Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Army of Light, (Interest Check)

The Admiralty
Codex Judge
Honestly I always saw the Force as one entity. Unifying Force theory and all.

What matters is your intention while using the Force, not some semi-sentient Force Field that manipulates us into being bad or good.

Michael Sardun said:
Honestly I always saw the Force as one entity. Unifying Force theory and all.

What matters is your intention while using the Force, not some semi-sentient Force Field that manipulates us into being bad or good.
Precisely. - @[member="Michael Sardun"]

I think the way you sum detail up is going to compliment my descriptive more rambling style a lot!

I would posit that notoriously those within canon who adhere to the Unifying Force and lean upon the darkside typically become full fledged darksiders because the darkside corrupts. This plays at the underlying reality of SW which is that the lightside and darkside are very much real. Plenty of people hold different views, but the truth behind it all is that the sides exist. The best example honestly is Jacen Solo. Clearly someone who stood by the unifying Force and honestly wanted to do good for the galaxy by taking control of it. However, you see a very good individual become very wicked rather quickly because he leaned upon the darkside regularly. Despite his belief in the unifying Force he definitely was a darksider and corrupted by it.

I'm not saying don't have your character believe in that idea. I'm just saying that SW canon consistently makes it out to be an inaccurate view on the Force.

Anakin saw the Force as a tool but did not lean upon the darkside, which comes directly from the fact that the living force is the common view held by Jedi. Philosophically people can believe what they will, but in the end the darkside still corrupts when used. Selena is firmly in the camp of the living force because it is what is observed to be the case. Those who lean upon the darkside are corrupted. Touching it once does not taint one beyond repair, but consistent use certainly makes it difficult to come back. This is why the darkside is seen to make one become hideous because it corrupts the very being of the person.

Selena Halcyon said:
Anakin saw the Force as a tool but did not lean upon the darkside, which comes directly from the fact that the living force is the common view held by Jedi. Philosophically people can believe what they will, but in the end the darkside still corrupts when used. Selena is firmly in the camp of the living force because it is what is observed to be the case. Those who lean upon the darkside are corrupted. Touching it once does not taint one beyond repair, but consistent use certainly makes it difficult to come back. This is why the darkside is seen to make one become hideous because it corrupts the very being of the person.
@[member="Selena Halcyon"]

Sorry i'm not sure who you are referring to :). This is a lightside and neutral faction however, run by Jedi so it retains its humanity and keeps a certain level of empathy and responsibility for its actions.
-edit
Though to be clear to new readers, that responsibility never extends to stopping people fighting Sith, however they can.

The Anakin I was referring to was the Anakin that Vulpesan had just mentioned being the Solo.

I know it is, I just got a little into the philosophical discussion about the Force and the realities of canon :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom