Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Staff Critique - June & July 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm officially drawing a line in the sand against the continuation of this topic. You have had your response, had it broken down into manageable chunks and that answer is not going to change, we are not miracle workers, we are not omniscient or omnipresent.

Please refrain from posting with regards to the subject of what staff can or cannot do where bullying is concerned.

The answer has been presented numerous times already.

Otherwise, continue.

Darth Ferus said:
[member="Sarge Potteiger"]

SWRP is involved because it's your members.

Take some responsibility and discipline the members on this site who decide to bully another, even if the topic has nothing to do with SWRP.

Is it really that hard to put in just a little bit of extra push to stop bullying? Really?
>If it's members, SWRP is involved.

This isn't difficult.

You're making it difficult.

Stop making it difficult.

HK-36

The Iron Lord Protector (Neutral Good)
My only concern about the site is that there is not a Ropo Theme for me to choose under the Change Theme tab, get on it guys :p

Otherwise, I had nothing to report that stood out to me, but I've been a bit distanced from the site lately due to going to Poland and setting up my stuff here. Especially dealing with super laggy computer >.>

[member="Mikhail Shorn"] [member="Kasamann"] - this is a staff critique thread, please keep on topic.

Carry on. Also you all know my skype and my PM box are always open to listen to members - may take a day for me to respond because I work but yeah.

Guys, please remember that Staff along with Faction Leaders and FJs we are human beings. We have lives, loved ones and jobs outside of the board and as it may take some time for us to respond to things it will get responded too and fixed. Again, just remember that we love this board just as much as you - but sometimes we need to see the outside world as well :).

Also, if you're feeling stressed over the board remember its a game and you can always walk away and take a break - its a good thing to take a break. All good things in moderation. Thanks :D

Darth Ferus said:
The vibe I'm getting right now is "Meh, your problem."

Kasamann said:
"Its going to happen. So instead of attempting to police our site and those involved in squabbles for our members safety, letting them handle it all is fine also."

Also id like to point out that unpatrolled bullying is the plot for like 300+ teen suicide movies
Staff has been quoted on numerous occasions that if you bring a significant issue that is impacting your ability to have fun on this site, they can and will work with you to solve the problem. But what I'm seeing being proposed is allowing Staff to micro-manage community affairs, something that I don't believe they can or will adopt or abide by.

This isn't kindergarten. You're not three years old. To quote [member="Jorus Merrill"], 'Man the feth up' and look for solutions outside of blaming Staff because confrontation frightens you. Block those offending you, compile evidence of off-site abuses and present it to Staff. You've powers at your fingertips. Responsibility. Initiative. These are things.

Jsc

Disney's Princess
Creating a Atmosphere where People can Talk: 10/10

Staff has created a place were I can say what I want to say. As an American, this is the greatest privilege I have ever been given. Thank you Staff for creating an Atmosphere were every underdog can speak up and be heard. And thank you for not taking us seriously when we are entertaining our own hubris.

Dealing with Dramatic People: 9/10

Fabulous job. On any other website, dramatic people are seen as one of the most negative parts of the community. Often becoming perma-banned for simply disagreeing with Staff at all. This website has created a level of consistency and toleration that is amazing to see. Dramatic people are actually one of this communities greatest strengths now. They create discussion, new ideas, new perspectives, and new solutions. While there are still some brats out there. Myself included. This Staff has done a wonderful job of seeing our wild cards for what they can be. The salt of the earth.

Education creates the Common Sense: 9/10

Learning and growing means making mistakes. A learning and growing community is a community were mistakes are made a hundred fold. Tyranny stops drama and stops mistakes. But it also has the side effect of stopping growth, inbreeding common sense, and poisoning the mind away from healthy human evolution. This Staff has created a website where RP can learn. Can grow. Can evolve. And can flourish for a hundred years.

Rome fell. But Rome was great. Thanks Staff for helping us learn how to get bigger, stronger, faster, and smarter.

Staff is Respected by the Community: 10/10

This isn't a real category. And if it was, it probably wouldn't earn a 10/10. At a time when Staff is the most professional I've ever seen it. The community couldn't be more vocal about their displeasure. And I love it. And I hated it.

I love it because now we know we have a real voice. I hate it because now we are whining. I love it because we are not silenced for our disagreements. I hate it because there is the temptation to never learn from them. I love that Staff gets no respect, because now they must endure the sins of ignorance men by sheer willpower and faith alone. I hate that Staff gets no respect, because nobody has earned it more.

Well done Staff. And to all of us who go down range to make the world a better place. Damn few.

Nyxie

【夢狐】
I love that we have a Lightsaber Crystal guide. This is amazing, even if it's only supplementary. Most of it is especially agreeable.

I also love the Sith/Force Sword writeup and some of the other ones that have gone up in recent times. They're awesome and helpful reference material.

This is both funny and interesting, so I'll put it out straightforward:
The Technology Factory has been moving incredibly well-paced this past month. It's incredible. For a whole three or four days, subs were getting approved faster than I could make them! - And if anyone knows me well, they know that the greater half of my time here goes into making submissions either for the CIS, Techno Union or for ships built by my company... which leads me on to the next part.
The Starship Factory has been rather slow lately, especially in comparison to the rest of the Factory, all things individually considered. Again, the Tech Factory has been speedballing. The Starship Factory, however, seems to have slowed down this month. I've had at least two submissions that have been there pushing a month and one not far behind. Two submissions, one being one of those month-old originals was retconned. Another was archived for mostly unrelated purposes. I've had to cancel or redact and layoff projects just because of the Three-Active-Sub rule and the need for higher-priority ship submissions that cater to the faction as a whole rather than myself or my company's growth. Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining. I just feel like it shouldn't get to the point where things have to get canned just to make room for things of gradually increasing importance to a group function. Honestly, the Starship section seems to be one of the most active, save for the Tech section which has been moving along astoundingly however. I think one more Starship Judge wouldn't hurt it. I'm not saying the current Starship Judges aren't cutting up to snuff - I'm just saying its clearly a hotspot for activity. The galaxy's a vast and large place, after all.

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
[member="Ashe the Reaper"]
Ashe the Reaper said:
I love that we have a Lightsaber Crystal guide. This is amazing, even if it's only supplementary. Most of it is especially agreeable. I also love the Sith/Force Sword writeup and some of the other ones that have gone up in recent times. They're awesome and helpful reference material. This is both funny and interesting, so I'll put it out straightforward: The Technology Factory has been moving incredibly well-paced this past month. It's incredible. For a whole three or four days, subs were getting approved faster than I could make them! - And if anyone knows me well, they know that the greater half of my time here goes into making submissions either for the CIS, Techno Union or for ships built by my company
Thankya.

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
[member="Ashe the Reaper"]
Ashe the Reaper said:
Most of it is especially agreeable.
If you've got alternate thoughts on how I've categorized any of'em, or sources that the Wook doesn't fully reflect, drop me a line and we'll see what we can do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom