Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Return of the Heritage Council | Kur's Dozen Rebellion of Free World's Coalition Held Hapes Hex

Objective: 4
Allies: FWC and their allies
Companions: [member="Mercutio"] [member="Lord Nexus"]
Enemies: Whoever isn't on FWC side

Picking up the pace Ra had the feeling things were about to come to a head and explode. With the added presence of Nexus here, it was a clear indication things weren't going to go smoothly. So far though, the three of them while drawing attention to themselves just be being who they were, weren't getting molested, stopped or questioned.

Ra found this odd, but continued walking with her apprentice and Nexus. He said he wasn't here for any more of his artifacts, but that he had been drawn here by the Force. Giving an almost imperceptible nod, she would lead them out of Lorell Hall and into the open. Once there, there was clear sounds of combat in the city below them.

"What has happened here?"

Letting out an irritated sigh, Ra looked at Nexus as if she wanted to blame him for what was going on below. It wasn't his fault and she knew that. That conflict below is what drew him here she thought. Closing her eyes for a moment, Ra opened herself to the Force, but kept her ability hidden still.

"We need to get into the palace."

[member="Darth Zurvan"]

She looked at him, "I wouldn't be running, I would simply walk." A plan she never did anything without a plan, "You have a suggestion perhaps. But I don't see why we can't work our way through the streets to the palace."

She knew the back way into the palace, and she knew the secret doors and panels that led to the Council rooms, and the Queens apartments. It concerned her that the Queen was calling and that she dared not to answer fully. Why?

What was Mel thinking?

Her Queen could be in danger. Part of her argued for staying put but the other felt her obligations and oath to the Queen rebelling against that thought.

It wasn't an easy choice but she was Hapan. She was also her own self.

Objective: Two - Sow the Seeds of Discord.
Allies: The Golden Company, Kur’s Dozen, and Miss X.
Enemies: The Free Worlds Coalition, The Hapes Consortium, and her Allies.
Equipment: KD-30 Dissuader with Suppressor, Xenoboric Acid Slugs, Stealth Suit, and Multispectrum Disguise Suite.
Complement: Four Thyrsian Sun Guards.

mWukR9s.png
There were no words to be said in response to the man’s outcry of deception, nor his sudden silence that followed after the Ivory-clad Gaoler had smashed the but of her rifle into the base of his skull. Instead, the band of Thyrsian’s had found themselves chuckling as they were ushered towards their seats, and continued to softly laugh as they were forcibly seated across from their non-holographic doubles. From there, little acts of consequence were noted, as each member of the infiltration team began wordlessly preparing themselves for the chaos to come. Unlike his kindred, Khonsu busied himself in near-silent conversation with one of their Overseers, who had taken a liking to him during their initial transit through the mists. She had told him, that she and her squad were allied with the Heritage Council, that their involvement until now had been under the radar, waiting for the right moment to act. There were other units like hers, and from what she had mentioned, even a few starship captains were sympathetic to the cause. Which, as happenstance would have it, the very cruiser that they had found themselves stationed on was one of the very few that secretly allied with the Heritage Council. The Tribune chuckled at that revelation.

Unbeknownst to the Thyrsian, however, the man would later reflect on this movement and how it came about when it came time for him to seize the crown. Of how deadly the political world was, in comparison to the battlefield, as even the most genuine of smiles - could be as sharp as the most lethal of daggers.

Nevertheless, as that moment was far from the present, the Desert-born Scion merely filed that information for use at a later date. He had initially known that it would prove to be of some use down the road, should they ever be called to break into the Cluster again after their deeds were done, or if they found themselves contracted to topple another monarchy on some other world. While the details may change from time to time, the societal norms surrounding such political systems were always the same, and thus the information gleaned could be applied to another scenario. Who knows, if they managed to pull off this little movement, they might find themselves doing it again - and again - until their coffers were filled to bursting. While the thought of revelling in their spoils, and those to come, were an entertaining enough to keep him busy until they had arrived on station, there were far better things to think about. Like their first target amongst a potential list of opportunities.

It was with his mind settling on a single solution that the cruiser, and the transport within its hold, stretched back into reality with a flicker of pseudomotion after having spilled out of the azure realm of hyperspace. The cruiser was immediately assailed by inquisitive hails, seeking to determine their status and why they had translated in-system at that moment. All of their questions were answered with a calm and collected mind, which in turn, had seen the vessel directed to take it’s station above the Capitol world - adding to the collective fleet tasked with defending the Capital world. Once their forward momentum had been altered, and the forces of gravity took over, the vessel’s Captain had managed to secure a transit corridor for the transport berthed within their iron-husk. From there, it was in the hands of the operatives from both the Heritage Council and the Golden Company to see this mission through to the end.

Everything that had transpired, from the shame of being bound and chained to being stuffed within a tiny box and waiting for this very moment, had finally paid off. Once the overhanging light had changed to a luminous green, the transport and its occupants made their way planetside along their assigned vector - bypassing the established blockade without a hitch. This was, due in part to the Captain’s authorization codes being utilized in order to secure their method of entry. When struck, the deal was further sweetened by the admittance of what that shuttle ferried towards the surface of Hapes. While the woman wouldn't state the truth of what occupied that shuttle, she did mention their importance to the entire Consortium. That had garnered them access to one of the outer-city platforms that orbited the capital, as to push further inwards would jeopardize the entire mission. Something that they could ill-afford at this stage.

That would have to do, Khonsu thought to himself as he waited for his Gaoler’s to unlock his restraints with his arms outstretched. When she had arrived and removed his bindings, the Thyrsian shot to his feet and rubbed his wrists. Even though they were protected by the coverings that were hidden beneath the layer of projected flesh, it was an unconscious gesture that was ingrained in his psyche. He stopped himself after wanting to check his weapons and finding that his fingers were wrapped around his wrists instead. Taken aback, and momentarily stunned, the Sun Guard shook his head free from the grips of his mysterious past and went for the device attached to his chest. Their disguise was no longer required and would do them little good when they entered the city. That was where their stealth suits would come into play, as the integrated cloaking field would see that they would blend into their surroundings.

While it would an imperfect blend, it would be more than enough to sneak through a city of a few hundred thousand without drawing attention to themselves.

After the devices were removed and slipped into their utility belts, the Thyrsian’s moved towards the sealed hatch and waited for the interior lighting to flood the compartment with an arterial crimson hue. When it came moments later, just after the shuttle touched down on the empty pad, the matte-black clad mercenaries activated their cloaking fields and darted out into the open. While there was no vessel currently docked atop the floating flight pad, it was more than likely that one had been dispatched to collect the prisoners. Which would ultimately transfer them to an undisclosed sector of the city, where they would reveal their secrets and be forced to meet their makers. Thus, to avoid any possibility of detection, they dashed from the partial shadow created by the shuttle, and vaulted over the platform’s edge - ensuring that the imperfections of their cloaks wouldn’t be seen - should any incoming craft have an eagle-eyed occupant looking out the window.

When they had spilled over the ledge and grasped onto the piping, there were no cries of alarm, nor any indication of detection from a source outside the forces secretly loyal to the Heritage Council. Thankfully, that truth remained the same as the sounds of a transport whined in the distance, telegraphing its intent to stick to the prescribed arrival vector. With no deviance in their approach detected, the Sun Guard let go of their handholds and plummeted to the shimmering surface below. As the waving, azure surface grew ever closer, Khonsu and his men tightened their shrouded forms and minimized the impact surface - becoming nothing more than pebbles cast into the rippling surface of the ocean - rather than the boulders they threatened to become. Once embraced by the tidal currents, the contracted mercenaries began making their way towards the city, and one of the many storm drains that awaited their arrival...

| [member="Allana Badeaux"] | [member="Relina Zhan"] | [member="Chekīta Awaud"] | [member="Errreembuhr"] | [member="Melanctha Dallamoor"] | [member="Tadietti Tann"] | [member="Darth Zurvan"] | [member="Stardust Bloodstone"] | [member=Ra'a'mah] | [member="Mercutio"] | [member="Darth Cremaetus"] | [member="Codename: Cypher"] | [member="WD-334"] | [member="Andulf Nicholas Teraan"] |​

Adelram Thul

Azrik The Condottiero
"Do you actually have a way of getting to palace and to the Queen without drawing to much attention?" Azrik questioned. He could not help thinking she was withholding some kind of information from him. "You have to know of a hidden pass way, escape route, or catacombs that lead to and from the palace. It could mask your approach." He looked at [member="Melanctha Dallamoor"]. "Listen if there was an explosion of some kind at the palace, the intention is likely to kill court officials." Or rather make some kind of distraction in an elaborate maneuver or ruse of some kind. But Azrik could not interpret events inside a luxury hotel serving as a conference center.

"Another option is my ship which can get us out of here, so unless you have an alternative, now is the time to speak up." He feigned being reluctant to speak to the Duch'a in such a manner.

She had no reason to trust him but she could use him to meet her own needs, to get to the palace.

She had no idea what was happening. She just knew hesitation could kill as easily as a blaster. She needed a gun of command for a moment her gaze landed on a soldier standing awaiting orders.

"I am a member of the Queens council." She was cautious with how much to reveal.

They had a deal. A profitable one. Would he break it? Was ge part of those setting off the bombs.

She shook her head. "I cannot leave. My oath to my Queen holds my house accountable to her. If i fail she will take all i have for my failure. I must go to the palace."

She took a few steps towards her guards, "i need your,bkaster and the gun if command" She held out her gand.

"I cannot force you to do this. Azrik. But i will not stop you from coming with me."

[member="Darth Zurvan"]

Exiled Count of House Teraan (Alderaan)
Objective 2= quell these terrorist attacks and find the root of it...once it happens
Location= Unknown spaceport in Hapes
Allies= FWC, [member="Stardust Bloodstone"] , [member="Chekīta Awaud"]
Enemy= Unknown

It was then with some reluctance he then swung the gravsled toward the direction of which he came be instructed to go. Albeit it was not without a bit quick thinking trick on his end where thought he seems to be played along with his captor. When in fact he was leaving behind some subtle clue for anyone else who perhaps was watching. Throw in a few subtle suspicious moves to perhaps catch the fancy of any eagle eye spotter or watcher.

At any rate, fake that the gravsled stalled or that he somehow manages to choke its engine. He then parks it shy of a few feet from the hangar door where he was supposed to drop them. At which end this had not escaped his captor notice as the somehow chimed in no sooner.

"Well, what you wait for squirt ....we said to get those crates into that hanger or the deal off...."

At which time fake it and play well into the ploy he spoke.

"Well I'm no miracle worker ok...seeing as whoever palm you greased to get this piece of junker somehow seems have stiffed you ok? As this sled, a piece of junk and is as dead as a Mon Calamari on the desert moon. And don't you get an idea ok....as the hell I don't know anything bout fix this clunker ok so..."

At which time seem agitated and press for a time his captor spoke.

"Alright...alright....fine leave it there and they gonna have to take care of the rest now get your arse into that nearby container. Lock the door and count to 20 before come out....."

With that said he did as he had been instructed but not before jamming the exhaust of the sled to make moving it all the more harder. And hopefully, buy him enough time come up with some plan of escape.

Adelram Thul

Azrik The Condottiero
Azrik's face remained expressionless as he finally got the truth from the Duch'a. "The Queen's Council?" He said amused. "Well. Now I understand all the secrecy." The cards were now falling into place. He would have an audience with the Queen, although it was unintentional, but he would be in the palace none the less. An opportunity presented itself and Azrik, no Darth Zurvan, had yet to reveal his hand or decided how to play the cards dealt to him. "I understand your obligation, I won't stop you from fulfilling your duty." He said noting she took a weapon from one of the guards.

He took [member="Melanctha Dallamoor"]'s hand. "Lead the way my lady, I'm right behind you."
What could go wrong?

Codename: Cypher

Hapan M.I. 8 Operative, Assassin, Slicer, etc...
@WD-334 [member="Codename: Cypher"] [member="Zyrias Pax"] [member="Kur"] [member="Faith Organa"] [member="Errreembuhr"] [member="Laira Darkhold"] [member="Allana Badeaux"] [member="Melanctha Dallamoor"] @Ra'a'mah [member="Darth Cremaetus"] [member="Mercutio"] [member="Marcus Lok"] [member="Reginald Frederickson"] [member="Tmoxin Temi"] [member="Stardust Bloodstone"] [member="Tadietti Tann"] [member="Zef Halo"] [member="Darth Zurvan"]

Time: 1820 hours
Objective: Maintain control of the city's computer grid, whack moles, general spook things in defense of the Queen.

Allies: FWC, Hapes Consortium, Friendlies
Enemies: everyone else.

Get It By Your Hands (Quadra)

Cypher had been sent information from Allana directly concerning the bombing on the palace grounds and was also getting reports of another officer down and a suspicious wave of crazed civilians who were likely under the influence of drugs. She had each datastream partitioned to manage all of them at once. As for the officer down and the drug issue, being that they were occurring the same vicinity, Cypher simply delegated this issue to other agents to manage with the recommendation to shoot the crazed civilians if they could not be restrained. Resources could not be stretched thin at the present time, so the most efficient methods should be employed swiftly and decisively. The source of the drugs would be sorted out once the best opportunity presented itself.

Allana's data elevated Cypher's motive to interrogate Zyrias and Zef from suspicion to probable cause. The man seemed to be having a heart attack, but he also seemed just fine moments ago as far as she could tell. While it was a medical commonplace that cardiac arrest could occur suddenly, Cypher wasn't a physician and wasn't buying it. At this point, if it were a true heart attack, she didn't care. A defibrillator in a med-kit could bring him back if need be, after all. Priority was to seize them, lock them in a room, and start hard questioning. Cypher was M.I. 8; she had a hardened heart, suspicious attitude, and never accepted things at face value. While not totally inhumane by nature, she had a job to do and took it very seriously. One slip up and her grip on security coordination was in peril and she was not interested in being court martialed.

Orders were given from the Queen to allow the three Cypher had taken interest in to proceed. They would still be watched closely. Cypher brought up two feeds, one showing the Queen and her entourage, including the Ducha of Gallinore, Major Relina Zhan, and another showing the gathering of Consortium representatives, in addition to the two whose false IDs she had flagged and were being surrounded by Chume'doro. She placed more attention of the feed featuring the Queen Mother, obviously, but the feed from parliament took second priority. The Chume'doro should be able to handle the other two. The Queen wound up in the Throne Room, to which her surveillance switched. She could see and hear everything in multiple locations.

A speech was being had before the noblewomen of the Consortium and there was the mention of the words, "Heritage Council". Cypher took interest and would forward the live stream to the Queen's Datapad immediately, including the parts recorded before forwarding the stream. She flagged the stream as "urgent". The heritage Council was a historical treason committed by a handful of noblewomen and their retainers and foreign allies during the Second Galactic Civil War, circa 40 ABY. The treason even culminated in a botched assassination attempt against the Chume'da and the Queen Mother Tenel Ka. In the current era, the Free Worlds Coalition were formal allies to the sitting Queen Mother and here was someone representing a new Heritage Council, which, incidentally, was briefly revived 8 years ago during the Second Rim Insurrection and was thought to be gone completely. It would seem even M.I. 8 was wrong on that point. It was still alive and still using the same name as its venerable predecessor.... and here it was trying to drum up opposition to the Queen Mother's alliance and her sovereignty thereby.

Cypher cut the speaker's microphone after a moment taken to backdoor the dedicated system wired to the minutes recording system. The docket terminals in front of those present would be hijacked and displayed a clear warning, giving a brief summary of the historical Heritage Council from the Second Galactic Civil war era and the very namesake of the organization Tha'ga spoke on behalf of. The end of the summary would read, "This has served as your one and final warning. Treason is punishable by life imprisonment and loss of citizenship and noble birthright or, for males, execution, per the Constitution of the Hapes Consortium, Article I, Section III, Subsection Bravo. You can look it up later. - "Cypher", Commander M.I. 8"

The mic would be cut back on and the data would be kept in the terminals to be reviewed freely without further interference with their normal functionality as Cypher released her control over them. Now she knew what this was all about. She suspected the commotion outside was all an attempt to exhibit the perception of weakness in the Queen's allies.... and now she knew what to do.

She'd use military comms to reach out to Erreembuhr, ordering him to move his forces to the Administrative sector to watch an attractive and important business regulatory building, which sat near the space elevator that lead to the Paragon enterprises headquarters station, Dammerung. Since his forces consisted of droids, the FWC asset was advised to use snipers to watch the building in particular, but to also spread out around the city, conceal their locations, and set up sniping positions to watch for any more suspicious activity. They were to report all engagements and shoot any suspicious people on sight. As an addendum, she added that anyone moving things without touching them or any other conventional means is to be shot on sight, more than once. Same with anyone not with the Hapan Military, Hapan Security, or known FWC forces gaining unusual access to cordoned areas. A PSA was sent out to the city at large suggesting civilians should return to their homes or to an otherwise safe place until martial law was lifted. A squad of M.I.8 operatives of the Special Operations and Acquisitions Division would be moved to the place where the drug addicts had been to put down the disturbance there and investigate it thoroughly. Detonations, crazed drug addicts appearing all of a sudden... suspicious, suspicious... no chances were to be taken. Cypher assumed a connection until investigation proved otherwise. Ta'a Chume'Dan itself was now on lockdown and civilian curfew was now in effect.

Finally, Relina Zhan's commlink would be buzzed with an advisory to have the planet interdicted by Naval force. No ships should come to or from the planet without going through the Military. Any blockcade runners should be shot down or captured.

Objective 1. Assist Tmoxin in her objective
Allies: [member="Tmoxin Temi"] Tha'ga Temi (NPC)
Equipment: In Signature
Enemies: ?
[member="Codename: Cypher"] [member="Relina Zhan"] [member="Allana Badeaux"]

Kyrel stood at first before walking step by step with Tmoxin. The dark side held back like a great dark storm that had dwelled within him. He still didn't trust Tmoxin, and she could already tell how much he had desired bloodshed. He had desired to kill, kill the Queen and be done with it. But Tmoxin's voice had rung out in his mind, telling him to not act on it for now to which he could only mentally growl, and say nothing. Tha'ga's gaze never left him, her eyes were almost on him as if she was studying him. He was irritated beyond belief a part of him even wanted to choke the girl, but if he was releasing his rage it would be when he would explode on his enemies. For now, he would do as Tmoxin suggested and tempered it.

As they walked Tmoxin had left Tha'ga with her, Tmoxin had asked him to perform a mind trick, but before that could happen what he could only assume was the Queen had finally allowed them to see her. A guard had come up and asked them to come with her. Looking at him in curiosity and fear to which Kyrel had relished. He followed behind Tmoxin, eyes on him at every corner unaware of the power he had possessed and in time would unleash on those that would deserve it.

They had followed the guard patiently, his gloved fingers on his Lightsaber just in case as they stepped into the magnificent chamber, the guard escorting them in, Kyrel did not speak assuming that Tmoxin only did the talking, all he did was assume his red eyes of his mask on the Queen or what he thought was the Queen. Aware of what could occur, he knew the mercenaries were doing a fine job of what was occurring outside, but whether this would turn out peacefully he did not say. All he could do was wait to see how it would all play out.

Objective 2: Upset the people
Allies: [member="Reginald Frederickson"], [member="Karro Radin"], [member="Zyrias Pax"], [member="Kur"]
Enemies: @Codename_Cypher, [member="Tadietti Tann"], FWC Cronies.

Marcus noticed the lights flickering just in time to confirm the changes he'd made to the local network of the electronics store. The timing could not have been more perfect, honestly. Somewhere in the city his new compatriots were causing more mayhem than the city had likely seen in a good few decades and the populace would surely have some questions for their established government. He'd made sure that one of the questions was to be about their net security.

There was some sound logic to blocking off all of the holonet traffic on the planet, especially if you wanted to end any immediate threats to the net and, in turn, protect your military's ability to communicate and pass along information and orders without the fear of any outside intruders breaking in to see what you were up to. It would have been a fine plan if this were an invasion. But this wasn't an invasion, and military information wasn't what he was after. The downside to blocking off each individual private connection, that is to say businesses and entertainment facilities from your primary network left those facilities themselves utterly helpless to any form of tampering and immediate countermeasures. It was akin to having a horde of monkey lizards set free on a starship and locking yourself in the bathroom. You'd be fine, and anything you immediately would like to protect would be perfectly safe on your person, but everything outside of your haven would be smashed to bits with each passing minute, and and there would be very little you could do in the way of stopping it unless you opened up that bathroom door. It was to this end that Marcus had been forced to work.

Any tech worth his salt would know that a local vulnerability, especially one utilized by the public, was a very serious threat. He'd pinged the building's local network, disguising himself very quickly as one of the buildings administrative machines once he'd tested a few sets of credentials that the domain had given back to him. Beyond that, the local network was pretty open, and it would be no great surprise if many of the buildings followed suit in their lack of security to any device that held admin credentials. Made work easier on the owners themselves. Once in, he'd place the deadly piece of kit that was an altogether nightmare for security personnel and governments alike. It was a modified ransomware software he'd cooked up with the help of Phoenix. They agreed to keep it between themselves until some money came up, and she'd certainly get a cut of any profit that came of this. Soon enough, he'd transferred the virus to the system. He copied it several times, placing the executables for the actual program deep within the file structure of the average security software files that the administrators might use when they came back from their lunch break... Or whatever seemed to be making people hurriedly rush from the district. It was most likely the news that the palace was under some sort of an attack... People didn't like to be out and about with their families when the plasma started to fly.

With the virtual landmines placed and disguised within the multitude of folders, Marcus knew his work was done. Whoever or whatever was controlling the city's holonet would be none the wiser until the network was back online, and by then, the trap will have already been sprung. The virus would consume the facility first, then move on to the public lanes of the net until it was stopped. It would move fast, and it would have time to infect several devices either way, but the longer it went unnoticed the better. He'd also been sure to include a bit of anti-government types of propaganda within the Ransom message itself, making sure that the public would know why this was happening to them when it did.

With his job done, he made his way out of the alleyway, taking advantage of the power outage and the dark streets it had created. Now he had to find something to blow up... To be honest, it seemed like there wasn't much left to blow up. He'd have to think of something on the way.

Objective: 2
Complement: Krayt-class Light Cruiser, Wyyyschokk-series Super Battle Droids (340), ERD-A Recon Drones

The droid had his orders, and the entire company of WS droids deployed to the Administrative district on local transports. They had specifically been asked by their M.I. 8 operative handler to deploy in sniper squads, which was something they could certainly do. Teams of three broke off once the droids reached their objective: a shooter, a spotter, and a support guard. The marksman rifles they'd brought along would work perfectly for this task.

In addition, the recon drones brought along by the Krayt-class ship had been deployed to the city and were already hard at work patrolling the streets of the sector, scanning for life signs. It helped in their task that the M.I. 8 had declared a full lockdown of the city, limiting traffic in the streets to those sanctioned by the government, meaning it was much easier to spot those who didn't belong.

So far the shoot on sight order had yet to be needed, and from the observation base in the regulatory building, Talus monitored the drones, processing information from each of the sniper positions throughout the city.

"All sniper squads report in," he transmitted over the linked internal comms.

"Echo squad reporting. This is WS-8848. No signs of suspicious activity."

Talus made a note of Echo's position on a map of the city, making sure to cross-reference it with the patrol routes of the drones and other positions of his snipers.

"Bravo squad reporting. This is WS-740. No signs of suspicious activity."

"Gavel squad reporting. This is WS-3342-9. Only local troops spotted in my sector."

More reports came in, nothing yet of note, however. It wouldn't be long though. Whoever had set off that bomb would strike again. And when they did his company would strike.

[member="Codename: Cypher"] | [member="Khonsu Amon"] | [member="Reginald Frederickson"] | [member="Allana Badeaux"] | [member="Relina Zhan"]

"Leave that to me."

Mercutio said, after Ra issued the task of gaining entrance to the palace.
In mid run he quickly faded from sight as he began full speed running in the direction of the palace. Once [member="Lord Nexus"] and his Mistress reached the proximity of the estate they'd be greeted with the large double doors of the main hall swinging open, as Mercutio found a quick entrance via an air duct that pumped fresh air into the palace, its inward channel located near the edge of the of the roof. Nothing he had not done before, in a fluid motion he plunged himself feet first through the grate that covered the air duct, slipping into its system winding ducts and the occasional spinning fan that served to pull the air through. He'd then slipped out and into the great halls kitchen quarters.
The few staff that were there screamed in surprise, causing Mercutio to have to disable to the patrolling guards that came to check.
He didn't hurt them, instead simply used the edge of a cooking sheet sharply applied to the back of their necks, rendering them unconscious easily enough.

It was then he'd unbarred the main entrance to the great hall and swung the double doors open for Ra and Lord Nexus.

"Not sure they know that -we're- the good guys.. So had to leave a patrol of guards tied up doggy style together in a broom closet."

He smirked, but Ra would know he was probably completely serious.

Exiled Count of House Teraan (Alderaan)
Objective 2= quell these terrorist attacks and find the root of it...once it happens
Location= Unknown spaceport in Hapes
Allies= FWC, [member="Stardust Bloodstone"] , [member="Chekīta Awaud"]
Enemy= Unknown, Miss X Crew

And soon enough though despite his somewhat reluctance he no less plays along thinking the faster he could make his captor think. That for a moment that he was out their hair the faster he could maybe finagle his way back into trying root out who or what it was he was dealing here. Other than what on the surface seems to be no less than local insurgence or what not was for the most part. As best he tried to shake the idea more than that for if nothing else though the voice that spoke to him was nothing less than crude and rude. The planning and execution of it all were not to say the least given the quick glimpse he could steal off the cargo. He knew all too well that although illegal and outdated the weapons especially the rifles were very hard to come by for someone of the garden variety of scum.

So once inside the container that soon enought all grew dark and before he knew it unable resist he then crack the door open a bit. And finding the light in the place all going dark one by one as if someone had to pull the plug on this place. And at best he could make out shadows moving just up ahead to which thinking to himself. That with the light down he could maybe sneak out and maybe try catch one them by suprise. But then again just his luck for no sooner had he got close that one them turn and before he knew it a fight ensue wherein. He unintentionally swings a hard right hook than he intended to and send one them reeling back. Just enought that he hit the floor with a loud thud and from up ahead a guard came out....their way reacting to what he saw without knowing the whole truth. Think him be another thug up to no good he rushes over to try to capture him....cause him to run away or try to as best he could given the partial darkness. Made getting around somewhat of a not so much a task onto itself. But if nothing else he figured he had to least do something....anything to stop or hinder his captors from completing whatever it was they plan do with those disruptor rifles.

Objective: Rob valuables from Fountain Palace
Allies: [member="Zyrias Pax"]
Enemies: [member="Codename: Cypher"]

Beneath the fake facade of pain, Zef clearly noticed the passiveness of the guards regarding his situation. This wasn't looking good, especially with his 'daughter' seemingly out of ideas. But heck if Zef was going to give up so early. Sweet, good money was to be made. To hell with this karkin' fethed up place and this chitty planet, Zef Halo was going to figure out a way out of this mess.

As if Corellian luck really existed, it smiled once more to the veteran smuggler. A short power outage followed information on the guests' newsfeeds upon their datapads. Martial law, curfew, all those scary words. Hapans were nearly blind when it was dark. Mix that with the news they were receiving and panic ensued. The fancy dressed guests and their men servants quickly formed a vocal crowd pushing at the guards requesting the sanctuary of the Fountain Palace. They wouldn't really accept being left out where it supposedly was dangerous.

Survival instincts toppled all sorts of moral and cultures. It was primal. It was nature and no artificially constructs and norms could stop it.

Amidst the chaos of the rowdy crowd shoving the guards and yelling, Zef grabbed the slicer by her furry looking, orange sleeve.

"The power's down for feth knows what reason, this is our chance to get in before the damn thing comes back. Wasn't that your karkin' specialty - getting us in?"

FOUNTAIN PALACE GARDEN
ALLIES: [member="Zef Halo"]
ENEMIES: Those who won't let them 'confiscate' valuables. [member="Tadietti Tann"] [member="Codename: Cypher"]
OBJECTIVE: Acquire valuables belonging to the royal family

Giving an order to “shoot on sight” at those who look suspicious is a double edged sword. On one side - the shiny, well meaning, unblemished side in which you can see your reflection - is that you might actually prevent an act of sabotage or terror from taking place. But the dirty, rusty side of that sword is that an innocent person may targeted when they are, in fact, not doing anything illicit or illegal.

Therefore when a small group of Hapans near the palace who happened to be filming a holo-commercial for some product or another began to transporting a few crates with cameras and props, for some reason a Hapan soldier began to shoot at them, calling for backup, thinking their satchels and black boxes were transporting bombs or weapons. Pedestrians began screaming and ducking for cover and whispers began making their way around capital that the military itself had been positioning itself for a coup to overthrow Queen Badeaux, maybe even with the assistance of the FWC.

Suspicious is in the eye of the beholder.

“Why martial law?” they would ask themselves. “Where are our rights as citizens?” Did they obey the curfew or take up arms themselves? Hapan families debated this as Zyrias and Zef inside the palace nearly became trampled by the wealthiest and the poorest of Hapes, trying to use Fountain Palace as a safe haven.

With the Royal Guards overwhelmed by the crowd, Zef snarked his displeasure over the teenager’s lack of infiltration skills. “If the power is down I can’t really do much as a slicer,” she said in a whisper. “And with all of these women I can’t really sweet talk my way in either.” There was far too much cacophony in the Hall of Masters, and although the pair were still targets, Zyrias stood there for a moment, seemingly slack-jawed and ineffective. Until all of a sudden...

“There’s another bomb!” she screamed.

The panic exploded in the hall and while it did, the teenage slicer grabbed Zef’s hand and pulled him to a maintenance door, using her small and delicate wrist mounted blaster to shoot the lock. They slipped inside and headed to the interior rooms where the Queen’s Drawing Room was with its Kamarian-crystal chandelier and any easily poachable crown jewels.

Fear. It was an effective tool in the arsenal of those with criminal minds.

Chekīta Kaie

I'm smiling, this should scare you
Objective: Investigate this noble person and studd
Pepes: [member="Andulf Nicholas Teraan"] [member="Stardust Bloodstone"]

So far her rather improvised out of the bag operation was going smoothly, the dimmly back alleys of the community making a good hiding spot for the darkly dressed . Could the insurgents possibly be wearing other equipment to see in the dark, yes but using such devices would draw suspicion, and if there where rebels around they wanted to stay hidden, meaning that they along with law enforcement had an easier time maneuvering around, a double edged sword.

Coming to the space port, more specifically the hanger bay where the sighting took place Chekita was greeted to the presence of a seemingly locked bay, lights turned off for the most part, only the maintenance door open sounds of foot steps coming from inside. "Looks like I made it here just in time for close, but where is mister Teraan, he had not been seen leaving the area, unless", her train of thought came to a close as the sound of a scuffle echoed through the empty hanger bay, followed by irate shouting and panicked foot steps. "Sounds like someone is in trouble, this will be fun", she said with a smirk, switching on her night vision before silently entering the hanger bay, keeping an eye out for anyone that might be in a spot trouble.

Relina Zhan

Ducha of Gallinore, "Apollyon the Slayer"
@WD-334 [member="Codename: Cypher"] [member="Zyrias Pax"] [member="Kur"] [member="Faith Organa"] [member="Errreembuhr"] [member="Laira Darkhold"] [member="Allana Badeaux"] [member="Melanctha Dallamoor"] @Ra'a'mah [member="Darth Cremaetus"] [member="Mercutio"] [member="Marcus Lok"] [member="Reginald Frederickson"] [member="Tmoxin Temi"] [member="Stardust Bloodstone"] [member="Tadietti Tann"] [member="Zef Halo"] [member="Darth Zurvan"]

Time: 1810 hours
Objective: Defend the Queen, position the Military in preparation for war, but try to control space in the meantime

Allies: Hapes Consortium, FWC, and Allies
Enemies: Everyone else.

Relina accompanied her Queen, having not been given orders otherwise. Her angels would ordered to the hangar bay to await further orders. he had an unshakable feeling this confrontation was going to end in military conflict.... and when she had these feelings, she was rarely wrong. She had learned to trust her intuition, the hard way in some cases, although not without some small measure of scrutiny. She didn't like the pomp and circumstance of her social status, but she had to deal with it, nevertheless; it would be wrong of her to deny her birthright for the sake of comfort and peace of mind, both the good and the bad of it.

When the admitted guests of the Queen were granted an audience, she automatically didn't trust them. At about the same time the feed from the parliamentary gathering hereditary Peerage and elected commoners came to the Queen, she had also received a copy. She'd play it back, lowering a volume on her comlink, which had miniaturized and somewhat limited datapad functionalities, a bit. Al she needed to hear were the words "Heritage Council" to make her gasp.

She leaned over to the Queen as she walked her to the throne. ​"Your Majesty, I believe you are in more danger that we anticipated.... look at this. I interpret this as an attempt to incite rebellion within Lorell Hall." she said in a hushed tone near Queen's ear, speaking Hapan, pointing to the feed on the small holographic screen. "According to Intelligence, the woman speaking came with them. Members of Parliament have been given an ultimatum by M.I. 8" she added, canting her head slightly to the two granted an audience subtly. True to typical Hapan military behaviour, upon first contact with no immediate aggressive action taken, Hapans tended to give an ultimatum first, followed by a warning shot, and if unheeded, then initiated full force assault.

When the Queen got to the throne, she'd stay close by, but her hand was never far from her holstered repeater pistol. She didn't know if these people had any defense against it and made no aggressive motions, but she really didn't trust them at all. If this were a preface to an assassination attempt by any measure, she was prepared to lay down her life for Queen and country. The Royal Gaurd, of course, was on hand unless ordered otherwise, making her feel a bit safer, which made it easier for her to show no outward signs of unusual distrust, aggression, or anything else that would indicate she knew the game was up.

Codename: Cypher

Hapan M.I. 8 Operative, Assassin, Slicer, etc...

Time: 1810 hours
Objective: Defend the Queen, uproot the conspirators, keep control of cyberspace

Allies: Hapes Consortium, FWC, and Allies
Enemies: Everyone else.

While it was indeed true that control of dedicated civilian computer terminals was not something Cypher alone could do without a dedicated, focused team to monitor them, The use of any terminal, without open local Holonet access, would only do localized damage rather than city-wide damage. Sabotage on a city wide scale would necessarily require breaching monitored and controlled Holonet lines, risking discovery, immediate location, and either arrest or execution. A cyborg with computer network familiarity would have an easier time wreaking havoc on the local Holonet and connected computers... and would be about the only way to confront Cypher directly to fight her for control in the first place. For the moment, Cypher's attention was elsewhere.

When Zyrias cried out that there was another bomb, those present would indeed react in fear, predictably, but the Chume'doro present would maintain control. The ones charged with apprehending her and Zef, did not deviate from their orders. Taking the bomb threat as an act of aggression, the four Chume'doro that had been tasked with handling them opened fire on them. Bright blue concentric rings of ionized, electrified air issued forth at both of them, in an effort to incapacitate them .

"ZZZAP! ZZZAP!"

A leading Chume'doro woman stood up on the grand stairwell so all could see her and hear her.

​"Settle down, people! There is a mandatory curfew in effect and the city is currently locked down! No one enters of leaves the Palace without authorized escort. Anyone outside not abiding by the curfew that is implemented for everyone's safety and the security of the government is at risk to be mistaken for an aggressor. Your rights will be restored and life will go on as normal once these acts of terrorism are quelled. This is a state of emergency and the security is necessary." she announced, basically spelling it out for them, but not in a condescending manner. rather her tone was quite serious. At the shooting of apparent civilians producing some sort of media material, the people seemed particularly disgusted and shocked. The Chume'doro XO herself had witnessed it and was, herself, regretful for the sake of the ones harmed for non-compliance. "What happened outside is unfortunate. But if you were being stopped by Security, would you reach for your waistband or some other place you weren't expressly told to reach for? I certainly wouldn't. I wouldn't want to be shot because my actions were perceived as potentially threatening. Again, this is a state of emergency and we have to do this to prevent chaos in our streets. Abide by security protocols and those telling you want to do and where to go and you will remain safe. We will get everyone back to their regular lives as soon as possible."

Meanwhile, Cypher sent orders to a squad of operatives directly in her charge to stand ready in the event that the decidedly seditious Tha'ga did not stop trying to drum up governmental support for her agenda. The lobby connected to a corridor leading to the parliamentary chamber would soon have a squad of special operatives of M.I. 8 in black, flexible bodyarmour of armourweave concealed beneath military-like uniforms. They had credential chips in their nameplates, pinned to their uniform collars, blaster pistols on their thighs, and berets with rank and M.I.8 patches on their heads. They did not enter the parliament room yet, but they would be Cypher's warning shot after the ultimatum she had previously issued.

"What the hell is this?" Asked a Hapan Security officer patrolling the outer lobby upon seeing the squad of six men and women. She had never seen their insignia before in her experience.

"Secondary Protocol..." Answered one of the operatives, a lanky male, providing his ident card, as the chip in his nametag was for access and locating. It showed his name as "Lieutenant "Regulus", Special Agent, Ministry of Intelligence, Section 8. Service number X-019224-9"

"What the hell is Secondary Protocol? What's going on here?" she asked, now obviously shaken. The other officers backed up quietly.

"That's classified." the operative replied flatly. "Stand aside... now."
The Hapan Security officer hesitantly stood back, but used her datapad to try and run the service number for more information, her query was staunchly halted by a big, red "CLASSIFIED" message. She simply lofted a brow and would detain them no further.

[member="Darth Zurvan"]

What happen was precisely what she did not want to happen. The very mention of her position and he was ready to go out with her. If anything this was a Hapan trait to take advantage of someone position. She cursed herself at having revealed it but it did seem the only way to get out of the room.

He took her hand she wasn't sure what to think of that.

What could go wrong? Everything and anything.

They had moved through the corridors quickly enough to finally make it outside, but then the unthinkable happened. The lights went out. Mel paused. No she stopped. Here in the darkness she was blind. She could make out shapes that were close by but without light she was useless.

Did Azrik know of this Hapan weakness? She could only remember pathways now. A deep concern grew inside her for her Queen [member="Allana Badeaux"] . She slowly began walking trying to be sure that where she stepped was solid. She was on the path could she remember how long it was before the turn towards the palace. There were sounds of war that grew louder with each step.

She felt his hand still in hers. At some point she would have to admit she couldn't see where they were going. The palace would have generators to keep the power on. She just needed to get close enough to see that light.

Objective: 4
Allies: FWC and their allies
Companions: Mercutio @Ra'a'mah
Enemies: Whoever isn't on FWC side

The Dark Lord looked at the scenes of chaos around them. Troopers and soldiers running in formation, while civilians flooded in various directions. Distant booms brought a sinister grin to the Sith's lips. While this was not a conventional battlefield, he could sense the intoxicating call of darkness.

Chaos...

The Dark Lord's pupils dilated momentarily, as he drank in the fear and panic that flooded the hearts of civilians and warriors alike. Darth Nexus closed his hand into a fist slowly, resisting the urge to engulf himself fully. That would rouse a beast that Ra had yet to see him. After a few moments, he unclenched his fist and looked at the woman, noting her irritation.

"These are mere distractions...I sense there is more to come...much more. Lead the way..."

That was when Mercutio darted ahead of them. There was a part of Nexus that felt a pang of annoyance at the man's perservering headstrong nature- the same nature that resulted in an unpleasant injury; but there was another part of the Sith that appreciated the young man's sense of initiative. He looked to Ra once more.

"Let us hope he learn's not to give into hubris this time..."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom