Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Lost in Stardust

wb1.png
TAGS:
Jasper Kai'el Jasper Kai'el
alexboarder.png

image.png

Braze and Jasper had embarked on what was supposed to be a routine mission to Centerra, a remarkable world known for its unique environmental conditions and vibrant cultures. They had arrived on the planet just as the Stellar Convergence Festival was about to commence—a once-in-a-century event marked by the alignment of celestial bodies and the surge of cosmic energy.​

Their mission was straightforward: they were tasked with delivering essential supplies to the inhabitants of Centerra, ensuring they had enough provisions to last through the Stellar Convergence Festival, a sacred and transformative event in Centerran culture.

As Braze and Jasper prepared to depart from Centerra after delivering the supplies, they encountered an unforeseen ship malfunction. Despite their best efforts to resolve the issue promptly, the repairs took longer than expected. By the time they were ready to leave, the Stellar Convergence Festival was in full swing, and the protective shields had been raised, preventing their departure. This unexpected delay left them trapped on the planet, surrounded by the wonder and danger of the cosmic event.

Braze tracked down Jasper, who had been contemplating their situation in a quiet corner. He approached with a warm smile, carrying an intriguing find in his hands – a set of sticks adorned with colorful crystal-like spheres.

"So uh... It isn't all bad," Braze began, his tone reassuring. "We were offered a place to rest in the Temple of Radiance, and maybe we could take the opportunity to explore one of Centerra's capitals?" he suggested.

As Braze extended one of the sticks towards Jasper, he continued, "I stumbled upon this local dish. It's called 'Lumic Stew,' a specialty here on Centerra. The shells hold the stew, and the crystals are meant to infuse the flavors as they melt. It's a unique culinary experience, and I thought we could give it a try."

He looked out curiously at the expanse of the world. " Mmnn... Hey, maybe we can go camping? I think we're gonna be here for like a month at least." Braze chirped softly trying to offer suggestions.

image.png

Centerra
Tags: Braze Braze

shield_core_divider_NEW.png

"So uh... It isn't all bad," Braze began, his tone reassuring. "We were offered a place to rest in the Temple of Radiance, and maybe we could take the opportunity to explore one of Centerra's capitals?"

Jasper sighed, accepting the strange food that his padawan had found.

"Thanks, kid," he smiled. "I could use a bit of your optimism..."

He hadn't planned on getting stuck here at all. A part of him had been looking forward to returning to Marissa at the end of all of this traveling. The man very much wanted to spend more time with his other half. Alas, his responsibilities so frequently took him away from the people he cared about. Reflecting on all of this made him realize that maybe he should accept the position he was in. After all, it had been so long since he had a real vacation.

So why not take advantage of it?

"I could camp," Jasper nodded. "Hey, that'll give us a chance to chat. Don't think I haven't noticed you got stuff on your mind. Nows a good time to get stuff off our chests."

They needed to talk about things. Jasper knew it. They had the time, so they may as well make the most of it and get to a healthier place of greater understanding.

wb1.png

TAGS:
alexboarder.png

Braze looked bashful, his cheeks slightly flushed as he nervously toyed with a piece of the strange food. Jasper's words had made him realize something he'd been pondering for a while.

"Um, Master Jasper," he began hesitantly, "since we're going to chat and all... Have you ever felt like you've been in love before?" Braze's question was filled with curiosity and a touch of anxiety as he searched for some insight from his wise and experienced Jedi Master.

image.png

Centerra

"Of course I have," Jasper nodded, giving a warm smile. "Love comes in all kinds of forms. Friends, family... but you mean the other kind, yeah?"

He pat the young man on the back, beginning to get into the strange alien food that he had been given. It was natural to begin feeling these things at his age. All teenagers did. Jasper found himself with little time to think about that stuff when he was that age, right up untill he was trying to make friends and wound up being made out with instead. That Gala was the one that made him afraid of Galas. Regardless, there was legitimacy to asking these kinds of questions. They came with a lot to process.

"I am currently in a relationship," he noted. "It's an important part of my life, even if I don't talk about it much..."

Jasper turned back to Braze, giving a reassuring look. It was okay for Braze to ask things here.

"Is there someone you've been thinking about lately?" the knight asked.

wb1.png

TAGS:
alexboarder.png

Braze fidgeted as he asked his questions, clearly feeling a bit awkward about the topic. He listened intently as Jasper answered his first question about how to tell if you're in love.

"Well, I suppose... How do you tell if you're in love? How can you ya know...? Tell the difference between attraction and love?" Braze asked, genuinely seeking guidance.

When Jasper mentioned being in a relationship, Braze perked up with curiosity. "Are they cute?" he asked, trying to lighten the mood a bit. "Hey; What are your thoughts on inter-species relationships?"

As for Jasper's next question, Braze's expression shifted into one of contemplation. "Oh ummn... Well... Maybe? I'm not sure... Have you ever felt like you were in love... with more than one other person? And uhh... if you are is that okay or? Are we even really allowed to be in love?" He asked, his fidgeting continuing as he picked at his meal, his appetite waning as the conversation delved into more complex matters.

image.png

Centerra

"Woah," Jasper reacted, cracking a soft smile. "You've thought about this a lot, huh?"

He sighed, relaxing a little as he took in all of the words that the boy had said. All valid, of course. There were always things to wonder when it came to these kinds of things.

"Uh, well my partner is someone I find cute," he noted with a chuckle. "Inter-species love is fine. I know a few couples that are from different species, and they find their relationships to be fulfilling. As long as people are happy and not hurting each other, I see no reason not to persue it if there's someone you like that isn't exactly like you. As for being in love with multiple people..."

Jasper frowned, stroking his chin as he thought for a moment.

"I mean, it's inevitable to feel things for multiple people," the man continued. "It's hard to truly know if it's attraction or love, but real love I find lingers in your mind much stronger. It goes beyond just thinking someone looks pretty but being wrapped up in their personallity. It can happen with multiple people at the same time. It's just a matter of making a choice that's healthy for you and the other person. It's okay, you just need to remember that when it comes to actually starting a relationship you will have to choose. People need one-on-one commitment. Partnership is hard when you're trying to split it between people. It can leave some feeling neglected."

At least that was how he saw it. Making a choice was a matter of making a promise of commitment to that other individual. It was hard to split up your affection without making one or the other feel left out.

"And we're encouraged to love," Jasper stated. "We can't protect life if we don't care, have some kind of thing that grounds us in reality. Love is a pure expression of light. It can give you focus if you can balance it, coexist with these emotions without letting them control you. It isn't just about the force, but also about being a healthy adult too. There's a balancing act to all of these things..."

A grin would spread across his face as his expression became more of a myschevious one.

"Do you wanna tell me about the alien you've been thinking about?" he asked. "You don't have to."

wb1.png

TAGS:
alexboarder.png

Braze nodded along to what Jasper was saying, indicating that he was actively listening to his advice. As Jasper shared his thoughts on relationships and the complexities of turning someone down gently, Braze's face displayed a mix of contemplation and concern.

Braze's mind was filled with questions, and he couldn't help but let them spill forth. "What if I don't want a relationship but I still care about them?" he asked, his voice tinged with uncertainty. "How do you turn someone down gently? You have to hurt them to do that, don't you? Even a little bit? It's inevitable, right?"

He shook his head lightly as his thoughts continued to tumble out. "I don't know... I don't think they feel the same way about me. I think maybe we're incompatible... I don't really understand how to communicate my thoughts and feelings openly and convey what I want. I don't know what I want, other than the idea that I don't want to hurt the people I care about. I feel like it's a little too late in some way, even if they may not feel the same towards me. I don't know how to talk about this kind of thing... I think about it a lot, and I just end up doing and saying nothing productive because I anxiously think it over little by little."

He shook his head and set his shell bowl aside. "I don't know... I think maybe I'm not ready for a relationship," he said, his voice reflecting his uncertainty. "I don't think I understand my own feelings well enough to make a healthy choice." He paused, taking a deep breath, his eyes focused on some distant point in the room.

"I think maybe it'll be better if I just abstain from that kind of thing right now," he continued, his tone resolute. "I'm still coming to terms with and defining who I am." He shook his head slightly, as if trying to make sense of his own thoughts. "I don't think I can help or share my world with another person unless I can figure this all out and stabilize it."

"I'm not even sure about what I'm attracted to,"
he admitted, his voice tinged with uncertainty. "I feel this expectation and pressure that I should be where everyone else is, and if I don't figure it out soon, I'll just be left out, as if I've missed some giant, wonderful opportunity that should be a huge stepping stone in my life—a new chapter that I'm supposed to just know." He paused, letting out a deep sigh as he wrestled with his thoughts.

"I don't know... I don't even understand what's okay and what's not,"
he continued, his voice carrying a sense of confusion. "It's just... overwhelming?" He shrugged his shoulders, a gesture that conveyed his feeling of helplessness. "I just want to be. I don't like having to second-guess myself or wonder if I'm doing things right when I don't have an idea of what to be like."

He turned away from Jasper, seemingly becoming overwhelmed as he wrapped his arms around himself. His vulnerability was evident in his trembling voice. "How can I possibly make a meaningful, loving relationship if... if I don't know what that looks like?"

He shook his head, his movements slow and heavy, as if carrying the weight of the world on his shoulders. With trembling hands encased in gloves, he moved to cover his face, as if to shield himself from the pain within. "I just feel... pathetic," he whispered, his voice cracking with vulnerability. "Like I should know what to do, like I should have it all figured out by now, and yet..." He trailed off, his words disappearing into the abyss of his own confusion.

His gloved hands pressed against his face, his fingers clutching the fabric tightly as if seeking comfort or escape from his own thoughts. "I'm just struggling to make sense of where I am," he confessed, his voice barely above a whisper, as if he were afraid to confront the truth. "And everywhere I look, it's just more endless fog, more uncertainty, and doubt." His shoulders slumped, a physical manifestation of the weight of his inner turmoil.

His words quivered with emotion as he bared his soul. "I'm just lost," he admitted, his voice filled with despair, as if he had finally acknowledged the depth of his inner struggle. The vulnerability in his eyes was haunting, a silent plea for understanding and acceptance in a world that felt overwhelming and unforgiving.

"I can't even be sure if my thoughts and dreams are my own. "
He trailed considering the recent changes. "It's as if I'm loosing touch with reality. "

image.png

Centerra

"Of course you can," Jasper nodded. "I got denied once when I was younger, but me and the other person remain friends even today. There's always a way to go about that healthily that maintains a good relationship without intimacy."

Jasper did frown as Braze continued to talk. He'd wrap his arm around the boy, giving his shoulder a firm pat as he sighed.

"Listen, buddy," he frowned. "You're young. Everyone goes through a journey where they figure out who they are, and that journey doesn't end soon. I still have been trying to figure everything out, and I'm an adult. Things take time. You're not losing touch with reality, you're just on a trip of self discovery, and these things don't happen over night. I don't want that to be something that holds you back from what you feel."

He turned, giving an warm look to his student. A fatherly one. He understood better than anyone what it was like to be lost, uncertain of who he was. It was a journey he had endured all his life. He didn't want Braze to feel like he couldn't do anything.

"If you're unsure of yourself, you can't be sure of another person either," Jasper stated. "You don't think they feel anything about you, but that isn't a certainty. Hiding from the things you feel keeps you from discovering if the things you feel are actually real. Sometimes the best thing we can do is explore. Explain how we feel, ask about others, try to understand the best that we can. If you find that it really isn't that, then you bow out respectfully and try something new. The important part is that as people we keep moving. Continue to explore, find our truths, and find what we aren't."

He shifted a little to cross his arms.

"You don't have to rush these things though," the man noted. "You're afraid, and that's okay. Self discovery and love and whatever else all takes time, and you shouldn't need to jump right into things either. Everything has a balance. It's just about... finding the sweet spot. So relax. Take your time, clear your head, see where things go when you think you're ready. I hope all of that makes sense. I... can only answer so many questions for you, Braze. Some things you have to find on your own, and I want to help you do that as best I can as your mentor."

His smile returned, and Jasper ruffled the padawan's hair. There was no judgement, no malice, only the care and support that he had for his student. The man wanted good things for Braze, which ultimately ment trusting that he could take his wisdom and make something better of himself, something that he wanted to be. Jasper was merely a guide, not a dictator. Braze's story was his own to craft.

"Any other questions?" he asked. "If you wanna stow the hard talk for a bit we can go find a good site to set up gear at."

Braze nodded softly, his heart feeling lighter as he absorbed Jasper's wisdom and support. The arm around him provided comfort and reassurance, and he leaned into the touch, appreciating the warmth and genuine care that Jasper offered.

"Thanks," he murmured, his voice soft and sincere. He took a moment to compose himself, running his fingers through his snowy white hair and rubbing his glassy jade green eyes with the heels of his palms. A tentative smile graced his lips as he looked up at Jasper, a sense of gratitude in his eyes.

As Jasper continued to speak, Braze listened attentively, absorbing each word like a sponge. He found solace in the fatherly look Jasper gave him, feeling a connection and understanding that he hadn't experienced in a while.

Jasper's words resonated deeply with Braze, and he nodded in agreement as the older Jedi encouraged him to explore his feelings and take his time. He understood that self-discovery and relationships were journeys that required patience and understanding.

"Everything you're saying makes sense," Braze replied, his voice filled with sincerity and appreciation. "I really appreciate your guidance and support, Master Jasper. It means a lot to me."

As Jasper ruffled his hair, Braze couldn't help but smile more genuinely, feeling a sense of reassurance and belonging in his mentor's presence. He fussed at his bangs trying to fix the mussed snowy white locks.

Braze considered for a moment, "You know," Braze started, a hint of awkwardness in his tone, "There's this one person in the group. They're really kind and caring, always looking out for others. They are supper sweet and gentle in everything they do. They have this... I don't know, this light about them that draws people in. I'm afraid that my strong emotions for them could make them uncomfortable... Or I might come across as too forward, causing them to distance themself from me. I am worried that my past traumas and insecurities could negatively impact our friendship. It's getting harder to hid my thoughts and feelings and keep them protected. "

He paused for a moment, glancing at Jasper, his expression soft and thoughtful. "And then there's another person. They're strong, in more ways than one. They have this drive that's admirable. I look up to them, even though I know they don't feel the same way. They are considerate and kind hearted with a good head for advice. I'm worried that my admiration for them could be misinterpreted as romantic interest, potentially causing discomfort or confusion in our relationship. I also fear that I won't be able to connect with them on a deeper level and that my own limitations could hinder our friendship."

Braze's gaze turned distant for a moment, a wistful look in his eyes. "And there's someone else, not in our group, but... they're like a beacon of hope. Every time I see them, it's like a burst of inspiration, and daring in the moment. I know they're out of reach, but I can't help but admire them. I don't know how to just... reach out to them. With them, I have this nagging fear that my admiration might turn into a one-sided infatuation that could affect our friendship. I'm concerned that I won't be able to meet their expectations, and I worry that my struggles and fears could become a burden to them."

He let out a small sigh, as if lamenting something, and then smiled at Jasper. "Sorry, I'm rambling. It's just... complicated feelings, you know?"

Braze continued further... Braze hesitated for a moment, his gaze distant as he tried to put into words the storm of thoughts and emotions swirling within him. He took a deep breath, his voice trembling with vulnerability as he began to speak.

"Jasper, I... I want to get better, not just for myself but for them," he said softly, his eyes locked onto Jasper's. "I want to be the best I can be because... because I want to protect them. I know it sounds cliché, but it's the truth."

He swallowed hard, the weight of his feelings pressing down on him. "Sometimes, I'm not even sure if what I feel is love or just admiration, and that terrifies me. I'm scared that I might be conflating these deep feelings with romantic inclinations, and I don't want to ruin our friendships. But, at the same time, these feelings, this admiration, it's what drives me to want to be better."

Braze paused, his voice steadying as he continued, "I want to be their hero, their knight in shining armor, even though I don't fully understand what I feel. I want to protect them from any harm, from any... pain. But... but I'm afraid that maybe I'm being selfish. That I see them as 'mine' to protect, and I'm not sure if that's right or if it's just some projection of my own desires."

Tears welled up in his eyes, and he blinked them back. "I guess what I'm trying to say is, I don't know if I'm doing this for them or for me. I just want to be better, to be worthy of their friendship, and to make sure nothing bad happens to them. But, I'm so confused, Jasper, and I don't know how to untangle these feelings."

Braze's voice quivered as he poured out his thoughts and feelings, the weight of his vulnerability pressing upon him still. He spoke with raw honesty, his words heavy with the burden he had been carrying.

"I'm just... I find myself apologizing all the time for not being 'perfect,'" he admitted, his gaze distant. "I yearn to be there already, even though deep down, I know that there's no such thing as perfection. But it's this constant striving, this relentless pursuit of some unattainable ideal."

He paused, taking a shaky breath. "I've never felt like this before, never this deeply, never this profoundly," he continued. "I didn't really have close friends before, you know? It's like I'm changing, evolving, and it's happening terrifyingly fast. My peers seem to have already advanced beyond my scope, and I'm just always struggling to play catch up."

Braze's voice grew softer, as if he were confessing a long-held secret. "I keep spiraling like this because I don't know how to just... be. I can kind of do it sometimes, but it's really, really difficult for me to draw myself out of this kind of circling thought process. I can't seem to break free from it."

He hesitated before adding, "And I just can't bring myself to express any of this because I'm so afraid of screwing things up, of looking weak, of disappointing everyone I care so much about. I often feel like maybe I'm living a lie or that I'm lying to myself. It's just so much to take in and think about."

Braze's admission hung in the air before he let out a long heavy sigh... " I know you're trying to help me feel better and I appreciate that... But I don't want you to feel responsible for my happiness... it's not something you can control ya know?" Braze asked.

image.png

Centerra
Tags:

" I know you're trying to help me feel better and I appreciate that... But I don't want you to feel responsible for my happiness... it's not something you can control ya know?"

"Of course I can't control that," Jasper assured. "You're your own person, right? That... isn't going to stop me from doing the best that I can to help you process what it is that you're going through. That would make me a bad teacher..."

Jasper sighed, tucking his hands into his pockets.

"We're not so different, y'know," he noted. "I've... kinda been noticing a lot of different things that a younger me used to do in you. I was afraid of failure as a kid... and I still kind of am. I grew up alone, even at the temple. No close friends, and when the time came I never got a formal teacher... Then I made friends. Real, genuine ones. You've... met a few of them by now. It changed everything. I had something to fight for, something that pushed me to do... terrible things to myself."

It was no secret that he was weak in the force. Everyone knew it by now. Jasper was known for being a self made Jedi, a man who pulled himself up painstakingliy to the top through grit and determination, learning skill that could compete with natural tallent. At least, that's what the Holonet would have you believe, and by extention rumors spread about by younglings between classes.

Things were more complex than that.

"I was always weaker than them," the knight muttered. "I could duel them to a stand still, but the moment the force got involved I was over... deadweight. They didn't need a Jasper to protect them, but I wanted to with every fiber of my being. I couldn't be alone again. Suddenly I found myself doing riskier things. Taking blaster bolts, breaking legs... losing arms. It took one of my closest friends scolding me to finally realize it. I'd spent so much energy trying to be stronger that I hadn't focused on me. I... I struggle with that still. Taking up the blade always burns..."

The knight placed a hand on Braze's shoulder, giving a warm smile.

"You're friends are good kids," he told him. "You're lucky to have them. If they are the driving force for you to keep moving, them keep moving... but you can't let them all lean on you without leaning back. Tearing yourself apart only hurts them. I care about you, a lot more than I think you realize. I don't want you to walk the same road I did. I can't get back what I lost. You're so eager to grow up, I'm... worried you'll lose something too."

Jasper sighed, patting the boy on the back. There wasn't much more to be said, really. He only wanted to give advise, not tell Braze what to do. Ultimately it was his life. The knight could forwarn all he wanted, but the decision lay in the young man's hands, not his. All he could do was let him linger on the words, process them for himself and come to his own conclusions.

"Well, I think we can call that a peptalk over," he beamed. "Better we get all of this out of our system now before we focus on relaxing, yeah? It's hard to rest when your brain is thumping."

wb1.png

TAGS:
@ Jasper Kai'el Jasper Kai'el .
alexboarder.png

As Jasper's words continued to weave their calming spell, Braze felt a tranquility he hadn't known in a long while. His breath, once heavy with the weight of unspoken fears, now came easier, and he found solace in the timbre of Jasper's voice—a balm to his tumultuous thoughts. With a gentle sigh, he acknowledged the unshed emotions that lingered behind his eyes, brushing them away with a quiet resolve.

There was more to say, feelings yet to be unraveled, but Braze sensed that now was not the time for such revelations. Instead, he yearned for a different connection with Jasper, one unmarred by the formalities of their roles. "Thanks," he whispered, a simple word that carried the depth of his gratitude.

His gaze drifted to the shell in his hands, and he toyed with it, a pretense of interest that veiled his shifting thoughts. The idea of adventure sparked a light in his eyes, a contrast to the recent shadows of doubt. "There's a grand, lush forest below, down that way," Braze gestured, his voice tinged with a newfound curiosity. "Or do we want to try to explore a different part of this world?" The question hung in the air, an invitation to step away from the weight of expectation and into the freedom of the unknown.

The Temple of Radiance was perched atop the mountains,with tall spires reaching in to the cloud layers. Its walls, crafted from a luminous stone that seems to capture the very essence of light, rise majestically above the valley below. The view was a beautiful illusion with expansive windows that reflect the azure sky, giving illusion that the building itself is part of the heavens.

Balconies adorned with intricate railings offer panoramic views of the sprawling valley, and the terraced gardens that cascade down the mountain's slopes added bursts of colorful flowers, their fragrance carried on the breeze.

Surrounding the temple, there were majestic beastly dragons with feathered wings. These noble creatures, with scales that shimmer in a myriad of hues—from the deepest emerald to the brightest gold—roost along the temple grounds.

It was easy to understand how one could get lost in the idea that the temple of radiance was a utopia.

Last edited:

image.png

Senterra

"Or do we want to try to explore a different part of this world?"

"We'll have plenty of time to explore," Jasper reasoned. "Let's set up a camp site."

There would be an opportunity to go into town and explore later on. Now was the time for them to get all of the campsite building stuff out of the way so that they could kick back and relax. Unfortunately, Jasper had absolutely no idea where these campsites were. Braze had been the one who did all of the research when they wound up stuck on the planet.

"Hey, you're up, kid," he grinned. "Lead the way. I trust you can find us a good spot."

It was a good show of faith in his student at the very least. A way to help that let them lean on each other in a heathy manner that didn't get either of them beat up.

They needed that sometimes.

wb1.png

TAGS:
alexboarder.png

Braze, feeling a sense of responsibility and excitement at those words, nodded confidently. "Alright, let's find the perfect spot," he said with determination. Guiding Lonestar 1 skillfully, they descended the mountain, and soon, Braze's keen eyes spotted an idyllic clearing in the woods. It was a tranquil haven, nestled close to Tyrryn Nah Nogg, with a vast lake nearby fed by mountain streams that flowed into a meandering river through the woods.

The forest was a alive of nature, vibrant and teeming with energy. The air was filled with the harmonious chirping of birds, and a gentle breeze rustled through the branches of towering trees, their silver bark glistening in the sunlight. The clearing itself was a picturesque setting, adorned with a field of wildflowers that painted the landscape with a myriad of colors. Large rocks with ancient tribal carvings stood sentinel around the edges, adding a sense of timelessness to the place. Delicate, glowing blue-winged pollinators danced among the flowers, creating a scene of enchanting beauty.

Braze was practically bubbling over with excitement as he surveyed the area, his mind already mapping out the perfect layout for their camp. He chose a spot near the edge of the clearing for their cook station and campfire, ensuring it was safe and convenient. He carefully arranged stones in a circle to create a fire pit, mindful of safety and the preservation of the surrounding nature.

For their sleeping area, Braze selected a flat, slightly elevated spot under the protective canopy of the trees. It was ideal for their tents, providing shelter and a comfortable distance from the fire. He set up the tents with precision, ensuring they were secure and comfortable.

The cook station was strategically placed close to the natural water source from the lake. Braze organized their cooking supplies, setting up a portable grill grate over their fire pit, and arranging utensils for easy access. The proximity to the water also made it an ideal spot for washing up after meals.

Once everything was set up, Braze stepped back to admire their handiwork. The campsite was made to be functional and efficent with the surrounding nature. He turned to Jasper with a look of eager anticipation, seeking his mentor's approval. "So, what do you think?" he asked, his voice filled with a mix of pride and hope.

Their campsite, nestled in the heart of nature, was more than just a place to stay; As they settled in, the serene environment promised a time of relaxation, exploration, and bonding, away from the trials and tribulations of their usual lives.

image.png

Senterra

"So, what do you think?"

"Looks good to me," Jasper grinned. "I mean, I would have just slept on the ground if I'm being honest. No tent. I guess anything is better than that."

Jasper sighed, sitting down and taking in the scenery. It was nice. He hadn't been able to get away from the temple like this in a long time. A very long time. Ever since his knighting everything had been all movement, no stopping. Even his time away with the Matukai was for training, something to enhance his own skills. Maybe he needed this.

"Last time I went camping was back during the war," he noted. "We had a week of time to rest before the final push on Exegol. I distinctly recall sitting down around a fire and telling stories, a mix of history and weird urban myths. That was... a while ago now..."

A grin came to his face.

"Oh, that reminds me," the knight noted. "I have a friend I'd like you to meet. Just a second."

The man jumped to his feet, making his way inside the nearby Lonestar 1, returning with a box without a lid, full of loose components. He set it down, removing a small droid...

pyf_time.png

It seemed to have a well polished shell, despite the scratches. Aged, but well cared for. It had been some time since the little spark had been active. He had become damaged after a mission, and Jasper had comitted himself to bringing him back online. A friend from his childhood, one which he was very eager to wake up once again. He powered on the droid, it's green eye flickering as it flared to life.

"Hey," Jasper greeted. "Your brain wired properly?"

"Feels like it," the Spark droid noted, whirring as it floated up into the air. "Alright, kid, how long did you take to fix me this time?"

Jasper grimmaced awkardly, rubbing the back of his head.

"I mean, only a year," he whinced. "In my defence I had some complications."

"You mean you took on a bunch of responsibilities and got in over your head," the orb noted. "I'm glad I don't have to worry about you getting weird on me any time soon."

The droid drifted over to Braze, analyzing the padawan with his mechanical eye as he hovered in circles around the boy for a moment. Jasper couldn't help but rub at his nose at the remarks that his mechanical companion had made. It was like being a younger Jedi again, even if for a moment.

"Why hello there," his companion greeted. "GH-PY447, surveylance assistant and emergency translator, but you may call me Pyf. Strange... Is he the age you were when we met, Jasper? He looks about the same height. Did you and Marissa have a son?"

"No, buddy, it's only been a year," Jasper laughed. "Humans don't age that fast. Braze is my student." He turned to Braze, giving a slight grin. "Right then. Figured I'd get you both aqcuainted, since I hope we'll be working together pleanty going forward. In the meantime, Braze, you're up. We still got daylight ahead of us. What do you wanna do?"

Braze perked up, hearing Jasper's approval of the campsite. He padded over to where Jasper had settled down and took a seat next to him, his jade green eyes settling on his master, listening with rapt attention. That is, until Jasper stood up to fetch a box. Braze watched curiously, tilting his head as he looked at the droid Jasper took out, squinting slightly.

"A year? You left your friend in a box for a year?" Braze's eyebrows arched upwards, passing a glance to Jasper as the droid even went so far as to lightly scold Jasper. He stifled the beginnings of a chuckle, covering his mouth as he smirked.

"Uh... well, nice to meet you, Pyf,"
he offered, looking the curious droid over.

"What do I want to do? I'd like to maybe build a shelter... it's not a real necessity since we have tents and a ship we can rest in, but it might be fun... so maybe not that today... how about foraging? That sounds fun, and we can explore the area a bit more... maybe try and find some acorns we can extract tannin from," Braze suggested. "Maybe find decent sources of food supplies we can either gather or hunt," he added. "What do you like to do when you camp, Master Kai'el?" Braze queried curiously.

He glanced at the droid, Pyf, who was now hovering nearby, its green eye blinking curiously. "What do you think, Pyf? Ready for a little adventure in the wilderness?"

image.png

Senterra

"A year? You left your friend in a box for a year?"

"Ha! I like this kid," Pyf laughed. "Look, it ain't a big deal. Trust me, Jasper didn't forget about lil' old me. My components are getting harder to come by these days. He doesn't exactly have good credit lining his pockets."

"Yeah," Jasper sighed. "I... am very broke. Everything happened at a poor time too, what with the war. Nobody was willing to sell Spark components untill a few weeks ago."

"Oh," the droid whirred. "That's... concerning."

Jasper didn't much like that. Droids developed minds and personalities of their own, independent of their programming. He had seen it happen countless times. It was concerning that they could get phased out and forgotten, replaced by newer models. It was like being born only for a newer, better person to take your place in life in five years. He wasn't a fan of it at all, but at the very least Braze was there to shift the topic. He brought up foraging, which rose a grin out of him.

"Tannin?" he noted. "Sounds interesting. Been going to botany classes? When I camp I kinda just... exist in nature. Don't always need a shelter either. Sleeping under the stars is fine by me, but I'm game for whatever you wanna do."

"What do you think, Pyf? Ready for a little adventure in the wilderness?"

"I hung out with this lunk in the Hyperspace War," Pyf noted. "Adventure is a breeze. I believe I can also provide some assistance in identification of local flora if necessary. I have access to over three thousand two hundred different encyclopedias detailing intergalactic ecosystems uploaded to my mainframe directly from the holonet, that way I can identify toxins."

The knight couldn't help but roll his eyes.

"Well, I'll take that as an okay," Jasper laughed. "Lead the way, Braze."

In the heart of the forest, Braze's laughter mingled with the playful banter between Pyf and Jasper. "Good to know you're broke, Jasper," he teased. "I'll remember to bet all your credits when the need arises." With a flourish, he fashioned a makeshift sling from a piece of his clothing, his movements light and deft. "Alrighty then! Off we go!" he chirped, his voice carrying the melody of their cheerful endeavor as he handed Jasper a scavenged box from the ship.

As they ventured deeper into the woods, the world opened up into a bountiful untouched land. Braze discovered a treasure trove of pine cones, a plethora of greens and browns, nestled among the forest floor. He gathered them with delight, along with acorns and a medley of wild herbs. Each find was a new wonder, and he eagerly quizzed Pyf about their names and uses. The teeming bounty they gathered included wild carrots, morrels, garlic, lemongrass, onions, sloes, rose hips, mulberries, crab apples, dandelions, clover, and pine needles – each a gem in the rich bounty of the forest.

Their journey led them to a babbling stream, where Braze, with the curiosity of a child, abandoned his boots to chase after what he playfully called 'little lobsters'. The stream was alive with these tiny, scuttling creatures and small bivalves, darting through the clear water. Braze set his satchel aside, his movements light and nimble as he scampered after the elusive swimmers. He began to construct a rocky alcove in the water, a playful trap to corner his quarry.

"They are fast!" he exclaimed, his voice filled with excitement. He dove toward one of the 'little lobsters'.

As they foraged, the forest seemed to come alive with its own curiosity. Woodland creatures, drawn by the strange two-leggers, fuzzy little creatures with large ears and fluffy tails trailed after them curious as to what they were doing.

image.png

Senterra

"They are fast!"

"Well, they are in their natural habitat," Pyf noted. "Crawfish have a powerful tail that allows them to propel themselves a considerable distance. Typically traps are required to be set up well in advance."

Jasper chuckled, rolling his shoulder as he made his way over to Braze.

"Watch, you're doing it the had way," Jasper chimed in. "I like to think of myself as a bit of a problem solver."

With a grin, Jasper drew his side arm, firing off stun rounds into the water. In a matter of seconds, around twenty or so crawfish floated up to the surface, paralyzed. He couldn't help but look on proudly as he holstered the blaster in his jumpsuit, turning back to Braze with an enthusiastic look about him.

"See?" the knight spoke again. "Easy."

wb1.png

TAGS:
alexboarder.png

"Guess I'll figure out how to set up some traps later on then," Braze remarked to Pyf, considering alternative methods for their task.

"Like fish in a barrel, huh?" he mused, gathering up the cray fish and popping them into his little basket. Climbing out of the water with his bounty, he added, "I suppose that is more effective... maybe a little less fun though." His tone was light.

As they continued, a group of woodland creatures took notice of them. A small horde of fluffy, big-eared, fox-like creatures began to sniff around Jasper curiously. They seemed unafraid of the humans, their interest piqued more by the possibility of treats than any potential threat.

"Awee... they're so cute!"

Braze couldn't help but smile at the sight of the little stampede of critters. He knelt down and offered a crayfish to one of them. This gesture sparked a cute little 'game' among the creatures, as another came over to try and steal the crayfish, leading to a playful tussle and the eventual tearing apart of the poor thing.

"Hey Pyf, what are these called?" Braze asked, his curiosity piqued by the lively animals swarming around Jasper's feet, looking up at him with big eyes and wagging their huge fluffy tails, yipping and squeaking eagerly.

Noticing that the creatures seemed less interested in him, likely due to his soaking-wet condition, Braze turned his attention back to his companions. "Hey, Master Kai'el? Have you ever been stranded somewhere where you had to do all this to survive and not just for fun? You've been to a lot of places, right?" His question to Master Kai'el was genuine, seeking insight into the experiences of someone who had likely faced a variety of challenges in different environments.

"Did any of those experiences count towards your trials, if you had them?" Braze inquired, his curiosity evident in his tone. "I bet the journey to becoming a Knight wasn't easy, huh? Maybe you could share some stories about the Trials you've been through? I'd really like to hear what it was like for you."

Braze's questions were more than mere curiosity; they reflected his eagerness to understand the challenges of a Jedi's journey. His somber jade green eyes held a genuine interest as he looked at his Master , seeking to learn from the experiences of a seasoned Jedi.

The concept of the Jedi Trials appeared ominous and daunting to Braze, and hearing firsthand accounts from someone who had successfully navigated them would provide valuable insights. He hoped to glean lessons and inspiration from Master Kai'el's experiences.

Braze had requested for stories about the Trials as a way for him to mentally prepare for his own future challenges.

image.png

Senterra

"Hey Pyf, what are these called?"

"How curious," Pyf mused. "It seems that the data I have access to is patchy. Perhaps it is in need of an update to be in line with the most recent data. From my analysis they seem to be mammalian, likely near canine. Other than that, I couldn't tell you."

Jasper frowned as they swarmed his feet. They were a little too interested in him for his liking. He could forsee their fur getting all over his clothes and making him sneeze for the rest of the night. It was then that even more questions came his way, this time more in line with the Jedi Trials.

"Yeah, I've been stranded and had to survive," Jasper shrugged. "I'd guess that it could have applied to the trial of skill or flesh, but I had already finished those by that point. There... isn't really much to talk about when it comes to my trials. They aren't exactly things I'd want you to replicate, y'know?"

"Well, unless you want to lose an arm in a starfighter crash," Pyf noted. "My advise is to avoid that one."

The knight sighed, rubbing at his nose.

"Yeah..." he sighed. "I can teach you, but some things you'll just need to approach your own way. My trials were an... extreme case."

The war made it hard for it not to be extreme.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom