Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Staff Critique - June & July 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
A few things I feel the need to say...
Can we please stop making jokes about me making so many characters and be a bit more helpful with some character ideas?
I have a question in the Ask thread lying around and I want an answer to the question.
Are NFU power levels exempt from the "Start as Apprentice" rule?
And lastly... good work on keeping the site alive without me for a few months xD

R'Ikk Zikk said:
Can we please stop making jokes about me making so many characters and be a bit more helpful with some character ideas?
I have a question in the Ask thread lying around and I want an answer to the question.
Are NFU power levels exempt from the "Start as Apprentice" rule?
1. Yes.
2. It's only been three hours since you asked your question. I'm lucky to get a post to some of my threads once a week. A little bit of patience goes a long way. Factory Judges and Staff alike are often very busy outside of the board (I average about 55 hours of work in five days during the summer, to give you an estimation.)
3. NFU's don't have power levels. They're Non-Force Users. At that point you're just going off the experience of the character in question, which generally just boils down to your ability to write and the respect other writers give your character.

Sarge Potteiger said:
1. Yes.
2. It's only been three hours since you asked your question. I'm lucky to get a post to some of my threads once a week. A little bit of patience goes a long way. Factory Judges and Staff alike are often very busy outside of the board (I average about 55 hours of work in five days during the summer, to give you an estimation.)
3. NFU's don't have power levels. They're Non-Force Users. At that point you're just going off the experience of the character in question, which generally just boils down to your ability to write and the respect other writers give your character.
1. Thanks
2. Alright, I'm just impatient cause I'm still used to RPing and talking to people who expect others to post somewhat consistently, yet they post really fast and expect you to do the same...
3. Alright, good, then I'm right to consider my Vyperion Assassin Droids "Knight level" as a broad guess due to the Songsteel and Desh metals used

R'Ikk Zikk said:
2. Alright, I'm just impatient cause I'm still used to RPing and talking to people who expect others to post somewhat consistently, yet they post really fast and expect you to do the same... 3. Alright, good, then I'm right to consider my Vyperion Assassin Droids "Knight level" as a broad guess due to the Songsteel and Desh metals used
We move at a more leisurely pace and always have. We have a few members - a handful - that post like speed demons. [member="Enigma"] is one that comes to mind. Jak was another.

You can consider them Knight-level if you wish, but no one is beholden to agree with that assessment. Have fun, enjoy yourself and the story. Worrying about OOC levels of power generally just makes things less fun.

In Umbris Potestas Est
R'Ikk Zikk said:
A few things I feel the need to say...
We can't make jokes about your number of characters. Those are reserved for [member="Cira"] and [member="Darth Praelior"] already.

Payback

Commander of Fear
Great job staff, keepin the site goin and stuff. We couldn't have such a great site without you guys, no matter how much flak you get over pointless things

After reading most of this it makes me happy I'm not an admin anymore. People take things way to seriously, it's a Star Wars message board on the Internet. It's not life or death and neither is anything on this site. If you get stressed over Internet bullying and factory submissions, go outside and play or something.

Darron Wraith said:
After reading most of this it makes me happy I'm not an admin anymore. People take things way to seriously, it's a Star Wars message board on the Internet. It's not life or death and neither is anything on this site. If you get stressed over Internet bullying and factory submissions, go outside and play or something.
Meh, I only raged, which is nothing exactly new to me

Darron Wraith said:
I honestly cannot believe internet bullying is our hot topic right now. It seems so... beneath us. All of us.

Enigma said:
Still think FJs are staff... I mean, they wouldn't be listed as part of the moderating team(and have their own staff chat) if they weren't, would they?
You can make a Skype Chat whenever you want to. Making one doesn't make you staff. And also, we are considered moderators as we have some moderating privileges in the Factory. Having some of these doesn't make us staff either. FJs are not, have never been, nor will ever be staff.

>FJs do not have access to the Staff Forum. Staff Chat. Or anything staff related.

If they wish to group and make their own chat just to keep up with each other and keep things consistent across the Factory? More power to them.

Still not staff.

Enigma said:
Still think FJs are staff... I mean, they wouldn't be listed as part of the moderating team(and have their own staff chat) if they weren't, would they?
Let me ask the important questions:

Does it matter? Would it change anything if tomorrow I said "Factory Judges are Staff members."

The answer's no, lol. Stop nitpickin'.

[member="Tefka"]

After much deliberation and discussion in the New Order chat, we have come up with the following questions:

Do you sometimes like to pretend to be a tree and feel your branches in the wind?
Do you accept ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) as your Lord, Love and Deity?

In Umbris Potestas Est
[member="Tefka"]

It does matter, since then they'd likely be held to the same standard that staff are. Just experienced a good deal of abuse from one of the FJs a few minutes ago.

Enigma said:
[member="Tefka"]

It does matter, since then they'd likely be held to the same standard that staff are. Just experienced a good deal of abuse from one of the FJs a few minutes ago.
You're not aware of the standards that I hold Staff to. Or the Standards that FJ's are held to. Only Staff members are aware, as I've refrained from posting these standards to the general populace due to my suspicion that if I did, these standards would be twisted towards individual members benefits when arguing when Staff. I get the feeling from this thread alone that this would be true.

If you believe you are being abused, report it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom