Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Faction The Heart Line Story - Don't Make It Starweird [CIS]

Orbit of Bothawui
GUIDE HQ: Beacon of Broadcast
Heart Line Hyperlane Project Flotilla
CIS Obsidian Knights | Isaiah Dashiell | Loske Treicolt Loske Treicolt | Hazel Scheler Hazel Scheler | Rann Thress Rann Thress
S T A R W E I R D S

Anguis_Exiliens.jpg
"My name is Magdalena Lethe and I am the Founder of GUIDE. I would like to personally thank you all for answering my call for help in this time of need."

Magda stood at the front of the conference room, looking out upon all manner of peoples gathered today from various corners of CIS space and beyond. She'd counted them all before she began speaking and with the growing numbers Magda found herself caught between the rock of hope and the hard-place of fear. All these people were here today knowing a dangerous task was set ahead of them. One that had very nearly taken the lives of her own crew not but several months ago.

"Bothawui stands as the starting gate for a great project that will connect the many worlds of Confederacy space, providing a means for accelerated commerce, trade, and security. The Heart Line is a major hyperlane that will change the lives of countless many and connect your people for the betterment of all their futures. It is imperative that the mission you have signed on for today succeed in order to see this project become a reality."

Magda stepped over toward a podium where a holographic interface control module glowed a somber blue. A few taps and a gesture brought into view a depiction of Confederacy space, its many territories within, and the red line of the plotted Heart Line hyperlane route. She lifted a hand to indicate a section wherein the field zoomed in.

"Four months ago my teams discovered an historic battlefield graveyard on the plotted route between Bothawui and Kamino. The field stretches for several parsecs in every direction, but at its heart are the broken pieces of three Destroyer class ships. It is within this section that my crew was overcome by a nest of Starweirds. Many were injured, one was almost killed..." her gaze drifted off to a particular face nearby, acknowledging Isaiah in silence before continuing, "I have asked you here today because you were the elite force recommended to me by your leader. Starweirds are dangerous, deadly in particular to those of us who cannot protect ourselves through use of the Force. They cannot be harmed by ordinary means, but only through the Force itself. They need no air and can travel through the vaccuum of space at will, phasing through solid objects such as the hull and armor of your ships before appearing without warning."

"Perhaps I am naive to the no doubt countless challenges you all may have faced within your lifetimes, but to me this is the stuff of nightmares."

A deep sigh carried that admission through the air and, for a short moment, Magda found herself once more grateful the people before her could not see her face through her visor.

"Preliminary scans have detected over a dozen entities within the immediate incident zone. We cannot say for certain this is the extent of the commune, but this is where Phase 1 of the mission begins. Our plan is to send in a bait ship with a holdout of Velokrons and two volunteers to draw out the Starweirds. After that we will move in separate teams from the outside to contain them within the area and systematically eradicate them."

"Captain Hazel Scheler has volunteered to pilot the bait ship in. Do I have two volunteers to go with her and do I have any questions, suggestions, or further intel from your own experiences in dealing with these creatures?"

Last edited:

Isaiah Dashiell

I
And so here they were. After so long they were returning to that place. Izzy was still using the old pathfinder armor he'd stolen all those years ago. It had been a different time then, and while he couldn't say he wouldn't swipe something off the rack of a CIS battleship if it was just waiting to be taken, he could say he hadn't actually stollen anything in what felt like decades. He had a reputation to keep up now! He was supposed to respectable and all that.

He stood at the back of the room, arms folded over his chest, his eyes focused only on Mags. She'd grown so much and he was so proud of her.

But there was no way in Hell that he was getting on that shuttle going back there again. Unless Mags went in which case he would be obligated to go, if only so she didn't die alone. Because they would die if they went back. He just felt it in his gut.

kobanner_1.png

G U I D E
Voph had kept to himself upon boarding the ship, only just arriving to the briefing mere moments before their host Magda, had begun speaking. Starweirds were one of the precious few entities he'd never encountered directly, thus he could not approach with the full confidence of someone that knew what he was doing. But he'd heard enough about the theoretics behind killing them. Besides, if anyone in the galaxy was qualified to hunt such a fearsome creature, it was Voph. There was, however, a pit in the bottom of his stomach. They were en-route to Bothawui. Or at least, a site near it.

As Voph stepped into the meeting room where Magda was addressing the gathered volunteers. Voph was easily one of the best prepared at a glance. Standing in full armor, wielding both his saber and an elegant long-sword that practically hummed with Force energy. Legend had it that the realm of the physical could not affect the Starweirds. Voph's sword had been forged for exactly such a purpose. In fact, both blades could be used in such a manner that would prove just as deadly to these beasts as they were to him.

"I'll go." Voph looked around the room as he spoke, wondering who among their number was brave enough to follow him onto the bait ship. He was no longer the Lord Commander, no longer would he ask the Knights to follow him. "Ensure whatever ships we intend to bring against these creatures has ample room in which to fight. We'll have to let the creatures come to us." Voph slung a bag from his shoulder, and withdrew a single item from it. He held what was revealed to be a pistol aloft. "I've brought one for each of you to use. Each can act as a focus through which you can channel the Force. Or, in laymans terms, something that can shoot, and hopefully kill, Starweirds. Watch your aim, though. It will work on bulkheads just as well as Starweirds."

..N..O..N..L..E..T..H..A..L..
"Plenty of room in the cargo hold," Hazel replied to Kyyrk Kyyrk from where she stood to Magda's right, "got it all cleared out."

Wasn't her typical job but her current employer had agreed to a healthy bonus if she'd signed on for the venture. Mr. Black had a thing for GUIDE and its goals, which meant the owner of the Marrow & Illskins Alchemy shoppes was more than willing to pitch in and help. She tracked Voph's bag and the presented pistol with interest.

"Will that work for us normies or just you fancy Space Wizards?" The woman offered a smirk in that regard, stepping forward to visually inspect the weapon at the tableside, "If you're like me and you don't have command of Force frippery, these little kicks will still work for you."

Helmet set on the table, Hazel reached around to her back where she withdrew a smallish hexagonal element from a utility belt. Holding it out in her palm, it gave off a faint glow and a noticeable Lightsided Force signature, "These are called Velokrons and each of them contains a Master-level area of effect Force power within; specifically Force Light or Force Bellow, both of which should be handy against Starweirds. They've got a target radius of approximately 30 feet and a duration of about 3 minutes. They don't discriminate, so if you don't want to get hit by 'em, make sure you're out of range. You activate them by calling out the release word etched into the bottom - those are unique to every 'kron. I've been using them in the field for about two years now and they're damned effective but easy to set off if you're thinking of practicing the release command out loud. Don't make the same mistake I did."

"Oh, the man who makes these has also offered one free, custom alchemized weapon or trinket of your request to whoever brings in the head of the Starweird Queen."

Last edited:

S T A R W H A T ?

rann.png

WEARING: Black robes with golden trim

TAG: Kyyrk Kyyrk Magdalena Lethe Magdalena Lethe Hazel Scheler Hazel Scheler Isaiah Dashiell

It took everything.​

A name on his list. Right. There.​

Kyyrk Kyyrk .​

It took Everything Rann had. To not try to kill him. And it was very difficult. Perhaps one of the more challenging opponents on his list, Voph. One Rann knew he had very little actual chance in defeating. At least not. But...Here he was. And he was going on the ship full of...​

...Something. Rann didn’t know, he didn’t hear. He didn’t care. But he should. He was here for the mission, not who was on it.​

“I’ll go too. That’s non negotiable.” He said, his voice metallic from inside his helmet. The entire time, his eyes never left Voph. His master. Perhaps even a friend at some point. But on his list all the same. This was a good opportunity to study him. Find out what type of opponent Voph is. He only ever knew what kind of ally he was.​

Stalwart. Reliable. A good comrade.​

Rann tried to remember why he was here beyond that. He didn’t know Voph would be here, he was here for Magdalena. He promised to assist her in her mission, and that’s what he would do. This wouldn’t devolve into another death match. ​

With a deep breath, Rann tore his gaze from Voph and looked around. He was here. For. The. Mission. For Magdalena. Focus, remember.​

“I hope that won’t be a problem.” He said as he raised his hands and summoned one of each offered item, the pistol and magic thing. The light sided energy signature within caused him to recoil slightly, but all the same he added it to his belt alongside the pistol.​

“Thanks I won’t kill myself with the thing. Or the pistol.” He said as he patted his belt.​

“Now. Shall... uh. Shall we?”

Go on the ship... there’s a bunch of Starweirds.​

Starwhats?

Last edited:
Taiia-Test.png

Protect

Equipment: Lightsaber
Companion: Laneya Wexler Laneya Wexler
Taiia stood quietly to one side while Magdalena gave her briefing, she had heard the short version during their talk on Roon but she still listened as she spoke. She glanced to one side to check on Laneya it was a dangerous mission but it would be good experience for her and she would be by her side the entire time. Green eyes turned from her young charge over to the Lord Commander, a small smile touched her lips as she corrected herself that title now belonged to Gerwald Lechner Gerwald Lechner but still it was reassuring that Kyyrk Kyyrk and come to help. There were of course others present that Magdalena no doubt recruited but she was personally not familiar with.​
She stepped forward toward Voph and reached out to take hold of a pair of the pistols. "I will remain here with Laneya and we will defend Magdalena and the others. Should somehow they slip past you, it would not do to have all of our defense away from the most vulnerable. Try to keep the ship in one piece, im sure Guide would like it back." she gave him a small smirk before she turned walking back to Laneya, as she did paused and walked over to Hazel Scheler Hazel Scheler accepting the velokrons from her. "We should turn down no advantage here." finally she returned Lana handed a pistol and velokron to her then she turned to survey the rest of their merry band..​

Isaiah Dashiell Kyyrk Kyyrk Rann Thress Rann Thress Taiia Locke Taiia Locke Hazel Scheler Hazel Scheler

Magda couldn't say what emotion was presently causing her heart to feel like it was in a vice. Likely gratitude overwhelmed by a bitter sense of fear. The terrors of that desolate field that her teams had faced had been long enough ago that the memories shouldn't feel as fresh as they did. Her gaze shifted to Isaiah Dashiell as she listened to the others, wishing he wasn't standing so far away from her. He'd become her rock during the challenging moments for GUIDE and she could never express how lucky she felt that he hadn't been taken from her the first time they'd flown into the graveyard.

She didn't recognize Voph or Rann for his mask, but Taiia's face was a welcome one. It would be good to have the woman on board - her presence was calming.

"Thank you both for volunteering. My ship will remain on the outskirts of the debris field. The Circle of Healers has sent along several from their Order to tend to the wounded, though I would rather we didn't need them I am glad they are here. We have three strike teams ready to embark. I hope to see everyone back here at the end of this. Be safe, and may the Force be with you all."

A short while after the Strike Teams disembark...

Magda moved her party to the bridge of the Beacon and gave the order to Captain Ra to move out.

"Taiia," she held out her hand to the woman in greeting, one that the Master would find was faintly trembling, "thank you so much for your help in setting this into motion. I really can't express my gratitude properly. I just hope everyone makes it out ok. We nearly lost Isaiah here from the previous event and I couldn't even fathom going back in there. Izzy, this is Master Taiia of the Obsidian Knights."

SOMEWHERE BETWEEN BOTHAWUI & KAMINO
Kyyrk Kyyrk Rann Thress Rann Thress
2uOzYj4.jpg

The AT-120 Freighter dropped out of hyperspace at the head of the Strike Team ships. Before them and filling the viewport of the pilot's chamber was a debris field spanning as far as the eye could see in every direction. Remnants of an ancient war denoted by pieces of ships still discernible by their year of make. At the heart of the field sat the hulking masses of three Star Destroyers, torn apart by battle and long since battered from sitting adrift among the detritus.

However much time had passed since the event that made the field was likely impossible to say. Hazel doubted anyone from that time was still alive and coherent enough to remember.

"Gentlemen," she said to her two passengers, "our destination is right in the gullet of those destroyers. The goal is to draw in the beasties like moths to a flame, so-" Hazel glanced back at both of them, "power up and flame on."

In they went.

Last edited:
Hazel Scheler Hazel Scheler Kyyrk Kyyrk Rann Thress Rann Thress

Another vessel had come on out to play, lured by friends of friends of friends of GUIDE. A transmission crackled in Hazel's comm panel.

The source was a set of space-suited Whiphids, each seven to ten feet tall. Their leader held a very large sword - actually, they all did, and those weapons were Force-imbued in a cold and gleeful kind of way. These were young boars from the Toglannoq, We Who Walk the Ice, the Whiphid Force tradition. The Toglannoq had a strong presence on the Confederate world of Gertafuu Six. All that to say-

"Transport," a borderline subsonic voice rumbled over the comms, "this is the Whiphid raider Kick in the Crevasse. Are you, by chance, here to hunt starweirds?"

Kick in the Crevasse ...

["Now there's a good name."] Brom, her ship's "AI" said over her comm interface. Hazel grinned in her helmet. She had no fething clue what a Whiphid was but she liked their style.

"Captain Scheler here. That's a big affirmative, Crevasse. Guess word got out to the right people - here to help? We could definitely use it."

The galactic grapevine was far-spanning and healthy.

Velok Brokentusk Velok Brokentusk

Last edited:
He wasn't sure where they were going, and really he didn't care. A chance to hunt with the Whipid was enough for any Cragmoloid to find reason to join up. The whole impossible prey thing was just a positive on the side he happily accepted. Looking over the blade Velok was carrying he couldn't help but wonder where one could pick up one of those. Maybe that moon with all the big beds?

Giving a large stretch he stepped behind the Whipids more then simply pleased at the excess of room in the ship. Now here was a people who knew how to live. How had it taken him so long to find Whipids? Of course that also plagued the question of why didn't Cragmoloids make their own bloody ships. They were a proud people, but every now and then he felt like they simply allowed the galaxy to pass them back. It was good to focus on the herd, but they needed to stop forgetting their were other herds out there.

Giving a good scratch across his trunk he waved with it towards the rather fun looking swords. "You know one of these days I'm going to have to take the dive into alchemy. Everyone seems to have fun toys but the Cragmoloids. Then again maybe that's because an army of Cragmoloids with toys would cause the galaxy to collectively piss. At least if they're smart about it."

Velok Brokentusk Velok Brokentusk Hazel Scheler Hazel Scheler Magdalena Lethe Magdalena Lethe Taiia Locke Taiia Locke Kyyrk Kyyrk Rann Thress Rann Thress

"Well, help is kind of a strong word, Captain," Velok said. "But yes."

He turned away from the AT-130's distant glimmer and eyed Grundark Grundark through the visor of his space suit. "I could get behind that. Wish I'd had my tusks alchemized." He grinned, revealing silver-capped stubs with runes on them. "Sith Lord put my face through a wall before I killed him. Of course, then I had'em alchemized for stronger fireball belching."

The extra-large airlock beckoned, as did a Grundark-sized space suit. Some of the Whiphids were already out there, digging into the nearest big chunk of wreck. Velok headed out.

He stopped to consider it for a moment, the idea of flaming tusks that is. His mind fantasized about the image as he got dressed imagine the fire reflected in his enemy's eyes are they knew they were about to die. Then he pushed himself through the airlock with a controlled spin to get a good look around. The flaming tusks could wait, by the dark gods it might not even be possible, but until he studied alchemy he'd never know.

It occurred to him then that his rune encrusting friend might know something more of the trade that I put designs on my own teeth. So those runes, shorty, that little piece of information come with any others that might come in tusk size? He'd have made fun of the size of his tusks instead, but they were friends and friends didn't bring such dishonor on one another.

Stretching out his long trunk he arrived with a thud besides the other Whipids. He'd found many herds during his time but looking at them he couldn't help but wonder about his own herd, and their rather useless home world. One day though he'd take a new home for them, one day he'd make his herd whole again.

Velok Brokentusk Velok Brokentusk

Isaiah Dashiell

I
Bridge of the Beacon
Magdalena Lethe Magdalena Lethe Taiia Locke Taiia Locke

Somehow…She’d talked him into coming to this place again. Not that there was much she had to say other than “I’m going” to get him to follow her. There was no way in all the Corellian Hells that he’d let her come back to this place without him.

A Starweird Nest. He shuddered at the thought of it.

The bridge was bustling with activity. The strike teams were out and supposedly clearing out the Starweirds, however one did that. Could they even really be killed? How were they made in the first place? So many questions so many-

"Izzy, this is Master Taiia of the Obsidian Knights."

Isaiah paused and looked at the Knight, or rather, the Lord. He’d heard of the Obsidian Knights, of course, most folks had at least heard of them. They were the Confederacy’s answer to the Jedi and Sith, an Order of Forceful beings who brought the wrath and justice of the Confederacy upon their enemies. He was pretty sure they weren’t religious like the Jedi or Sith though. Did that mean she wouldn’t hesitate to squish him with his mind if he pissed her off? Would she-

Ah. He was staring at her with a really dumb look just now wasn’t he? Well…She was easy on the eyes. Mags couldn’t blame him for that…He was a man after all…Right? Somehow he felt as if in a moment he’d feel her anger in the Force and hoped she didn’t notice.

“Good to meet you, uhh, Master? Lord? What, what do I call you? Confederates have a lot of titles, hard to keep track.” He sidled up to Mags and draped an arm over her shoulder out of habit.

“Either way, glad to have you with us.”

Taiia-Test.png

Protect

Equipment: Lightsaber
Companion: Laneya Wexler Laneya Wexler
Taiia turned her attention from Lana and looked to Magdalena once she heard her name. When Taiia took Magda's hand she gently placed her other hand ontop of hers giving her a reassuring nod along with it. "You give me far too much credit all I did was listen and pass on what was said. Nevertheless you are most welcome and I am happy to help. "
"Izzy, this is Master Taiia of the Obsidian Knights."
The red haired woman turned to regard Isaiah a small smile playing at her lips, she could well imagine the questions he had. It was of course not her first time meeting somebody who had never met a force user. "Just Taiia is fine. I don't particularly get hung up on titles. Im glad to be here to help keep you all safe."

S T A R W H A T S ?

rann.png

WEARING:

TAG: Hazel Scheler Hazel Scheler Kyyrk Kyyrk Velok Brokentusk Velok Brokentusk

Rann was still extremely unclear as to what exactly they were doing here. It was dangerous, he knew that. And in the vacuum of space. In the husk of three dead Star Destroyers.​

“Beautiful ships.” He said, remarking on the debilitated spacecraft. “A shame to see them like this.” He sighed inside his helmet, the sound produced seemed a bit...unnatural he had to admit. Oh well.​

He turned to look at Hazel. He still felt bad for what happened on Naboo, and fought every urge to vehemently apologize for his actions there. But...he figured he would wait until after the mission was completed.​

“I’m still not 100% on what we’re doing here. What is a Starweird? I didn’t read any briefing and I was kinda...distracted if it was ever explained. Some kinda beasty? Lives in the vacuum of space? And this thing,” he pointed to the Velokron on his belt, “can defeat one?”

“And we’re bait? Right. No big deal.” He turned to look back out the viewport. These ships were beautiful.​

“I need a ship like this.” He said quietly. Powerful. Intimidating. Worthy of his station.​

“Think these things would be willing to move out? Let me move in? It’s a bit of a fixer upper but... Even deconstructed like this. Star Destroyers are...mm.” He crossed his arms over his chest.​

“I’m ready. Let’s get it done. What’s the first step?” He turned back to Hazel and placed his hands on his belt close to his lightsabers. He was antsy now, ready to fight.​

Rann Thress Rann Thress Grundark Grundark Velok Brokentusk Velok Brokentusk

Hazel exchanged a short glance with the Jedi Master standing at her other side, both of them having grown quite silent once Rann started talking. The merc, to her credit, managed to withhold a derisive snort.

"You picked a bad mission not to read the briefings, kid. Master, care to do the honors?"

The Jedi raised his brows and gave Rann a short once-over, "Starweirds are the bane of any lone force user. They are drawn to us, feed upon us like ravenous geists of space. You cannot protect yourself with brute strength, you can only do so with the Force. These tools will certainly help, but they won't do the job for us."

"We're in position," Hazel turned her ship about shortly, settling it nicely into an open area between the massive portions of torn battleships, "should be pretty well shielded from the debris field here. The cargo bay is all yours and there's suits back there if you're feeling particularly foolhardy."

"We cannot leave you unguarded, Captain," the Jedi frowned.

"I'll be alright. They won't be comin' after me with you two snacks running around."

"Very well," he nodded and then motioned to Rann to follow him to the back cargo hold.

"I am Master Philar," he said, drawing his lightsaber and igniting the green blade with the tell-tale snaphiss, "and I believe we have our work cut out for us. When you are ready, empower your Force presence to draw them in. Together now..."

Last edited:
S T A R W H A T ?

rann.png

WEARING:

TAG: Hazel Scheler Hazel Scheler

Rann listened to the quick briefing the Jedi had given and looked down at his lightsabers. Then at his hands. His robotic right one was...useless for this, he looked at his left and summoned the force to it, electrifying the air around his hand. He was hardly a master with Force Lightning. He hardly ever used the power. But... if that’s what needed to happen. His lightsabers would be next to useless. Why was he here again? This sounded like a nightmare!

“Really unfortunate I didn’t prepare.” He said quietly to himself.

Telekinesis was out, too. If the Force was to be the only weapon against these creatures, hitting them with debris would do nothing. Rann could keep them at bay with Push, maybe maybe thrash them around but it was Lightning or it was nothing.

“I really wish my left hand was my dominant hand.” He sighed and followed the Jedi.

“Great to meet you Master Philar. I am...hunh. Rann Thress.” he still loathed to use that name, but it was just easier still than to refer to himself by his chosen Sith name. For now, at least.

“I am ready whenever you are, Master Jedi.” He said as he drew one of his lightsabers from his belt and ignited it. With the other hand he summoned the force around them to carry his presence far, to announce to the beasts that lurk of his being there.

It was time to ring the dinner bell.

"Somebody ring the dinner bell?"

Velok glaciated into the derelict's cargo hold alongside half a dozen equally mountainous Whiphid Forcers and the even larger Lord Grundark Grundark , all of them in space suits. With a gigantic nasty sword in hand, Velok put his back to the assembled folks, Jedi included. If they wanted to make a fuss about the unmitigated Dark Side presence that the new arrivals gave off, so be it. For the moment, he was quite content to just attract starweirds.

A chant built up, resonating through the Whiphids' helmets. The chant was not in Basic. The Dark Side swelled further, and the Force wrapped itself around their gloved hands. Force Weapon or close enough, the same skill a few Jedi used to due with walking sticks. Hopefully it would let the Whiphids...come to grips with the situation.

"Captain Scheler, I presume," Velok said over his shoulder.

Hazel Scheler Hazel Scheler Rann Thress Rann Thress

Isaiah Dashiell Taiia Locke Taiia Locke Laneya Wexler Laneya Wexler

Magda did not, in fact, notice Izzy staring. She was a bit caught up in her anxiousness for the mission. The arm on her shoulder was a little harder to miss, though, and she couldn't be happier that it was there and to be used as a leaning post like always. A hand reached up to gently grip and squeeze at Izzy's forearm, though he likely couldn't feel it through the armor.

"You're so humble," she said to Taiia, "Izzy is the Senior Pathfinder leading the plotting team from this end of the lane. We're all so eager to get back to work ... I just hope everyone makes it out from the mission alright." If there was one more thing Magda did not want to be held responsible for, it was further deaths and injuries because of her dream.

Her faceplate angled to Taiia's side, noting the younger woman with her, "Who is this? Your apprentice? Do Obsidian Knights ...have apprentices? Or are they padawans? ...Acolytes?"

"Bait ship is in position, Miss Lethe," Captain Ra reported from her command chair, "and another ship has joined them."

"One of ours?"

"No, not anything I recognize. Non-hostile. I'll check in with Captain Scheler."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom