Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Staff Critique - June & July 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
[member="Judah Dashiell"]
Not so much, since the same 'writer' submitted the same thing twice.

The principle is that you get two chances, and that's it. If you submit something and it's denied, you must post in the second chance thread with reasons why you should be given a second chance. It is not automatic. Then, and only then, is the same submission moved from archive, not a new one. Every time someone has created a near identical submission under a different name (and I have seen a few) and tried to sneak it through, it has been rightly denied. The factory is the same as everyone. I as an admin had to follow the same rules as everyone to get something approved yesterday. Staff and FJs alike are all equal here, and that equality is what makes the Factory such an important thing.

The rules are the same for everyone, and so are the consequences.

Valeria Aetani said:
[member="Arben Ziegler"]
It is not our responsibility to make sure you understand everything when information is freely available.

As it says in factory rules and the first post of the Second Chance thread:

The fact that you posted 95% of the same submission today as 6 months ago, ignoring my suggestions about what needed to be changed, and ignoring my post that it would need to be second-chanced means it would have been denied anyway.
Maria was right to deny your submission, and as I explained in the PM you sent to me, even if you had reworked the entire submission your second chance application would have been denied because that was an unofficial second chance. Even assuming you hadn't done that, it is entirely the discretion of staff as to whether your second chance would be accepted or not. Every person who has ever tried to submit a duplicate item with a different name has been denied because it's cheating.

Look at the approved planets, species and tech. That is the level of detail you need. That is what you need to aspire to. You need more than an idea; you need the focus and effort to turn a good idea into a great submission. That's all that can be said.
Well, tbh, I forgot a lot in the months I was mostly inactive, plus my photographic memory is going bad, so I forgot it over 2 months actually. That and I KNOW I made a mistake when I submitted the 95% of the original sub... kinda made me mad over time that I wasted the time I did editing the post in Notepad however. System name, and certain other things (climate, city names, and sun and moon names for a few named things) woulda been the same as they didn't need to be changed in the original either, in fact, the submission was meant to be a recycled idea just edited heavily like it is in my notepad, but I KNOW I forgot to edit it BEFORE posting it in the first place, so sorry for wasting anyone else's time anyway. It wouldn't have been the old "Planet of Riots" if I could post the edit, and if I knew what to do for reusing an archived sub for that purpose, I'd have asked, but alas I did not at that moment.

Beowoof

Morality Policeman :)
I guess I forgot to do this earlier. I'd like to make a shoutout to [member="Valeria Aetani"] for being an openly friendly and resourceful staff member, literally since Day 1 for me at this site. Gold star for you! :D

...That is all.

Beowoof

Morality Policeman :)
[member="Valeria Aetani"]

I told you! It was only temporary! You've seen what happens to Imperial troopers when they do have their armor on. Imagine how much less likely I am to survive without the plastic. :p

Don't worry, we'll find something new. ;)

I haven't really met much of the staff yet, but I do have to say those I have met have seemed nice. Especially [member="Valeria Aetani"]

And if they count I also appreciate the Factory judges. For catching a lot of what could have been confusing grammar and just my text mistakes so far.

I swear I'm gonna get a submission in on the first go sometime! (Once I learn to do math. . . . and edit errors in proofreads properly. . . .and learn to actually read when I proofread)

[member="Hecate"]
Don't worry about getting one hit approved. It's rare for complex stuff, and usually we will find something to mention just to show we actually read it.
<_< Wait, I wasn't meant to say that? Drat.

Ahem...we only approve things on their merits!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom