Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Reconnecting

Appearance: Link
Outfit: Factory Link
Weapon:
Double-Bladed Lightsaber
Tag: Amani Serys Amani Serys

Another Force-sensitive cut off from the Force.

Valery was alerted to it after a request for assistance was sent out to the Jedi, and it immediately piqued her interest. It wasn't that long ago that she helped her husband regain his connection, which involved trials and a lot of traveling to places and planets with special connections to the Force. Perhaps it was going to be different this time, but she still believed her experience could be useful.

Even if a completely different approach ends up being necessary, helping someone with a problem like this felt like the right thing to do as a Jedi. So within hours of the request being sent, Amani Serys Amani Serys would have gotten an invitation to meet Valery on the Prosperity, the large mobile Jedi Temple the New Jedi Order used for training or meetings.

Access codes were sent, a meeting room was prepared and with some tea sitting ready on the table, Valery waited for the arrival of the younger woman. Ideas were already going through her mind about what they could try, but first, she'd have to learn a bit more about Amani, her specific situation, and how far she has come since she was first severed from the Force.

An interesting journey lay ahead of them both.

Amani's days of Jedihood were far behind her now. But the sudden return of the Force as a part of herself was no small shift, and if she were really going to make an effort to tap back into that potential she once held, there were few better opportunities than this.

The decision to reach out was an arduous internal debate, one that she ultimately conceded to, believing not only that she needed the wisdom of those with experience, but also a fresh perspective, hence her choice to contact the NJO rather than her former Concord ties.

Stepping into the meeting chamber was a liminal experience; An entirely new setting, yet a creeping familiarity in equal measure, "Master Noble? Amani Serys. I appreciate you taking the time to speak with me," She spoke formally, and offered a bow in greetings. Amani fell right back into her Jedi conventions with surprising ease. Old habits die hard, she supposed.

Weapon:
Double-Bladed Lightsaber

Hearing footsteps at the door, Valery turned around and greeted the woman with the usual warm, charismatic smile she had in more social settings. To then see a respectful bow from the Mirialan only made the smile brighter — it was a gesture she had grown up with, but many Jedi she met after her time in stasis were far less formal and traditional.

So Valery returned the bow and raised a hand up through her hair to tuck it away again when she rose back up,
"It's my pleasure to help, and I'm glad we finally meet," Valery said before gesturing at the table, "Would you like some tea while we talk? I'm sure there is a bit to discuss."

It was likely quite a topic to Amani — to be severed from the Force was not an easy thing. So taking it slow and giving her the time to explain her situation was the best route in Valery's opinion.

The differences in their respective orders had not even registered to Amani until she was back upright. The Silvers had always been a bit old-fashioned by comparison. With a sheepish smile, Amani took the offer and settled in at the table. "That sounds lovely, thank you."

For a few moments she simply studied Valery. Jedi masters were an exceptionally rare sight in her current line of work, yet she was immediately reminded of the admiration she once held for their dedication and wisdom. Such individuals were role models, personal heroes in her youth, even before induction into the Order. Valery's presence alone was something Amani heeded.

"Ahem, where to start," She snapped out of the brief reverie, sitting up a little straighter as she collected her thoughts, "A few years ago, my connection to the Force was severed completely. It only returned to me just recently, but I still find myself struggling to maintain a, ah… consistency, I guess. I was hoping you could help guide me in the right direction." Just the broad strokes to start with, information Valery had perhaps already been aware of, but it worked as a jumping off point. Amani waited a beat to see if she had anything specific to add.

Weapon:
Double-Bladed Lightsaber

Gently, Valery poured the other woman a cup of tea and slid it across the table before sitting down in one of the seats. She took a soft breath and her fiery gaze settled on the young Mirialan, who was likely thinking about where to start, and what to exactly explain. But after she started, Valery felt a bit of relief rather quickly.

"I do believe I can help you with that. The difficult and sometimes impossible part is to even feel the Force again after being severed, but that problem seems to be solved. To reconnect fully and be in control of your use of the Force again is something I can guide you with," Valery said before taking a careful sip of her own tea.

"But before I come up with some ideas, what have you tried already since your connection returned? Just training and meditation, or other things as well?"

"I had help, from another one of yours in particular, actually. And time." Lots and lots of time to think things over, to actualizate herself and reconcile her past. It had been more of a subconscious block than anything, but those metaphorical walls buried that sense all the same. It had to be built back up.

Amani took her own cup, watching its contents swirl before she took a sip, "Mm. Meditation, mostly. I've tried traveling to familiar places, places that I thought might help me reflect, reconnect with what was lost. Results have been… variable, like I said."

Weapon:
Double-Bladed Lightsaber

"Time usually does heal most wounds," Valery said after she had remained quiet to listen intently to what Amani had to say. She had already tried many of the things that Valery would have recommended, but to overcome something as extreme as being severed from the Force typically took quite a lot more.

"But I do have an idea that might work. A few years ago, my husband was severed from the Force as well, and as part of his recovery journey, I took him to a planet called Spinitir," Valery began before she took a quick sip of her tea.

"The Dawn Temple that once stood there on top of a large mountain was historically used by Jedi who wanted to reconnect with the Light Side of the Force, but there are various locations I believe could help. The Caves of Dark and Light, as an example, is a nexus in the Force that might spark something, and I can guide you through some deeper meditation within them."

Valery then began to smirk a little and set aside her cup, "Only problem is the cold, really. It's terrible up there, but I think it's worth the trouble in this case."

"I've heard of it," Amani listened intently, taking a long sip of her tea as she did.

"That sounds… perfect, actually." A temple dedicated to reconnecting with the light. Caves that hosted a Force nexus. The mere potential of such a trip was enough for her to visibly perk up.

"I'll be sure to bring a jacket," Amani chuckled. A bit of cold would be more than worth it, and far from the worst thing she'd endured on her path. There was a moment of pause where she seemed to regress into a twinge of diffidence, "You'd really be willing to take me?"

Last edited:

Weapon:
Double-Bladed Lightsaber

Watching the woman perk up caused Valery to smile brightly — it seemed she liked the proposal, and a trip back to Spintir was something Valery would look forward to as well. When she originally came out of stasis, her plans had been to rebuild it and establish her own Enclave there. Galactic events changed that path, but she still looked at the planet and its Temple fondly.

"You'd really be willing to take me?"

Valery blinked at first, but simply nodded with a smile seconds later, "Of course. Spintir is quite dangerous with its wildlife too, so I'll be able to offer some extra protection."

"Not that I think you necessarily need it, but it never hurts and I know my way around the Temple and planet. To guide you there would be my pleasure."

It figured there would be more potential dangers. Nothing really ever was as easy as just going from point A to point B, was it? She shrugged that off. There was much to gain, and with a master like Valery beside her, Amani was filled with the utmost optimism in their success.

“Then it would be my pleasure to have you along, Master Noble,” She caught herself halfway through another bow, then blushingly laughed off her excessive ceremony, “Um, when would we be heading out?”

Weapon:
Double-Bladed Lightsaber

Valery chuckled as the woman stopped herself mid-bow, and dipped her head lightly, "It's quite alright if you're used to bowing. I am, too," She said as she began to rise from her seat. The woman then gave the question some thought, pursing her lips forward until she made her decision.

"Well, unless you have something to take care of first, I do have a shuttle ready. I can bring you to Spintir whenever you feel ready to begin this little journey."

“I was trained a little more traditionally than most of the NJO,” For whatever reason she felt the need to clarify. Amani echoed Valery, rising up just after the master had.

She blinked, half expecting there would be more of a process involved. “Nothing from me,” Amani smiled, rustling the small pack of essentials slung over her shoulder, “By all means, lead the way whenever you’re ready.”

Weapon:
Double-Bladed Lightsaber

"Oh, I certainly was, too. Even more traditional than the SJC, technically." Valery blinked, thinking about it all. Back in the days of the Old Republic, the rules were even stricter, especially when it came to attachments. But after getting out of that stasis pod, a lot changed for her, and likely for the better.

"But if you're ready, let's get going."

Valery then guided the woman down to the Hangar Area of the Prosperity, where a multitude of shuttles were ready for Jedi who needed to travel around the Galaxy. Stepping inside, she fired up the engines, made sure Amani was seated in the co-pilot seat, and they would be on their way to Spintir.

Luckily, the trip itself wouldn't be too long, and the shuttle would pierce through the atmosphere of the snowy world only hours after their departure,
"I'm taking us down near Frostwall Village," Valery said, as the shuttle moved fairly low over the surface. From a quick glance outside, it would be obvious that very few people lived here, and for good reason — it was extremely cold in the region they entered.

Dawn_Temple_FDBG.png

Finally, the shuttle landed near the small village, which was positioned right at the foot of Mount Tellec. Valery powered down the engines, and when she stepped outside into the freezing cold, her hand moved up to point at a structure further up the mountain.

"That's the Dawn Temple. Or well, what remains of it. The Caves of Dark and Light are close to it as well, so we can visit both in one trip up the mountain. Do you prefer to start with one over the other? Or have any other questions before we go up there?"

Valery’s acknowledgement of her own conventional upbringing was enough to assuage any awkwardness Amani felt. It was something she was a little more sensitive about now that she had developed her own external perspective, but time and again her encounters with other Jedi had proven they always had more in common than not.

She trailed behind, studying the interior details of the Prosperity along the way. In short time, they found their transport, and settled in for the journey ahead.

---​

At last their ship pierced through the blanket of clouds, revealing the frigid terra firma of Spintir below. Amani’s face was glued to the viewport, surveying the passing topography and what vestiges of civilization lie nestled within. As soon as the landing gear had planted down in one such village, the mirialan pushed herself from her seat with a stretch, and made a beeline for the exit ramp.

“Hoo-” From the first moment of exposure, Amani’s visible breath was a clear indicator of the temperature, “Y-you were not exaggerating about the cold.” She pulled her jacket tighter, wrapped her scarf once more around her neck.

“Honestly? Whichever one is closer,’ She chattered out a laugh, “Is there anything I should be prepared for going into this?”

Weapon:
Double-Bladed Lightsaber

"It's even worse up there," Valery said with a playful smirk as she gestured up towards the mountain. The higher they'd go, the lower the temperature but worst of all, the wind was really going to feel like it could cut through any exposed skin. Yet, Valery stood outside in her typical outfit, which likely showed a lot more skin than it should, given the environmental conditions.

"If we're successful with your control of the Force, I'll show you how to keep yourself warm with it," she then added with a kind smile.

"But we'll head for the caves first — offers some shelter from the wind, and the nexus might help. It did somewhat for my husband, anyway, and he felt nothing at all yet when coming here." She chuckled and began to move, "As for dangers up there... had I mentioned the ice wolves already? They can be nasty and some live around those caves too. A few are even corrupted by it."

Amani’s eyes seemed to sparkle with recognition, “Heyyy, I know that one actually! Tapas!” One of the first things she learned in fact, when she started to progress her Jedi training. There was a nostalgic warmth to her words as past lessons long forgotten were suddenly pried from her subconscious. “Gosh, that feels like so long ago.”

“Caves sound great to me,”
Anything to get out of this weather, which as Valery warned, was only going to become worse at higher altitudes. Icewolves were not going to make it any easier. There was a pause before the warning seemed to fully process. Amani started again, surprised, “Wait, corrupted? What kinda Force nexus is this?”

Weapon:
Double-Bladed Lightsaber

The sparkle in the Mirialan's eyes made it hard not to smile, and Valery quickly offered an affirmative nod as well, "That's right, Tapas is very useful and it's actually one of the first abilities I learned as well. Back in my day, Padawans were required to learn it before they could travel to Ilum for their gathering," She continued with a nostalgic warmth similar to that of Amani's.

Looking back at different times every now and then was always a good thing.

"This isn't an ordinary nexus — it's a disturbance in the Force as well. Within the Caves of Dark and Light, the Light and Dark are unbalanced, and only those with strong minds can resist the darkness in there. But the ice wolves can't resist it, and some were corrupted."

"The creatures are dangerous as is, but those we'll have to be careful with. Especially if you're focused on meditation or other techniques to reconnect in there."

Valery paused and looked over her shoulder at Amani right before they'd start heading up the mountain, "Don't worry, though. I'm here to keep you safe when you're focusing on the Force."

“Guess I shoulda figured from the name,” Amani shivered, although at this point it wasn’t certain if it was from cold or nervousness. This was not her first time around a nexus, nor one with capacity for darkness.

It was not an ambience she relished in revisiting.

There was a sudden look of hesitance in her demeanor, but one that was just as quickly supplanted with a new wave of determination, “I’m ready for whatever trials await me.” Too much running had made her wary of confrontation. But the time to face it was an inevitability, and this was her best shot. It was Amani who took the first step towards the Caves.

Weapon:
Double-Bladed Lightsaber

Valery watched Amani quietly, as she shifted from a brief moment of hesitancy to a demeanor that showed only her determination. To lose something as strong as one's connection to the Force was a difficult thing, and any path of recovery from that was going to be challenging.

But the difficulty did little to shake the Mirialan's resolve, which Valery loved to see.

So without anything further said, she followed Amani up to the entrance of the caves, where she finally did stop. The closer one got to a Nexus, the stronger its influence was, and the Spintir Caves were extremely... conflicting. From within, there was both a welcoming warmth, as well as a chilling cold that reached out to the minds of those around it.

The calmer feeling was gentle and kind, but the cold was malicious and intrusive — only those with strong minds or the ability to shield themselves could resist.

"When you're standing here, what do you feel? Is it overwhelming or can you manage it?" Valery asked as she studied the other woman for a moment.

"My idea was to commune with the Force inside, but only you know what you're ready for."

The aura that emanated from these caves was bizarre, and unlike anything Amani had experienced before; Two parts that should by all logic be antithetical, nonetheless formed one whole. There was no lone word or thought that could aptly convey the sensations it wrought up.

"I can manage." She affirmed, all the while staring into the maw of the cave. It was dark, but Amani had seen darker. Here there was light in equal measure. As far as she was concerned, the worst had already passed. Time will tell.

After a few moments of mentally hyping herself up, Amani took a step past inside. From even just that, the Force within became more suffusing, more prominent. Instinctively she began to reach out to it, looking back at Valery for some form of confirmation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom