Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Army of Light, (Interest Check)

Alan

Blessed are the peacemakers
tumblr_lolw9m4uxT1qho4kv.gif
\

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH YEAH

Not to tute my own horn here but the interesting thing is. Siobhan has been through this. She has been frankly a fighter since Adril recruited her for the Jedi after saving her life...her whole mentality was that of a soldier with force powers, which is why she did not fit into the Jedi Order and left and she's had to deal with the horrors of war, especially during the Bando Gora conflict.

She has always been a rather ruthless person when the situation calls for it. She tore down a roof over friend and foe alike at G99 during the Roche engagement because otherwise all OP/Republic troops would have died and to deny the Sith a tactical objective - hence why she calls herself the Butcher of G99. She's ruthlessly prosecuted the Bando Gora war with the objective of exterminating them and tossed a group of Bando Gora scientists into a cage full of Reavers, their own monstrous creations, as a form of summary justice, and ordering civilians to be gunned down because they carry explosive belts and have been brainwashed to attack her troops (they're innocent, but a threat). One thread that unfortunately never got finished involved her and Qae basically fighting an entire city that had been brainwashed by powerful sorcerers - so all the people attacking them are basically innocent, but cannot be reasoned with and so she had to butcher her way through to the 'daemons'.

She has touched the dark side several times...such as during her duel with a Primarch and also during her battle with Velok at Metalorn. Holding back is alien to her, she is - or rather was - Omega Pyre's battering ram and her job is to destroy the enemy, not to 'turn him or her back to the light' or angst about morals afterwards. She also authorised the use of torture for information during the Bando Gora war...carried out by the lovely Terminatrix Moira Skaldi.

Does she struggle with it? Certainly. She's a great fighter, but beyond that a very broken person and barely capable of functioning in civilian society because she has no clue about what to do with her life beyond fighting. She certainly does not regard herself as a 'good' person and she is quite dependent on the bottle by now. She certainly does feel regret for the deeds she has done...but that won't stop her from doing such again because war is not about who's right but who's left and honour is an excuse for stupidity.

This can be seen on Gehenna, the final battle against the Bando Gora, where the largest OP/ODF force engages the Bando Gora and wipes them out. Among other things using nerve gas to kill a large number of their Reavers and monsters. Of course, Bando Gora are monsters who eat people, conduct human sacrifices and inhumane experiments...but it's quite likely Siobhan would be just as brutal against conventional opponents if needed.

And in the last battle with Abaddon, the Bando Gora Prophet, the TK she unleashes against him results in the mountain ceiling coming down, again slaughtering friend and foe alike. Victory is achieved, but at a staggering cost (and Siobhan gets maimed...again). Siobhan will always go the extra mile needed to win...which includes sacrificing herself.

Is she 'lightside'? No, but then I've never been a fan of Manichean-style morality. She most assuredly is not a 'good' person, but then she's a soldier who has to make hard choices. @[member="Tegaea Alcori"] probably plays a big role in keeping her stable...without her Siobhan would be falling off the slippery slope and she's the person Siobhan cannot sacrifice and the one she absolutely trusts. As I have said often, Siobhan is destruction...on a leash. She would most definitely be an awful Jedi (well, the only reason she was a Jedi was for OOC reasons back on the old board I first played her at). Of course the temptation is always there, she who fights monsters and all that, though even totally Dark Siobhan would not join the Sith. But she'd go on a destructive rampage against them and anyone she thinks supports them.

But then like Tegaea I don't view the dark side as some demon ready to pounce on naughty Jedi if they misbehave - nor does IC Siobhan believe that. And 'redemption' for force-users doesn't cancel out their bad deeds.

Wow, this was long. Maybe I did put thought into this character after all!

TLDR: Sio is a mess and will do whatever it takes to win.

@[member="Vascious Relens"]

It's about going to that line but not crossing it. - Tough characters only, someone with enough motivation not to cross it.

Every single character in this faction needs that motivation or purpose. That's what will keep them from turning into a Sith.

IC Will they wrestle with it, that's up to the writer OOC
OOC Its about what someone wants to write. I always picture Kei going like this, with enough development and experience:
Kota - http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Rahm_Kota

That's a Jedi General through and through. Who basically allied people together to fight the Sith, that was his thing.

@Vascious Relens
I agree on things being magnified in a force user btw and the above is what will magnify in Kei, its not just dark/light that magnifies. For him what being a Jedi General is what will be explored, roleplayed and magnify. Others it might be an avenging angel, or a Jedi who wants to save people, whatever it is, will magnify.

Because all traits magnify through roleplay and development

Kei Amadis said:
It's about going to that line but not crossing it.

What exactly does that mean? When one goes to the line they only tempt themselves more to fall over it. Selena I would say goes no where near the line but has no issues going out and handling Sith in droves, fighting wars to protect the galaxy, and is very firmly encamped far in the lightside and is at total peace. Going out and doing battle with those who threaten the galaxy does not require one to go anywhere near a "line." This is why I'm curious as to what that even means.

@[member="Selena Halcyon"]
Selena Halcyon said:
What exactly does that mean? When one goes to the line they only tempt themselves more to fall over it. Selena I would say goes no where near the line but has no issues going out and handling Sith in droves, fighting wars to protect the galaxy, and is very firmly encamped far in the lightside and is at total peace. Going out and doing battle with those who threaten the galaxy does not require one to go anywhere near a "line." This is why I'm curious as to what that even means.
True :) she's a darn good well developed Jedi, with plenty of reasons and motivation to never even get near that line.

-edit
I see your point though, it's a good one. I guess the line can be used for IC tension in a character, and be fun to write out. Other's don't need it.

@[member="Selena Halcyon"]

I think this faction will take motivations like that, or a strength of character, to keep those in it aligned with the Light. That's what I mean by tough characters, I should change to strong characters probably. Not physical strength, motivation, purpose, intent.

Selena Halcyon said:
Think of it like this.
A person is willing to fight for his belief. He is willing to do whatever it takes, BUT to a point. Batman. (Excuse me for this) will fight others who are bringing his city down. He will fight them, BUT he does not use weapons that can kill. Or if he has the chance to kill someone, he does not. That is his "line" the furthest that he will go to achieve his goal.

Now lets put this in star wars. If a Jedi fights for what he believes in, then he is a good Jedi, But if his crosses this "Line" that everybody thinks is there, he is considered not a Jedi anymore. But for him to cross that line in the first place, He must cross his own line. Lets say that said Jedi has a line of, I will not use darksided powers. Later on HIs family is killed. His dog is killed. and they are on the brink of war. THe jedi goes and learns some of the dark side so he can combat the Sith. RIght there, he has crossed his line. and now for him to cross the line you mentioned, he needs to cross another of his own.

The cycle continues like this until he wakes up one day and slowly realizes that he is the Sith that he Vowed never to be.

Thats my two cents.

This is actually perfect for Vulpesen. He hates black and white views and loves the duality beliefs of the grey jedi, which we are essentially becoming(with some exceptions). It would be nice to show that though he is a padawan, he has a resistance to the darkside by realizing that line and staying away from until he needs it.

@[member="Vulpesen"]

Yep in chat we've been going over it. Neutrals are welcome fighting, commanding troops helping the works, anyone fighting the Sith are welcome, it's a rallying cry and they have a massive task ahead of them! On balance it'll have an element of mercy at its core having Kei there leading, and other Jedi, separating it from being merely a renegade army. Still it won't change its mandate or purpose. Nor will it change the fact that if you want to fight Sith anywhere any time, we are happy for you to. - Because that's the purpose of it.

Trying to make it a selfless cause as well, as that helps keep it on the side of mercy.

@[member="Marcus Faust"]

I hope so I want it to be fun for the Sith too. It will be a tough job for them to take on the Sith, I mean look at the map but that's half the fun too :D, they'll have to be smart. Have to use everything they can to stand a chance.

Just a thought but a quote comes to my mind. "We are not a sword. We are a shield in the form of a blade." It reflects the idea that as Jedi we defend others, and yet we are in fact an army. It's actually how I view the lightsaber.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom