Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Army of Light, (Interest Check)

@[member="Hion the Herglic"]
Nope.

But fighting Sith is what this groups about. Moral or not, it's nice and simple :D

PS you especially can join the skype group, for your Sith Muse. Yep I want it to work for both factions. You want a good fight now and again, it's here now.

Carn Dista

C
In terms of IC: In honesty, if you can convince Carn that there's more than a solid reason for doing this, and that there's enough support from more conservative Jedi to give this the general thumbs up, then he might lend his help. However I doubt he'd be an advocate of actions that breach what he defines as the true way of the Jedi.

In terms of OOC: I'll give you as much help as I can do, all you have to do is ask. :)

Carn Dista

C
Vulpesen said:
Well... the sith did just try to blow up our senate. I think that might ruffle a few feathers in the jedi.
Truesay. Start a thread and @ me if this army of light stuff happens IC, and we'll negotiate from there.

Hahahahaha

You kids and your righteous cause.

You see at first you begin by making a creed and a code to stand by. You enter the fray for justice and right, but you face a ruthless enemy that is not bound by a code of morality. Against such a foe you start to face defeat and you lose loved ones because you weren't prepared. In the heat of battle you realize that you have to adapt because you need to be wolves to hunt wolves. The code becomes a saying spoken with hollow words as you become willing to do almost anything to defeat the Sith. Then years later when you're standing over your broken enemies you look back at the blood flowing behind you. You think of the lives you had to take and the lives you had to sacrifice to get to where you are.

Then it dawns on you, but you find your eyes have no more tears to hide because you have shed them all. Life is meaningless to you now, and nothing can fill that hollow pit where your soul once was.

I salute you! For you are the next generation of the Sith! The names and the excuses change, but actions never do. History repeats itself.

*Bows*

Tegaea Alcori said:
@[member="Vascious Relens"] And yet...not every militant Jedi ever has 'turned' to the Dark Side. The Dark Side isn't some sort of cosmic demon ready to possess the unwary, it's a state of mind and a lack of clarity of purpose.
@[member="Tegaea Alcori"]
It didn't dawn on me what you were saying at first because I was in a hurry.

I agree, but I think the reason most don't fall is because they don't take the draw of the darkside seriously if they even write about it at all.

I'm not saying the darkside is a sentient demon that possesses you all of a sudden. It doesn't make you suddenly start eating babies. There are Sith like that, but they're just trying way to hard to be 'evil'. Everyone is affected by the draw of greed, hatred, lust, and sorrow. Jedi are separated by the common soldier with the force. The force is a conduit that magnifies the good or the darkness in a person's heart. The force can accelerate a person's corruption because of how much it can magnify their emotions. They have godlike power and those powers come with great self restraint or cost.

They don't notice it gnawing at their minds until one day they open their eyes and they realize what they've done. Anakin kept doing what he thought was right as he was guided down a dark path. Then suddenly he opens his eyes right after nearly killing the love of his life. Years later he'd find the anchor to redeem himself.

I hope to see that internal struggle. I want to see an Army of Light Jedi crying their eyes out because of a murder they just committed on accident or something they had to do to get the job done. Maybe one of them opens his eyes and realizes that the call he just made just sent thousands of people to their deaths because of his miscalculations or calls. How do they deal with that? Maybe alcohol to cope or maybe they start to rationalize their choices. Maybe a year later they stop caring about the lives lost. They become so caught up in their mission that they become drunk on the power they've acquired.

This is what makes great Jedi in my opinion. The greatest Jedi Masters I ever read and respected went that extra mile to uphold their code. They made mistakes and it shook the very foundations of their souls. Yet they persevered or they moved on to become the next generation of amazing Sith Masters.

This Army of Light is a fantastic idea and I hope to read some great threads from it. I also hope to see a few new villains forged in the fires of heartbreak and loss. :D

But NFUs experience the same things and they don't suddenly turn to the 'dark side'. So what is it about the Force which elevates them to be morally special? And why does redemption for a Force user cancel out all the bad stuff they've done whilst a NFU is treated as a criminal? It's like everyone believes the Dark Side is a demon.

You don't think so? I'm sure serial killers, murderous warlords, and whatnot are definitely in the darkside. If we look at games many companion characters (take KOTOR for example) are darkside aligned without powers. I would definitely say that a lot of your Empire NFU's have fallen to the darkside.

I just think the force is a conduit that magnifies these things to be much greater. A jedi is affected much worse than a regular human. After all a NFU doesn't shoot lightning from his hands as his eyes turn amber and his body decays.

Of course I agree with you about a lack of consequences. In a realistic scenario a Sith Lord couldn't just become a perfect Jedi Master all of a sudden. He'd definitely be imprisoned. That's just not how it works on forums. >.> At any rate I would assume a criminal NFU can use the same forum technicalities to become a republic operative. They just make up some angle.

No we can sum this up much easier...

The dark side is crack-cocaine, woman!

Fighting and being around the darkside does not turn one. One's willingness to touch the darkside turns them. When a Jedi leans on it, it turns them. It corrupts them. The Jedi that "freak out" and use the darkside frequently in fights don't typically RP the experience well because they just shrug it off. When in reality the temptation should be sticking to them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom