Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dominion Radioactive diaries - CIS Dominion of Vondarc

pMsBsep.jpg

Tag: Luna Terrik Luna Terrik John Locke John Locke Nyx N1X3 Nyx N1X3

Stay focused.

General Terrik, checking her men's fire? That'd be a first.

Yes, Tallara was still a bit angry about the whole Shadow's Point situation. Mostly because of how silly it was -- but enough of that. There was a task at hand, and... well, Tallara needed some time to think about it.

A hypermatter radiation meltdown and spill was certainly very dangerous. It was foolish of Vondarc's government to store such volatile material on the surface of their planet; particularly in a place that was so close to populated and natural areas. Hadn't they heard the old adage "Build something around hypermatter, don't be surprised when it blows up."? Spectacular mismanagement. She hoped the Exarch taught them a thing or two on his visit to the planet.

Even though hypermatter could do significant damage to ecosystems and wildlife, Tallara wasn't convinced that this would be the result, at least not on its own. Radiation could certainly cause mutations, but acquired mutations of the reported scale and complexity were practically impossible, short of intentionally genetic experimentation or Sith sorcery. It didn't make sense to Tallara in isolation -- but perhaps, with the Force, nothing was impossible.

That was mostly why she'd agreed to this assignment, despite knowing who else would be there. She couldn't quite trust the droid or the soldiers, but she could trust the Force. And the Force was telling her something was off here.

Waiting at the entrance of the place had finally paid off with the thunderous steps of a beast in the distance. This was her chance to investigate a little further. The woman finally moved, seemingly materializing out of a shadow. As she began to approach the treeline, Tallara put a finger on her ear and spoke to Terrik. "Clear out your men and the cleanup teams southwest of the facility. I will deal with the beast." With that, the Knight set out on her quest.

pMsBsep.jpg

Objective: Stop the Chemical Leak
Tagging: John Locke John Locke | Tallara Tallara | Luna Terrik Luna Terrik | Open

"The Dauntless' protection will be most appreciated," the Droid responded over the commlink.

The droid had begun to enter the facility when her footsteps stopped. Her chassis turned, and glowing red eyes noted Tallara heading off toward the forest. In the direction of the low frequency rumble translated by ground and air. Perhaps more by air for the organics present. Naturally, the woman did not request backup or assistance. If Nyx deigned to enable her exasperation module, a droid might have sighed. Some organics were simply too set in their preconceptions about electronic intelligences.

"We should have the cleanup crews concentrate their efforts in sites away from the Southwest area," Nyx agreed aloud so John and others could hear. Not everyone might have tapped into Confederate channels. That said, she turned to begin a patrol around the facility's perimeter to identify structural weaknesses and breaches that would demand immediate action, and classifying the remaining work and the time table with which it would need begun to ensure another disaster did not occur.

w8flafr.jpg

For the time being, the little mindtrick by the Exarch has worked. The crowd, once having grown to a level of anger to possibly start a riot, has started to calm down. They seem more at ease, less violent, and less likely to to do something that would set the whole place ablaze. But as some keen eyes have seen, perhaps is there ones within the crowd very willing to take the violent approach, only playing along with the rest of the quieted down crowd? If one was to look closely, they might find suspicious figures, moving throughout the ranks of the crowd, wearing close to the same clothing as the rest of the group, save for a cloak around their shoulders. A cloak with a light green symbol of some kind.

Perhaps they mean violence. Perhaps they wish to start something. Best to keep an eye on them and their actions, or even be proactive, stopping them where they stand in the crowd. It is up to those that have been charged to control the crowd to decide. Elsewhere, near the entrance of the tower, a group of officials huddle together, at the center being an overweight Twi’lek, practically sweating through his expensive looking suit. Is he sweating because of the crowd? Or because of certain mishaps at the facility? An interrogation might reveal answers to those that seek them.

Even with the Exarch's talents, this crowd is still a powder keg. The officials are in the same boat. For their to be no bloodshed this day, calm and rational actions must be taken.

Adron Malvern Adron Malvern | Credius Credius | Ciri Jade Ciri Jade | Kyyrk Kyyrk | Damsy Callat Damsy Callat

Last edited:
pMsBsep.jpg

Tagging: Nyx N1X3 Nyx N1X3 | Tallara Tallara | Luna Terrik Luna Terrik

Glowing eyes tilted down to stare at the general as John followed her gaze up to the ceiling, brow furrowing at the sight of the crack that had riven its way through the ceiling as he sighed. "I'll add it to the list but, it's really just not a priority right now." One hand came up to run through his hair, the man's head falling back down as he shook his head. "It's not really supercritical to fix a crack as long as the ceiling isn't about to fall down on us, I'd rather get the plant up and running before we went to look at the cosmetic fixes."

The man's head tilted to the side before he nodded at Nyx, "I'll reassign them away from the area," he noted closing his eyes for a moment as a new series of commands went winging out through the communications network that had been set up. Dark eyes flicked open, staring at a wall without really seeing it as John cycled through reports as they came filtering in. "It looks like we should be able to get some basic function up and running before too long. At least enough to contain the remaining waste in the facility. Cleaning up the waste that's got out will be a whole other thing though."

CqmBSiP.jpg

The reports contained information about an underdeveloped zone, a distance away from the contamination. A recent local census reported little to no civilian presence, which meant that any dealings in that zone were strictly off the record and undocumented. That, or they were entirely illegal. It was the perfect front for any illicit operation. In short, it was almost exactly what the Ministry of Secrets was looking for.

But, to send an agent posed certain risks. With the Knights Obsidian already deployed nearby, utilizing an asset from the group allowed appearances to remain consistent with spill cleanup while data collection proceeded as normal. Alkor differed from the group in his outfitting during their initial briefing phases and members of the team brought alongside Hisashi had questioned why he opted for stealth on a straightforward kill mission. Alkor was already an outcast by Obsidian standards, even if they tolerated him due to mandate.

It was hardly difficult to avoid conversation on the matter.

Now, as he moved through the restricted zone with his Force Signature neutered and electronics geared toward sensor baffling engaged, the Dark Jedi saw no shortage of overgrowth that had not suffered contamination. The forested area was lush with life and green, and at the slightest pinprick of Force Sense, Alkor felt live all around him in abundance.

Specifically, he felt human life.

"Undocumented persons," he muttered contemplatively as he moved through the underbrush and headed for the source of his suspicions. He anticipated some manner of settlement, something low tech and easy to collapse at a moment's notice. They wouldn't have been able to operate a large scale operation under the noses of the local government, after all.

Rather, with the information readily provided by the locals, that was the obvious assumption.

Someone was lying.

Áine

Á
CqmBSiP.jpg

Hisashi | Beric Layne Beric Layne | Dain Vikaar

Being with him again was like living a dream.

Did she deserve the forgiveness he had shown? She didn’t believe so, but he had given it to her regardless, and she had vowed to treasure it always. Where he went, she went, and she had promised it would stay that way until the end of time. She was still trying to wrap her head around belonging to one man or belonging to anyone for that matter. The concept was difficult to put into words, and even more difficult to carry through, especially for someone who was designed to be free. Had she made a mistake promising things she wasn’t sure she could keep? That was yet to be seen, but for now, she was going to try her best to make him happy.

But she wasn’t here to think about that, they were here to clean up a radioactive mess and the more they saw of their target the more she knew she would have to concentrate. So, for the meanwhile all that was shoved to the back of her mind.

The flora all around them had been crushed by some great weight, swept to the side as though the roots they had buried into the earth never even existed. Whatever did this must have been huge? Bigger than anyone who had decided to come and join them on the mission today. When Hisashi told her to stay close, Aine wasn’t about to argue. It seemed the other Knights who had joined them were asking the right questions, and though Aine would have agreed that their haste was perhaps unfounded… she had fought worse. Whatever this thing was that left craters in the soft earth in its wake, yes it was massive, and yes it held the potential to be very dangerous but she and Hisashi had fought mechs the size of skyscrapers, droids ten times bigger than they had any right to be. How difficult could it be to fight this beast in comparison?

Without any warning, a thunderous sound came over Aine’s ears, followed by the panicked voice of Hisashi. He dived out of the way and so too did she, tucking behind the trunk of a sickly green tree. “What the hell is that thing?!” Aine peeked from behind the trunk, in an attempt to get a better look at the beast, but it was already charging headfirst into one of the Knights that had joined them that day. “When you said do you want to hunt a beast, I didn’t think you meant a Garza look-a-like, Hisashi.” She spoke with a small amount of breathlessness, but she wasn’t tired, it was the adrenaline coursing through her system. The same adrenaline that made her heartbeat out of her chest till she was almost certain it would crack a rib if it didn’t slow down.

Hisashi called everyone to his side, it was just sheer fortune that he happened to be so close to her anyway. “What’s the game plan?” She asked, still attempting to keep her body flat against the tree and out of sight of the beast that lumbered toward the knight with some speed.

pMsBsep.jpg

Objective: Protect the cleanup crews
Time: 0835
Equipment: BAW-88 Blaster Carbine, Tactical Recon Handguns (2), Personal Armor, CryoBan Grenade (4), Thermal Detonator (2)
Tags: Nyx N1X3 Nyx N1X3 | John Locke John Locke | Tallara Tallara | Damsy Callat Damsy Callat

Jepei1u.png

Luna couldn’t help the slight wince that came from hearing what Damsy had called her. She was still getting used to the new ranking system, as well as her new promotion, one that she was unsure she had truly earned. Regardless, she was able to shake off the odd feeling quick enough to promptly respond to her squamate. “Acknowledged, captain Callat. Keep me updated on the situation over there. Lets try to avoid bloodshed if we can.” The captain could handle what was going on, Luna trusted that. Still, it was a volatile situation that could explode at any moment. Caution was to be adviced.

The moment she got off the comm, she was unhappily made notice of a beast to the southwest. It was the little knight that she had butted heads with on a number of occasions. Still, if the blue skinned woman had a feeling about something, the general was obliged to acknowledge her request. Luna didn’t understand the force, nor really cared to. Smarter to allow the experts to do their thing and not get in their way.

“Alright, I’ll pull any troops and engineers in the area out. Keep me updated, I’ll send help your way if you need it.” Well, that was more than likely handled. Better to turn the attention back on the facility and helping with whatever needed to get done. That attention was given to the cybernetical enhanced man, chuckling about his comments about the cosmetic touchups. “Well, what can we be doing to help you get to full basic functionality? My men aren’t engineers but they can help.”

Jepei1u.png

They were all fools. The common men and women of this planet were so easily swayed by the slightest impression through the Force that it was nearly comical. As Voph spoke, the Exarch found that their minds were in similar fashion. He turned his commlink on so that Ciri may hear the conversation that transpired. "The High Councilor is correct. I will remain here and keep the crowd calmed, while he and Viceroy Nargath will go and meet with the planetary officials. Find out what those fools have been doing, or not doing, to allow things to get to such a point. Trooper Callat. you will move into the crowds. See if you can't identify some of the more harmful members of the crowd who are trying to incite riot and neutralize them, Jade will provide cover for you."

With that being said, Adron walked over to the podium that had been prepared for him. The standard of The Confederacy hung proudly from beneath the podium and a number of cameras hovered around the Exarch. He tested the microphone before allowing his silken voice to flow over the loudspeakers and holochannels. "My name is Exarch Adron Malvern, second Exarch of The Confederacy and King of Illyria. The plight of the people has been heard." He spoke freely, with a certain passion that no one would realize was entirely false. He did not care for these people or their troubles, but it was his job to make them believe he did. "I stand worried, as you do, for the fate of Vondarc. You are people of a proud history that deserve a sound economy and ecosystem."

"You must feel so alone, so mistreated? Who has stood up for you? Spoken for you? Who, aside from yourselves, has ever cared for you?"

"The Vicelord has made the stability of Vondarc a top priority. The Confederacy of Independent Systems is here, for you!" He said, pointing to the crowd, just to add a certain flare. "We have the means, the information, and I am happy to say that the Vondarc government has agreed to place it's full support into a path to stability." As he continued to speak, he turned off the microphone so that the crowds would not hear him.

"You lot hurry up, I can sense the crowd's rage, though I can keep it at bay I will not be able to leave until you have completed your missions. Go."

Voph was already in motion, having nodded and turned to leave the second that the Exarch had granted his permission. He looked to the group of officially dressed individuals, and beckoned them to follow. The pace he set was not hurried, per say, but it was fast enough that the Twi'lek might have had trouble keeping up. "Walk. Speak. The crowd will turn on us at the drop of a hat and you have done nothing but cower behind walls, begging for us to fix your mess." Voph led the way to the nearest conference room, and ushered the officials in.

Once seats had been selected, Voph moved to one end of the table, leaving the other end open for Credius.
"My intent is to get to the bottom of this. Figure out what happened, so that it will never happen again." Voph was angry, that much was certain. But his tone suggested an air of a teacher, speaking with a group of misbehaved students. "I, of all beings, should be pointing out the obvious when I state that this situation is unacceptable. As the leader of my own planet, I have overseen the construction of numerous such facilities. And I know as well as you that facilities such as this have redundancies on redundancies on REDUNDANCIES that prevent a meltdown on the scale of what we are witnessing. A single earthquake, and your planet is now arguably as toxic as Raxis Prime. I want an explanation for how the situation was allowed to deteriorate to this level, what is being done to fix it, and what you will do to prevent this from ever happening again. For those of you with unsatisfactory answers, I, along with Viceroy Nargath, will be beyond pleased to help you draft a letter of resignation."

w8flafr.jpg

Equipment: Chronometer, Roc-Class Armor
Weapons: A-180 Blaster Pistol (Rifle config.)
Her comm sprang to life as Adron spoke, mostly for her benefit she was certain. Continued surveillance of the crowds and those of the suspicious number brought details to her attention that would further aid them in identification of those with malicious intent. Among the masses there were several in cloaks but it was those who bore a symbol that seemed to be acting suspicious prior to the subjugation through the Force. Adjusting her comms, she secured an encrypted channel with Captain Callat of the CDF. With no knowledge on what exactly the locals were capable of, en encrypted channel of hers was more likely to keep their communications secured from any who would dare attempt to slice in.

< Captain, I have eyes on the crowd from an overlook position. Prior to their sedation, the suspicious individuals were identified to be wearing cloaks marked with symbols. They're doing well to blend in and I've counted up to seven confirmed so far. At this time, I don't know if they are armed but I suspect blasters and possible explosives if they intend on causing damage. At the least, I'd wager incendiaries if not detonators. >

Shifting from her position, she moves only a few feet away to another spot that grants a different angle. Waiting for the sedtion to wear off wasn't a great option, and though the Exarch's words may hold some of the people at bay, those with malicious intent would seek only to move their plans along. Spotting one dressed in a similar cloak to those she had already identified standing near the edge of the crowd, she focused for a moment on them, catching the slightest glimpse of a blaster on their side. Despite being unable to tell the make of the weapon, the presence was enough to confirm that if things go bad, there would be casualties that Vondarc does not need.

< Blaster presence confirmed. If things go hostile, it'll get bad real quick.. >

will you sink down to me?
w8flafr.jpg

Form: Humanoid Equipment: Trident | dartgun | rifle
Tags: Adron Malvern Adron Malvern | Ciri Jade Ciri Jade | Kyyrk Kyyrk | Ezekiel Rage Ezekiel Rage | Credius Credius

Damsy huffed through her nose at Adron's order, off comms, in nothing by affirmation. To steel herself. Stealth was her forte in the water as a squaloid, not quite on land as a shifter. Rather, she just hadn't had much opportunity to prove herself in the latter regard. And regardless of form or environment, she was a monster at her core, the experiment the Vicelord had taken to calling 'princess.'

She would - not just could - do this. It was in her nature. For once, what drove her to obedience was not loyalty to the Confederacy but predatory instincts.

With both hands up to guide her, she pushed through the riot line into the demonstrators. Their ranks were mostly tightly-packed, with a few pockets of air. She stopped in one to listen to the new voice in her ear and continued to patch herself in, informing the agent, <Copy clear.> Damsy scanned the square, her view a chaotic mess of movement, clothes, and exposed skin. Though it was, she was stilled by self control, ever vigilant for true hostility, but refusing to pull foregone conclusions as to it. This wasn't going to fall apart if she had anything to say about it.

Again , she pushed on, actively seeking whatever danger this gathering hid. Finally, she spotted a few of the marks Ciri had. The scent was different, muted by oxidation out of water, but familiar still: of bloodlust and violence. <I have three and a possible fourth within strike range. Mark your targets on my HUD - I'll send you the frequency.> Ducking her head momentarily to focus on her wrist datapad, she did. <In the meantime, I'll see if I can't ID any blast weapons, but I don't wanna stare too long. I stick out like a sore thumb down here.> On the move again, she wove through the crowd. In a minute, she had taken a dozen staging grounds before falling back to the line, where she could call back Jade with the intel gathered: <Got my eyes on a handful of modified DH-17s. Can't get confirmation on detonators, but 'got an idea: fish for common explosive frequencies. Jam 'em if you find 'em.>

"Officer?" she asked the closest military uniform. She approached with her sunbonnet down, fiddling with her Kamioan dartgun in her hands. The side of the grip popped off, and she carefully picked out half of her clip. They found a new home in the man's gloved hand. "There's a CIS operative in overwatch. I need you to run these to them. Be. Discreet." The direction, in the form of a head nod, was rather vague, but Damsy didn't even know exact where the bird had nested. Only when she had left his, ducking back over the line into the brewing protest, did she explain, <Watered down Kaminoan poison darts on their way to you. They'll incapacitate, but allow for later interrogation. You got the three on your left. Keep an eye on 'em. Standby, I'll try to get them to the outskirts...>

And she knew just how.

She hoped her siren voice wouldn't crack after all this time.

Last edited:
w8flafr.jpg

Equipment: KRONOS , FIRE , ICE , Signet Ring , Vele Jivanikas jewel , Lightsaber hidden within garments,
Extra: Valkan Guard , ZMD-C1 Mercury
Tags: Adron Malvern Adron Malvern | Ezekiel Rage Ezekiel Rage | Damsy Callat Damsy Callat | Kyyrk Kyyrk | Ciri Jade Ciri Jade
Nodding calmly towards Councillor Voph, the viceroy of Eriadu simply gave the man a slight glimmer of a grin before turning his attention for a moment towards the Droids he had brought with him. While the high councillor seemed to do his best to keep Credius as close as possible to himself, most likely out of distrust, he really did not care all that much about it. However, when the Exarch himself seemed to follow Voph's advisement, the Sith Lord motioned two of his guards to remain behind and set up a tactical formation with the dozen of droids which had been brought with him planetside in order to safeguard the Exarch.

"I'll do as you require of me, your excellency," The Viceroy gave a polite nod towards Adron before following the overweight twi'lec and High Councillor Voph, the remaining two members of his guard and the golden orb which floated around him following suit. Upon reaching the nearest conference room, the viceroy motioned the two Valkan Guards to stand watch outside of the door and moved over towards the seat left open for him by the High Councillor. "Shall we?"

It looked like Voph had already constructed a speech for himself based on the information which was readily available, combined with what Credius could only denote as a sly, political mind in order to force this bloatedofficial into the desired direction regarding the conversation. All the viceroy could do as he was listening, was show that same faint grin he had shown Voph before. "Call it a mercy, good sir," Credius' tone was cold and collected, lesspassionate than the High councillor at the very least. "As the High councillor mentioned, you have been doing nothing else but disregarding galactic safety protocols, concordances signed and upheld by more than a hundred large companies, conglomarates and nations. Your failures have resulted in this mess and you thought you'd simply be allowed to recreate this mess after we'd be alleviating this problematic situation at this very moment?"
Adjusting his cufflinks a bit, the viceroy motioned towards the golden orb which had been following him for the entire time. "Kronos, do give me a detailed report on this man's failures if you want," The golden orb seemed to buzz for a moment, a hole appearing within its shiny exterior, with a fluorescent blue light projecting a holographic screen with the details on the disaster and the fine points which are to be blamed for what had happened. "Safety regulations, building quality, operational flaws... this is a rather large list of issues that have lead directly to your current issue. The High Councillor is correct to say that you have personally endangered not only yourself, but your people and your planet. As said, your resignation... we'll happily assist you in forming a formal letter of resignation, but it will not end there, you will take responsibility for your failures."

Standing up from his seat, the Viceroy calmly walked over to the Overweight Twi'lec official, holding his hands behind his back as he leaned forwards when standing practically behind the official, with a shimmer of an amber hue within his usually silver eyes, the viceroy leaned a bit forwards with a sinister grin on his face. "All I see is a fat, bloated buffoon who desperately tries to save his own hide from a populace that has turned against him. You should realize by now... that what I said was true, our demands are a mercy to you. What do you think your people would demand when they know the full truth of this matter, hmm?"

w8flafr.jpg
d

The majority of the crowd seemed quite interested in the Exarch’s words, especially once he introduced himself. For the Confederacy to have sent someone so high up in their ladder to their planet, to take care of their problems, spoke a lot to this new reign’s interests. They seemed to be hanging on his every word, cheering loud for each and every question he asked of them. His speech was leading to them getting rowdy yet again, more colored smoke grenades being popped and waved all around. Perhaps the crowd was less angry now, but their excitement and thirst for justice was no where near extinguished.

Within the crowd, the cloaked individuals were beginning to use the renewed excitement to make their way closer to the platform. Slowly, however, as to continue to attempt to not arise any sort of suspicion from the Exarch on the platform. The commando within the crowd had not yet been noticed, nor had the sniper, yet the pair could not count on that being the case forever. Underneath their cloaks, as the commando had surmised, were hidden blasters and detonators. Their target? The exarch? No, no he seemed genuinely interested in helping the planet. It was the former leaders of this planet that were in the crosshairs of these terrorists. If the exarch was to get in the way, however, then they wouldn’t hesitate to push past by whatever means necessary.

Inside the conference room, every single one of the group of officials practically squirmed in their seats. The twilek, while obviously nervous, seemed furiously against the words of both the Miraluka and the human. A fat, meaty fist slammed into the table after the Miraluka had dared speak of their resignations, followed by him standing as the other, small man, began to speak. “You two know nothing! Everything we did increased the profits by ten fold!” His walk was practically a waddle as he made his way to the front of the table, jamming a finger into Credius’s chest, despite the fact, even with headtails, he was a head shorter than him. “We are the heads of the most successful fuel company in the sector. And I will make more credits than you will ever see in your lifetime, you worm.” A furious gaze now focused on the blind man, finger pointed toward him instead. “Who cares about those people. They are poor, stupid. Practically worth nothing more than a hutt’s slave. If your precious Confederacy truly wants us gone, then we shall simply move the company to a new city, and start all over there. We have the backing to do it.”

Damsy Callat Damsy Callat | Ciri Jade Ciri Jade | Adron Malvern Adron Malvern | Kyyrk Kyyrk | Credius Credius

Last edited:
pMsBsep.jpg

Objective: Stop the Chemical Leak
Tagging: John Locke John Locke | Tallara Tallara | Luna Terrik Luna Terrik | Open

Nyx slowly picked up a device designed to measure the particle emissions of the spilled substances. With the added shielded and the device in hand, the droid began to patrol the perimeter to identify the least structurally sound or breached barriers. Anywhere too active even for her was marked for further survey to identify the scope of the affected area. Surface scans of the surrounding facility were noted with anything warranting review marked for follow-up. A crack somewhere that posed no danger wasn't worth being concerned about, but one in the wrong place might require a proper analysis.

It wouldn't take long, and the results would be uploaded for the crew on the ground to utilize as they saw fit.

"The foundation of the facility appears suitable to resume operations," Nyx declared as she neared Locke's position. "However, my summary findings strongly suggest this facility be relocated to another region, its materials reinforced -- as I see signs the strongest were not used here -- and additional safeguards implemented. Otherwise, I predict a secondary incident within one point three years; with hazardous material dispersal within residential areas in six point seven years." Six years wasn't that far away given they would need to build another facility and then relocate the material. They would have had much longer had the earthquake not caused significant damage.

Her cranial unit lifted and turned in the direction Tallara had gone. Hopefully the razor-sharp woman had not been injured.

He could sense it. His words were sparking the passions of the crowd and doing well to truly make them believe someone had come for them. The Exarch turned from the podium for a spare moment, his hand pressing to the comm link which sat in his ear. First, his words were to Damsy Callat Damsy Callat and Ciri Jade Ciri Jade . "You need to hurry. I can sense something....ill intentions. If you do not identify the ones in the crowd then they will get their opportunity to strike." He practically hissed the words, emphasizing the weight behind his words.

Next, his comm connected to Kyyrk Kyyrk and Credius Credius . "I hate to repeat myself, but time is running out. As the government for this world has proven insufficient in their role as overseer's, I am neutralizing all authority and power they believed to have, they are now prisoners of The Confederacy. High Councilor, Viceroy, it is your duty to arrest those men." He turned the comm device off before turning back to the crowd. If the government would not do for their people, a new regime would be set in place. One that served the interests of Vondarc and not merely it's own.

For Vondarc this was a new age, an age within The Confederacy of Independent Systems.

"Now, my people. The issues brought before me are grievous, however I am happy to report to you that Official Inspectors and Engineers have been commissioned to see these problems settled!"

Voph reached up, and pulled his hood back before removing his helmet. As black hair fell around his head, the scars of war were revealed to the gathered overseers. His gaze focused on the Twi'lek, and he moved forward slowly, threateningly. The titan of a man towered over the Twi'lek, his entire body offering the slient promise that he could rip the Twi'lek limb from limb, without need of the Force. "Do not call him a worm. Lest we see which one of us is truly gifted at wriggling through the dirt. I was going to help you. To ease your suffering. All I asked was that you explain yourself. To tell us why you have destroyed this world. And to be accused of standing in the way of profit. PROFIT."

Voph turned his head to the other members seated around the table, laying a rough hand on the Twilek's shoulder. His other hand raised to gesture to the assembly. "Look at your fellows. Tell them what this has cost. That you don't give a damn about any one of them. That you would sell them the instant they cease to be useful to you, because you only care about money." Voph bent down to speak directly next to the man's ear, but still loud enough for the whole room to hear. "Tell them that the men that came here to help save their lives are not wanted because we are not good for profit." Voph straightened up and looked around the room. "You are all worthless, and undeserving of the titles you hold now, or any titles you may have held before. And mark my words, on my authority within the Confederacy, you will never hold another job within our borders. Effective immediately, the Confederacy of Independent Systems is assuming control of the governance of Vondarc, and the existing government officials are terminated from office. You are under arrest for crimes against your people, and are now prisoners of the Confederacy. Any who wish to complain or resist will answer to my blade."

w8flafr.jpg
Equipment: KRONOS, FIRE , ICE, Signet Ring, Vele Jivanikas jewel, Lightsaber, hidden within garments,
Extra: Valkan Guard, ZMD-C1 Mercury
Tags: Adron Malvern Adron Malvern |@Ezekiel Rage | Damsy Callat Damsy Callat | Kyyrk Kyyrk | Ciri Jade Ciri Jade

Credius remained calm and rather collected when the Twi'lec started to berate him, throwing around the weight he thought to have, not in fact knowing he was talking to a man who wore that mentioned profit simply around his neck. It all simply brought a faint smile to his face, even when the man turned towards the high councillor, all Credius could do was smile at the futility and outrageous confidence the man seemed to have in what insignificant amount of power he posessed, without actually even realizing just how petty and pathetic he made himself look with his actions.

"Well, that was that," The Viceroy stood up and let out a soft chuckle when looking at the other officials after hearing both the relayed message of the Exarch through the comm and the words the Miralukan High Councillor had spoken. "In response to your hostile demeanor, we hereby rescind our mercy and goodwill towards you. It was... amusing to have this talk, even if it was but a short exchange of words. If you would like to excuse me Lord Councillor, I don't think my presence here is... to be deemed necessary anymore, is it?"

w8flafr.jpg

Equipment: Chronometer, Roc-Class Armor
Weapons: A-180 Blaster Pistol (Rifle config.)
Leaning her shoulder against the stock of her A-180, the Raven slipped on a pair of glasses, activating their HUD she flipped through the menus as the chronometer synced, recognizing the activation of their paired glasses. Searching the crown below once more, targets were marked and sent to the Captain after keying in the frequency needed. < Target count updating now. > With the marks sent, she began to scan common frequencies used by detonators. Within moments, results had confirmed signals carrying the frequency within the crowd. Plucking a small jammer from the ground beside her, the frequency was input as her HUD lit up with with proximity alerts. One of her sensors set up outside of the nest had been tripped. The runner sent with the darts had followed the markings she left for any within the CIS to understand.

Rising to her feet, the jammer rested within her left hand as she approached the door, opening it to meet them. As the darts were dropped into her right hand, she held out the jammer. "
Take this jammer and keep it near the crowd. It must stay on your person at the least. Position yourself near City Hall, it'll prevent detonators from being armed. Hurry, go." Giving the them no time to speak, the Raven rushed them on their way as she secured the door once again. Returning to her previous perch, her eyes turn to the crowd once more. < Darts recieved. I gave your runner a jammer for the detonators but it'll have to be kept near City Hall due to limited range. It should keep any hostiles nearest their target from making use of them. Furthest reach of the jammer's effective range should be the middle of the crowd if he positions himself as instructed. > As she spoke, her fingers popped open a small compartment on her A-180, slipping the darts into it before closing it once more. Her rifle configuration had been modified with a secondary barrel to make use of darts though the modification was only temporary as it made the parts for the rifle harder to carry along with her on operations.

Placing the stock against her shoulder again, she peered through the scope, adjusting her seating arrangement for proper stability. Her breathing slowed to, bringing her own heartbeat down to further stabilize her rifle as the Exarch's voice came through again, suggesting that they hurry. With the jammer en route and the Captain leading targets away from the crowd, she'd seek to deal with the targets quickly and turn her attention back to the crowd, her HUD relaying information as it updated in real time.

< Eyes on the three. Let's make it quick. >

will you sink down to me?
w8flafr.jpg

Form: Humanoid Equipment: Trident | dartgun | rifle
Tags: Ciri Jade Ciri Jade | Adron Malvern Adron Malvern | Kyyrk Kyyrk | Credius Credius | Luna Terrik Luna Terrik
Jackpot.

As she waited for further contact, wandering again, Damsy noticed a target talking into his wrist. The nod of another across the way caught her attention. Same plan, slight modification. She stepped back to play with the hacker on her own wrist communicator, see if she can't weasel her way into their conversation.

There.

Damsy suddenly remembered her unscheduled check in. She quickly reached to the side of her sunbonnet to switch frequencies back the Dauntless' radio. "GM, Callat here," she began. "Affirmative on insurgents within the Capitol protest. I've been told to eliminate with the help a birdie. Don't worry - we'll keep civvies safe."

Solid copy made of both Exarch Malvern and Agent Jade. The sithspawn had snuck up a safe distance behind two of her targets just in case she wouldn't be able to tap into their comms, where she carefully swallowed and set her jaw before tuning her headset into a one way with the terrorists' frequency. The men she could see thanks to their cloaks were of common humanoid races - ones she knew wouldn't be able to hear her song in its entirety. Their ears wouldn't register the lowest of her vocalizations, but most of the Hertz were well in their hearing range.

Damsy opened her mouth only barely and almost immediately, a soft trill vibrated over her lips. She could hear herself; they couldn't yet. But then the ghost sound left an indentation, lilting rapidly into the humanoids' register with a dark melodic timbre. The siren song began to grip them as, one by one and throughout the crowd, they dropped what ever it was they were preparing to do before turning around rigidly. They each moved back through the crowd, trained on Damsy as she matched their speed and backed away. Back, back, towards the very end of the crowd. She wouldn't be speak, she suddenly realized, as long as she held their attention - and if there was one thing she really couldn't do, it was letting it go.

So she typed out a message for the Raven, eyes locked on her wrist comm but never not singing. <Back of crowd.> She wasn't sure how long she could keep up the lure. Her throat burned, begging for the lubrication of salt water. As she shouldered past the last few civilians, too enraptured by their protests to fixate on just what was happening, Damsy palmed the grip of her reholstered dartgun. If they did this right, the no one wouldn't notice.

Just a little further.

<Now.> Damsy stopped vocalizing the moment she hit 'send,' finally yanked up her weapon, and took her silenced shots. Four bodies fell, sound drown out by the rising commotion. And then, so did hers, to its knees, clutching at her chapped throat.

pMsBsep.jpg

Tag: Luna Terrik Luna Terrik John Locke John Locke Nyx N1X3 Nyx N1X3

Nothing I can't handle.

Tallara wouldn't be asking for help anytime soon. Surely some irradiated beast would be far too weakened to actually fighter her -- and even if it wasn't, she could probably still handle it. She was given this assignment; she'd see it through. If a task was too much for a member of the Knights Obsidian, no number of soldiers would solve the problem, no matter how well-trained they might claim to be. The Force was too great an advantage to be ignored.

At least, when only one side had it.

The Knight strode quickly past the forest's threshold. The treeline was sparse; she didn't feel like she was into the forest until she was actually into the forest. The rumbling footsteps of the creature continued to guide her, but her acute senses in the Force began to dim as she went further away from the facility. Was something clouding her mind? If that was the case, she'd need to act quickly and make sure it couldn't hurt anyone nearby. At least she could sense that the cleanup crews had cleared out of her vicinity.

If they saw the same beast she did, they'd probably have cleared out quicker.

It was some sort of crab-like, chitin-shelled creature the size of a starfighter. Massive protrusions resembling barnacles decorated its shell-like appendages. Being this close she recognized the stench of manure, mud, and the sea; if the sea were gross. A dozen beady black eyes opened and closed in unison, before fixing on the blue woman. Tallara drew her sword and stared down the beast. She could handle this... probably.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom