Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sound the Drums of War [CIS Dominion of Hex Y-40]

BK0CjG.png
Wearing: Dress
Tags: [member="Voph"] | [member="Calum Neth"] |+Anyone welcome to join​
BK0n61.png
They were by the bar in no time. Frankly though, it was not the face covering that kept her from recognizing him; Madalena didn't need her eyes to notice people. As part of her Blood Hound abilities, she could tell everyone apart by the scent of their blood, as well as what their species was. The only thing that she knew of that could keep her from doing so was being severed from the Force, but either way, she was pretty sure she'd never met Voph before.

"There are people who are permitted to display such familiar," she said with a shrug, "but this comes after establishing mutual acceptance of it. Whoever that person was, he did not have it."

Voph ordered Corellian Whiskey, and said she could have what she liked. "Lady Butter, please. No extra sugar."

As they waited, Voph resumed the conversation, and Madalena found herself blushing again at the mention of keeping the Dominus' attention. After that display in the lounge, before they'd been disturbed, she could hardly shrug it off with a we just work together or we're office friends, and so she opted not to say anything at all. And most of all, she was definitely not opting to think of what a mess it was going to be next time she and Cardinal tried to talk outside of directly work related stuff.

"Little coalition?" she asked though, now grinning again, "most of our leaders are fine. A few could do with being replaced, but we're pretty okay on the macro level. If you want the more interesting people, don't look at the leaders. Most of the lower ranks is where you'll find some of the best the galaxy has to offer."

BK0U9c.png
Tag: [member="Lace Vi'dreya"]​

"Very well, Miss Lace," PD-007 replied.

As Miss Vi'dreya admitted to not being used to such public appearances, PD cocked her head to the side, her mechanical arms moving to mimic the movement of a human who appeared to be thinking. By human standards, Miss Vi'dreya was barely a few lines of written code. Would offering her booze make things run smoother? Perhaps there was some spice the girl could be given – PD was certain she spotted a few of those Black Bha'Lirs earlier.

"I can go fetch the giant scissors," she said at last as she let her arms drop, "you may get some liquor or spice to calm your senses down in the meantime. It shall only be a jiffy!"

And without waiting, PD turned around and half jogged away.

BK0U9c.png

[ Location: Entrance ] [ Outfit: Dress ] [ Tags: [member="Eternal Virtue"] ]​
Lace should have known better than to think the droid would drop the "miss" entirely. She watched the droid think, mildly impressed at how well she emulated human actions and emotions in their small bubble of interaction. At the mention of alcohol, Lace did seem to perk up. She had forgotten there was a bar entirely. "Thank you, but I'd rather do this sober. Better to not make my brother look bad by drinking and then cutting something with a sharp object."

Lace watched the droid jog off, and walked closer to the ribbon itself, mumbling. "I just hope I don't have to give a speech..."

BK0U9c.png
Tag: Lace Vi'dreya​

PD-007 returned a few moments later, still in half a jog, carrying scissors that were taller than both herself and Miss Vi'dreya. She wished dearly that she could smile, for a smile would be fitting this situation very much.

"Come with me," she said to the woman, motioning for her to join her.

The audience was gathered there already, hundreds, perhaps millions of them! Someone had taken PD's math chip out to make her less intimidating to others, so she could not count really well, even if her inner working systems and algorithms could.

"Everyone is waiting, Miss Lace!" she chirped with an excited voice, "Give the speech, then I shall give you the scissors, and cut them – you're not left handed, correct? – and then this shall all be over!"

BK0U9c.png

[ Location: Entrance ] [ Outfit: Dress ] [ Tags: [member="Eternal Virtue"] ]​
Lace eyed the scissors curiously. Who decided such giant scissors was necessary? She followed PD-007, and looked out at the audience, immediately regretting every life decision she's ever made. She forced on a smile, her panic only vaguely showing through if one was close enough, before whipping her head to the droid. "Wait, speech? I wasn't told anything about a speech!" Lace stage-whispered to the droid, tone annoyed despite the smile on her face.

Deciding nothing could be done about it though, Lace cleared her throat before turning to the audience, and clasping her hands together in front of her stomach. "I'm really not very good at speeches, and many of you don't know me, or even of me, but... I know my brother. And I know he's proud of all of you." Taking a deep breath, Lace looked out over the crowd. She pursed her lips, unsure of what to say next. After a few moments of silence, she finally spoke again. "People of Eshan, and my brothers and sisters of the Confederacy, fight well, and live long."

A short "speech" but Lace figured it would work as she turned and held her hands out for the scissors. At least she didn't make herself look like a complete idiot.

BK0U9c.png
Tag: [member="Lace Vi'dreya"]​

If PD-007 had tear-chips installed, she would have shed a tear at the sound of Miss Vi'dreya's speech. It was a beautiful speech. A wonderful speech. A speech that made people raise their arms and give their war cries before storming the enemy. A speech that boomed in the hero's mind as he rode his noble steed to save the beautiful princess, and carry her back to safety, where they would wed, and have children, and she would take care of them because they could not afford servants, and because slaves were outlawed, and they slowly grew to hate each other day by day, and by the time they were old they wanted to out right murder each other, and both messed with the meds that the other took.

Yes. That was the sort of speech it was.

"Well done, Miss Lace!" PD cheered on, and handed her the gigantic scissors.

It was time to cut the ribbon.

(Glitter added later when not on iPad, which still refuses to edit properly)

Shia was caught mid-brood by the entrance of her wife.

Her wife.

Not just her wife, but her wife in a genuinely spectacular dress, which apparently she’d selected entirely without any goading, prompting or other intimation from Shia...

... okay, well, perhaps mentioning how good she’d look in every designer outfit they caught a glance of might be considered some prompting, but still...

Shia’s perfectly sound brood - something she secretly quite enjoyed - was utterly demolished as she stared blank-eyed with wonder, adoration and a little more than a trace of desire at the red clad figure who walked across the...

Reflexes of a cat. Strength of a dire wolf. Eyes of the owl.

And apparently, Shia could do nothing more than stare in horrified amusement as [member="Mishel Kryze"] crashed into the carpet in a display of elegance not seen since the last time she had attempted to teach Gnonk droids to dance.

(Look, don’t ask. She was 14 and she was bored.)

Thank all her ancestors she didn’t actually laugh. Because it wasn’t funny at all. But hysteria bubbled up inside her and it took every inch of her willpower to quell it, leaving her wondering what on earth she was actually going to do.

A mirror across the room caught her attention, and a tall, grim faced man with a horrorific scar and the eyes of someone who’d burned worlds looked back at her, unseen by everyone else.

“Get over there and help her up, you mir'osik!” She heard the vision say.

When your ancestor who’d lead the third neo-crusader fleet to purge the Jedi told you to move... you moved. Particularly when he gave you such a disgusted look of disapproval.

Shia shot across the room in a multi-coloured whirl of fabric, going straight across the dance floor and between dancers like an acrobat, coming to a stop just next to her wife and kneeling down.

“Kandosii.” She purred ironically, reaching out to offer Mishel a hand. Sympathy - overt sympathy - would be utterly wasted. “I thought you could predict the immediate future?”

But her tone was gentle, not sharp, and she checked out Mishel - purely for injuries - as she offered the hand.

BK0U9c.png

[ Location: First floor, South Lounge, Bar ] [ Outfit: Dress ] [ Tags: [member="Eternal Virtue"] [member="Calum Neth"] [member="Chikako Liona"] ]​
Lace breathed a sigh of relief as the audience clapped, and she was handed the scissors. They were huge, and it took her a moment to get a good grip on them. She adjusted her stance as she lifted them up, and cut the ribbon, to the cheers of the crowd. Lace then handed the scissors back to the protocol droid. In a hushed tone, Lace spoke to the droid. "Now if you'll excuse me, I desperately need a nice, strong, alcoholic beverage."

Lace walked through the station towards the south lounge, pinching the bridge of her nose once she was out of sight from the entrance. "Why did no one tell me I had to make a speech?! Isley KNOWS I don't do speeches!" Lace grumbled as she entered the bar area, stress evident on her face. She sat at the bar quietly, seeing as the bartender was speaking to a young Echani woman. As she waited, she looked at all the beverages available, and hummed in thought, trying to decide what to have.

BK0CjG.png

Location: First Floor, South Lounge | Wearing: Armor (w/o Helmet) | Tags: @Alkor Centaris [member="Joza Perl"] [member="Mishel Kryze"]

Kelmont was quiet for a moment. "Same reason you're here, I reckon." He turned to look at the man. "Home aint exactly home no more." He leaned back in his seat as the barmaid brought his drink, and he thanked her quietly. He took a quick sip before setting the drink on the table. "Suppose that means I'm not exactly a Spar anymore." He fell silent for a moment, then shrugged. "Eh, bounty clients don't care if you're Dar'manda or not. Just if you get results."

Kelmont turned to look at the crowd around him, watching a young woman enter that simply reeked of a nervous lack of confidence. Kelmont watched her quietly for a moment before turning back to his drink. He felt rather conspicuous looking away like he did, but he wasn't going to embarrass the poor girl by laughing at her mishap. Besides, someone else was at the table. Zeltron from the looks of her. And she recognized the Warmaster as well. Former Warmaster. Kelmont arched a brow as he took another sip, watching the engagement quietly.

BK0n61.png
Enyalien was officially open. The space station would now be used for rest and trade for any of those who came to or from Confederate Space from the Galactic North. The purple ribbon had been cut by [member="Lace Vi'dreya"]. On the top floor and the bottom, many of the Confederates and the Echani continued their Celebration of Life. There would be merry making, more alcohol, and dancing in various positions that would occur that night.
The following day, many of the Confederates would be en-route to Eshan. War was never pretty. War was never like in the holofilms; fun, exciting, filled with adrenaline and then ended with a happy ending for whoever was the good guy. Come the next day, the Confederates would be dealing with the loss and death, not just of their enemies, but of their own as well.
But true to the name the Confederacy had given to the space station – Enyalien – they would never forget. And they would never forgive.
The Confederacy remembers.
BK0n61.png
While the story of [SIZE=10.5pt]Enyalien ends here, participants in the tread are always welcome to resume their stories indefinitely. Have fun![/SIZE]

BK0CjG.png

Location: First Floor, South Lounge | Wearing: Simple Robes | Tags: [member="Scherezade deWinter"] [member="Calum Neth"] [member="Lace Vi'dreya"] | Music: To Take Away Its Pain

BK0n61.png

Voph was turning to face Madalena anyway, but turned to look past her as an unfortunate member of the party tripped over her own feet. Voph almost stepped forward to help, but someone else was already moving to assist the hapless girl. Voph watched, no hint of emotion or reaction showing on his face. Content that the girl was taken care of, he turned back to Madalena. "I find that anyone with complete faith in their leaders are typically those not paying attention to their dealings." Voph shrugged. "Evil you know is better than the one you don't, and all." He glanced around the bar, taking in the environment for a moment, before turning back to Madalena.

"I'll not lie, I had my doubts about the Confederacy. And it is by mere happenstance that I came here in the first place. Simply passing through looking for answers. But...It's certainly better than what I left behind." He smiled softly at Madalena. "But, you are correct, I suppose. I have never known those in charge to be particularly interesting individuals." He wouldn't mention that he used to be one of those people in power. From what he'd seen, the Confederacy was far more understanding than some, but he was still coming to terms with it himself. Almost as an after thought, Voph added, "And I would not expect much sense from the youngling." His lip curled slightly at the mention of Jayce. "He has taken leave of his senses and seen fit to abandon his heritage." Voph snorted quietly, shaking his head. "First of my kind met in nearly five decades...And it's one who doesn't have the guts to take pride in his people...Figures..."

Objective: go have a quiet drink and review battle plans
Tags: [member="Scherezade deWinter"] I [member="Cardinal Vi'dreya"]

"And this is why I don't talk to people."

His words were muttered under his breath as the Dominus Prime and Scherezade went separate ways, Cardinal with a quietly spoken excuse and deWinter with a fit of rage. Watching them depart he eased away and drained his drink. There were several other people around he could converse with yet his most recent experience had soured him on the idea of any more small talk.

Leaving his glass on a passing tray carried by a waiter he extricated himself from the lounge and moved smoothly down the corridors back to the hangar. Any mood for socializing had passed and the desire to focus on the impending battle filled his mind.

(Exit)

BK0CjG.png
Attire: This
Tags: [member="Lace Vi'dreya"] | [member="Calum Neth"] | [member="Chikako Liona"] | [member="Voph"] | [member="Scherezade deWinter"] | And Anyone Else​
BK0n61.png
Hardly inconspicous, Hajrah's appearance was proceeded by the metallic tinks and tanks of the abundance of jewelry she had worn to this celebration. Hand crafted pieces each and everyone, it was a display of her own culture rather than her just being ostentatious. Even the dress, painstakingly woven by Ibhaan'l tribeswoman, was the Black Bha'lir Prince's pride in her people manifested physically. It was a celebration of life afterall, and how else to celebrate but by sharing a bit from life elsewhere in the galaxy.

The Echani people had Hajrah's sympathy, the attack by Mandalore being an affront to Aa'kua, but her visit to this station was exactly altruistic in nature. War times where the most profitable for pirates and smugglers. Patrol sizes and numbers dwindled and the heavy military vessels where far and fewer in between. This stations location made it an ideal stopping point and Hajrah wanted first hand information of the facility. So there she was, decked to the nines in Socorran splendor.

Edging herself closer to the bar she took acount of the veils and faces assembled before casting her heavily accented voice towards the barman.

"Dry Socorran White."

Credits were slid across the counter while she waved any objection away. A matter of pride, Socorrans and the Black Bha'lir paid there own way.

BK0CjG.png
[SIZE=12pt]Location: [/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]First Floor, South Lounge (bar)[/SIZE]​
[SIZE=12pt]Objective: [/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]Keep Playing Bartender[/SIZE]​
[SIZE=12pt]Attire: [/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]Long-Sleeve Shirt & Slacks ([/SIZE]LINK[SIZE=12pt])[/SIZE]​
[SIZE=12pt]Tags: [/SIZE][SIZE=12pt][member="Voph"] | [member="Scherezade deWinter"] | @Lace Vi’dreya | [member="Hajrah Marjanah"] | [member="Chikako Liona"][/SIZE]​
BK0n61.png
[SIZE=12pt]Even though the coming days would bring about a great grief accompanied by a heightened level of stress for many in the Confederacy, today events were merry in nature. At least they were supposed to be. And if he had anything to say about it, today’s events certainly would be. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]He turned from the young Echani now, as a handful of new arrivals approached the bar. A bipedal, mostly likely humanoid, type covered in robes and adorning a masking so that only the tip of his nose and jaw line were visible, and one that looked very much human with the exception of her intensely glowing green eyes. He greeted them with a welcoming smile and laid his hands gingerly upon a white cloth napkin as he awaited them. “Good evening! What can I do for you all?” he asked once they had completed their approach. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]He made a mental note as the man spoke before turning his attention to the woman who closely accompanied him. Her stunning green eyes and face were quite familiar to the Viceroy, having been chosen to dance alongside her back at that nightmare they called a the Dance or Die Finale. The very thought made him shudder. The worms. The ones with the teeth. No thanks. Nevertheless, that was a story for another time. After a short moment, she gave her reply of Lady Butter…No extra sugar. A simple enough drink, yet one he hadn’t much experience when it came to making. Hell, he’d never even tasted one himself. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]He turned behind him and opened one of the chillers there, pulling a glass from within. He sat it on the coaster at the tap and proceeded to pull another, differently shaped glass from another shelf by the chiller. He immediately went to work on making the Lady Butter making sure that absolutely not extra sugar was added to the drink. It seemed that at least one thing, whether you wanted to call it good or not, from his escapades as a smuggler for longer than many species even lived, had given him a wide grasp on a variety of different beverages. Both, alcoholic and not.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]It didn’t take him longer to finish the Lady Butter and once he had, he proceeded to fill the stemmed glass with the amber liquid contained within a bottle he pulled from behind the tap. He stopped once the glass was just at a third of the way full and capped the bottle, returning it to where it had been pulled from. Grabbing both glasses, he turned and carefully walked them over to the bar. He first extended the glass of whiskey to the man. “Your whiskey, sir.” And then he turned his attention to the girl. “And for you, Madalena,” he said as her name came back to him. “It’s been awhile. I hope you’ve been well.”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]At that moment, another approached the bar, human in appearance, but possessing a darker tone of skin than the woman he had just served. He smiled at her in greeting and pulled a slender glass from behind the bar as she spoke. He then pulled the bottle of Algarine and proceeded to pour the wine into the glass, filling it to about halfway, before sliding it her way. He picked up three small napkins and placed them by each of three, not shifting his gaze from the newly arrived. “Might not be the strongest out there, but it should at least help to calm the nerves a bit. Enjoy and let me know if you need anything else.” [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Not a moment more had passed before the next patron approached him, garbed in a riot of reds and pinks with enough jewelry to make even the most lustful queens jealous. Dry Socorran White was her request and he wasted no time pulling yet another glass from behind the bar and then filling it with a white wine he pulled from nearby. “Here you are,” he said as he slid the beverage toward here. He lifted his hands a waved off her credits in as polite a fashion as he could before speaking loudly enough so that all of the four new arrivals could hear. “There is no need for your credits today. Just enjoy your time here and your drinks.”

What he did not say to them, was that he had covered the drinks for them simply cause it was something he wanted to do. [/SIZE]

BK0CjG.png
Location: Second Floor, North Half to South Half Cafeteria Wearing: This lovely dress and these shoes Tags: Free for all and [member="Lucien Rayne"]​

She began eating as he did, enjoying her nice bloody steak as well as perhaps he enjoyed his salad. Kasca was a polite eater, but passionate about food so she ate voraciously but not messily. She looked at his dinner with a mild amount of skepticism, wondering how that could sustain one in battle. One needed protein and carbs with fiber. Peaches were a good enough source but not enough protein, especially for the 'walking chest'. Even for as tiny a woman as she was compared to some, she was easily eating about the amount of food most men did. Where she packed it all away was a mystery. It certainly did not deter her appetite.

Kasca didn't know any of the Exarch's, or if she had met them, she didn't know they had that title. Being fairly new to the Confederacy meant that she didn't really yet know the lay of the land politically. She wasn't into politics in general so maybe she would never care to involve herself enough to know the inner workings of the upper echelon of the Confederacy. Whomever had 'freed' his planet seemed to have done it well enough that thus far, there had not been an uprising... or at least she was guessing that was the case.

She finally set down her fork and knife, wiping her face and putting the napkin down as well. Her eyes traveled over the assembled aliens eating their various meals and she sipped her wine. Outside of Arkania, she saw nothing but aliens and rarely saw her own people. There was an entire galaxy out there with all sorts of species. She could imagine what it was like to be a part of an insular world and then come out of it with an unnerving lack of knowledge.

"I could imagine coming into the galaxy was quite daunting for you. I on the other hand, came from Arkania... They are more closed off to unnecessary species visits, but not entirely so. They believe that they are the pinnacle of evolution and that other species are beneath them. When I was very young, I was sent to become a Jedi youngling and then padawan. We moved from place to place, setting up and tearing down Jedi Temples like they were transient tents. I left there of my own volition." She sat back and sipped her wine, seemingly unconcerned with her story. She hadn't told it to many, but that didn't change how she told it.

"I crash landed on Ryloth because I felt the pull of the Mandragora as I was passing it. The Force told me I was meant to be there. That was how I came to be here. We are a part of the fighting force of the Confederacy. Thus, I am now a part of the fighting force too."

"Then I would have to say there is no judge of character except for your mere presence is enough to drive everyone you meet to insanity."

Bite, just an unending amount of bite.

But it was true, Lirka was not made to command ships: she was a smart woman and she didn't doubt that with enough years under her belt could command a fleet as well as anyone else, but it gave her no thrill. And the thrill was something that had driven the woman for far too long to begin ignoring now: no better art than gracefully hacking someone into a dozen different pieces. Kiff should be watching himself to make sure he isn't the next art project.

[member="Kiff Brayde"]

OBJECTIVE: Make. . . friends with the Elf Lady?
TAGS: [member="Lirka Ka"]

"I'll take that as a compliment," Kiff said as he gave another good-natured, although slightly sly smile. His compliment was nothing more than sarcasm, and although he did feel the sudden need to make sure the Sephi didn't go war-crazy on him, he felt in his gut that when it happened, it wouldn't be in the fitness room of a recently opened space station. No, that would be too silly of a death, even for Brayde. He definitely wanted something more magnificent than that, and as those thoughts went through his head he gave another smile and extended his hand in a probably futile attempt to get a handshake."I guess I'll be seeing you around on the battlefield, Marshal Ka. I look forward to potentially dying together."

Objective: Purple Ribbon Ceremony
{4}
Tags: [member="Alwine Lechner"]

"To some maybe..." Aston smirked a little bit and he shook his head slightly. He was expecting something of this sort to be said. Among Gerwald's family, it seemed she was not well liked. That was quite obvious, but he wondered if they were for the right reasons. Or perhaps they were just fools. Aston opted not to think so, but he had been proven wrong before.

"Who decides if that they are not worthy of a second glance, you?" Aston inquired in a very friendly tone as he looked over to Alwine. Friends were friends, sometimes you become friends with the most unlikely of people. If five years ago you were to tell Aston that at this time he would be here and one of his good friends was a wolf, a Lupine. He probably would've thought they were crazy.

"That's just it though Alwine. I choose to do the things I do." Aston cleared his throat as he took two drinks from the server that was passing by as the ceremony pressed on as did the server. "Drink?" Aston said as he held the glass out to Alwine. If she didn't accept then he would just have two to himself, which wouldn't have been bad. "I've met many individuals in my life, had I have stayed there. We would've been fast friends. However I choose to come back here which is a fact that I am not ashamed of, its the way of my life."

"Who do you have to count on in your life?" Aston questioned her as he took a small drink from the glass.

BK0U9c.png
Wearing: Dress
Tags: [member="Aston Jacobs"] | +Free free to join
BK0n61.png
"Yes, I," Alwine nodded, "I decide so when one has wronged my family and my kind."

The man was trying to be friendly, but Alwine was having none of it. Those who allied themselves with the auflaque were fools at best, dangerous at worst. Her brother currently reigned in the fool area, and she hoped daily that he would come to his sense.

"Do not assume we would have made friends," she said, lifting a finger. The gall of that man. Why would they have been friends, simply because they were in the same place? Thus had shown nothing that would make him worthy of her time in any kind of way; his chances would have been better had he not mentioned of his close friendship to the auflaque.

Shaking her head to the glass, Alwine took another sip of the mug of mead she was holding in her hands. "That is none of your business," she answered coldly, "do not assume friendly territory because you are a friend to the woman who would happily kill her own species just to be proven right. You are friends with the auflaque and that makes you dangerous."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom