Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Public The Ukatis Harvest Festival

Atp8MfG.png

Merlyn Ambrozius Merlyn Ambrozius | Desric Terassi Desric Terassi | Trug Zigash Trug Zigash | Valery Noble Valery Noble | Makko Vyres Makko Vyres

4XjHmkg.png

Laughter was not the reaction she'd expected to her simple question—but still, it was the one she'd gotten.

For a moment, Cora's nose crinkled in distaste before she swept the undignified expression away into a placid smile. Onlookers who lingered near stalls or meandered by had cast lingering glances on the man who appeared to be laughing at their Princess. She glanced over the Ginko Pop table, finding a line of cartoonish figurines of Horace next to her own. Briefly, she debated purchasing one so that she could cathartically smash it to bits in private. Or maybe Dreidi could put a hex on the doll.

"I see. Forgive my assumption; there seem to be many Jedi in attendance. A rarity for Ukatis."

Perhaps she'd been wrong, her senses muffled by the voidstone ring and lack of practice.

It was only then when Cora realized the potential scandal of being seen conversing in public with a strange man without her husband or father present. She could almost hear the rumor mill churning already, and the thespians at the puppet theater rubbing their hands together in delight at the fresh meat for their next script.

With that in mind, Cora was searching for a polite way to excuse herself before the stranger called attention to a ruckus happening a little further down the midway. Children shrieking and adults yelling were all par for the course at the outdoor celebration, but there was something different—

Vera?!

Vera Noble, fearless as ever, had captured an adult racyon. It was simultaneously the last thing she'd expected to see, but it also made an incredible amount sense.

The initial surprise drained from her face, softening her features. As the strange man moved to intercept Vera, Cora drifted closer to the racyon booth, which was quite large in comparison to the other merchants.

While the racyon kits soaked up attention from native Ukatians and off-worlders alike in their circular pen, members of the Gautier family, the area's foremost racyon breeders, tended energetically to their customers.

The Princess found herself gravitating towards the closest familiar face, a spark of recognition lighting up her eyes. Ever observant, the Royal guards kept several paces behind her. Even they did not listen entirely to her orders, and Cora could not blame them. If anything were to happen to her—unlikely though it may be—they'd be executed without trial.

"Senator Terassi, Cadence. How kind of you to attend."

Cora approached Desric with all of the aristocratic airs he would expect, but she could not keep away the genuine smile that lit her expression. Though friends, the two had something of a small rivalry that would only be understood by true nobility.

For instance, Cora had used unorthodox methods to secure her victory in a friendly duel, and Desric had shown her up at the Organa's wedding by wearing a hat with a slightly larger brim than her own.

A courtly nod was directed towards his friend—a woman who Cora did not recognize. The important part was that this other party was a woman, and it would be far less defamatory for her to engage a couple in conversation.

"Corazona von-"

She paused, her smile tightening just slightly when she remembered to use her married name.

"…Cholmondeley. Princess of Ukatis."

It felt strange to have to introduce herself. She'd happily boasted about being Corazona von Ascania, daughter of Viscount Marcel von Ascania of Ukatis to the Jedi—who, in turn had varying reactions to her haughty mannerisms up to and including disgust—but having to name herself a Princess felt distinctly different in an unsettling way.

"I hope that you two are enjoying the festival. My husband, Prince Horace, sends his regrets that he could not be in attendance."

The racyon cradled in Thania's arms playfully pawed at Desric's spotless tunic, which drew a chuckle from Cora. Tilting down, she dipped a hand into the pen, giving one of the more playful cubs a scritch behind the ears.

"When I was a child, my brothers and I tried to trap a racyon that had been causing havoc at the edge of our property. She was smart though—or at least, smart enough to outwit a few children. We were running around for weeks, brainstorming up the most ridiculous methods for capture." The memory inspired an earnest grin. "Eventually, we did catch her. Named her Lula, and she was happy eating mice and other vermin in the gardens. One day, she turned up pregnant and father made us find homes for her litter. Sylvania Gautier ended up taking three—" Her head tilted in the direction of a plump middle aged woman who'd just taken payment from the Nobles.

"Some of the racyon here are probably Lula's grandchildren. Er, great-grandchildren?" Blue eyes rolled in thought, as if she were trying to work out the average racyon gestation cycle. Another spark of familiarity, and her eyes tracked back towards Sylvania. Valery was still close by, back turned, talking to…

Makko.

Startled, Cora straightened and drew her fingers away from the racyon pen. A disgruntled kit nipped at her hand, but she could hardly feel it over the pounding of her pulse. They'd managed to keep in touch since her marriage, but it had been…complicated and strained.

Wiping the surprise from her face, she turned back to Desric and his friend with a wry smile.

"The racyon seem to be doing more for public relations than any diplomatic delegation could."

From the corner of her eye, she watched with amusement and pride as Vera assert herself against a stranger and a talking racyon. Dutiful as ever, BB-610 BB-610 whirred and warbled after the eldest Noble child.

The months had passed at an excruciatingly slow pace, and her life had been lonely. Being among friends--even at arm's length--was indescribably warming.

"Hey Makko," she said with a warm smile. "How are you doing today?" She then asked, but she knew what he was dealing with, and that this planet caused a lot of that stress. So as she caught him looking down at the triplets with a grin, Valery reached down and picked up Aeryn, who was awake and squealing happily. "Would you like to hold her? This is Aeryn," she said. Valery was never one to just let anybody even touch her kids, but he seemed like he could need a bit of cheering up.

"Hello Aeryn," Makko said. Despite it all he smiled, even if fear flashed across his face as he held out his hands.

They had looked like tiny precious dolls at first and he would have been downright terrified to hold one of them.

"Eeeerm doooon o'ay," he went, because Aeryn immediately took an interest in his face and grabbed his lower lip.

He had not told anyone his plan to join the trip which - in hindsight - seemed a little unwise.

Kahlil_Div2.png

Oh boy lots of things happened pretty quickly. Kahlil chuckled as he watched Vera seem to hold the center of all this chaos. Mostly Vera. The speaking coon was certainly a surprise, but before he could step in some homeless looking fellow stepped over to talk to his daughter. At least there wasn't any hostile intent from the stranger. Not that it stopped his brief glare as he stepped over between his child and him.

She'd already been kidnapped once.

"The Council doesn't police people, Vera. You're right to help, but we're not the ones who punish people." He glanced, briefly, towards BB with a brow raised. He hadn't expected the little droid to be the one so keen on violence. If anything, it was good to know how far they'd go to protect Vera. Kahlil chuckled after a moment, reaching down to ruffle Vera's hand.

"Now why don't you let those Raycons go home? We don't need an army for a festival."

Valery Noble Valery Noble | Merlyn Ambrozius Merlyn Ambrozius | BB-610 BB-610 | @Whoever Else

4XjHmkg.png

Ukatis
Tags: Minerva Fhirdiad Minerva Fhirdiad

Fish_Mando_Junk_Saber_Divider.png

"You're a warrior too?"

"I am indeed," Zel nodded. "I've fought a great deal of man and beast in my travels. One cannot tread lightly in the pursuit of knowledge after all."

Zel was quite accustomed to combat, thus was his culture after all. Still, many of his creed would find what he fought for unusual. History, after all, was not something looked upon as a pathway to honor, glory, fatherhood... Zel recognized the power it held, however. It was his path to honor, even if it was not a road walked by his brothers and sisters in armor.

A new topic came up that did amuse him. The notion of the Alliance coming to steal jobs? How odd.

"I believe your world will be just fine," the Blubreen added following Minerva's statement. "It isn't financially viable to migrate to Ukatis, at least for those who would be seeking work. It would not be so sound to place one's faith in finding work on an agricultural world that may not provide the credits they need to support a family, or at least that's what many believe. Most are more likely to hedge their bets on the industrial sector."

Fear was fear. It would always be present, even if uninformed. That was one of the many hurdles of being a lore-keeper. Ensuring the truthful collection of historical information was more than just a hobby, it was a calling that had ramifications on the wider galaxy. In choosing to spread only the truth Zel was taking a side in an ancient conflict larger than even Mandalore.

"Mr. Zel you got to try my mom's apple dumplings. It's the best in town."

"That sounds lovely," Zel nodded, keeping his warm tone. "I would be honored to try them."

Perhaps he'd have some good description for his record on the local cuisine.

This girl seemed intent on hauling off the "racyon", no doubt to conscript it to her army, "Uh- Excuse me, kiddo— That's not, ah," Cato struggled to explain the situation as he awkwardly tried to catch up, until Inanna herself spoke up to try and make her case.

Serena, who was watching the proceedings with the blank but invested stare of a toddler, was quick to recognize, "Mommy!" She pointed a pudgy finger at the fuzzy form. Having seen her shapeshift before, she put two and two together as soon as the voice came through.

Others descended on the scene quickly. A frazzled little astromech, ready to commit some animal cruelty at the first perceived threat. And a strange, disheveled looking man, who immediately sussed out the talking racyon was a shapeshifter, then seemed ready to twist the simple course correction of a toddler into a rather sanctimonious judgement of said shapeshifter. Cato raised a brow as he framed releasing this actual person as a choice, "Yyyeah, the musings are appreciated, uh, guy, but we've got things covered now. Thanks."

Even Vera, who had instigated the intervention, realized that is was time to let Inanna go. Though not without a small chiding. Cato smirked. She was well-intentioned, if misguided by her youth, "Wise words, kid. Thanks," Vera ran off to who he assumed was her father. Cato then glanced back down at Inanna, his smirk widening, "You hear that, miss? The Council won't be happy about any repeat offenses." He couldn't help but tease her about absurdity with which this situation spiraled out of control. It was too good to pass up.

"Mommyyyy…" Serena said again and shook her head, mimicking the teasing demeanor she had seen her parents use before.

"The plushie can talk!"

The what?

Inanna didn't have much of a chance to ponder it, as the child's droid companion shoved a shock prod in her face. "Whoa, whoa, whoa!" she exclaimed. "Take a chill pill, soccer ball." A light shove of the Force kept the droid at bay.

"Hi baby," Inanna said, smiling at her daughter.

"I think we should let her go. So she can explain why she scared a child like that. What do you think?"

Inanna glared at the man with racyon contempt. She had a few choice words in mind for him, but she didn't voice them. Best to play nice and get this over with as soon as possible. "I wanted to make sure you wouldn't chase after animals that don't belong to you," she said, electing to explain things to her daughter instead. "Those little kits might be cute and cuddly, but just imagine if their mommy or daddy saw you coming after them and thought you were trying to eat them."

"But I just, I just wanna pet them," Serena protested.

"Animals don't know that. You have to be nice and let them come to you instead of chasing them."

"Hmm, I'm sorry if I hurt you, but you shouldn't scare people. Next time, I'll have to bring you to the Council."

The Council? What was she talking about? Wasn't Ukatis a monarchy?

The child's father, who had apparently been standing there the whole time, corrected Vera about the Council's role, then suggested she let the racyons go. Finally, Inanna was released from the girl's grip. Set on the ground, she took a moment to get her bearings again...

"You hear that, miss? The Council won't be happy about any repeat offenses."

Even Serena was in on the teasing. "Keep it up, and you're going to be married to a racyon for a week," Inanna said dryly, though not without a hint of humor. At least the absurd situation had been resolved peacefully. Standing up on her hind legs, she started to shift - but before she could change back into a woman, she suddenly realized that the army of kits who had been following Vera around were now surrounding her. "Cais ned'jin," she muttered. "They must think I'm their mother..."

4XjHmkg.png

Tag: Zel Sharratt Zel Sharratt

Our people do need to be reminded of our past, both the glories, and the tragedies as we strive toward the future.

Minerva kept those thoughts to herself. As much as she cared about her kin's direction in these present times it is equally important to enjoy life as well. While hearing ruckus with ranycons and several people nearby Minerva ignored it and instead followed Arda who proudly led the way.

Festival music played louder with each new step taken. Sure enough they finally came upon a sizable inn but with a few decorated tables and adjacent seats outside for the occasion. Many locals were already situated and feasting and drinking. Stopping in her tracks Arda looked around and the little girl's puzzled expression turned to joy. Meters away a woman in her early thirties with similar features to Arda came out the inn's entrance with a tray of fresh apple dumplings. Immediately the lady saw Arda and exclaimed.

"There you are, dear, just in time. Great to see you too Wendi and Tyell." Taking note of the two Mandalorians she added while maintaining a friendly smile.

"I see you brought new friends along."

Arda nodded eagerly.

"Oh yes Mom this is Minerva and Zel. They call themselves Mandalorians, they're sorta like knights but not really."

Minerva gave a respectful bow of the head.

"It's an honor to meet you innkeeper. Your daughter is such a treasure."

Arda giggled at the comment while her mother beamed.

"She has a good heart and takes after her grandmother. Call me Lynn. Care to try one of these treats? Considering the holiday it's all on the house"

"Don't mind that I do."

Minerva stepped forward, reaching with the left hand to grab a dumpling and took a bite. Instantly her eyes widened before devouring it in sheer and utter delight. Wiping the crumbs from her mouth the lieutenant remarked.

"So warm and tasty. Thank you so much Lynn."

"My pleasure now Zel it is your turn. Please don't hesitate dear."

Last edited:

f238cead5b5a746a10e13ff238afcac5.gif

Briana_Div_2.png

Wearing: XoXo
Equipment: Lightsaber
Tag: Lily Decoria Lily Decoria
Bri_Prof.png

It’d been well over a Galactic Standard year—at least— since she’d indulged in something as frivolous as a festival, finding it harder and harder to shake off the mounting responsibilities and obligations that often took priority over such joyful occasions.

But, even Briana couldn’t argue that she and her often conflicted Padawan, Lily, desperately needed a break. Progress in Lily's training had come painstakingly slow, but any advancement was better than stagnation. She’d take whatever victories she could get.

As Briana strolled through the lively streets alongside her Padawan, a tangible sense of excitement permeated the air. The harvest festival was in full swing, and vibrant banners adorned every corner, adding splashes of color to the bustling scene. The gentle fragrance of blooming flowers intertwined with the joyful cries of merchants and children, evoking cherished memories of past festivities spent with her own family on Naboo.

“Ukatis really outdid themselves, didn’t they?” she admired, her head tilting slightly as she observed what appeared to be a uniform line of some kind of strange furry critter skittering down the way. Her brow raised in question, but the sound of Lily’s voice snapped her train of thought away from the momentary distraction, bringing her attention back to assess the girl's observation.

“Hmmm.” she replied thoughtfully, folding her arms. “Why don't we watch a couple rounds and see what happens?” Briana suggested, guiding them to a more optimal position where they could get a better view of the next round.

"Now, my friends," the vendor began, thumbing the small wooden cups hiding his dice. "I'll give you a simple wager: if I can't guess the total of your roll, you take home double your credits. Simple enough, isn't it?" The offworlders exchanged glances, excitement flickering in their eyes as they saddled up to the table.

“Watch his hands closely, tell me what you notice.”

Briana_Div_2.png

VVVDHjr.png

VVVDHjr.png
Ukatis Harvest Festival - Ascania - Ukatis
Corazona von Ascania Corazona von Ascania | Inanna Harth Inanna Harth | Cato Harth Cato Harth | Valery Noble Valery Noble | Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble | BB-610 BB-610
VVVDHjr.png

Disappointment. Contempt. Suspicion.

All these faces, Merlyn knew them well, and each of them his own doing or influenced by his course of action. The collector woman. The raycon. The father of the rambunctious child. Others as well, of course. Running a hand through his hair and letting loose a quick sigh, Merlyn slowly put his hand on his knees and stood up to full height. He could not blame them for what they thought of him. It was not unfounded suspicion.

But it was one that told him he was still hidden from all of them. That was good. First impressions mattered and flying under the radar was his. Besides, there were too many people. The children were smiling once more in the arms and presence of their parents. He was not needed for anything here.

He should leave. And leave soon. Although, a tinge of amusement flitted through his mind as the man--who Merlyn assumed to be the rambunctious child's parent--spoke of the council not being one to deliver punishment, but the doctor's attention shifted elsewhere.

A small raise of the eyebrow followed as the raycon revealed to be the . . . mother of the child? His face briefly hardened, especially so as he brought his foot out and turned it to the side, a soft cushion of sorts. Just in case he needed to catch the ball-like droid if it was pushed too far back or too hard from the raycon. Interesting. She possessed force abilities and the best course of action was to scare a child? If the mother had actually been a feral critter instead or had the rambunctious child not tackled her beforehand, a very different situation may have occurred here.

Nothing harmful but, in short, Merlyn knew he would have been certainly less gentle than the tackling child. But he kept his small criticism to himself. No parent was perfect and neither was he. For now, his focus turned to listening in on a few different pieces of conversation happening around him. His eyes scanning the group. The collector was speaking amongst other more fashionable nobility. Their clothes did not quite fit the style of this world nor were the threads woven in any shape or style similar.

Right. No one would miss him if he snuck away. A quick backstep almost resulted in him tripping backwards as his arms flailed for a moment before setting a foot down and righting himself. Leaning forward, his head peered down towards his feet.

Of course. Too many raycons. Their attraction to this area brought on by the child and the mother. And he could not bring himself to risk stepping on the little critters or their tails trying to make his own escape. Too many people too. Not like he can make the critters move without revealing himself. As fun as it would be to have the little beasts dance aside for him and bring smiles and laughter to children and adult alike, it would be sensed by all those present.

Perhaps later in the festivities, when this group had dispersed. For now, a different tactic would be needed here.

"Shoo," Merlyn waved his hands and fingers a few times at the raycons.

Another wave of the hands followed. No amount of the critters looking up at him or tugging at his pants would soften his resolve here. A tactic to earn food from either tourists or even from homeworlders too softhearted to say no. He was sure plenty of them had not gone hungry this whole day.

"I don't have any treats," the ragged man shook his head and crossed his arms, tapping a finger, "Vamoose!"

div-orange.png

Last edited:
Outfit: This
Tag: Briana Sal-Soren Briana Sal-Soren

"It reminds me of festivals held on Eshan, Master. It does seem to be a fun event for the people." Lily commented.

Her attention was then focused on the vendor, she was guided to watching his hands. So Lily shifted in closer and attempted to get a view from the side. Her face given the look of wonder and curiosity that the others held as well. She did not wish to appear to be too observant or sussing him out. He could accuse her of cheating and then she would never get her answers. No, she needed to be just as naïve and as gullible as everyone else watching the show. Only she would know that her eyes were focusing on where they shouldn't be focusing. Seeing what he did not want her to see.

So, she watched. A game passed and she kept mental tabs on what was happening. Nothing she could obviously see from the outset. Second game passed and she still couldn't necessarily see anything deeply obvious in terms of cheating. It was only the tenth game passing that it all clicked in Lily's mind. She had to observe one final game before she could confirm the truth of the matter. Knowing exactly where to look, what she was expecting to see before she saw it and finally the end result, Lily knew she held the answer she was looking for.

Stepping back towards her Master, Lily nodded her head, whispering, "it's the fact that he's switching dice, ones that seem legal and normal to ones that are clearly weighted to fall onto a certain number. Making his guess guaranteed every time. Right?" She sought confirmation since she could have entirely misinterpreted the whole situation.

4XjHmkg.png

Tag: Loomi Loomi | DeadpoolMLP DeadpoolMLP | Dreidi Xeraic Dreidi Xeraic

Z9U36lL.png

Ko listened to the three other Jedi. All of whom expressed that they accompany the Kel Dor for refreshments. “Oh okay, yeah that works too. And I can help ya with the menus too Loomi.” Ko replied to them and offered to help Loomi. He also tried to take Dreidi’s words to heart and avoid the raycon stalls.

As the four Jedit moved more through the marketplace Ko listened to the Witchy One’s question on how Loomi and himself felt about life as a padawan. He thought for a second before replying. “I would say it has been treating me pretty well. I only really started taking the role of a Padawan seriously about two years ago. Although I don’t have a master yet, so my experience is still rather limited.” The teenage Kel Dor explained

Ko looked around a bit to see if any of the food venders would catch his eye. He also wondered what the others might be in the mood for as well. Some of the stalls had pictures and holograms of the food and drinks they had on offer. He imagined that could help Loomi out in deciding what he might want.

I make a 'tsking' sound as I shake my head. "A Lady should never be stood up. I do believe that he is not worth your time or effort." If this was New Cov, then I would have written to the lad's Father about the misbehavior of his son. But it is not New Cov; and the affairs of it's people are none of my business.

I nod as I hear of the health reasons being reason for herself not having a pet. Suppose that I can be allergic as well? One never knows until they are exposed, afterall.

I smile and dip my head as she comments on my dress. If only I could see it in the same way that others do. "Thank you. My Mother had it made for me. And given what many others are wearing, I am beginning to think that I am a bit overdressed. But this style is akin to what we wear at Covie festivals. And it keeps me warm. The temperature here is not as hot here as it is under the domes."

I then ask her something that has been on my mind lately, for it seems as though everyone that I meet outside of New Cov is cut from the same cloth. "If I may inquire Lady Dune, are you one of those Force magicians?"

Tag: Giselle Dune

"Admiral Myneto, is that you?" A grin split the wrinkled face of the old man, crow's feet pinching in delight. He'd lost many comrades along the way and though he and the Admiral had not been close during their time of service, old age had a way of making acquaintances into friends. Unlike the Admiral, Pryce was wearing a simpler spacer's leather jacket - Corellian military surplus, and his pants adorned with his Bloodstripes. Dracken looked the man up and down and clapped him on the shoulder.

"Sending the old man to play errand boy, eh?" The young girl looked up at the two old men and her brow furrowed. "This," he gestured to the pouting girl, "Is my niece, Aljera. She is my sister's youngest." The protocol droid stepped forward at a gesture. "ExDee, do you mind watching after her for a tic? I have a feeling I'll be catching up with an old friend for a bit."

4XjHmkg.png

div1.png

The grin tugging at the corners of his lips burst into a smile as he reciprocated Pryce's warm greeting. Aside from their common Corellian military roots, he and Pryce were not particularly close but after decades of war, seeing a familiar face was a welcome sight. "You know what they say about kids" He started as he noticed the little girl stand close next to the protocol droid. "The galaxy's most valuable resource and its best hope for the future"

Quite an inspiring quote considering how much exactly the galaxy had been through. The destruction of numerous worlds, the deaths of countless trillions, dozens of galaxy spanning wars, the list goes on. Hope was no longer a luxury, it was a necessity in these trying times.

As the protocol droid took charge of Pryce's niece, Zahara couldn't help but notice how much older the man looked since the last time he saw him. Then again, he himself was far older than he liked to admit. Still, he couldn't resist poking some fun at the grizzled military veteran's career choice for his second act.

"If I had to place bets on who would've became a politician, my money would've been on Gascon"

Dracken Pryce Dracken Pryce

Loomi Loomi Ko Vuto Ko Vuto DeadpoolMLP DeadpoolMLP Dreidi Xeraic Dreidi Xeraic

After Fantine picked herself (and her credits) up and dusted herself off, she'd skipped down the midway to the arm of booths that were selling foodstuffs. Apple dumpling were on her mind until she'd overheard a group of people mulling over where to get a drink.

Spinning on her heel, Fantine bounded over to them, her gauzy flower-print dress swishing after her.

"If you're looking for—OH!"

Gasping, the teenager paused and slapped her hands to her face as she found herself staring at a group of strange-looking offworlders.

A girl with yellow skin and antennae, an odd looking squid-man who wore some kind of mask over the lower half of his face, a humanoid feline, and lady with pointy teeth and a lot of eye makeup.

Well aware that gawking seemed rude, she tried to play it off.

"I love your flower crowns!" She gushed, reaching up to adjust one of the blooms in Loomi's hair before it fell away. "You're not from Ukatis, are you? You're from off-world right? You have to be, because you don't look like—I mean it's not bad—er, well, we don't get a lot of interesting people here!"

Frantically waving her hands in front of her face, Fantine took a deep breath to stay her babbling. Father had always chided her for talking too much.

"Anyway, I can help you if you're looking for something good to drink!"

"If you're looking for—OH!"

Loomi found herself flush red again. Why did she keep finding herself in such weird scenarios? At least this stranger seemed to not be very malicious in her gawking, even if it was embarrassing. Loomi did beam a little at the compliment to her flower crowns. It seemed to be genuine, at least as far as she could tell.

"Th-thank you," she stammered, attempting to recompose herself. "We're not from here, yeah. I'm from..."

Where was she from? Loomi still didn't know. She stood there a little bit too long trying to think of somewhere, which only made her more flustered.

"...Coruscant," Loomi finally settled on. "Yeah."

The girl, who had introduced herself as Fantine (followed by a title Loomi wasn't focused enough to recognize), offered to show them a good place to get drinks at the festival. That seemed good enough for her. The Godoan figured it would be easier to find a good place with a local guide, then she'd simply order what Ko was getting to avoid revealing her poor reading comprehension.

"That sounds nice," the padawan nodded. "I'd like that if everyone else would?"

GA-Main.png

OUTFIT: x
TAG: Corazona von Ascania Corazona von Ascania | Desric Terassi Desric Terassi | Open

4XjHmkg.png

"And no, though I am not used to interacting with animals." Some Serennians used steeds recreationally, but his family had always favoured repulsorcraft.

I hummed at Desric's remark. Interesting. From my experience, Serenno nobles love animals. The five times I went to visit, I've always seen the Borgins doing something with animals, either it be steeds, birds, or dogs. Maybe it differs per family. I can notice, however, that Desric is not fully against the idea of interacting with the racyon, as he eventually came around to pet her. Cute.

Just as we started to walk in the other direction, we were faced with an interesting scene. There, I saw a kid getting chased by a racyon, while another kid with her own pack of racyon is chasing the latter. Throw in an astromech droid, wait, is that a First Order BB-610 droid? It seemed modified, but still, a very strange sighting in a Galactic Alliance sanctioned event. Either way, it was pure chaos. The one racyon who somehow can talk got picked up by the kid, who turns out to be Valery Noble Valery Noble 's daugther.
and... was that Vera Noble? "... that was unexpected."

"She has that energetic vigor of her mom, doesn't she?"

My mind took me back to the encounter I had with Valery. Full of energy, full of hope. It's rare to sight, at least among the few Jedi I know, but I personally think it's refreshing. Nothing is creepier to me than soulless monks preaching detachment from the self, there's just something sinister beneath that in my mind.

Amidst the ensuing chaos, another figure is approaching. A short, blonde and blue-eyed marvel dressed like a goddess. A shining wedding ring around her finger caught my attention. I shall not fall to the same trap I did with Valery, especially not when the stake is this high. This is the Princess of Ukatis, Corazona von Cholmondeley. I noticed that her face formed a grin when she was approaching Desric. Given their political standings, it's not a surprise that they would know one another well.
"Corazona von-"

She paused, her smile tightening just slightly when she remembered to use her married name.

"…Cholmondeley. Princess of Ukatis."

"Thania Petrui. It's an honor to meet you, Princess."

There is something, a jitter perhaps, in the way she introduced herself. Still getting used to the new family name, I suppose. Her childhood story is an alluring one, reminds me of the childhood I have never granted. It is as weird the hundred times as it was the first time, mingling around the aristocrats. I have never been intended for this life, yet I practically have been part of that, even if just on the outer crust, for so long. Don't get me wrong, my family never had to struggle, we are a blessed upper-middle class family on a planet where wealth is everything. Yet, the nobility is a whole different beast. There are so many things, from tiny gestures to the specific ways they are receiving each one of their guests that will never come natural for me. Sure, I am aware of those details and artifacts, but I have to actively do the specific actions, something that will forever separate me from their kinds, no matter how much time I've spent with them.

After a while, I noticed that Princess Corazona's attention has been taken to somewhere else. To Valery. As far as I know, they were padawan and master, but that doesn't explain the discerning look that the Princess is giving. I doubt that there is a bad blood between them, if there is one it would be a heavily talked gossip amongst the GA population. A princess and a Jedi grandmaster. Perhaps, it is the young guy Valery is talking to, a guy that I am not familiar with. I should ask Desric about him if the opportunity arises, perhaps he knows more.
Wiping the surprise from her face, she turned back to Desric and his friend with a wry smile.

"The racyon seem to be doing more for public relations than any diplomatic delegation could."

"Indeed they are, cute animals are always the best remedy for a tense relationship."

As the old saying goes, you charm the coldest adversaries with a banquet. Or something better. The racyons are certainly better, and I would probably earn millions if I were one. I smiled at the Princess as I continue to pet the clingy racyon. A smile is always the best response to this uneasy and uncertain feelings. Either it will make the other party calmer, or it will make them jitters even more. Reactions, that's what I'm trying to gauge. Reactions always result in information, and information, no matter how irrelevant they are, is key in my line of work. It's a bottle of fine wine. You store it, you hoard it, you save it for a special occasion, and then you smash someone's face with it.​

GADividerWhite.png

Giselle Dune

G
"A Lady should never be stood up. I do believe that he is not worth your time or effort."

"Heh. You can say that again." Was Giselle bothered by the fact that she had been stood up? Yes. Another part of her was sort of relieved, for it meant the status quo remained. Courting could be fun, but it also involved a great deal of anxiety and uncertainty. Not courting at least meant she was spared of all that trouble.

Liin explained that her mother had had the dress made for her. "Well, the tailor did a good job," Giselle said. "Practical, too, if it's keeping you warm."

"If I may inquire Lady Dune, are you one of those Force magicians?"

The question seemed to come out of nowhere. Giselle paused in her constant snacking, a piece of chocolate in her hand frozen halfway to her mouth. "No," she replied. "I'm not a Jedi, that is. Not yet..."

She added the last part in a mumbling near-whisper. Recent testing (mandatory for all planets joining the Alliance) had proven that Giselle was, in fact, sensitive to the Force. The news had not come as a complete shock - other members of her family, such as her cousins Lief Lief and Corazona von Ascania Corazona von Ascania , were also Force Sensitive, and for much of her life Giselle had experienced strange and unexplained "feelings" about the world around her. But despite this, Giselle was not exactly comfortable with the idea, and she was even less happy at the prospect of being sent away for Jedi training like Eli and Cora had been. It was part of why she tolerated dates with potential suitors. Finding a match would mean she wouldn't be sent away.

"Why do you ask?" She raised an eyebrow, one corner of her mouth curling upward in a half-smile. "Are you a Force magician, Miss Terallo?"

Normally I would raise a brow as she murmbled the last part. But as of late it had become so common place that such a revelation no longer surprise me.

As if reading my thoughts, the Lady Dune asked a question that I had often wondered if anyone would ever ask me. Yet none ever had until now. I offered a small chuckle as I shook my head. "Heavens no. I do not believe that many Covie are capable of such a thing. More often than not, it is just something that occurs among offworlders." Unless there are some that keep it a secret. Of that I cannot be entirely certain. However my ring is sure to reveal any such secrets, no matter how hard someone tries to hide it. The ring never fails.

"I am merely curious as it seems as though everyone that I meet as of late is a Force magician. I cannot help but feel as though it will put me in quite a disadvantage in the future."

Tag: Giselle Dune

Last edited:

Giselle Dune

G
Liin wasn't a "Force magician", just curious about them. Giselle was inclined to agree that many of the people in the upper echelons of society seemed to have some degree of Force sensitivity these days. It was rather concerning, if she were being honest - but then, she was technically one of them, and was certainly disinclined to give up her position of wealth and privilege.

"I am merely curious as it seems as though everyone that I meet as of late is a Force magician. I cannot help but feel as though it will put me in quite a disadvantage in the future."

"Maybe," Giselle said, finally resuming her snacking. "There are ways of evening the playing field, from what I've heard. People will buy pet lizards which can block out the Force. They even say that the Prince of Ukatis gave his wife a trinket with a stone that has a similar effect." The rumor had some truth to it, as the reader knows, although Giselle had been told it was a fabergé egg, not the Princess' wedding ring. "If worse comes to worst, you could always hire a Force magician as a bodyguard. Our king has courtly sorcerers to protect him from their powers."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom