OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
- Intent: To sub a Jaeger brand Interdiction Drive
- Image Source: Here.
- Canon Link: N/A
- Permissions: N/A
- Primary Source: Vagaari Ship Net
- Manufacturer: Jaeger Solutions
- Affiliation: Closed-Market
- Model: ID-4 "Adrestia" Class Mass Interdiction Drive
- Modularity: N/A
- Production: Semi-Unique
- Frame: Durasteel Superstructure w/ Ferrocarbon Reinforcement
- Core: Gravity Modulation Systems w/ Advanced Overdrive Capabilities
- Misc: Various Computerized Components
- System/Sector Wide Interdiction
- Otherspace / Hyperspace Mass Interdiction
- Real Space Slowing When Activated
- Specialized Counter to traditional HIMS and GAMs through heavy modulation, and overwhelming power.
- A Step Above -
- Unlike traditional interdiction systems, the Adrestia is an interdiction drive that can overcome most types of HIMS and GAMs, enact 'No Fly' Zones across entire sectors, and slow most traditional real space ships to a proverbial crawl when activated. This can lead to large scale lockdowns of systems and sectors when required; allowing for equipped ships to keep rowdy or hostile areas of denial for enemy combatants, smugglers, and more.
- Like Glass -
- Cumbersome and massive, the "Adrestia" is a highly technical and advanced system that required six gravity wells that can take up to the entirety of a vessel's length. This means it can only be put on battlecruisers, and even then, can be destroyed or stopped through very simple means. The primary is breaching even one of these gravity wells, forcing them to reduce their effectiveness to a more traditional Interdiction Drive; and if multiple gravity wells are breached, they are doubly less effective to almost nothing. That combined with their low production value, they are a high priority target in any fleet, and require massive protection.
After multiple rebel fleets were dealt severe blows by advanced Interdiction Drives, Jaeger realized that it wasn't touching on a market that could easily be a gold mine with the up and coming civil war between the Sith and Imperial Order. With this in mind, restricting an opponent to fight did wonders for stopping hit and run tactics; and often would allow the crippling of an entire fleet so long as they couldn't escape - and Jaeger knew that there was a certain market for such a thing.
With the ability to restrict hyperspace, other space, and real space movement in and out of a system - the "Adrestia" is capable of taking any rebellious systems and holding them down until the cancer can be cut from the flesh of Order. In doing this, the Mass Interdiction Drive is the pinnacle of Interdiction technology - and the now most sought after technology for fleets looking for exactly that; a step above and beyond traditional Predator Interdiction.
All in all, the "Adrestia" is a monster of an Interdiction Drive, and has no equal on current economic markets; allowing Jaeger another chance at cornering the markets with high end, exceptional technology built for the discerning customer - and in this case, the discerning warlord looking to hold their empire together from malcontents, smugglers, and foreign powers.