Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Next Event

C'mon now. Let's not call people out or point fingers.

If you guys remember, Clockwork wasn't the great event we remember it to be, and myself and Staff dropped the ball on it for nearly two weeks, letting it never truly end. It was a fun, wild concept, I thought - but not really the wild success story that Roche and Dark Harvest turned out to be.

Jack Sheltrak

Senator of Zeltros, Former Supreme Chancellor
The Dark Harvest was fun but I had a good time in Valan. The idea of dominioning a planet and battling in a more personal way was a good one. The distance between some of the factions who could fight each other was the only downside. The next one will be something to see and looking forward to it Tef.

Syn said:
You know circe is right the space battle was the fault of someone. I mean they refused to post for five-six days and had to be moved by the only active member of the faction willing thus putting 16 fleets under that persons control. Circe is completely right the question is? Who refused to post?
We can disagree over who specifically was responsible for the Space battle being such a poor time for the people involved. What we do agree on is that it was a poor time for those involved. I applaud @[member="Tegaea Alcori"] for intending future modifications to the next ship battle to prevent something like this from occurring again.

And I can also agree with Syn on Dark Harvest. While there were significant bumps in the road as part of the event, the storyline was intriguing and the threads were certainly worth participating in. It gave me an excuse to bring the flamethrowers out and watch insane Omega Protectorate troops jump 30 feet in the air and into the fire, not to mention the final battle against the infested Yuuzhan Vong starships. Hence the reason why my concept for the next event was based off how Dark Harvest was done.

Though I liked the general concept of Valen, it felt more like a stretched out dominion than an actual galaxy-wide event. I mean, cortosis and other resources and the like can be found in other places around the galaxy. Same with those ships and whatnot, but those are event-sanctioned anyways.

To me, events need to be out of the ordinary. Something big to shake the whole galaxy like the Gulag Plague or the Dark Harvest infection. I was a new member when Roche was happening, but I heard lots of good things about that and even read some of the posts. I don't think that events should just be for those who want to win. In Roleplaying, winning or losing doesn't really matter. I really just like hanging out with some flipping awesome people and writing stories together. I admit that I've been in a few threads on here that I did just to "win", but that mindset only caused OOC friction between the other writers and the thing soon died out.

I just want some stories. Most of the people are posting things along the lines of another Yuuzhan Vong invasion and I see good reasoning in it. It's marvelous story material. Just look at all of the Expanded Universe books written on the Yuuzhan Vong war, they're everywhere! I think the invasion scenario would be fun to do, would change around the galaxy map as far as faction standing, and be a massive interest in the playerbase to develop characters and do some amazing roleplaying.

Jsc

Disney's Princess
SWRP Tower Defense. Factions are grouped co-op by 2 or 3. Then every group picks a single planet to defend. Than another group decides what Custom Alien Species(?) to throw at them in the form of an overwhelming Invasion. Chips fall where they may and the fallout can effect the Map afterwards.

*idk, I'm just farting ideas* :p

To comment on the rewards or the incentives for events, if we are looking for something out of an event, I'd like to emphasize something more basic. Why do we login and write? I'm not talking about what you write, but the very action. Could be about anything, but the point is that we don't login to write because we get a materialistic reward out of it. Most of the time we don't get a reward out of it. We login and write with others because that's what we want to do. An event should, at it's core and foundation, be about the same thing. When rewards are involved, people come together not because they want to be but because they'll get something out of it. That should not be what this site is about. The moment it does, we lose respect for it. If we want an event, it must be for participation, not the rewards.

On another note, I think we should build up to something climatic =) Events happen across the entire spectrum of the fractions in separate threads, eventually leading up to one thread that results in a climax. It shouldn't end there though. It should fluctuate back and forth, many threads to one thread then back to many. This way, we have galactic threads, while also tailoring the event to suit the fraction to make it so that the event becomes more personal for that fraction. However long this takes is up to the staff, but I think it should go back and forth between climatic and many, whether it starts as one or the other. An event should take time, in my opinion, spanning a long period of time, whether it's years RP wise, or several months IRL while it's only a few days in the RP. One thread is alright to manage and it'll be up to the fractions themselves to manage their respective threads I think.

That's my two cents =)

Jay Scott Clark said:
SWRP Tower Defense. Factions are grouped co-op by 2 or 3. Then every group picks a single planet to defend. Than another group decides what Custom Alien Species(?) to throw at them in the form of an overwhelming Invasion. Chips fall where they may and the fallout can effect the Map afterwards.

I think it's a cool idea. It might give something to do for minor factions, too... :D

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
Jay Scott Clark said:

Jay's on fire with good ideas. I'd drop everything for this. Could easily weave it into the galactic war idea -- I know a lot of factions who could throw suitable enemies at people. Just off the top of my head, Fringe could send waves of Ssi-Ruuk or Rakata against a tower defense setup for folks. Stormtroopers are always fun. Etc., etc. love it, Jay.

-Death Star, it's utterly cray I know, but hey, sounds fun.

-Galactic Civil War: The Empire gains dominance, and the remnants of the other factions band together to form the TRA and fight for freedom

-Alternate Dimension attacks: Fight your alternates and so on

And, I support the idea of a Jedi Civil War fully.

FOR AN IDEA: There could be a thing where people will randomly become the opposite gender when they wake up. and so they have to try and find a way to return back to normal, or they can stay the same. The only problem that I can see with this is the details for the back story, and droids and transgender people.

Xynar said:
FOR AN IDEA: There could be a thing where people will randomly become the opposite gender when they wake up. and so they have to try and find a way to return back to normal, or they can stay the same. The only problem that I can see with this is the details for the back story, and droids and transgender people.
As stupid as I think this is... I absolutely love it. Trans can become more like their opposite gender, and droids can have their personality chips swapped for those of the other gender.

Circe Savan said:
As stupid as I think this is... I absolutely love it. Trans can become more like their opposite gender, and droids can have their personality chips swapped for those of the other gender.
Glad that I'm not the only person who likes this idea. But I mean wonder what the girls will think when they no longer have.....natural flotation devices. and instead have....... a new set of jewels.

Jsc

Disney's Princess
Xynar said:
Glad that I'm not the only person who likes this idea. But I mean wonder what the girls will think when they no longer have.....natural flotation devices. and instead have....... a new set of jewels.
Your either twelve years old or a secret Staff Member. The plot thickens. :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom