Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Faction Remembrance, Inheritors, Rebellion (EoTL, Ask to Join! Mandalorians Welcome!)

dd4c30h-5f5eae4d-35d3-44bb-9e9f-e6438a602e73.jpg

Galidraan

A prospective time of the Empire of the Lost was coming, a Silver Age so to speak, was coming around much faster than expected. The planetary government of Galidraan has more or less, been subdued and joined the Empire of the Lost without much fighting, having installed a Governor for the last year and a half. Consequences for being lax on viewing, was soon starting to show its ugly head. Governor Halfmake was proposing a new set of solutions that are deemed unethical and started to declare himself the sole ruler of the planet. These would not stand but the moment of crisis had to be handled carefully, with tact and with precision.

The day had come, the anniversary of the massacre that took place against the Jedi and the Mandalorians, a site of pure malice was to be commemorated with the Mandalorian culture. This was the year however, that it was pressed into a national holiday on the planet for the needless violence that was inflicted on that day. Relatives and members of the Mandalorian culture were welcomed on this special day, a special black obelisk was to be presented with the names of all the Mandalorians killed on that day. During this ceremony, many will be at their homes and honoring the wishes of the fallen from various wars this day...but this day would still be known for bloodshed, unknown to everyone else. Today was the day to strike and reclaim their home territory...history seems to always repeat itself.

Objective 1:
Raid on the Airbase

Galidraan's governor has been flirting with dangerous ideas of resisting the Empire's authority and striking out on his own. Given his strategic position within our sector, this cannot be allowed to occur. We need to send a message to him that this is not the wisest idea and to show him Imperial strength. We have identified an airbase critical to his rule, Tefkian Base, which he uses to enforce his rule over his mountainous domain. Without it, he will be powerless to enforce his rule on the planet due to its rugged terrain. I suggest that we take custody of it from the good governor on terms that are favorable to us. Deal with whatever Galidraan forces are present at the base and secure it for our takeover and try to keep as much of the infrastructure intact as possible so that when we use it for our own forces we will not have to rebuild much.

Objective 2:
Inheritors of the Empire

Galidraan has had its moments in history, more so than others. The Battle of Galidraan was still spoken about in small stories told around the campfire, how Jedi and Mandalorian alike had fought once again in a battle that would have resonated thousands of years ago. The conflict was of course orchestrated and many of its trophies from battle was collected afterwards in a special villia, kept unaware near the same governors mansion in a hidden vault underneath the residence, far off from prying eyes. Imperial Intelligence operatives would soon delve into the vault like area, with those of its long history still alive to possibly reap their rewards.

Objective 3:
The Mandalorian Way

The Massacre of so many of the Mandalorians had been a key part of the formation of the Mandalorian Protactorate so long ago, while also having influenced their culture against Deathwatch more often than not. Join the celebration of the life, the culture, and the way of the Mandalorians. Food, drink, and merry lives are to be expected with shooting competitions opened up. All the while, the obelisk stands to be presented with all two hundred and ninety-nine names of the fallen Mandalorians. Underneath would be the names of the eleven Jedi whose lives were killed in the conflict, as well as the survivors on the other side. A sign has been presented for quotes to be taken, as the designers did not wish to insult the Mandalorians memory, wishing for those who are them, to know the right words to say. Those who had long since passed in the conflict, will also have a handing of the armor ceremony from those found in Museums, to be given back to their proper relatives after so long of wrongfully holding onto them.

Objective I
Sub Objectives:

Disable or destroy the shield generators to enable air support to help out.
Disable or destroy the enemy starfighters and shuttles.
Disable or destroy the hangars.
Capture/kill the base commander.

Tella shivered in her camouflage white-and-grey robes as the small Imperial infiltration team made their way up the hazardous mountain slope towards Tefkian Base, situated on one of Galidraan’s highest mountains. They had gotten as close as they dared in a shuttle without tripping the base’s sensors, but that still had them trekking through kilometers of freezing boreal forest with only the clothes on their back and their armor to warm them. She already caught herself fantasizing about the mission being over and relaxing in a hot bath back on Lianna…this would not be necessary if that damn governor could just remain faithful. Why was it so hard to find loyal help these days? Not even necessarily the best, but the kind who would not stab you in the back eventually.

I would hate to do Mother’s job, babysitting the rest of the Moffs and keeping the various governors in line through favors or force and shutting down their most ludicrous ideas. No wonder she has been drinking more recently…she must be fighting just as hard a battle back at home as we’re about to fight here.

Clinging to a black rock face on the side of the mountain at the vanguard of the little group, she paused. She thought she heard the rattle of metal upon the wind, though it was difficult to see through the mild snowstorm that enveloped the group. Muttering a curse to herself, she reached out with the Force to see if they were near their ingress point. She smiled once she got the sense that the fence that marked the edge of the base was not too far away and above from them now, just above them. They would have to use grappling hooks to climb the rock face to get there, but this meant their hellish journey here was over.

Motioning quietly to the rest of the group, she pulled out her grappling hook and aimed it at the lip of the cliff. Firing it with a slight whssst, it struck into the stone above. She gave a few tugs on it to make sure that it was stable, then began her ascent. It was a little nervewracking, considering the not-insignificant fall if she screwed up, but eventually she made it to the top of the mountain, coming into view of a small snow-covered plain and trees between her and the fence that led into the airfield. She could not get a good view of what was on it yet, but she wanted to wait for the rest of the team to make their way up before advancing. So far so good, and she hoped the rest of the mission went as smoothly-and less painfully than the hike to get here.

Tibera Jessen Tibera Jessen Mellifluous Magenta Mellifluous Magenta Katherin DuPorcelen Katherin DuPorcelen Taika Yukan Taika Yukan

Tags: Tella Voland Tella Voland | OPEN
Objective: 1 - Raid on the Airbase
Equipment: In Bio (both ships referenced and personal)

To say times have been difficult since the fall of the Eternal Empire would be an understatement. However, it certainly came with its perks. When I was granted my title as Baroness of Lotho Minor by the Empress herself, I found it to be merely a place to park my fleet between missions quelling rebellion in whatever form in the Southern Frontier of the Empire's territory. Over time though, I found the advantage of my domain's location, and began making it a better investment of Imperial resources while I had the time. Soon, factories for the Empire sprung up across the scrap-heap of a city I grew to call home. Upon the fall of the Empire, a wave of crime from the scavengers, gangsters, and outlaws that called the planet home before the Empire came threatened to overturn all that was built. Yet, due to the neglect of Imperial rule from the capital, I siezed the moment to tighten my grip of authority. A rule of conscription, further industrialization, and a wave of worker refugees from other former Imperial worlds lead to me being the undesputed ruler of Lotho Minor.

My business has grown recently. Enough where the former worlds of the Eternal Empire were present along the supply lines the Porcelen Logistics Corporation facilitated. Yet, standing alone as a despot over a junkyard planet could only take one so far. I was not content to have my company bottled up in the Outer Rim. It was time to rake in credits to support my rule further. Thus, I found the Empire of the Lost. A strange cluster of former Imperials, and those that believed in such ideals, but they proved to be a good opportunity regardless. My rank as an Admiral was transferred to their fleets, over the course of the early correspondance. My company has now begun to open a headquarters on their capital of Lianna. A nice world, and nothing like my domain, but it worked well as this fledgeling power's seat. It was then, it seems, my gifts against insurgency would be put to use much faster than anticipated while aligned with this Empire of the Lost.

The Eternal Empire lived off of exterminating pride in oneself in all its citizens. It made for loyal servants of its realm, and zealous warriors of its soldiers. The only thing to take pride in was the Empire itself. It seems this other Empire may need to learn that lesson in a more difficult manner. I only took some of my fleet with me here. Only my flagship and the 13'th Attack Line. The majority of my fleet was left as security for Lotho Minor across the galaxy. I was currently in my quarters reading various reports on this Empire of the Lost. Very much an idealist group from what I found, yet there was an aptitude for pragmatism within its ranks I found most pleasing. It was then a small whirling vortex began to form across from my desk. It was then Star came into being.

"We have just arrived at Galidraan, Admiral DuPorcelen. The crew waits for your orders on the bridge. Do you want me to send them a message before your arrival?"
The AI had formed into that of an elegant woman smiling as always, as usual. It had taken some time for me to find her insufferablely cheeful demenour more palettable. It was almost like working with a ghost on this ship.
"Good.", I replied in cold contrast through my respirator, "And no, a message will not be necessary. I shall be going to the bridge now."
I then stood up, and began briskly walking down the hall to the bridge. It was a short distance where Star seemed to follow alongside me.

The doors opened, with one of the Leftenants shouting,
"Admiral on the bridge!", with secinct military annunciation which was like music to me. The rest of the men and women rigidly stood with perfect posture, which was like art. The Eternal Empire may be gone, but I would be damned if I let go of the discipline it enforced with its soldiers.

"Be seated."
I then took my seat at the commander's chair, Star's etherial form continued to float by my side.
"Comms! Send an encrypted message to all loyal ships in the system. Tell them that we have entered the system, and will position to make a blockade over the air field and other military targets."
"Sending encrypted message now, Admiral!"
"Next, send another encrypted message to the ground troops infiltrating the air field. Tell them that we will be in position to lend support from orbit. They may respond on that channel to let us know when to send in the strike craft to the surface."
"Sending encrypted message to the surface now, Admiral!"
I then turned to face Star.
"Send a message to the hangars to begin preparing all strike craft and shuttles for launch, Star. I want no pause when the airfield is ready for landing for our Marines and pilots to be sent down."
"Right away, Admiral DuPorcelen.", she responded in her flowy and cheerful tone, which made a stark contrast to the turse replies of my soldiers. She then disappeared into her vortex of light. It was time to fully get acquainted with the Empire of the Lost.

Priscilla

P
Objective: Raid on the Airbase
Tags: Tella Voland Tella Voland Katherin DuPorcelen Katherin DuPorcelen

Galidraan was the last gasp of a fallen empire.

As much as Priscilla mourned the collapse of the Empire, she knew that it was well deserved. Corruption, decadence, and bureaucratic inertia had rotted the state from within until it was little more than a shadow of its former strength. Naturally, Priscilla wondered whether such a fate could have been avoided, or whether it was inevitable. At its core, the Empire had been a nation of traitors who were unsatisfied with their lots in the Sith Empire. Motivated by a stalwart ambition, they had defeated the dark side masters who they had once served so faithfully, causing the Sith to flee from the Tingel Arm and into the depths of the Outer Rim. However, once the traitors had solidified their power, it seemed that the rebellious, headstrong impulses which had seen to the defeat of the Sith proved counterproductive and ill-suited towards governance.

In all, it seemed that treachery was a poor foundation for an empire.

As the gunship closed in on the airbase, Priscilla—TK-666—did one last check of her equipment, including her blaster rifle, energy shield, and gauntlet weapons. A few moments later, the green light to disembark flashed to life in her HUD, at which point she took three steps forward.

Then, without hesitation, she dropped.

As the screaming howl of the wind assailed her senses, Priscilla unfolded her jetpack’s wings. Suddenly, the engines roared to life as she took flight through the frigid sky. The temperature control and life support systems in her armor were virtually a necessity when flying at such a high altitude, keeping her body warm and comfortable where the freezing wind would otherwise have flayed from the dermis. Naturally, it allowed the Hapan to commit all of her focus to the mission at hand, instead of freezing to death inside her armor.

“Infiltration team, this is jump unit TK-666, en route to your position.” Priscilla said, after opening a comm to the infiltration team. All the while, her jetpack’s engines howled as she accelerated to a blistering velocity, tearing through the air as she did. “What is your status on ingress to the target? I am on point for air support, over.” She finished.

All the while, as the airfield came into view through the foggy sky, Priscilla began to descend, lowering her altitude until she was flying nap-of-the-earth, so as to avoid triggering any sensors. From there, she switched to her jetpack’s Huabing drives. Since they didn’t give off a strong footprint, she would potentially be less visible on approach, while also minimizing her heat signature.

“I see you, ground team.” Priscilla said as she zoomed her optics in on the group of stormtroopers and infiltrators, who were already beginning to scale the cliff outside of the airfield, a sight which made the jumptrooper grateful for her wings. “Your area looks clear from my side, over.” She added, after a few moments.

Last edited by a moderator:
Cold mountain air and driving snow, a perfect reason for Tibera's investment in an armored suit. It wasn't a perfect seal from the cold, but it was a damns sight better than a parka. Howling gusts of wind blew past the group as they traveled along the uneasy path. The white powder coated everything, reducing their vision to barely in front of face. The sooner they were to the base the better, no doubt that it would at least have some kind of heat.

A voice crackled in Tibera's helmet, the eyes in the sky. It was good to have some form air support on a mission this complex. The objective for the infiltration team was to take over the airbase and send a message to the planetary governor. It was standard special ops, at least on paper. One the mercenary's side of things, they would focus on knocking out the shields for the base.

Something had changed about Tibera the longer that she worked for these imperials, something they never expected. They began to attach to The Empire. This went deeper than simply wanting credits from the Imperials, she began to see wisdom in the way the Empire did things. Something that was far beyond her old way of thinking. One which was only concerned with strictly following orders, seeking nothing but her own wealth.

There was little time for such personal musings, the objective was just ahead.

After the treacherous rope climb, Tibera could finally see the base. It was hard to make out anything beyond the gigantic blue dome that surrounded it. A massive shield which was able to withstand attacks from starship-class weaponry, one which they would need to shatter sooner or later.

" So this is the Governor's precious airbase eh? It's almost a shame we're going to have to wreck the place. What's the plan from here Tella?"

Tella Voland Tella Voland

Objective: 2

Valerian had been accompanied by a squad of Stormtroopers in investigating the vault. Valerian had read recent reports of Galidraan, he had heard of its history as a conflict site between Jedi and Mandalorians, but knew it was a valuable Imperial world before the recent collapse of the Empire. Now the Empire of the Lost we’re seeking what resources, and what knowledge was left. Of course he had to contend with agents of the ISB. None of whom were particularly happy that an Imperial Inquisitor was arriving along with a squad of stormtroopers to excavate what was inside the vault. The Inquisitor had clung tightly to the rung of the gunship as the craft vibrates and hummed within the sky. There was idle chatter among the troopers before the pilot called out. “Approaching Vault site now. Good luck boys.”

Valerian would take a breath as the gunship would touch down at the landing site. His red eyes were blinded for a moment by the sun peaking behind the door of the gunship. All around he saw various construction implements. Stormtroopers standing on guard, and officers in white uniforms debating and bickering back and forth. One had managed to stare into the inquisitor’s direction. Agent Varrek of the ISB. An old man who witnessed the fall of an Empire only to join with the lost and he didn’t seem too pleased.

“You there… Mystic. I was notified of your arrival by Imperial High Command. While your assistance is appreciated do know you qualify as an agent of the ISB and therefore under my command.” He said getting close to the Inquisitor he was pressing an index finger against his armored robes.

Valerian stood as still as a statue listened to the old bald man attempt to use his authority. Valerian would respond in kind as he looked to a tunnel like passage aligned with plasma torches showing the way to the vault.

“No need to worry, Agent Varrek I have no intention of disrupting this operation. My only concern is to get what the Empire needs of the vault.” He said as both the Inquisitor and the ISB agent shared an icy stare. Even in the now the Inquisitorius and ISB seemed a little skeptical of each other. They would both have to work together to open the vault.

Objective 2:

Things were not so easy as of late. It became far more apparent the further on he was in his operations as head of the Imperial Security Bureau at the time. He expected to do more paper work as the Bureau Chief but he did not except for much political intrigue and pull when he got into it. It probably did not help that nearly every mission they currently had, has gone violent and had to do their own cover up operation of some kind every single time. Or perhaps it was the reputation starting to grow of him being nearly nigh indestructible, having the ears of the Volands and showing unusual extreme loyalty towards them at every turn. Whatever the case was, right as Valerian Draak Valerian Draak was coming in from the drop site, from a nearby set up command tent, he was trying to speak calmly to a set of holograms.

"I understand the situation involved and how politically charged it has bec-"
"Politically charged does not even start, an election is being currently held and we need all eyes on the proceedings."
"Rest assured, Imperial Security Bureau has no quarrel with any of those seeking election towards the highest office."
"Then you would not mind voting towards the coaliti-"
"Utter another word of wanting my political weight and you may find yourself without a head. I have grown tired of this bickering battle and you are the fourth one to call, at least the first Moff to present his case. My vote will be at the end of the night, anything further from your team will be a disqualification."
"If you decide not to-"
"Then I don't, my loyalty is to the Empire of the Lost, not a singular man. Chief out."

Pressing his finger a bit hard onto the communications device, it was shut off as he groaned out loudly. Standing up a bit fast, he started to stroll out of the tent that had long held what he considered an oversized opinion of himself. He never liked it but they wanted to protect him a bit, why he really never understood as the whir of his new cybernetic shined across the open sun. Looking to the side, he would finally notice Draak conversing with a senior agent as he tried to stroll over and speak, his eyes showing a bit of weariness, as if he had not slept well lately.

"Ahhh, Inquisitor Varrek. Welcome to Galidraan, sorry for a bit of a mess but we are trying to be on schedule. They are attempting to cut the vault entrance now as we speak."

There was a loud bang from afar as a plume of dust shot out of the ground a quarter a mile away. Turning, he would see a bit of metal land a bit far away with a sigh. Moving a bit forward, his eyes trailed around as he spoke aloud, showing he still rather take efficiency than conversation of doing things at the time.

"Never say our dear Emperor did not take chances with thieves. Got to been the fifth lock today we are dealing with...last one had a sithspawn in it and we just damn well threw our supply of thermal detonators at it. We are hoping you have some idea of getting through them...our lead expert in this operation is here somewhere. Hopefully with us three and less calls from the Moff Council, we can get some progress done! Curse this damn election!"

Glancing around, he would try to guide them towards wherever Darth Angmar Darth Angmar was at the time. He was hoping he was somewhere close by and could introduce him to the Inquisitor himself, seeing how in the oddest sense of a story, they all were from the same time period.

Objective I: Raid on the Air Base

Crouching down in the snow and glancing through the small tree line with a pair of binoculars into what she could see of the base and cross-referencing it with the original mission plan, she could tell they were more or less on schedule despite the terrible (for her) hike there. There were a few small patrols alongside the perimeter of the base where they were, but no major anti-ground elements on their side as the Governor’s forces thought, correctly on most days, that they were protected on that flank by the cliff and that any approach with a large number of men or material would be detected. Further in, she saw about what she expected-a squadron of TIEs on the runway on standby, a few anti-infantry walkers in the distance, and a whole smattering of anti-air turbolaser towers and ion cannons-a formidable force, and that was just from what she could see.

Their objectives, however, were in sight. The hardened middle hangar of the airbase housed the power generator for the base, although unfortunately it had its own separate shield generator which meant they would need to physically enter the building to destroy it. The two outer base shield generators were somewhat near them at the northern end of the base, guarded by around half a squad of troopers each-they would need to take them out to allow air support to start hammering the defenses and support them. Overall, it did not look like an easy mission, but nothing her mother ever assigned her to was. Just for once she wished she could do something simple.

Looks like the best course of action will be to try to stealthily make our way to the shield generators, wiping out any of the perimeter patrols as we do so, and then attack them full force to allow air support and reinforcements to land. Then we’ll move on to the main power generator of the base and if we can take that out, all of their anti-air defenses will be gone. That still leaves the TIEs, but hopefully our air support will be able to either take them out on the ground quickly or handle them as well. I’m unsure what the governor has in terms of air assets besides that, but Admiral DuPorcelen should be able to handle them as well.

After her analysis of the situation, she radioed back to the Admiral.

“Thank you Admiral for your air support today, we will definitely need it. I will let you know when to send the strikecraft in. Be aware that the base has heavy ion cannon and turbolaser defenses and it will not take them too long to put two and two together, so you should ready your ship for incoming fire. We are also unsure if the governor has any other hidden space assets, stay frosty!”

“TK-666, we are almost at the ingress point. We will be moving forward shortly and will need assistance taking down the base shield generators-you may have to fly in low to avoid turbolaser fire and flit through the shield itself to do so, but wait for us to take out the perimeter sentries first unless we ask for assistance. Thanks for the recon, over.”

Turning to look at Tibera, Tella nodded and spoke.

I’m going to cut through the fence with my lightsaber to keep it quiet, then we quietly take out the perimeter patrols going prone alongside the north side of the base. We’ll then launch an all-out attack on the shield generators and hopefully take down them and the forces guarding it down. From there we’ll have to fight our way across to the base’s power generator and disable it to give our air support an easier time, after that it’s simply causing as much damage as possible. We need to show the governor that his resistance to integration is foolhardy.”

KysNRRf.png

dvL0isW.png

vs2BnKt.png

Priscilla Tibera Jessen Tibera Jessen Katherin DuPorcelen Katherin DuPorcelen

Tags: Tella Voland Tella Voland Priscilla Tibera Jessen Tibera Jessen
Loation: Bridge of the ENS Requiem in Orbit of Galidraan
Equipment: In Bio (Personal and Referenced Ships)

I continued to sit in my command chair watching those around me work at their stations. I could see the comms workers extremely busy coordinating with other confirmed loyal fleets. With that, my fleet was sure to know where the traitors were, and what signals to look into. There was not much of a loyalist presence in orbit, which was disappointing, but it was better than being alone in the void with an entire planet of traitor ships against me. Such a circumstance would have required me to bring my entire fleet here rather than just one attack line and my flagship.

My flourscent violet eyes were scanning the reports coming across my terminal before I noticed we were getting a response from the surface. Just as instructed, like the Eternal Empire did not fall, one of the commso workers said,
"Admiral. Permission to report?"
"Granted", I coldly replied knowing well and good what was going to be relayed to me.
"The surface team has hailed us in response. Shall I patch them through?"
"Right away, comms."
The message was then playing loud and clear on the bridge. It was certainly different than the usual accent of Kalidan and the tongue of High Imperial that I was used to, and slightly too casual of an address for my liking. However, such gripes would have be put aside until after this mission was complete. The news of ion cannons mounted at the base certainly was cause for alarm. If those cannons were capable of firing into orbit, that could ruin my entire effort of blockading. As a precaution, I would have to order my ships to increase distance from the planet while still maintaining orbit. It was also true that we had no full detail of the space-worthy ships the governor had at his disposal to work against my small splinter-fleet.

Without hesitation, I once more began calling orders.

"Navigation! Calculate a course for us to reverse to the outermost orbit of this world. I want it so that those ion cannons on the surface could not hit us if they tried."
"Calculating reverse course, Admiral!"
"Comms! Reply on that encrypted channel to the surface team. Tell them to let us know the specs on those ion cannons as soon as possible. If they are not capable of striking ships in orbit, we will then be able to move back to our original position to lessen the distance for drop-ships and strike-craft. Tell them that their warning for other ships out here is noted and accounted for."
"Sending encrypted message, Admiral!"
"Star!"
The AI began to reform beside me again. When she fully formed, I continued.
"Send a message to engineering. Tell them to put up our shields facing orbit. Send similar signals to the other ships in our fleet as well. Additionally, tell those manning the guns to brace for enemy craft. If the governor does have a fleet, I do not want it to catch us by surprise."
Smiling as always, Star replied, "Of course, Admiral DuProcelen.", before disappearing again into her vortex of light. She then was quick as usual as reports on my command terminal showed engineering and all gun operators making ready as ordered.

With the Eternal Empire gone, a space battle could prove disasterous for me overall. I no longer had access to replenish any lost ships, and any loss could mean my hold on Lotho Minor across the galaxy could be in jeapordy. In truth, I needed the Empire of the Lost, or some other nation like it. Without such a power at my back, I was certain I could not survive holding Lotho Minor truly by myself.

Last edited:

Priscilla

P
Tags: Tella Voland Tella Voland Katherin DuPorcelen Katherin DuPorcelen

After flying closer to the base, Priscilla zoomed in with her helmet’s optics and began to recon the layout of the base, while flying relatively low. So long as she flew well, the anti-air turbolasers and ion cannons were not truly a threat to her (the weapons were far too large to track small and agile targets). However, almost everything else inside the base was. Given the sheer volume of targets, it went without saying that she would have to be very careful in prioritizing and selecting targets for her jetpack-mounted missiles. Unfortunately, she only had two of them, where there were at least ten high-priority targets (starfighters, walkers, cannon emplacements, Etc.) that if left unchecked, could compromise the mission.

“TK-666, we are almost at the ingress point. We will be moving forward shortly and will need assistance taking down the base shield generators-you may have to fly in low to avoid turbolaser fire and flit through the shield itself to do so, but wait for us to take out the perimeter sentries first unless we ask for assistance. Thanks for the recon, over.”

“I am recording at least ten high-priority targets on my tactical readout. Marking and transmitting their locations now, my lady.” Priscilla answered. “I’ll be on point, if you need me. TK-666, out.” She finished.

With that, the jet trooper descended further, to the point that she was almost hugging the ground. Priscilla had her armor’s field disruptor ready, which would allow her to fly through any shields. However, even with the field disruptor at her disposal, she knew that it would be an undertaking.

Upon sensing her own growing anxiety and rising heart rate, Priscilla took a short, calming breath. It was a difficult assignment for her first mission as a jet trooper fresh from the academy, but she was ready for it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Objective: Secure the Airbase

Keeping out of sight wouldn't be hard in the near blizzard condition they found themselves in. Maybe this cold wasn't so bad after all. Being quiet was going to be a bit of a bugbear though. It meant more than likely that the merc was going to have to put her blades to work, not a problem they thought. As more complete information came in though, the situation seemed a little more involved than at first suspected. Air support would go far, but there'd be a lot of stragglers to clean up.

It wouldn't matter though, not with all the firepower they had going. A few walkers and TIE fighters weren't going to stand up to a full fleet. Just had to follow Tella's lead and not make this mission a repeat of the Mon Cal mission. That wound was still relatively fresh in Tibera's mind, causing them to stick tight to their orders.

No screwups this time, or else there'd be a lot more than hurt feelings and garnished wages...

"You lead the way, I'll make sure we have a smooth walk to the objective."

Tella Voland Tella Voland Priscilla Katherin DuPorcelen Katherin DuPorcelen

Tags: Jegy Sesara Jegy Sesara

As the troopers went about the camp making sure all the preparations were made towards the vault, there was an icy stare down between Inquisitor Draak and Agent Varrek. Throughout some parts of history the Inquisitorius and the ISB had never seen eye to eye on matters. It was all part of how the Inquisitors themselves were Force Wielders, and to some within the ranks could be seen as a sin as anything else. Still, the ISB and Inquisitorius would all work on the shared goal of bringing about the mission to complete success.

The two would stare each other down for a moment longer before Draak’s new found friend appeared looking quiet bush as usual. Agent Varrek just stood there like a statue, for even he couldn’t show his prejudice around the ISB’s chief. Valerian stood greeting the Sullustan with a slight smile. “I see you are still looking worse for wear. Election year or not perhaps I could be of assistance. I understand this vault is quite old, and perhaps trapped as well. I’m not sure how much help I can be but will provide support where I can. What matters is getting those secrets from the vault.” He said his tone dripping with the classic imperial enthusiasm of old.

“I don’t care if the chief here is your friend. I got my eye on you Mystic…” Varrek said narrowing his eyes on Draak. “You sure you wanna say more in front of the boss?” Draak would raise an eyebrow towards the senior agent’s words. The Inquisitor would not let simple nd pointless bickering to derail this mission. “Regardless we have much to do. You know how the Moffs can be if we keep them waiting too long. The sooner the secrets of the vault are ours the sooner we can be off this world.” Valerian would declare as his eyes focused on the Vault ahead.

UaaFcjP.png

Commander Laine Gowrie

1 x Valiant Class Star Destroyer - NIV Parmellian Warden

1 x Stalwart Class Carrier - NIV Nead na Seabhac

1 x Veers Class Star Galleon - NIV Contemptus

2 x Dragoon Class Escort Frigates - NIV Vigilance, NIV Lord Fallson[/i]

4 x Gurkha Class corvettes - Agrippa, Hawk, Golden Spear Claymore

Objective: Engage orbital invasion
Tag: Katherin DuPorcelen Katherin DuPorcelen Tella Voland Tella Voland Priscilla Tibera Jessen Tibera Jessen

The Parmelian Warden was under the command of its first officer, Commander Laine Gowrie, when the call came in from Galidraan that they had come under attack by the newly resurgent Empire. This made no sense to her, Galidraan had joined the new Empire and Governor Halfmake had been their choice as steward over the proud world, but now... The Commander shook her head as her ships broke hyperspace and it was apparent that a large-scale attack.was happening.

"Commander, they are attacking the Tefkian airbase, officers on the ground are demanding assistance, they say if we lose this base we lose Galidraan."

"What kind of Imperial ruler can lose a planet based in a single boggin airfield?"

"Your ruler.. ma'am, these are his orders."

Laine shook her head and looked at them, engage fleets, push them out of system, intercept orbital assault forces. Oh well, she was an Imperial officer of the Galidraani defense fleet, those were her orders, so she would follow them to her best. "Take us in, engage that Eternal warship with all vessels, let's see if they are paying attention."

Her fleet would scramble their air wings and open fire on the ENS Reqium hopefully catching the large ship at least a little unprepared for a pitched battle in space against a numerically superior force. The eradicator bombers lined up behind her fighters and began the perilous journey towards their target. They were ferocious machines that were capable of inflicting serious damage on even battlecruisers, but they would take time to arrive.

"By the time we reach their picket, I want firing solutions on every ground target not flying a Galidraan flag, are the ground forces sticking with the governor?" she asked the comm officer as she heard the door behind her open and her Captain enter the bridge from his off duty chambers.​

The tension could almost be cut with a knife, it was rather aggravating to say the least that he has to play peacemaker with a lot of people. Being the Chief presented challenges only he now knew Alhai Pavan had to deal with! With a few seconds of hearing of Valerian Draak Valerian Draak , he was reminded of the voice, tone and how an Imperial should be acting at near all times. Nodding a bit at the worst for wear, he spoke out as he motioned him to come with him.

"Oh indeed, new arm but same stupidity. We really could use the help. I-"

When he heard the other ISB officer speak, there was a distinct sigh from the Sullustan as he grabbed his arm and pulled him to the side. Whatever words were exchanged was very brief but to the point, letting him go as he made a motion towards the vault site. It was under a lot of construction, a lot of equipment as the fifth door was opened...only to show the sixth door as the Sullustan rubbed his eyes a bit.

"Sooner this is done, the sooner I can get a caf. See if you have an idea how to open...door no lock magneto thing here?"
Valerian Draak Valerian Draak

CIUGcj9.png

Tella nodded appreciatively at Tibera, genuinely glad to see that it looked like the woman had learned from the disastrous mission on Mon Calamari. She did not want any screwups against the amount of firepower they were facing as a member of the ground team. Sure, they had air support, but there were an awful lot of soldiers, some walkers, not to mention all those turbolasers and ion cannons. She really did not want to have to go full pedal to the metal as they put it here today, she wished it would just go smoothly so that the governor would understand his place and submit, or probably better yet at this point, resign so that they did not have to go through a full-scale military occupation of the world.

Listening to the admiral’s request, she glanced at the ion cannons, then pulled out her commlink and aimed it at them. The miniature computer inside soon did its work and confirmed the worst. Yes, the ion cannons were capable of firing into space, they could hit the Admiral’s ships if she was not careful in how she deployed her forces. The turbolasers, thankfully, seemed limited to anti-air support, so although they posed a considerable challenge to any pilots hoping to do a bombing run on the base once the shields were down, it was not impossible to do so. And once they managed to destroy the power generator, the base would be fully open for all sorts of strikes and landings.

“Inform the Admiral that yes, those ion cannons can fire into space and that she should be careful. They are likely trying to figure out whether or not we are friend or foe but that can change at a moment’s notice.”

With that, she also replied to Bella.

“Roger TK-666, be prepared to move on my signal…things will escalate quickly.”

Motioning for @Tibera to follow her, Tella quickly advanced forward, using the blizzard to conceal her movements, to the edge of the perimeter fence. Quietly taking out her lightsaber, she slashed a large hole in it, using the Force to rip the formerly electrified metal to the side in the snow.

“TK-666, take out the leftmost perimeter guards near the hangar.” She quietly ordered into her commlink. “Tibera, I’m gonna take out the two closest to us using the Force, you use your blades and silently take out the patrol in the middle. The idea is we take down their perimeter defenses, they don’t know exactly where we came in, then we go in and hit the shield generators hard so we can get some air support without worry and catch them by surprise, got it?”

Tella did not wait long for an answer before moving forward, lightsaber off, towards the pair of patrolling guards closest to them. They saw her for just a moment before their throats began to close, lifted off the ground slightly as Tella pulled off a double force choke using both of her hands to direct her power, unable to say anything as they slowly choked to death. Tella hoped Tibera was taking advantage of this to move forward to silently take out the other patrol.

Bella Bella Tibera Jessen Tibera Jessen Katherin DuPorcelen Katherin DuPorcelen

Tags: Tella Voland Tella Voland Tibera Jessen Tibera Jessen Laine Gowrie Laine Gowrie Priscilla
Equipment: In Bio

In a split second, this mission went from complicated, but with much going well, to everything that could go wrong for my role in this happening at nearly at once. First came a transmission from the ground team.
"A message from the surface, Admiral. Permission to patch it through?", sheepishly said the comms worker.
"Granted."
And there it was. The cannons at the base had capabilities for hitting craft in orbit. Sure, if the troops at the base pushed the cannons to their limits they may be able to hit my ships in more lower orbit. That was annoying, at the least. Certainly will lenghten the amount of time that any strike craft or drop ships can get down to the surface once the generators are offline. I looked back at the comms station after pondering the results over for a few moments.
"Comms! Send a return transmission on the encrypted channel. Tell the ground team that our fleet has already made the precautions and have adjusted position to outermost orbit. We will likely be out of range of any effective shots from those cannons, but that means it will take longer for any support to reach the planet's surface. Tell them we will remain in such a position until the generators are down, and there is full knowledge the cannons are not operational."
"Sending reply on the encrypted channel!"

Then came the fear I dreaded the most with this engagement when an entire fleet arrived in the system. I only had a splinter of my fleet, which left me dwarfed in comparison. Sure, it was only meant for a patrol of the hyperlanes by the looks of it, but I still was outnumbered substantially. This new arrival was in a strange situation. It cearly had the readings of Imperial Remnants, but was not exactly of us in the Empire of the Lost.

I did see the cunning in them attacking straight out of entering real space within the sytem. Clever of them indeed. However, we were still somewhat ready. The shields were up facing orbit, yet that was merely to protect our underbelly from stray shots of the ion cannons below. To our sides, our shields were up from the start as preparation for engagement when entering the system. My prior orders to have the gunners ready also seemed to help us as well. The only thing we did not have in preparation was position, however. Their angle rendered a good portion of my right flank unable to fire without moving. The Requiem and the left flank, however, were open to fire at the bombers coming inbound.

"Star! Send alarms to the ship! Have every crewmember on this vessel get to battle stations immediately"
Through the intercom on my terminal, Star's ever cheerful voice rang through, "Right away, Admiral DuPorcelen."
"Comms! Send word to the right flank. Tell them to get into a position for a broadside firing line against the oncoming fleet. Send signals to the ships of the left flank to take up a defensive line as well. Check to make sure they have their men getting ot battle stations as well. Lastly, send a signal to the hangars. Get our interceptors in space now! If the first volleys miss those bombers, the interceptors will. However, keep orders clear to not engage the main ships. I want you to patch me to their command ship."
"Understood Admiral! Sending the signals."
There was a moment's hesistation from my angle with the rest of that order. It was hard to say if it was the soldier having difficulty comprehending my order to hail the opposing commander to possibly turn them to the Empire's ranks, or at least make for a parle to bide time for any loyal reinforcements to come and either balance or tip the scales in favor of our side with the fight to come.

"Patching you through to the hostile command ship, Admiral."
The holo recorder on my terminal began to hum to life. I briskly stepped up from my chair to face my possible foe standing. When the signal came through for me to face the other commander, I saw the appearance. Certainly Imperial of origin, and possibly from these parts from what I have seen. She also seemed young as well. This could either mean ambitious to destroy an older Admiral with more experience to add to her repitoire of victories, or may be ambitious to join the Empire of the Lost ranks in full to preserve herself and her fleet. However, I was sure to not present great weakness. While my fleet was on the weaker end, there was still a chance with some tricks up the sleeves of the Requiem's design. Also, I simply refused in my mind to grovel for mercy at the foot of such a commander. A slight sensation of phantom pain in my left shoulder made sure I remembered the vow I made to myself.

It was then made clear that my signal has reached the hostile bridge.

"This is Rear Admiral Katherin DuPorcelen of the Empire of the Lost.", it still took some getting used to saying that rather than the Eternal Empire, "The planetary government on this world has rebelled against the growing might of the Empire which has rightfully claimed this world. The Planetary Governor sees it fit that he no longer needs the Empire, and thus the Empire of the Lost will not tolerate such a rebellion. State your business for defending this traitor."
I then took a moment's pause before ending.
"If you are not interested in fighting the will of the Empire, then I suggest you take my offer of parle so that no lives are pointlessly lost for either of us. To make myself clear, as a high ranking officer within the Empire of the Lost, if you strike me down in this ship, you make yourself a target of other fleets inbound for this system waiting for an escalation of conflict."
While my Kalidani accent was still thick from growing up speaking only High Imperial, my Galactic Basic was still good enough to be understood through any possible distortion of holo-projection as I coldly sent my message. I then stood rigidly in my Eternal Empire uniform decorated with new Empire of the Lost pins in place of some of the older pieces of regalia awaiting the other commander's reply.

Last edited:

Priscilla

P
Tags: Tella Voland Tella Voland Katherin DuPorcelen Katherin DuPorcelen Laine Gowrie Laine Gowrie Tibera Jessen Tibera Jessen

“Roger TK-666, be prepared to move on my signal…things will escalate quickly.”

“Holding station.” Priscilla said. With that, the jet trooper cut the comm and waited with bated breath as the ground team moved towards the perimeter fence. Now that she was flying low, Priscilla was not able to see nearly as much, especially given the raging blizzard. However, she could still make out the shield generators and the guards patrolling around them.

“TK-666, take out the leftmost perimeter guards near the hangar.” She quietly ordered into her commlink.

“Copy that. Moving in to engage.” She answered. Immediately, Priscilla flew towards the two perimeter guards on the west side of the base. She immediately ruled out using her blaster rifle, her gauntlet blasters, and her jetpack-mounted missiles, so as to avoid alerting the guards patrolling around the shield generators.

That left her Deathwasps.

Touching down a short distance away from the two guards, Priscilla armed her Deathwasps and locked on to the two guards. Then, after raising her right arm towards her targets, a pair of tiny, rocket-propelled projectiles spat out from the launcher cells, before homing in on the two guards.

Pop! Pop!

The two Deathwasps exploded upon cutting into the necks of their designated targets, decapitating both of the guards and causing their bodies to drop like marionettes with their strings cut. Priscilla cracked a small smile at the sight, before transmitting back to the main group with no small amount of emphasis in her girlish tone.

“West perimeter clear. Targets destroyed!”

Tibera listened to Tella's orders with care. The task was fairly simple, cut up the guards and don't raise any alarms on the way to do so. They followed Tella closely, getting a good showing of force power on the way. It never got any easier to watch someone be choked by nothing. Soon life left the two guards and they were dropped onto the frozen earth like trash. A grim reminder of what happened to those who crossed the Empire.

It was now Tibera's job to clean up the remaining two guards. They had no such fantastic powers to do the job with, it would get messy. Stalking through the snow, the armor clad merc managed to somehow sneak up on the guards. They were alerted the SHING of blades leaving their housing, before they saw the armor clad bear behind them. They'd raise their rifle's instinctively, but the blades were already too close for their shots to go off. With a few quick slices the mercenary dropped the two guards. Their bodies drenching the white snow with red.

"Guards neutralized, we're ready for the next objective."

That would doubtlessly be taking out the shield generators. So far so good, the weather was even on their side. Even the brash and easy to spot armored mercenary was able to hide in a blizzard this dense. Maybe they'd be able to make it to the shield generators unnoticed, now that would be a surprise. It was unlikely however, something like those shield generators were too important to leave unguarded. A soldier could hope however.

"Wonder if there's some way to shut off the Ion cannons too... Would make life easier for the fleet."

Vivian thretis

V
Tags: Jegy Sesara Jegy Sesara Valerian Draak Valerian Draak

Vivian walked through the camp with military precision she knew there where people who didn't care for the Inquisitorius and those who would insight those feelings. She didn't hold any sort of air if superiority about herself or her rank as chief in the nisb. She has briefly held command of justicars for house draco before.

Before her exile now she helped the empire putting her skills to use against force users and acquiring force related artifacts and knowledge for the empire. As she walked through the camp she noticed wondering eyes on her she payed them no mind as she made her way to jegy and his compatriot who's name escapes her.

"Bureau Chief sesara I am chief vivian thretis an honor to finally meet you" she said she noticed how tired he looked as she walked with him and valerian. She figured she would be filled in on any information she would need as she needed it and would take care of it to the best of her abilities.

UaaFcjP.png

Commander Laine Gowrie

1 x Valiant Class Star Destroyer - NIV Parmellian Warden

1 x Stalwart Class Carrier - NIV Nead na Seabhac

1 x Veers Class Star Galleon - NIV Contemptus

2 x Dragoon Class Escort Frigates - NIV Vigilance, NIV Lord Fallson[/i]

4 x Gurkha Class corvettes - Agrippa, Hawk, Golden Spear Claymore

Objective: Engage orbital invasion
Tag: Katherin DuPorcelen Katherin DuPorcelen Tella Voland Tella Voland Priscilla Tibera Jessen Tibera Jessen

Laine watched as the transmission from the interloping vessel came through, she was clearly ex-Eternal Empire, come here to claim territory alongside this Remnant upstart. She looked at her captain who had now entered the bridge but had not yet taken command.

<<Katherin DuPorcelen, I am Commander Laine Gowrie of the Galidraan Defence force, you are a long way from home.>> Laine's own accent was like her father's strong and clearly galidraani. <<Your Empire has annexed this region against the wishes of the free Galidraani people, my orders are to prevent this, would you like it clearer?>> she smirked listening to the offer for parley with her and her Captain. And the polite reminder that "If you hurt me my friends will get you..." very brave of her.

<<An offer to parely is traditionally not preceeded by a planetary invasion. I cannot allow talk to be used in bad faith to delay our response. If you expect me to offer parley to my captain, then immediately recall your space born forces and enter continue holding orbit out of range of ground cannons.>>

The Captain now looked over at his first officer as Laine silenced the feed. "What do you think Commander? Delaying tactic? Can we trust her?"

"She's Eternal Empire captain, I wouldn't trust her so far as I could spit." Laine replied honestly.

"Very well, I will accept parley on the terms you have offered her, have her board a corvette and meet half way, you will do the same."

"Me Captain? Tradition dictates..."

"That you follow your orders, this is your homeworld. And besides, I will need to make ready to attack with all the fury of the Empire should this pretender try to deceive us." he smiled and began to speak to his tactical officers who were right now working on optimal firing solutions.

Commander Gowrie reopened the feed, <<Ms DuPorcelen, if you agree to the terms I have outlined, please proceed to the following coordinates in a shuttlecraft, I will do the same on behalf of my captain. I look forward to meeting you.>> she breathed as they finished their communication and thought about how easily the Lost might blast her to atoms once she is out there. If agreed she would hed to a dast shuttle to the agreed location where she could dock with her adversary and they could exchange pleasantries.

Both fleets would likely be preparing to fight each other just in case, but imperials were, above all else, a civilised people so she at least had a little faith that this negotiation was not some ridiculous trap. At the very least, forcing her opponent to withdraw ground support would buy time for the defenders on Galidraan to regroup and perhaps stem the tide of battle in their favour.​

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom