Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Army of Light, (Interest Check)

@[member="Dove"]
Would your character fit the mold mostly yes.

Only the republic would see us as a renegade, you'd be the anti hero to them :). So they may bother you, or not, but we'd still do the right thing by them anyway. Them's the breaks and part of the appeal when you think of dealing with that from an IC perspective.

Learning the darkside, that's a tricky one. I'll leave it up to the members that join to decide. I imagine some things would be so non jedi-like they'd be tough to fit into a Jedi sided faction. Drain Life, Poison etc, but we can chat about that, if we go ahead and make a compromise on what's too much.

@[member="Carn Dista"]

Yes I understand that, I also understand your point of view, and appreciate it. However what you suggest causes OOC friction not just IC, with people leaving the order. This allows us both types of group to exist. Kei's motivation IC is so he can still be a Jedi commander of troops. My Motivation OOC is so we can fight the badguys without the OOC stuff that goes along with it.

Its win win on that score.

I'm an Angel with a Cold heart. Being an anti-hero is nothing ;)
As long as I don't kill them then thats alright? I mean if they get in the way I'm gonna hit them, but not kill them.
I understand and I won't be doing stuff like that. I might do some Sith Alchemy (Since I was created from it) or later on maybe (Very later) Sith Magic.

Darron! are you serious?

@[member="Carn Dista"]

I'm going to go ahead and agree with Thorin Oakenshield here. Why break away from the Republic and form a new faction? I can see this still working much like the Jedi Order Currently does. Stay in the Republic(Don't form a new minor faction) But instead get a sub-forum entitled "Army of Light". You'll still be with the Republic, who im sure will accept you since you know, Jedi are Jedi to them. You'll be independent of the Jedi Order and it all works out alright. I would essentially see it as exactly what Revan did during the Mandalorian War.

Also if you do it this way i shall throw my Jedi into it as well @[member="Diana Moridena"].

Soliael Devin Talith said:
Also if you do it this way i shall throw my Jedi into it as well @[member="Diana Moridena"].
Does this have another pump fist in waiting?

Soliael Devin Talith said:
I'm going to go ahead and agree with Thorin Oakenshield here. Why break away from the Republic and form a new faction? I can see this still working much like the Jedi Order Currently does. Stay in the Republic(Don't form a new minor faction) But instead get a sub-forum entitled "Army of Light". You'll still be with the Republic, who im sure will accept you since you know, Jedi are Jedi to them. You'll be independent of the Jedi Order and it all works out alright. I would essentially see it as exactly what Revan did during the Mandalorian War.
So wait, that means I would have to apply to the Republic in order to join?

No more fist pounds.

It's not about us having an inquisition, so much as the name having a meaning I don't think you want. Knights led many crusades to stop Muslims, the Spanish Inquisitions simply tortured non Christians until they became Christian or died. Unless your Jedi plan on torturing sith masses, then the name fits well and I withdraw my comment.

Indeed. Especially since it seems this group won't be limited to members of the Jedi order or force-users. And references the actual Army of Light that fought at Ruusan etc.

Or maybe Jedi Templars (or just Templars). Crusade!

So much interest I like this a lot, common ground! :D So many threads could come from this.

@[member="Siobhan Kerrigan"] @[member="Soliael Devin Talith"] @[member="Michael Sardun"] @[member="Dove"] @[member="Vulpesen"] @[member="Darron Wraith"] @Carn Dista

One big thing about the republic boards is, it can't have any blow back to it OOC.
People in the senate IC won't like us very much I am guessing, at all. Nor will some of the council. So the board is their call. This is the primary reason for it being its own faction. Everyone can stay happy writing what they want to write. That and other's can join whenever they like from any corner of the galaxy. Like Dove above, if they want to be involved in a thread where innocents are being saved, or Sith are being bashed.

No allegiance to the republic needs to be given, only that they will protect the lives of the people in harms way.

It's really simple this way. The senate can outlaw us even pursue us if it wants to do that IC, any faction can, OOC we still have the room to move.

However at this point this idea is all of yours, not just mine, so I will go with the majority, and take a vote from anyone joining. If the board is made, and the senate/council realise exactly what we'll be doing i'm all game for it. Though we will bring heat down on the republic that way, when it should just be on us.

We will be finding Sith and stopping them.
We will be kicking backsides
We will be defending innocents when they need it.

@[member="Siobhan Kerrigan"]

Very glad you're here, not just your experience but the fact that it shows the interest over which this idea could spread :) It's not just my idea by far, many people have talked about it to get it here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom