Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech I C E | The Talisman of Authority

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jorah zos Darnus

J
howlingfjord.png
GxBPshs.png

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
SPECIAL FEATURES
Strengths:
  • Able to comprehend many languages.
  • Force Battery. The polished Force crystals attune to the wearer's Force presence, providing a minor reserve of energy that may keep the wearer more focused or on task.
Weaknesses:
  • Addictive. The additional "boost" that comes with being in such close proximity to Force crystal triggers withdrawal-like symptoms when the cufflinks are removed. Frequency and duration of wear correlate to the strength of the withdrawal.
  • Force Connection Required. Force augmentation and the Spell of Interpretation only work in places where a connection to the Force is possible.
DESCRIPTION
Ice was the name used to describe a jewelry accessory that was created by Nightbrother Jorah zos Darnus. Taking the form of a pair of cufflinks, the accessory was intended to accompany a suit of male clothes -- an unusual feature for malelings in Dathomiri culture. The cufflinks featured a piece of polished Force crystal set in a clasp of chromium. The cufflinks were infused with the spirits of the Mandragora through Dathomiri magic, which bestowed upon the wearer the ability to comprehend a variety of languages.

The inclusion of Force crystal was controversial, as the augmentation effect that radiates from it was addictive to Force Sensitives. The reason for this is that Force crystal acted as a minor supplement to the Force Sensitive's presence in the Force, an effect which was describing as allowing the Force Sensitive greater focus or clarity when undertaking a task. This augmentation euphoria caused withdrawal-like symptoms when the cufflinks are removed. Frequency and duration of wear correlated directly to the strength of the withdrawal symptoms, though it was possible to overcome the addiction if one went "cold turkey" for a time. However, in that instance, returning to use afterward would only increase the addictive effect.

Runi Verin

Two pounds shy of a bomb.
[member="Jorah zos Darnus"]

This is a neat sub, but I think there's a fundamental misunderstanding around the properties of blue stone that is unfortunately tripping it up. This is more the fault of the wikia leaving out one or two details that are in the source material themselves. I only know from researching while judging previous submissions using this very same material.

Jorah zos Darnus said:
Stonepower. Imparts low level Force Sensitivity when worn by a Non-Force User. When worn by a Force Sensitive, their Force potential is augmented by the Blue Stone.

Jorah zos Darnus said:
The inclusion of blue stone was extremely controversial, as the stonepower that radiates from it is addictive to both Force Sensitives and Non-Force Users. The reason for this is that stonepower acts to naturally increase a person's Force potential. Non-Force Users who wear these cuffs become Force Sensitive to a minor degree, while Force Sensitives feel as though their power is magnified, as if by a Force Nexus.

Blue Stone actually only renders an individual (either force sensitive or not) with the ability to telekinetically manipulate blue stone by granting them 'stonepower' after spending time in close proximity, something that is ordinarily otherwise impossible through normally applications of the force. It doesn't actually boost force potential nor does it grant any kind of force sensitivity beyond the aforementioned ability.

Jorah zos Darnus

J
Runi Verin said:
Blue Stone actually only renders an individual (either force sensitive or not) with the ability to telekinetically manipulate blue stone by granting them 'stonepower' after spending time in close proximity, something that is ordinarily otherwise impossible through normally applications of the force. It doesn't actually boost force potential nor does it grant any kind of force sensitivity beyond the aforementioned ability.
Thank you for that clarification. I'm only familiar with the secondary source (Wookieepedia) and the wording of that article and its related articles led me to a different understanding. The risk one takes when citing something without knowledge of the actual source material, so my apologies for that.

In any event, I've substituted Force crystal in its place and adjusted the language to see if the overall theme of the sub can at all be salvaged.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom