they said they were doing a tour of the Corellian Trade Spine but years of peace had emboldened smugglers and raiders along major hyperlanes be they ex-Brotherhood or simply profiteers. Corellia was cracking down on them hard within Corellian Confederation space and they had always had a presence on the two Corellian hyperlanes, but recently word of a new Sith cult in the Outer Rim on the edges of the Corellian Trade Spine was causing ripples in the Confederation. Claims that the Alliance had lost its teeth since the Hyperspace War couldn't be tolerated and so...

He was here looking at racyon kits with his niece. A parade of sorts of Corellian Warships floated somewhere deeper in Ukatis space, moving through the Trade Spine and reassuring partners that they were safe.

"Pop Pop! This one is red" She had never known her actual grandfather and now he played the part of both Uncle and Grandpa to his younger sister's daughter. "Do you think its read cause it eats too many berries?"

"Maybe," Dracken said, crouching down beside her to peer at the little creatures.

"Raycon are unique to Ukatis," chimed his protocol droid. It was a diplomatic defense model, designed to look harmless but filled with murderous potential. It was a fitting compromise to walking the streets surrounded by Alliance Commandos or Corellian Halcyon. "They typically come in shades of blacks, greys, whites, browns, tans and reds and can even be solidly one color or mottled."

"Thank you ExDee," Dracken muttered. The wonder was gone, replaced by curiosity in the child's eyes.

"Wow...So many colors."

4XjHmkg.png

Tag: Zel Sharratt Zel Sharratt | Open

Clan Sharratt huh?

Despite her own fascination with Mandalorian history Minerva had not been aware of that clan. Of course she didn't doubt Zel's claim given how sincere he sounded and it made sense his clan would be obscure. Minerva at first said nothing in response, while they navigated through a crowd that was going one or another.

Their armor did earn some curious stares from some onlookers and Minerva noticed a pair of old ladies whispering to themselves. Nothing malice from what she could tell but the warrior ignored them all the same

"A storyteller." Minerva quoted back before adding. "It is a worthy effort as long as you remain true to yourself Zel."

"You're a warrior too?" Tyell asked, now walking right next to Zel. The other Mandalorian suppressed a grin.

As for Wendi the little girl commented.

"So why are you Minerva? It is for a noble quest?"

Not able to resist a chuckle that came out.

"Well actually my platoon and I are just enjoying a break. We heard about the event and decided it would be the perfect occasion to blow off some steam."

Suspecting another question Minerva explained. "I'm serving with the Alliance military for now."

Wendi tilted her head toward the female Mandalorian while she looked concerned.

"The Alliance?!"

Biting her lips, Wendi confessed.

"I'm sorry it's just my father…says the Alliance can't be trusted."

Curious Minerva asked.

"Why?"

"He…says the Alliance can't be trusted. That they will ruin our way of life and steal our jobs by giving them to droids or outsiders."

That is unfortunate but given how isolated Ukatis had been until recently Minerva concluded she shouldn't be surprised that sentiment exists here. At Wendi's conflicted expression the armored warrior rubbed her hair in comfort while they neared a sizable inn on the other side of the stalls.

"Wendi I can't speak for everyone else but myself. I'm not here to oppress or steal from anyone but just have a good time that's all. So you don't need to be afraid we can still be friends as long as you want to."

At those words Wendi paused for a moment she smiled in relief.

"I believe you!" Arda declared still holding Minerva's other hand before glancing over to the second Mandalorian.

"Mr. Zel you got to try my mom's apple dumplings. It's the best in town."

Last edited:

4XjHmkg.png

Ukatis
Tags: Ko Vuto Ko Vuto , DeadpoolMLP DeadpoolMLP

Loomi_divider.png

Dress

“Hey if you want, we can go somewhere where there’s less traffic. I heard there’s a nice garden nearby too that’s open.”

His words made her feel a little better, maybe because they were understanding of her feelings on the matter. That gave her a second wind of confidence, at least enough to tough out the festival. There was still a lot she wanted to do after all.

"I... I think I want to stay," Loomi decided. "It would be a shame to miss all of this because of some staring people, right?"

It wasn't long before Ko had pointed out a new arrival, a Cathar Jedi she had met back when she had mistakenly ordered alcohol instead of coffee at a local café. An embarrassing experience, but she was far more concerned about the distress that the woman seemed to be in.

"Hey!" she waved, trying her best to come off as positive. "Jonyna, right? It's a pleasure to see you again."

An embarrassed look spread across the Godoan's face.

"I-I think," the teen added. "If I didn't cause you any trouble last time, anyways."

DeadpoolMLP

Too many characters, I have
"I-I think," the teen added. "If I didn't cause you any trouble last time, anyways."
“No, just…” She took a moment to sit up against a wall, the kit chittering once again. “I needed to find someone…”

The Cathar took a moment to breathe. She was safe. She was with friends. She idly pet her new kit, looking to Ko Vuto Ko Vuto and Loomi Loomi ,steadying herself. “Mandos…” she muttered. “I’m a…Cathar…we don’t get along…This is Guffy by the way…say hi if you want…”

4XjHmkg.png

div1.png

Ukatis. Why the hell was he on Ukatis? An interesting question to be sure, one he had been debating silently in his head for hours. There were no obvious security threats - at least none that would have required his direct attention. There were no meetings that required his presence, no briefings which demanded his attendance, no Senator who requested his "expertise". No, Ukatis was one of the most peaceful worlds on the Corellian Trade Spine, CDF warships notwithstanding.

So why then was he there? An obvious answer would be to enjoy the festival, which he had been invited to (or rather ordered to attend) by the brass at High Command who had been sure to stress how saddened they were that they themselves could not attend. Luckily, he was close enough to Ukatis to be their official envoy, An Admiral turned errand boy. It probably would've been funny if it happened to anyone but him. Nonetheless, the festival was quite entertaining and yet he found himself drawn away from it.

The market on the other hand seemed to be the perfect way to end this rather dutiful day. He tugged wearingly at his collar, privately cursing whoever designed the dress uniform he currently wore. Naturally, the outfit contained traces of his Corellian heritage, intermixed with commendations earned on Anaxes during his brief tenure at the Pols Anaxsi War College, medals earned during the Second Great Hyperspace War and Third Imperial Civil War, and finally decorations from his participation in the Frozen Hand campaign. Overkill, mostly. Medals, medallions, superfluous displays of military ingenuity that he in all truthfulness lacked. He was not some grand strategist, never had been. He was a solder. Nothing more, nothing less.

A smile here, a wave there, a greeting once in a while. This would be his mark upon today's festivities: a friendly smile, a ghost who seemed to blend perfectly into the background. He would have it no other way.

He contuined the walk through the marketplace quietly, his mind at peace, finally. Quiet admiration of such intricate displays of biodiversity from the creatures on display to the plants and fruits being sold were a nice reminder of how interconnected the galaxy had become. Strangled by star wars yes, but connected. The pitter pattering of little feet broke him from his trance and a wide smile appeared on his face as he recognized the elder man the little girl was accompanied by.

"Diktat, what a wonderful coincidence"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom