Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Sith Council disbanded?!

They're just the Overseers of certain operations within the 'galactic sectors' of the Galaxy, all working towards a centralized goal as well as their own personal goals that usually tie in with the centralized goal.

Christian Slade

In Darkness I Thrive
Darth Vornskr said:
The Dark Lord is a plot point, a reason for why these Sith would come together. His backstory continues off some hundred years after the One Sith went into hiding after their defeat, and he's the only Sith that was immersed in the One Sith teachings since he was a child. He's the only one qualified enough to lead a One Sith faction, and he's an NPC to prevent the petty squabbling that plagued the Sith for so long.
The "Dark Lord" is a farce and a waste of your time. You cling to it because of tradition or because you want to keep it in alignment with Sith Lore or whatever, fine, but as long as it's not a real character, it's never going to hold any weight for me and I'm sure I'm not the only one who sees it that way. If someone fears the Council more than they fear the Dark Lord then it's all backwards and the Dark Lord becomes a moot point anyway.

Basically, what I'm seeing, is that it's just there for your enjoyment as well as the others who write the Dark Lord until someone god modes and kills him off to try and become Dark Lord and then you have a Poopstorm because you didn't take any precautions to ensure that this doesn't happen. Then you have a breakdown from the inside because there never was a "Dark Lord" because there was never a point to having one to begin with and then people will start asking the same question. "Why did we have a Dark Lord again?... when we could have just had the Council of Sith Lords lead us... cuz ya know they're actually there. We can see them... talk to them... but we never saw a Dark Lord. We only heard about him... Hmmmm... What actually is a Dark Lord? What did he ever really do anyway? Meh, we're better off."

We've taken every precaution to ensure the Dark Lord doesn't get lolkilled.

To every active member of the One Sith, the Dark Lord is a clear and present entity that has touched their minds. They know he is real, and they know why they banded together with him. We're not doing all this just for the Dark Lord, far from it; we're working with the singular goal in mind that has been the staple of the One Sith ever since it was created. The Dark Lord is the character that brought all of us together, and without him the One Sith never would've formed. We'd rather not let the petty ambitions of those who think more for themselves than they do for an actual long-term goal rip us apart.

... Sith can't exist without a Dark Lord. :p That's why you disbanded. And after all, One Sith is all about the vision and the Dark Lord (who should be an NPC). We are trying to remake the canon One Sith, not a new one which has nothing to do with the previous one.

Christian Slade

In Darkness I Thrive
See, if you want to say The One Sith was run soooo much better because they're still around, go ahead. Say your ideas were better. Say your faction was better. Say your NPC Dark Lord stuff worked.

At the end of the day, though, one person bailed on all of his members. That's not a faction breakdown, that's one person being a coward. In your case, though, I don't see you guys doing anything. You just exist, which is I guess more than I can say for the Sith Council, but I know that I had more than just "Plans" or "Intentions". I actually did stuff.

I'd rather a faction fold ten times over than just barely breathe. It least a faction that lives and then folds actually lived at all.

Christian Slade

In Darkness I Thrive
Darth Vornskr said:
We've taken every precaution to ensure the Dark Lord doesn't get lolkilled.

To every active member of the One Sith, the Dark Lord is a clear and present entity that has touched their minds. They know he is real, and they know why they banded together with him. We're not doing all this just for the Dark Lord, far from it; we're working with the singular goal in mind that has been the staple of the One Sith ever since it was created. The Dark Lord is the character that brought all of us together, and without him the One Sith never would've formed. We'd rather not let the petty ambitions of those who think more for themselves than they do for an actual long-term goal rip us apart.
Doing all of what? I haven't seen you guys do anything. That's part of my problem.

[member="Christian Slade"]

Remember our duel in the Sith Council and how I couldn't access the forum to finish it when I was IP banned? I think that's what the One Sith is doing, RPing on their forum to keep things hush hush, and occasionally doing rp on the public forum.

We've had a couple of threads including most of the One Sith members, including the Skirmish at Fondor against the Protectorate, and the thread where the One Sith make an expedition to the planet holding the Carbonite Sith Army, while fighting Mandalorians at the same time.

Like I said, most of it is individual stuff leading up to the bigger faction events.

Christian Slade

In Darkness I Thrive
Darth Vornskr said:
Most of the things being done are individual things, but in June is when the One Sith really begins to ramp up in speed.
So how many months have you guys actually been a faction? 3? 4? 5? I want to think that you got started around when the Sith Council did, but I'm not sure. There's been so many factions that I don't honestly know, but I do know that you've been around at least a few months and you're going to tell me that JUNE is your target month and that things will really start to happen when next month rolls around. Lol. What have you been doing since conception? Hanging out and recruiting? Anything else?

Christian Slade

In Darkness I Thrive
Krest said:
[member="Christian Slade"]

Remember our duel in the Sith Council and how I couldn't access the forum to finish it when I was IP banned? I think that's what the One Sith is doing, RPing on their forum to keep things hush hush, and occasionally doing rp on the public forum.
Oh so they're doing things behind closed doors. That's supposed to mean something to someone who otherwise knows no better? I realize that you are writing with one another in your faction privately, but that does no one else that can't see that any good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom