Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Faction The Journey of a Thousand Miles [Mastering Ceremony] [Jedi+Friends]

RxzceEC.jpg

Jedi Enclave Courtyard, The Vonnuvi Herdship
Valery Noble Valery Noble - Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble - Kassogtha Cthylla Kassogtha Cthylla - Jasper Kai'el Jasper Kai'el - Zark San Tekka Zark San Tekka - Alicio Organa Alicio Organa - Eloise Dinn Eloise Dinn - Acaadi Acaadi - Others​

Today was a day that lived in the greatest dreams of the once-padawan Amani Serys. One that she strove for before ever even becoming a Jedi. Now that she stood here, it felt dreamlike. A storybook that was bound to close any moment now. But it didn't. Amani was draped in thick, ceremonial robes, surrounded by loved ones, friends, and peers from every stage of her journey. The missing faces stung a little more today, but the pride she finally allowed herself to feel in her own accomplishments, and the support of those who had come with her all this way, assured a bright and endless smile across Amani's face. She never would have gotten here without them.

Around this ceremony was a bright-skied atrium. The courtyard of the Vonnuvi Jedi Enclave. It was decorated in lush garden life, trickling fountains and serene pools. One wouldn't think they were inside of a ship right now just looking at the space, and the artificial sky above. That was just one of the hardship's many charms, in Amani's eyes. It only made sense that the ceremony happen here. The Vonnuvi Enclave was small, unassuming on the galactic stage, but she poured her heart and soul into its construction. For Amani it was one of her greatest steps into a role of leadership among her fellow Jedi, and it represented the best parts of herself and her service. An organization dedicated to helping others. To making the galaxy a brighter place. And if it had done that for just one person, it had been worth it.

But it had done so much more than that. And so had Amani, as humbly as she would ever react to such a claim. The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step. For Amani, that journey and taken her through soaring highs and tragic lows that most people could only imagine. And it all brought her here now, waiting in heavy anticipation for the ceremony to begin. She stood taller, and stronger, than ever. Not as a Jedi Knight.

But as a Jedi Master.

Almost 4 years and 2.5k posts later, Amani had finally earned the rank of Jedi Master. I wanted to celebrate that, if you'll excuse a little bit of self-indulgence for once. If you have been involved in Amani's journey at any point, I very much welcome you to join and participate if you can. Other Jedi and close allies are also more than welcome. Some of her now-fellow Masters will begin the ceremony by saying a few things about her and her service. If you have anything you'd like to say as well afterwards, or simply just wish to attend the event, by all means do so.

As usual with my social threads, please don't try to derail or ruin the experience. That's mean.

Acaadi had been there at Amani's very first week at the Silver Sanctum. Their paths had gone in very different directions.

Back then, he had been certain that he would become a jedi knight. Academically talented and from a supportive family, he had found his first year there easy. The rest of his training had been anything but easy. He'd been involved in wars, tortured by a sith alongside Kyra and wounded by the Bryn'adul.

After stepping back from the Silver Jedi, he'd carried out a degree in engineering, sponsored by the Alliance naval academy. He was a pilot now. Doing what had always been his passion.

And here was Amani. Jedi Master and healer. This was, he thought, where she was supposed to be.

Disappearing in a set of men's traditional coarseweave Jedi robes (the only ones she could find that were big enough to fit her modestly), Eloise wasn't especially comfortable, but at least she looked somewhat respectable. As Amani's rarely-seen Padawan, she was obliged to attend.

She had never been on the Vonnuvi before, though she had heard Amani speak of it and her role as the head of the Jedi Enclave there. It was... fine. She hated space stations as a general rule, almost as much as she hated ecumenopolises. Admittedly the picture she'd developed in her head was much less flattering, amounting to a hippy-dippy new age colony in space, but this was much more tolerable.

Standing in the audience, she clasped her hands behind her back and waited for the ceremony to begin.

jasper_rune_banner.png

Holo-Message
Tags: Amani Serys Amani Serys

shield_core_divider_NEW.png

<Greetings, Master Amani.>

Jasper had sent a message in rather than going in person. The reason? He couldn't. An astronomical event on the planet Senterra prevented him from leaving, which was the main force keeping him away from the celebration for Amani's promotion. So, at the very least, the knight wanted to send in some words of support for her. She had been one of his teachers during the war after all, and was a fellow councilmember.

<Sorry I can't make it. Some weird celestial thing is keeping me stuck. Can't exactly get back without getting torn apart by an asteroid field. I'm sure multiple people are going to tell you how much you've earned this, so I won't linger on it too long, but I think we all know that you've been Master material. Don't feel bad about leaving me behind in Knight rank now, ya hear? 'Young, inexperienced hotshot' fit me far better anyways. Have the Nobles spoil you on my behalf. Take care.>

He'd get around to congratulating her in person eventually. For now that would have to do...

AllianceDiscordIcon2.png

To Knight Si, hearing that today would be the anointing of a new jedi master was a spectacle of it's own. It was a destination that she too hoped she could one day reach. Maybe it was wishful thinking on her part. Her training had been unconventional in the best interpretation of it, and she wondered if Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble even recognized it as valid at this point, given his words about her mother. Maybe that was just anxiety speaking, but Jonyna had never been one to quell such thoughts well.

But to hear it was Amani? The woman who had, in the last few months, given Jonyna the opportunity to learn a skill she had always neglected. Anami had taken Jonyna in with kindness, teaching her how to read with a patience that Jonyna didn't think she could ever muster. To find out that she had been promoted to the rank that the cathar had long dreamed of reaching, that was a moment to celebrate.

She had spent the last few hours prettying herself up, applying what to her was traditional Cathar formal wear. She'd done it several times before, but it was always a hassle. Dying her hair strand by strand, hand painting her face. It was tedious, but it felt like a ritual at this point.

The station this all took place on was a bit of a hassle to find. Jonyna had hoped she wouldn't be late, but she had taken the time to prep the night before, letting her droid Dice do the calculations.

As she arrived, she looked out on the massive station, making a mental note to come back here some day. It was quaint, and could make for a good training space...

Now to find Amani in this maze...

Tag: OPEN

RxzceEC.jpg

Jedi Enclave Courtyard
Aboard the
Vonnuvi
- Amani Serys Amani Serys - Others -

"Mommy!" The sudden shrill squeal of an excited little girl cut through the din of the gathered Jedi.

"Liana, quiet honey. Shh..."

"Mooommy~..." The half-Mirialan waved enthusiastically at Amani.

Alicio let an easy smile shine through, feeling the tug of his hand as their little girl tried to pull them both to Amani. The toddler was surprisingly strong, but thankfully, her father was still a little stronger, rooting them both so as not to get in the way of the ceremony. Thankfully, the twin holding his other hand was a little calmer, at least for the moment. August stared up at the closest of the Jedi in attendance, sucking his own fingers in stunned awe.

The Count had figured Amani's ascension would be coming soon. She was a constant point of counsel and wisdom in his life. Excellent Jedi Master material, if one were to ask him. She had her husband's full support, which was what had inspired the family wardrobe for today. Alicio wore his usual dark colors, but with a flash of color, alongside Lia's blue ribbons around her tiny pigtails, and August's cute little blue bowtie.

Alicio knew how much this day meant to Amani. She'd dreamt of being a Jedi Master, when she was a farmgirl on Tython. So of course, her family was here to support her. In Liana and August's cases, perhaps a bit too enthusiastically.

Alicio didn't know how long he could hold the Organa scions back.

RxzceEC_d.webp

Vonnuvi Herdship
div-orange.png
Outfit: Factory Link | Wedding Ring
Tag: Amani Serys Amani Serys Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble Kassogtha Cthylla Kassogtha Cthylla Jasper Kai'el Jasper Kai'el Zark San Tekka Zark San Tekka Jonyna Si Jonyna Si Alicio Organa Alicio Organa Acaadi Acaadi Eloise Dinn Eloise Dinn

Valery would never claim that she was quite as excited about today as Amani herself, but she'd be lying if she said that she hadn't been looking forward to this moment. It was a rare thing for a Jedi Knight to become a Jedi Master, especially in recent years, but if one Jedi within the Order had earned it, Amani Serys would be the one. To celebrate the moment, many of her friends and peers had gathered for an official ceremony, and as one of her closest friends, Valery felt honored to start things off.

"Welcome everybody, and thank you for showing your support by attending this important moment. In a moment, we will begin the official part of this ceremony, but before we do, I'd like to take a moment to say a few words, and offer others a chance to do the same." Her gaze first shifted to her fellow Council Members, who she hoped would offer their perspectives on the path Amani had to walk to get here.

Then she looked at her best friend, and offered her a warm smile.

"Many years ago, I met Jedi Knight Amani Serys on the Prosperity to discuss a serious concern — she had lost her connection to the Force and we agreed on a plan to try and restore it. I took her to the planet Spintir to face several trials in a Temple once built to help Jedi reconnect with the Light Side of the Force, and ever since that day, she became a beacon for us all. Together, Amani and I have been through a lot, and she has saved my life several times as both a healer and a friend. She has been there for me during some of the most difficult times in my life, and always showed her support to celebrate the good moments."

"I know many others who can say the same thing."

"Over the years of her service, she has grown into the role of our Chief Healer as Councilor, and played a crucial role during the last war and the recovery time afterwards. Today, we stand within an Enclave who can rely on her leadership, and have learned to trust her guidance no matter how difficult the times ahead might be. Her presence and legacy reaches across the stars, and now it is time for her to be recognized for all of her efforts."

"Knight Serys, thank you for all that you've done, and I'm proud that I can call you a friend."

Valery's smile brightened a little before she stepped back to offer others a chance to say what they'd like to say. Afterwards, she was ready to make things official.

ᴏɴᴇꜱ ᴀɴᴅ ᴢᴇʀᴏᴇꜱ

bb610.png

GADividerBlue.png

| LOCATION: The Vonnuvi Herdship |
| TAG: Amani Serys Amani Serys | Valery Noble Valery Noble | Open! ♥ |

As he rolled before the gathering at Valery's side, BB-610 would depart to stand by his fellow attendees. He'd not been present to see too many Knights make it to Masters, but he was more than happy to accompany his family and show his support toward his friend. The droid hadn't known Amani as intimately as many others, but she had always been nice; that was his only requirement for liking somebody, and Amani had given him strength amidst the hardships of Ukatis, and she'd been a loving family friend far longer than he'd been around for. Maybe they would grow closer in due time - a fleeting thought, however nice it was. She had earned this momentous occasion, and he'd dressed prepared for it.

Dressed, of course, referring to the snazzy bowtie he'd worn to Amani and Alicio's wedding, as well as two lengths of rope wrapped around his chassis, belonging to two balloons that floated a few feet above his head; both green - obviously - and both adorned in crudely written scribbles that read 'CONGRAT S AMA N I!' on one balloon, and BB-610's best attempt at drawing a heart on the other. Art wasn't exactly easy with only his utility arm to work with, but he'd insisted on writing it himself. Amani deserved as much, he thought.

There lingered an unorthodox feeling within his core, as was often the case with celebrated milestones and ceremonies. The people around him grew, they matured, they blossomed from a Padawan to a Knight to a Master, they aged, they changed. BB-610 felt stagnant, with nothing of the sort to look forward to. Static, unmoving; it was mildly unsettling, to see the galaxy change around him while his developments felt few and far between, too scarce to truly be noted. He didn't quite like thinking of Vera when she was old while he remained as he always has been and always will be.

His optic adjusted, flaring as reality bled back into view, whatever existential dread he'd just unnervingly experienced washed away by the sound of Valery's voice. BB-610 pushed the intrusive thoughts to the back of his droidbrain, and instead focused on her speech. Today wasn't a day for those kinds of woes - Amani had come a long way, and he'd rather not taint his recollection of her big day with sour hypotheticals.

The astromech wobbled, side to side with a proud bweep, swaying his balloons in hopes of getting Master Amani's attention so she could read them. It wasn't natural for a droid to express its feelings, but BB-610 sincerely hoped that she could sense the joy he felt on her behalf.

GADividerBlue.png

Last edited:
Alicio Organa Alicio Organa Amani Serys Amani Serys

Among the gathered crowd, Cora found herself next to a wide-eyed toddler sucking his thumb. "Hello there," She waved to August with a bright smile, the child seemingly captivated with the traditional flowing Jedi robes she'd chosen for this event. "You look quite fetching in your bowtie, young man!"

Her attention traveled upwards, to the boy's father. The last time she'd spoken with Alicio, it had been to express her congratulations during his wedding with Amani, which included wishing them many healthy children. It appeared that the Organas had taken her blessing to heart.

"It's good to see you again, Senator." The blonde dipped her head in greeting. "Congratulations on your wife's promotion. I'm glad to be here to witness it."

A promotion well deserved. She'd always admired Amani's ability to remain steady and cool-headed during dire situations. The Mirialian Jedi had helped her several times, including one particular difficult instance while she was on Ukatis. Cora didn't know what she would have done without Amani's reassuring presence and guidance, and consequently looked to the healer as someone to emulate.

The Padawan nodded along to Valery's speech, her gaze drifting over to Bee and his balloons, eyes crinkling faintly in amusement. It wasn't every day that the Order crowned a Jedi Master, and the turnout was telling of just how many lives Amani Serys had touched.

This was the first mastering ceremony Shan was going to see, but not only that, the more important fact was that it was with someone who had given him faith in his abilities. Given him confidence and taken him out on an actual mission. So even if Shan had his own problems, they could go on hold for today. He had went out of his way to try and actually look like he made an effort to look presentable and smart.

For now, he stood off towards the back of the crowd. Being able to see the ceremony was all that he needed. A small smile on his face as he folded his arms along his front. He could only imagine being in Amani's position. Amani was one of the many reasons why Shan wanted to further his healing abilities, and become a better Jedi. The mission they had been on had helped Shan gain both confidence in his healing skills, but also his combat skills. He couldn't think of anyone else who was most deserving to be a Master.

There were plenty of other people he knew, scattered around the Enclave but Shan was going to just wait until the Jedi Council had finished speaking before he was going to speak to anyone. He wanted to hear their every word. Words of wisdom were always enjoyable to come by.

Tags: Open

We will either find a way, or make one.
I learned from my mother and father, but I am not them!
jedi_master_male___concept_design_by_ron_faure_dao0fwq-414w-2x.jpg

[Any text in brackets signifies comm-link usage and not face to face conversation]
SECTOR: Vonnuvi Herdship, Gathering Courtyard
MISSION: Supporting a fellow Jedi
TAGS: Amani Serys Amani Serys / Valery Noble Valery Noble / Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble / Kassogtha Cthylla Kassogtha Cthylla / Jasper Kai'el Jasper Kai'el / Zark San Tekka Zark San Tekka / Alicio Organa Alicio Organa / Eloise Dinn Eloise Dinn / Acaadi Acaadi

They're here.

Mother and Father were here, he could feel their presence. That was good, they needed to be. Connell wasn't sure that he belonged here, but knew that meant all the more that he should be there too. Am…Master Serys had a long and tumultuous journey to this point, one that would harshly question the resolve of even the single most devoted Jedi, yet here she was. So maybe she was that Jedi. That makes sense. It made him respect her that much more.

Though the young Jedi Knight was of the Guardian archetype, he respected the healers, they were the ones who represented what the Jedi were meant to be in his mind. Here Amani stood, no longer hiding or in the background. She was already a member of the Council, but this was "icing on the cake", true, Jedi do not strive for personal success(or shouldn't anyway), but she deserves this and hopefully the Mirialian healer will be able to step back and enjoy it.

Mother and Father were nearby, they were keeping their distance from him, that made Connell wonder why, but it was a conversation for another time, right now it was time to go and congratulate the new Master. Slowly and respectfully approaching, Connell offered a deep bow and words of encouragement.

Master Serys, I was asked the other day what it meant to be a "Jedi" and I could not truly answer them. I now know, and I am looking at the embodiment of what it means. You are an inspiration and not only am I honored to be here and proud to have witnessed this. May the Force ever be with you.

Last edited:
Be careful what you wish for.

The last thing that evil wants...

76682.gif

resonant-staff-hilt-lit-6.png

"Vanguard" (Secondary - Long Handle)
0cf9376e75158d86a4aaeac9fb408128.jpg

"CONSERVATOR" (Primary - Long Handle)
Robes, Battle Armor,Toraynor-Henkan(mind crystal added) Advanced Jedi Utility Belt
Starship: Spectre, HK-88 (NC-1000 X-wing (Jedi Variant) in the hangar, Dilorian, and Bike both in the cargo bay, the late Karki Eusith's Armor, Shield, Temple Guard Lightsaber mounted on the wall)
Foes:
Allies: Amani Serys Amani Serys / Valery Noble Valery Noble / Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble / Kassogtha Cthylla Kassogtha Cthylla / Jasper Kai'el Jasper Kai'el / Zark San Tekka Zark San Tekka / Alicio Organa Alicio Organa / Eloise Dinn Eloise Dinn / Acaadi Acaadi

”Challenges and setbacks are a part of life. Learn how to manage your reactions to difficult situations and you’ll be unstoppable."​

It had been a while since he had been to Coruscant, let alone the Jedi Temple, but the big man had made a promise to his wife and honored those wishes. The old man was not doing this (and neither was his wife) to be "stand-offish" or anything, but it was not his time to be out in the galaxy anymore. It was Connell's, and he would not stand in the boy's way. That does not mean he can't congratulate an old colleague on attaining the level of Master. True, he did not know Amani all that well from their time back in Concord, but they did know each other and this was a good way to say "hello" to others. Like the Nobles, and San Tekka for instance.

When he was Knighted so long ago, Caltin was delusional enough to think that he would never be able to step down because the galaxy needed him. That even seeped over to Masterhood, but now? Now he was more than happy to see the Jedi and ("somewhat") peace flourishing. His normal landing berth was occupied, no surprise, it was Connell, so they were in the guest area. It was good though as the big man was able to show Chrysa around.

When everyone was called to the courtyard, that was when they would make their way there, slowly, Connell was up ahead of them and no doubt he did not want to be around them right now. No, he wasn't angry at his parents, but he was trying so hard to be his own person, it was disappointing, but not his fault and understandable. Neither of them would intrude right now, it was time for others to make their referrals and speak her up. They were watching this from Coruscant, sure, but the feeling in the room was warm. When there was an open moment, Caltin would slowly walk up, a genuine smile on his face and a respectful bow:

Congratulations. Never stop growing, learning and challenging yourself. May the Force ever be with you.

... is my undivided attention.

Kass stood with the rest of the Jedi Council. When it came time for her to say a few words, she opted for a speech that was short and sweet.

"You were the first person to welcome me when I came to Coruscant. I am certain of nothing, but I believe that you are a great Jedi, and very much deserving of this promotion. May you lead us with grace and wisdom."

When Eloise found herself suddenly thrust into the spotlight, numerous eyes looking at her expectantly, she scowled. What was she supposed to say? "Cool ceremony. Now that you're a master and all that, could you maybe stop being such a pain in the ass?" Nah, they didn't want honesty, they wanted her to gush about how good of a person her master was, and what a great impact she'd had on her life.

"Uh... It's cool that you heal people," she mumbled, her expression still rather sour. "Most Jedi just beat people up. Or talk them to death." Not naming any names. "I guess I'm glad you're my master. Probably nobody else would be willing to train me, and that's saying something right?" About the both of them.

Not knowing how else to finish her spiel, Eloise gave Amani a thumbs up and a half-smile.

Kahlil_Div2.png

Kahlil stood with the rest of the council, smiling softly. Listening, watching. This was a good day. And one he thought would've been here a lot sooner.

"The war against the Maw was brutal. Many were harmed. Many died. But that number would've been far greater if it hadn't been for you, Amani. The Jedi are not soldiers. And in a time where war is rampant, you've stood as the prime example of who we truly are. You have, and will continue, to save more lives than I ever could, Master Serys."

He didn't announce it to the room. He didn't like making speeches or big events of these kinds of moments. He spoke only loud enough for Amani and those around to hear before bowing his head.

Valery Noble Valery Noble | Kassogtha Cthylla Kassogtha Cthylla | Amani Serys Amani Serys

August stared up at Cora with the wide-eyed wonder that only a small child could project. His face, one half verdant green like his mother's, the other splotched with fair skin like his father's, split into a wide grin as he was acknowledged. Taking his hand out of his mouth, the boy waved it up at her, his fingers wet with spit. "Hi~!" He sang out the word, one of the few the twins knew.

He also attempted to grab at Cora's beautiful flowing robes with his drool hand, but thankfully was stopped short by his father.

Alicio had been suppressing a smile for some time, but finally turned the moment before the familiar face addressed him. "Alicio," he returned in a low voice, so as not to disrupt the ceremony. "And it's been a while, Corazona. I haven't gotten the chance to thank you for your blessing. It worked..." he looked between the children he held to either side of him. "Perhaps a little too well."

He'd heard of the litany of trials the Ukatian Princess had endured. At least, what parts were afforded the husband of a councilmember, but he felt no need to bring it up now. After all, he'd recently had someone spring his past traumas on him, and he hadn't particularly enjoyed the conversation.

"I'm glad they let me in," he replied, smirking. From a cursory glance, the only other non-Jedi in here was BB-610 BB-610 . "I wouldn't miss it for the world. She... deserves this."

"More than anyone."
The burning pride, the love in his eyes was more than apparent, as he turned his head back towards Amani.

- Amani Serys Amani Serys - Corazona von Ascania Corazona von Ascania - Others -

Amani told herself before this started that she wasn't going to cry (which she did successfully hold back), but as the ceremony began, and her colleagues chimed in with words of great praise, she was practically shaking with emotion. Anxiousness and excitement spiking her nerves as the reality of it all fully settled in. Some that she hadn't expected to show up did, which added to the experience more than they would know.

As with just about any compliment, Amani accepted the many commendations with humility, and a few unheld gazes. Jasper Kai'el Jasper Kai'el couldn't make it physically, but the fact that he made an effort to say something anyways was touching. Caltin Vanagor Caltin Vanagor and Connel Vanagor Connel Vanagor offered high praise of their own, and despite the fact that she couldn't claim to be close to either of them, it was that fact that made their words feel all the more genuine. Kassogtha Cthylla Kassogtha Cthylla kept it short and sweet, and Eloise Dinn Eloise Dinn replied in her typical, dismissive fashion. Amani could only chuckle at it now. The fact she deigned to speak at all was a promising sign, and a step forward in their relationships far as she was concerned. And on top of it all, after Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble 's quiet but grandiose praise, she was forced to bashfully look downward. Amani almost insitcually tried to deny some of it, but stopped herself each time. Thank you didn't feel like enough given all they said, but she muttered it to them each all the same.

The sound of a little voice in the crowd is what made her look up again. Alicio Organa Alicio Organa and the twins, who of course made it, watching her from the rest of the crowd. It wouldn't have been complete with out them. Those who made her strongest. She gave the kids a small wave, and Alicio a broad smile. The others who made it would see a similar expression toward them; Acaadi Acaadi , who had been a longtime, stalwart friend in her padawan years. Corazona von Ascania Corazona von Ascania , who Amani always strove to be a positive presence for through some troubling times, and had in turn only ever shown her kindness and confidance. Shan Pavond Shan Pavond , who was thrown into the deep end on a dire mission with Amani, but came out a strong and promising healer in his own right. And of course BB-610 BB-610 , who showed Amani a level of optimism and goodness that she hadn't realized was missing for a long time. His celebratory display earned another chuckle from her.

And of course, leading it all, was Valery Noble Valery Noble . She had seen Amani grow since the first day she returned to the Jedi. Helped her become not just the woman she once was, but the woman she was meant to be. Amani couldn't have asked for a better friend and guiding hand through it all. She looked to her once she began speaking, and found it in her to keep a steady gaze. Today was Amani's day. Her day. She could finally accept that. For once, she allowed herself to relish in her achievements, her successes, and her future. She would be a Jedi Master. She had earned it. Long before the ceremony had even begun, the path was clear. Amani exhaled slowly, and said again, more audibly now, "Thank you." She waited for what came next with bated breath. What she had strove for all these years.

Master San Tekka's eyes remained closed in meditation. Ceremonial robes bathed his patrician features in warm colors. Botanical gardens connected this place with nature. Somehow the endless starscape above them failed to dispel that illusion. Others on the Council shared words with those gathered but he remained silent. Memories of darker times were banished by a new generation's achievements.

We are what they grow beyond.

When it was time, the old Jedi Master looked upon Amani Serys Amani Serys at last. He moved close enough to place a synthflesh hand upon her shoulder. Depthless emotion bled through his gaze. Pride. Respect. Gratitude. All the words Zark could not find in his voice to say.

"Are you ready?"

He knew she was. Zark returned to his place beside Master Valery Noble Valery Noble and the others. Perfect serenity was almost impossible to maintain, but the Jedi Master discovered that sometimes failure was a powerful lesson. More than just their gathered Order were here to witness this moment. Through the Force those lost lived on in them.

Last edited:

RxzceEC_d.webp

Vonnuvi Herdship
div-orange.png
Outfit: Factory Link | Wedding Ring
Tag: Amani Serys Amani Serys Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble Alicio Organa Alicio Organa Zark San Tekka Zark San Tekka Kassogtha Cthylla Kassogtha Cthylla

"Thank you."

After listening to all the speeches, Valery's eyes were focused on her dear friend now. She offered the woman a proud and encouraging smile, and stepped forward to face her and make this promotion official. "The Order stands with you, Jedi Amani Serys. As a Padawan and a Jedi Knight, you've grown so much and helped so many others grow in their own ways. We all find strength in following your guidance and leadership."

"Now, it's time for us all to recognize just how far you've come."
Valery smiled one last little smile, and drew the hilt of her lightsaber into her hand. During a Knighting ceremony, a Jedi would be asked to kneel, but for this promotion, she wanted her friend to be standing among her peers with her head held high.

The same way she offered her leadership to so many.

"By the right of the Council," Valery began while she hovered the blade just above Amani's right shoulder.

"By the Will of the Force," she continued, now with her lightsaber rising above the Mirialan's head.

"I dub thee, Jedi Master of the New Jedi Order," Valery finalized with a proud smile. "Congratulations, Master Serys. May the Force forever guide you on your path, and may many more find their way by following your guidance." Valery stepped back, disengaged her lightsaber and initiated a respectful bow for the new Jedi Master.

"As a sign of being recognized as a Jedi Master, I'd like to ask Jedi Padawan Noble to come forward," Valery said with just a faint smirk, before Vera appeared and walked over to the little stage with all the Knights and Masters of the Jedi Council. In her hands, she held a small, red pillow with a golden band on top of it. She stopped right in front of Amani and offered it with quite a serious expression that seemed almost unlike Vera.

She wanted to take this seriously for her friend.

"This is a band of electrum, the mark of a Jedi Master. You can incorporate it into the design of your lightsaber, or use it however you see fit."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom