Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Staff Critique - June & July 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
Something I find a lot of, nowadays where I can sit back and actually look at things better, is that there is writer prejudice. In other words, X wrote his character Z and we don't like the way that character was presented, so when we find out that the new character Y is written by X, we refuse to thread with them even though the character is completely different or the writer has changed since writing Z's posts. This, of course, also extends into OOC where we see whole groups of people openly shaming writers like "it's okay to hate this writer and their characters", and yet it rarely falls under the "bullying" criteria.

Additionally, from my own perspective, I have come up with ideas that I'd love feedback on, but since I apparently come up with so many awful ideas, I get dismissals or name-calling or just "No". Even to the point where people have removed me from their contacts at an OOC level for, apparently, my talking to them about ideas.

Jsc

Disney's Princess
Xanos - Writer Account said:
This, of course, also extends into OOC where we see whole groups of people openly shaming writers like "it's okay to hate this writer and their characters", and yet it rarely falls under the "bullying" criteria.
I actually got an infraction for that myself. Staff doesn't not allow anyone to openly shame, troll, hate, or slander other writers. I know because I did, strongly, and I promptly got an infraction and a nice little message for it.

So would strongly suggest that while humans will continue to be humans. Staff is doing what they can, with what they see. And, as always, if you see anyone shaming, trolling, hating, or slandering another member on this website? Report it and justice will be swift.

Continuing my compliments about the changes in Staff, I must say [member="Ashin Varanin"] becoming an Admin is, I believe, a really good thing. I remember when I first joined the board, he was one of the most helpful members. And every time I came back, he was even better. And now that he is back at the staff...

So I believe it was a really good change. ^_^

[member="Ashin Varanin"] is staff again?

200_s.gif

Valik

Professor of Alchemy
I feel like I don't know who any of you people are anymore with all of the name swapping that's been done since I've been gone.

But you all seem nice.

Beowoof said:
Well, after watching this episode, I'm wondering if it's even worth it to post here.

Very mature on the part of this site's owner. The one who says we're all adults here.
[member=Beowoof] - Thank you for posting this. I was looking for this thread earlier and couldn't find it for some reason.

After reading through the idea, I don't know the original idea of the Horde, but this "final downfall" of it seemed like an interesting one. Did the idea of considering them zombies seem cliche and almost stupid? Slightly, but I thought being cliche is something that might be needed. After the Sith Empire fell and the New Order being attacked, having a mindless enemy that just consumes things that we can attack and beat up like a punching bag seemed like a fantastic idea to me. However, within an hour, it was closed and the subject fell to being here.

Should the actions of one staff member reflect on the entire board? I don't think so, merely because we're all human and since we can't insert a tone of voice in our writing very well, it is open to interpretation. I believe it should have been handled better, but this is the only time I've personally seen the owner act in a derogatory manner. The rest of the time that I have seen him on this board has been helpful, humorous, and humble, but I will admit that I don't read everything posted, considering the volume of information on here, so I could have a narrow perspective at the moment.

In short, I'm not going to leave just because of one person's actions, but I don't think this situation should be ignored and shoved under the rug.

Really? Hm. Doesn't bother me, considering how much crap he kept giving Tef about literally every single thing.

Funny how members can trash staff all they want with impunity, but it's expected to be a one-way street. And by "funny" I mean "infuriating." Guess I'll just chalk it to the "list of reasons I handed my job to someone more qualified."

Reason #213: Being able to voice my opinion without facing PR loss for not taking other people's bullcrap sitting down.

Fabula Cavataio said:
Really? Hm. Doesn't bother me, considering how much crap he kept giving Tef about literally every single thing.
[member="Fabula Cavataio"] - This I was not aware of. Thank you. As I said, I don't read everything that goes on, so I'm more likely than others to not see something. Unfortunately this also means I'm ignorant of other information.

I guess in retrospective, if I have anything else to add to staff critique, I'll post here =)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom