Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Starship Brabo Class Prototype Battlecruiser

Status
Not open for further replies.
star_wars_imperator_ii_star_destroyers_by_adamkop_dc5ulh4-pre.jpg

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION [red one]

PRODUCTION INFORMATION
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Heavy BattleCruiser
  • Length: 5000 meters
  • Width: 2600 meters
  • Height: 630 meters
  • Armament: Very High : 74 Quad Turbolaser Batteries, 150 Dual Turbolaser Batteries, 300 single Turbolaser placements , 60 Missile tubes [carrying up to 4 concussion or cluster projectiles each], 450 Quad Lasercanons Point Defense System, 2 Taurus Mk I Heavy Ion Pulse Cannons ,26 Heavy Ion Cannons, 10 heavy duty tractorbeams, Dual Interdiction field gravity wells
  • Defenses: Extreme : Dual Layered and secondary Shielding, Molecular shielding , Thermal shielding , Ion Shielding 2x R.I.A.R.
  • Hangar Space:
    5000 Meters: Moderate: 31

[*]Hangar Allocations:

[*]Maneuverability Rating: Very Low
[*]Speed Rating: (Choose from: Very Low
[*]Hyperdrive Class: Average: 2 with 10.0 back up
STANDARD FEATURES
Starship Sensor Package
Starship Ion Engines
Starship Hyperdrive
Starship Shield Generators
Thermal Shield Generators
Particle Shield Generator
Starship Repulsorlift Engines
Starship Maneuvering Thrusters
Starship Communications Package
Starship Life Support System
Starship Escape Pods x100
Starship Inertial Dampeners
Starship Medical Bay
Starship Barracks
Starship Hangars
Holonet transeiver
Encryption modules
Tractorbeam generator

ADVANCED SYSTEMS

Strengths:
  • Very High offensive potential due to the heavy ion canons, spread out point defense system and automated targeting systems.
  • Extreme defensive capacity due to the defensive array consisting out of double layered and secondary shielding, molecular and thermal shielding and use of carbonite and lamina steel for strengthening purposes, allowing for the ship to be both versatile and robust in its defense.
  • Highly automated vessel, needing far less crew than comparable ships, allowing for greater troop transport and for more accurate jumps and calculations.
Weaknesses:
  • Very low maneuvrability: Due to the heavy weight of both the heavy ion pulse canons and the R.I.A.R. this ship is not suited for speedy maneuvres.
  • Very Low Speed: Due to the heavy weight of both the heavy ion pulse canons and the R.I.A.R. this ship is not capable of exhilerating speeds and relies more on shockpower rather than agility.

Description:

To further enhance the line up of the Eriadu Manufacturing shipyards with the intent of remaining at the top of their game in comparison to internal and external competitors on the shipbuilding scene, Nargath Holdings has commisioned two different prototypes using the best materials and components that could be mustered and manufactured by its subsidiary in order to provide itself with enough research material and data to improve upon a viable succession line to the defunct Princeps Battlecruiser line up while also vying to gain the attention of high ranking officials of various large galactic factions to try and gain valuable contracts.

Runi Verin

Two pounds shy of a bomb.
[member="Credius Nargath"]

Credius Nargath said:
Affiliation: UNIQUE

Apologies, but this is not a valid affiliation. If you mean to sell this later, I recommend putting 'Closed Market'.

Credius Nargath said:
Hangar Space: 5000 Meters: Moderate: 13 Hangar Allocations: Starfighters: 10 Squadrons[ 8 squadrons Gala Fighter mk II, 2x squadron Peltast I class interceptor] Support Craft: 3 x Levasseur Class Corvette

I feel there's some confusion here.

For starters, you can't have a Hangar rating for a 5000m ship when your vessel isn't actually that size. I recommend increasing your vessel's size accordingly if you're attached to having this rating.

Secondly I'm not sure where you're drawing the number '13' from. A moderate rating at 5000m would actually be 31 squadrons, while a 4500m (which is the closest to your vessel's present size of 4800m) would actually be 27.

Thirdly, the minimum number of support craft has to reflect the base rating for the ship's size. This is 6 for 5000m or 5 for 4500m. I also think you're confused about what a support craft actually is in this instance. Support craft are customarily search and rescue vessels, transports and cargo freighters. Not combat vessels such as the corvettes you have listed.

Credius Nargath said:
Extreme defensive capacity due to the R.I.A.R.'s near limitless energy,
This half-sentence will need to be adjusted as well. Currently it implies that the shields are practically unassailable, and while at an extreme rating they are certainly powerful, this cannot be the case.

[member="Runi Verin"]

Allright let's do this:

1. yes, the unique in affiliation was a blurp on my side, changed that to closed market.

2. I used the spreadsheet and forgot to change it from two thousand to five thousand for the size of the ship, hence the 13 squadrons. Though you are wrong in saying 4500 is closer to 4800 than 5000 (basic math here), but to make things smoother, I've changed the overall size to 5000 to avoid confusion (not that there should've been any with some basic math, again...just me being a stickler, sorry.)

3. This however is a part of a sentence pulled completely out of context. It states NEAR limitless, but as you know by checking both the RIAR and the taurus canon subs, it powers everything and simply implies that it's energy generation is enough to actually be able to account for such a large defensive array (which should've been obvious if the part of the sentence had not been pulled out of context though.)

"Extreme defensive capacity due to the R.I.A.R.'s near limitless energy," this does not read like you seem to think, it is simply confirmation that it is thanks to the RIAR that this ship is even capable of having such an array. It does not stand for unassailability or any sort of immovable defense.

EDIT: do mind, I'm not trying to be rude or offensive, it is that I simply do not understand your reasoning for the third point.

Runi Verin

Two pounds shy of a bomb.
[member="Credius Nargath"]

Gonna give the benefit of the doubt and not read too much into the attitude implied by your response. I'll chalk it up to reading it in a much different tone than you initially intended. If this is not the case, please feel free to correct me.

Credius Nargath said:
2. I used the spreadsheet and forgot to change it from two thousand to five thousand for the size of the ship, hence the 13 squadrons. Though you are wrong in saying 4500 is closer to 4800 than 5000 (basic math here), but to make things smoother, I've changed the overall size to 5000 to avoid confusion (not that there should've been any with some basic math, again...just me being a stickler, sorry.)

Yes, you're correct that basic math puts those closer. However, the factory rounds size down to the closest rating for Hangars. At the previous size of 4800m, that would put the closest rating (as stated above) at 4500m. To qualify for a 5000m rating, you would have to be a minimum of 5000m.

Thank you for bumping up the size.

Credius Nargath said:
3. This however is a part of a sentence pulled completely out of context. It states NEAR limitless, but as you know by checking both the RIAR and the taurus canon subs, it powers everything and simply implies that it's energy generation is enough to actually be able to account for such a large defensive array (which should've been obvious if the part of the sentence had not been pulled out of context though.)

And while there is nuance in that previous sentence, it is still open to interpretation. My recommendation in this instance is not to hamstring your strength, but give it less of a chance to be taken as an absolute and minimize any possible misunderstandings should this be used in a PVP setting. Clarity is your friend.

Credius Nargath said:
Support Craft: 7 x Levasseur Class Corvette
This also still needs addressing as well. As stated in my above review, these corvettes do not qualify as support craft.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom