Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Staff Critique - June & July 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vilox Pazela said:
[member="Tefka"]

Do you sometimes like to pretend to be a tree and feel your branches in the wind?
tumblr_mtjekqkNFh1qmzubwo1_500.jpg

Jsc

Disney's Princess
Careful guys. This is a Critique Thread. Not a back and forth discussion of who is wrong and who is right. Please remember and respect why this thread exists.

Members. We are here to give our perspectives and opinions about how Staff is doing. Not debate it with them or force upon them a change. You will lose that shlong measuring contest. Every, single, time.

Staff. Same goes here. If you guys start picking up on these troll-bait talking points and debating them, inside this thread? It will only end up badly for you. If you get accused of bullying, just suck it up and shut up. It is nothing more than the opinion of a drama llama looking for a fight. Respond to reports. Not rumors. Don't speculate. Make announcements

This is a Critique Thread. Not a competition.

Lets not make any Bull about the stuff being said to one another. I know what looks like bullying to one might not to another. We all come from different walks of life, therefore there going to be different of options. Its when this happens we need to have enough respect for ourselves and others. Also have to remember that we are only human. If things get hot step way, I know this is easier said then done. Words fly into typing after it all done be the one to make up if you are in the wrong. It only shows that you are a better person by doing so.​
I know I'm very grateful for those that has expected me for who I am not get on to me about my writing, but have that truly understanding of my disability in my writing with my form of dyslexia. I know what it feels like to be on the other end and being bully because of my writing and be force to leave a board or at less be force out and not wanted because of the fact that not understanding of this, this I don't see here. Yes is there always going to be some problems yes but its how we deal with if we are mature about it and then have respect for those that are in the leadership there was a reason they was put there, let them do their judge but let them know your opinions to help them grow as those leaders, no one is very done learning.​
Lets just all remember why we are here that is to have fun and write and enjoy a game.​
e1b3a303-fdad-4fba-9c86-f761ac62370b.grid-6x2.jpg

I'd like to focus my critique on the Factory Marketplace, which has been given little thought in this thread.

In 3+ days since it's announcement, it's garnered 300+ responses over the course of 25 threads. It's heavily expanded the Factory's realm and that of the Company's. It's given our role-play world a new facet of life and a new feature that we previously did not possess in an official moderated format. And it's inception sprung to life from just a few people.

Furthermore, it's launch and execution has gone off without a hitch. The rules are simple and quick. The introduction takes only but a moment to glance over. It just seems so... smooth and easy to hop into.

Thank you for spending your time on this and making SWRP's world that much bigger.

[member="Darth Janus"] [member="Fabula Cavataio"] [member="Kyra Sol"] & Others (I'm sure I'm missing some people.)

The Marketplace is even better than I thought it would be. I remember when I first joined the FJ Skype Chat, they already had a Marketplace discussion going on. It took them months to finalise the whole thing and during that time, I thought it's another one of the site features I am never going to use. But still, then came the Marketplace Beta or something with the first Tenloss Auction. I loved it. Then I knew it will be one of the best features on the board, especially for those who rely on companies.

Thank you for such a wonderful place, everybody who has ever helped with it, but especially [member="Darth Janus"], [member="Fabula Cavataio"], and [member="Kyra Sol"]! You made another enjoyable place, a feature which gives companies more to do.

Also, good luck to [member="Darth Janus"], [member="Jared Ovmar"], and [member="Danger Arceneau"], at keeping the Marketplace a civil and a fun place!

Thank you for your attention! :)

Evasion Studios
I came back, and the board is alive and well. I believe that deserves a round of applause, or drinks -- whichever makes you feel better.

As a Staff member critiquing the Staff, this feels weird, but I will express my appreciation that (as far as I'm aware), the level of drama I've typically seen among leadership has been either very low or non-existent. I appreciate that.

Now I have a complaint... I ended up being in breach of a rule I didn't even know about because I tried to recycle a planet idea I made in January... I even followed Maria's edits after making a mistake by posting the planet when I didn't quite finish editing, and bam, my inability to even know i was technically in breach of a rule for the attempt costed me a second chance Maria told me I had.

Long story short, there are tons of rules here that I can't find and bite me in the arse every now and then... please clarify ALL of the rules as a reminder cause I clearly forgot too much to do the Factory stuff without enraging myself in the process somehow.

[member="Arben Ziegler"]
It is not our responsibility to make sure you understand everything when information is freely available.

As it says in factory rules and the first post of the Second Chance thread:

If your submission has been denied, and you believe it has been so unfairly, then post the link to your submission, and ONLY the link, along with your case for why it should be approved, and we will take the matter into consideration amongst the group and come to a consensus.
The fact that you posted 95% of the same submission today as 6 months ago, ignoring my suggestions about what needed to be changed, and ignoring my post that it would need to be second-chanced means it would have been denied anyway.
Maria was right to deny your submission, and as I explained in the PM you sent to me, even if you had reworked the entire submission your second chance application would have been denied because that was an unofficial second chance. Even assuming you hadn't done that, it is entirely the discretion of staff as to whether your second chance would be accepted or not. Every person who has ever tried to submit a duplicate item with a different name has been denied because it's cheating.

Look at the approved planets, species and tech. That is the level of detail you need. That is what you need to aspire to. You need more than an idea; you need the focus and effort to turn a good idea into a great submission. That's all that can be said.

[member="Arben Ziegler"]

I do believe your situation may fall under the rule of plagiarism. Plagiarism is defined as passing someone's elses work off as your own. I'm going to assume the board views each character as a different "person", hence the ruling.

Anyways, overall the staff is doing a great job. Even though the FJs arent staff a special shout out for all they do on a daily basis.

EDIT - Didn't see [member="Valeria Aetani"] 's post when I wrote the thing about plagiarism. I'll leave it there though, could be something interesting to chew on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom