Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Army of Light, (Interest Check)

The Army of Light

Are you willing to protect the innocent?
Are you tough enough not to fall to the darkside?
Are you willing to kick some sith backside?
Can you hold it together under pressure?
Will you defend the Galaxy?

You now have a home, with no OOC strings attached or politics involved. Nice and simple http://starwarsrp.ne...-army-of-light/

Old Post:

Greetings all, this was proposed in chat and we were wondering if there was enough interest to go ahead.

The Army of light, or Jedi inquisition, would be a renegade arm of the Jedi who break away for the purpose of laying the smack down on bad folk, and protecting innocents when they needed it.

Nice and simple, they would defend the republic when it needed it but otherwise operate outside of it. They would only be open to tough characters, who can go closer to the darkness but not fall to being a Sith. Who have it in them to do what it takes, I know this takes them closer to Dark Jedi, but that's the point, they need to be strong enough to hold the line but not cross it.

Now before anyone comments, I understand OOC that this might ruffle a few feathers, hence I wasn't going to go ahead with it and just go Sith. However after chatting about my motivations for moving Kei, a few were interested. If that few turns into a solid core of characters, and people are not too upset, we can run with it.

Thoughts?

Jedi - We are for anyone. You can come from any faction if you are Jedi in your motivations, you can remain with any faction if you are Jedi in your motivations. Protect the innocent, stop the bad guys hurting people, that simple.

Non Force Users - We are for NFU's or Force Users. Anyone wanting to stomp the bad guys and save lives. If you consider your character doing the right thing, or just stepping in when he or she is needed, that's what we want to see.

A vote - If you are joining.
The voting for a board was decided. That all would be better served in having its own board, less OOC complications which is what we want. Simple, easy, roleplay.

Vulpesen said:
Would this require that I cease being a true jedi?
It'd be 100% up to the council, not me :). - I am guessing as above we'll be treated as renegades, which let's everyone write what they want to write with no backlash.

We are for anyone. You can come from anywhere if you are Jedi in your motivations, you can remain anywhere if you are Jedi in your motivations.

Jedediah Bagely said:
Doth thou taketh NFUs?
Yes. It's inclusive, I'll add that at the top.
@[member="Jedediah Bagely"]

It's an army, so we'll need anyone we can get. This will give any neutral NFU character who just wanted to get involved, in protecting people and stomping the bad guys, a place to stay as well.

Senator Fenn supports you and would love to meet with @[member="Kei Amadis"] on the idea if it comes to pass. Seeing as he is a big supporter on the safety of Republic space and pretty much views jedi in a new light. I can get you a starter ship through some rather interesting connections.

Akio Kahoshi said:
I think Crusaders might be more apt, Inquisition brings to mind torturing non believers, like AE inquisitors.
Kicking Sith's but is their main job and they(sith) don't believe in the Lightside. But I see where you are going here. But I believe that there is already a Minor faction with the title of "Crusaders" (Raiders of the Law)

@[member="Akio Kahoshi"] - Rooting it out :)
We already have the crusade as a faction though. I know you guys have an inquisition too but it's not quite the same thing I hope you'll agree :D

*someone beat me too it :). Two crusades actually Moross too.

@[member="Dove"]
Is he willing to protect the innocent.
Is he tough enough in himself to not fall to the darkside?
Is he willing to kick some sith backside?
Can he hold it together under pressure?
Will he defend the republic?

If yes to all the above, then yes.

Is he willing to protect the innocent. As long as they are innocent.
Is he tough enough in himself to not fall to the darkside? Learn the darkside, maybe. Fall for it? no
Is he willing to kick some sith backside? A Sith put wings into his back with no sedative and tortured him. Hell yes.
Can he hold it together under pressure? "He is so mellow a gun could be held to his head and he would sit there chewing gum.
Will he defend the republic? As long as they don't mess with his life, sure.

That the answers you want?
@[member="Kei Amadis"]

Carn Dista

C
An army of light, while a good idea might just serve to batter an already battered faction that seems to be running low on leadership. Instead of breaking away from the order, why not have characters join the Jedi Guardians, and push the agenda of taking the fight to the enemy that way? The council might not approve it, but you'd still have the chance to use republic resources, get republican roleplayers on board, and generally boost the factions activity without taking members from its roste.

TLDR:

Stay Jedi
Join Guardians
Push for aggressive negotiations within the guardians
Arrange skirmishes
Use skirmishes and the like to engage republic
Republic activity goes up
Badguys get roflstomped
???
profit!

Carn Dista said:
An army of light, while a good idea might just serve to batter an already battered faction that seems to be running low on leadership. Instead of breaking away from the order, why not have characters join the Jedi Guardians, and push the agenda of taking the fight to the enemy that way? The council might not approve it, but you'd still have the chance to use republic resources, get republican roleplayers on board, and generally boost the factions activity without taking members from its roste.
This would be a minor faction, so I think that they will stay with the Jedi and form a group still, go to congress and say that they want to use resources, If they don't get the approved vote, then they do it anyways undercover.

Carn Dista

C
They could also shift their characters to more hardline, conservative Jedi as opposed to the more liberal style of Jedi that exist at the current time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom