Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Faction The Journey of a Thousand Miles [Mastering Ceremony] [Jedi+Friends]

Cora's smile widened into a toothy grin. The eldest of nine siblings, she absolutely adored children.

"I suppose it did." She chuckled quietly, an edge of awkwardness to her voice as she spoke. Her earlier exuberance at wishing them many children during their wedding reception was a bit embarrassing to look back on, but the couple had been gracious regarding her childish enthusiasm.

"It would be hard to keep you out." She mused softly, with good humor. "I can imagine that having her family here means a great deal to her as well. Amani has touched every life in this room - in one way or another."

Like Valery and Kahlil, Amani Serys Amani Serys and Alicio Organa Alicio Organa were a power couple in their own right. Cora couldn't help but look up to them both equally - Amani for her strength of character and wisdom, and Alicio for his leadership and steady moral compass when it came to the world of politics. Which reminded her…

"Thank you for allowing Dominick von Ascania Dominick von Ascania to shadow you, Alicio. I hope that he wasn't too much trouble?"

Master Noble presented Amani with a band of precious gold, a rare metal that denoted her achievement as a Jedi Master. Cora could only look on in awe, eyes sparkling almost as brightly as the golden ingot.

ᴏɴᴇꜱ ᴀɴᴅ ᴢᴇʀᴏᴇꜱ

bb610.png

GADividerBlue.png

| LOCATION: The Vonnuvi Herdship |
| TAG: Amani Serys Amani Serys | Corazona von Ascania Corazona von Ascania | Alicio Organa Alicio Organa |

Watching as Amani received her gift, BB-610 could only imagine what an immense wave of gratification and pride she was feeling. To a droid, such a feat was otherworldly, unfathomable for somebody that could never even hope to be the lowest rank of Padawan possible. He was happy for her, and Valery's words were as uplifting as ever -- the galaxy was lucky to have such an ensemble of inspiring figures, and the difference he felt between serving the Eternal Empire and serving the Galactic Alliance was palpable. BB-610 felt hope for the world around him, and he felt an intricate sense of family with the people present. Peering around to glance at his fellow attendees, he'd noticed that Amani wasn't the only one due for congratulations.

Having stood by the sidelines and wishing to mingle, BB-610 rolled over to Corazona von Ascania Corazona von Ascania and Alicio Organa Alicio Organa , chipper and eager to greet them. He inched forward, purposely angling his body so the momentum caused one of his balloons to harmlessly bonk against the back of Cora's head, followed by a synthetic string of mischievous giggles. The astromech turned to Alicio, taking as best a bow as he could - which was, truthfully, just the sliding of his head down the front curve of his chassis - before perking back up.

With a bubbly bweep of binary, BB-610 announced his congratulations to the Senator, mentioning that today was just as big a day for him as it was for Master Amani. His gaze drifted down to August, studying the toddler for the faintest of seconds. The astromech chirped happily, excitedly wobbling from side to side as he sang in greeting. He'd earned a good reputation around young ones after years of babysitting Valery and Kahlil's menaces, and they'd always remain a special part in his core.

The droid's holoprojector blinked to life, displaying a brilliant blue butterfly as it fluttered in circles, inches away from August's face, before landing on his nose and folding its wings.

GADividerBlue.png

Last edited:

"Are you ready?"

Amani offered Master San Tekka a single, grateful nod. Then she became tensely rigid as the lightsaber loomed over her shoulder, grounding her nerves while reality set in around her. The ceremony was brief, but it felt like-slow motion, watching the blade move and hearing the recital speak her status into reality. Jedi Master of the New Jedi Order. At the sound she released a breath she didn't know she was holding, and she stood just a little taller.

There was one final piece to the ceremony, one Amani had nearly forgotten. Then she saw Vera approach with the golden band, reminding her of the role she had played as flower girl at the wedding. Vera's serious expression had the opposite effect, making Amani chuckle appreciatively. The effort was enough. The Chief Healer knelt down, and accepted the band, "Thank you, padawan." She said professionally, in contrast to her knowing smirk.

When she stood up, she held the electrum up to her eye, and drew her lightsaber pike. She held it out in her palm, imagining an end to the ceremony in which she triumphantly raised her saber, blade held high like a rallying call to all Jedi. But that didn't feel like her. It was never about the weapon. In fact, that was the last thing it was about to her. Amani wasn't here as a warrior. She was here as a healer. A protector. The lightsaber could wait.

Amani put away the electrum and the pike for now, and instead turned to all of her guests and offered them a deep bow, "Thank you all. I only hope I can continue to live up to the honor you have bestowed me. May the Force be with us all." She wasn't going to give a long-winded speech. The capacity for eloquence wasn't in her right now even if she wanted to. Instead Amani just looked over each and every face once more, settling on Alicio and the children.

"It would be hard to keep you out. I can imagine that having her family here means a great deal to her as well. Amani has touched every life in this room - in one way or another."

"I'd have found a way. I don't know how, but I would've." A coy smile touched the Count's lips. It would have been difficult, on a ship filled to the brim with Jedi Masters, but somehow, Alicio knew he and the twins would have been here for this moment.

For Amani, anything.

At the mention of Dominick von Ascania Dominick von Ascania , Alicio nodded, readjusting his grip on both children to ensure they didn't escape their father. "Dominick is an enthusiastic young man. I would be more than happy to host him again, should the opportunity arise." The more young people shaping the politics of the Alliance, the better. Speaking of which...

"Have you ever thought about going into politics, Corazona?" He gave her an arched eyebrow look, as if to say 'I know how that sounds'. "Who knows? It might agree with you."

August was the first to notice the BB droid's approach. He turned to the droid, continuing to wave his wet hand. "Hi!" The Count glanced down, and with a faint smile, he bowed back. His binary was... poor, but passable, as he responded to the astromech with a shaken head. "I wouldn't dare to claim any of Amani's successes. But... it certainly isn't a day I will soon forget, either."

Unfortunately, there was a hitch in BB-610's plan to woo the Organa boy- As soon as the butterfly materialized right in his face, the toddler's eyes went wide, and he began to tear up with a whine. Reacting quickly, Alicio scooped him up into his arms, and held him close before he started crying. He twisted a sympathetic smile Bee's way. "Sorry, it isn't your fault. Auggie just... doesn't like animals."

Of course, he paused the discussion as Valery stepped forward, lightsaber ignited, promoting the love of his life to the position of her dreams. She looked out across the gathered expectant faces, and gave a short speech, before her eyes fell on the Organas. After giving the new Master time to bask, there was no more holding Lia back. Alicio checked the faces of Valery, Kahlil, and Amani, ensuring it was okay to do so, before releasing her. The little half-Mirialan dashed as fast as her little legs could carry her towards her mother, practically leaping at her. Holding August in his arms, Dad was only a few steps behind.

Alicio Organa was a reserved individual, tempered by a touch-averse family and a melancholic childhood. He was not usually the first to initiate contact. So it was significant, that without a second thought, he swept Amani into a hug, and whispered a breathy "Well done, love," into her ear, before letting his lips find hers, for a few blindingly brilliant moments.

Afterward, he stepped back with a smile and a rosy tint to his cheeks, to let others say their congratulations.

- Amani Serys Amani Serys - Corazona von Ascania Corazona von Ascania - BB-610 BB-610 - Valery Noble Valery Noble - Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble - Everyone -

Cora nodded, relief touching her smile. It wasn't that she'd thought Dominick would misbehave - he was very polite and well mannered - but the eldest Ascania boy was a tad naive and had a tendency towards passion, especially where fairness was concerned. She'd found it charming, but was aware that others may see him as disruptive.

A flush of surprise briefly reddened her cheeks when Alicio suggested she look in to politics. Her tenure as Princess of Ukatis, short lived as it had been, hadn't allowed her to flex any sort of political power beyond the humanitarian projects her husband had approved of.

"Oh, I don't…" Cora had started to wave off the notion before her dismissive expression shifted into something more thoughtful. "Well, perhaps-"

The blonde blinked, standing to attention as her head was bopped harmlessly by a balloon. A sequence of binary giggling followed, to which she turned and smiled warmly at Bee, placing a gentle hand on his chassis as August shied away from the holo-butterfly. "Maybe he'd like a balloon?" She offered, smoothing the static from her hair that the earlier collision had created.

Cora looked on as Alicio and the children moved forward to congratulate Amani. There was something so simple yet deeply heartwarming about watching a family who genuinely loved one another interact. After giving them their space, when the time felt right, Cora stepped forward and offered Amani a deep bow of her head.

"Congratulations, Master Serys, and thank you for everything you've done - for myself, for the Jedi, for the galaxy. Countless Ukatians owe their lives to you for your swift coordination of relief efforts. Ah- I have something…"

After fishing around in her billowing sleeves for a tad too long for it to not be awkward, Cora retrieved a small plastoid figurine and presented it to Amani. The toy held an uncanny resemblance to the Mirialian Jedi, though some liberty had been taken with her facial tattoos.

Alicio Organa Alicio Organa Amani Serys Amani Serys BB-610 BB-610

ᴏɴᴇꜱ ᴀɴᴅ ᴢᴇʀᴏᴇꜱ

bb610.png

GADividerBlue.png

| LOCATION: The Vonnuvi Herdship |
| TAG: Amani Serys Amani Serys | Corazona von Ascania Corazona von Ascania | Alicio Organa Alicio Organa |

BB-610 recoiled at the abrupt whining, optic widening in panic. He'd never seen any child react negatively to his trick, and thus he was poorly equipped at handling the encroaching crying. Thankfully, Alicio had scooped up the little one before any tears were shed, with the astromech hastily dismissing the hologram and warbling apologetically, overcome by a wave of guilt as he stared up at poor August. BB-610 turned to Cora, heeding her suggestion, and with a newfound determination to remedy his mistake, revealed his utility arm from one of his discs and plucked a balloon from his chassis.

Slowly, he raised his arm, offering the balloon to August with another apologetic bweep. He tapped gently on the boy's back in order to fully grab his attention, before BB-610 tilted his head skyward and opened up one of his facial compartments, shooting a plume of pink glitter into the air with an accompanying 'tadaa!', gigging playfully. The droid hoped that it would make up for it.

The astromech took a step back to give the family more space, rolling to Cora's side and bowing before Amani in tandem with her. He had no personal gifts to offer, but BB-610 was nonetheless keen on expressing his gratitude after Cora had handed the newly ranked Master her figurine. The droid chirped joyfully, speaking of his congratulations to Amani and saying that he was incredibly happy for her.

GADividerBlue.png

Amani was already prepared for the incoming Liana. She beckoned her, kneeling down with outstretched arms to embrace her daughter. Then Alicio swept them all up into a family hug, and gave her his congratulations. Amani couldn't find the words to express her appreciation of his support all these years, but she returned it in their kiss (which August and Liana reacted to with childlike disgust). Eventually, they had to break apart, but Amani kept them close as the next wave of congratulations came in.

Though it was demanded of them, a few offered gifts along with their well-wishes. It was understandable why Master Quill couldn't attend, which made the fact that he bothered to send something at all deeply appreciated. Amani accepted the gifted saber as a proverbial badge of office.

Cora stepped up with a present of her own, and while it may not be as distinguished as an old lightsaber, Amani reacted to the sight with undeniable glee. It took her a moment to register what it was supposed to be, but when she did, she laughed in surprise, "I didn't know they made me-versions of these!" Sure Jedi were technically above material possessions, but it was pretty cool to have actual merchandise of oneself. "Thank you Cora. I'm… glad I could help." Reminders of the struggles that led them here ached, no doubt for Cora in particular. But if Amani could have assuaged that even a little bit, she was glad to have done so.

Bee was there alongside her during the battle. And now she was here alongside Cora to give her praises. Amani offered the droid a gracious half-bow, then smiled, "And thank you, Bee. I'm glad you could make it." He had done more during the fight than he would likely give himself credit for. But it was as much his efforts to avoid the fight altogether that she admired.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom