Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Staff Passing The Torch

There comes a time when you're just ready to leave.

I expect there will be those of you who would, in normal circumstances, say "I understand", or "good for you for taking care of yourself", or whatever. Further still, those of you who'd like a replay of our accomplishments here, a rehash of the good times, maybe a black and white movie of the many times we pressed the Button together, or our early days in struggling with Invasions, or of all the times I'd jokingly shout #tyrannyreigns until it became a term of endearment. Maybe a screenshot or two of the Skype chatter while my Yoda character whispered "I want to go home" in his last dying breath to a random Padawan who's roleplaying experience here was forever changed.

I thought I'd be pretty happy about stepping down too.

I kind of am. I have a wonderful, well respected and learned Admin who's stepping up to take the reigns, Valiens Nantaris Valiens Nantaris . He's more than capable, we already know that. I've also got an amazing Staff team right now, who I'm sure will take care of Val. And I've honestly wanted this for a while, to free up my time, to explore new projects, to go chase that lightning again. No, I'm just not happy because these last few months, I've been constantly reminded by a minority of you all that a year ago, I screwed up. I can't pretend to offer leadership while some of the disenfranchised - or even my own colleagues at the Admin table - understand that when we needed it most, I failed to provide it.

Dealing with these mistakes is pretty much part of the gig, but the racism behind this particular one - and my poor handling of it - has weighed on me. I know we don't really reveal how decisions are made behind the curtain, and I know some of you might like to think that I'm incapable of dropping the ball - but for this particular one, it was all me. Sure, I could let the guy's name go, drop the logs, start a riot. But I think I've done enough damage, over this past year, with my silence. I've always been bad... or depending how you look at it, good... at that. I just think we need to do better than that this time.

And that's how it goes. It's not fair, you get angry, you make mistakes. Man, I've made a lot - more than most of you, I'd wager, and on a scale you couldn't quite understand until you took this stage. For the next generation of leaders in our community listening now... there's no trick, no Illuminati. You make friends, you listen to them, you do your best. You learn, you live. We've been through, and seen through, a lot over the past seven years. We've fought, we've laughed. We fought some more.

This isn't goodbye forever. I'll still be on in some capacity as purely a technical administrator, taking care of the server. A Hagrid of Chaos, if you ever need one. If you ever need a helping hand, an ear to listen, or advice from yet another washed up has-been - swing on by, I'm sure I'll have plenty of time.

It's been an honor, Chaos. Cue up the over the top dramatic music to play me out.

Last edited:

Runi Verin

Two pounds shy of a bomb.
I've already said my piece in Staff Chat, so I'll leave off on the full rehash.

Thank you for all the sacrifices you've made over the years for the community and the site as a whole. This place might be far from perfect, even downright messed up at times, but there's no where else quite like it. I've made some solid, irreplaceable connections here and I owe it all to you.

You have my full on respect.

Tefka Tefka ,

From the bottom of my heart, I would like to thank you for everything. Back when I joined the site nearly five years ago, Chaos was my first ever experience with online roleplaying. I had just finished my second binge of all the Star Wars movies and was hyped for The Force Awakens, and I wanted somewhere where I could express that excitement.

When I looked up "star wars roleplay", Chaos was the second search result. I forget why I skipped over the first site all those years ago, but I never regretted it. Since then, I've spent thousands of hours on this site with over a dozen. As I learned the ins and outs of the site, I was able to improve greatly as a writer. It's helped me out in real life as well, as my ELA grades have increased by a considerable margin since joining the site.

This creation of yours has truly been a great benefit to the life of me and thousands of others, and you will always have my sincere gratitude. You definetely deserve a break for all your hard work, and I am sure that Valiens will be just as effective as a leader as yourself. This has been a rough year, so stay safe and do what makes you happy.

Tefka Tefka

I'm one of the ignorant ones when it comes to these apparent mistakes, I know nothing of them and I've seen nothing but you put everything you have into this place. I have been vocal in the past where some suggestions or discussions have been had, but I've also got a great deal of respect for you and all you've done for this community. Kiss arsery aside, we wouldn't be here or have this wonderful site and community without you. No one's going to forget that, and whatever regrets you might have will always be overshadowed by the achievements you've accomplished here.

Enjoy a needed break, and know that you've earned it well.

Niamh Raste

N
I don't know what the mistake was and I don't particularly care. I've known you since I knew you as Artemis and you decided not to use my awesome Horde banners (me sad). We've had our differences, mostly because I was an idiot, but you've always been pretty chill.

Seems to me you need to take a break, Tefka Tefka . If this place has become your whole life then it's time to step down, as you said, and I wish you the best in whatever it is you decide to do.

tumblr_mv9tljCqdS1s2mdcho1_500.gif

Tefka Tefka

Last edited:
We all know I've made terrible decisions here on Chaos, that I've acted as immature as one can be. Honestly, reading this makes me realize how much I've disappointed you, and it hurts me a lot to come to that conclusion. I dont know why, I guess maybe I felt like you had high expectations for me at one point, and I just dumped it in the gutter. Or maybe I just really like, and what you've created here and I know I disrespected that.

Either way, I know now that I can say with the utmost honesty, you're the best, and while I know not what happened, I know you are a decent enough person. Thank you for this place, thank you for all the chances you've given me, thank you for being you.

Thank you for giving me the most fun I have ever had with Star Wars, and a community to enjoy it with.

Tefka Tefka I wish you all the best to where the lightning takes you, I hope you are happy on new adventures, and the fact you realise your mistakes i'd say you are still learning. It is a thing we have to do every day. I am sure 3/4 years ago you looked at me with that damn croa sub and went what the actual fuck??? but I respect you as a leader, you took the chance to listen to me a few years ago when I got so angry that I vented and got banned for what I had said. It would have been a full perm ban if not for you taking the time to listen to me. So I know you have compassion and a deep love for what you have build.

I mean come on man look at this community. It is thanks to you.

I N C A P A C I T A T E D
Tefka Tefka

I never knew you to have "messed up". No, you did an amazing job creating the most popular SWRP Site in history. As many of my fellow chaoticans will say, you will be deeply missed as owner. Stat safe, and we'll catch you on the flip flop eh?

Valiens Nantaris Valiens Nantaris You know what must be done, My lord.

People aren't infallible, people make mistakes. It's a shame whatever this one was had to follow and linger with you, I know I've said a lot of stuff I regret that I wish I could take back, so I feel your pain on this one. I really, really do.

But yeah, sometimes...it's just time. Everyone has their shelf life with anything, sometimes it just doesn't feel right to stick around anymore and that it'll be better to move on to something else. No one can blame you for that.

In the end, you facilitated a hell of a site and a community. You've left a legacy that'll stick around for a long time.

Thanks for all the work you've put in over the years. No doubt whatever your next projects are will be just as successful.

Tefka Tefka

You've created something amazing here, something truly special. I don't think I've ever seen anything like it, anywhere and you've put your heart, your hard-earned money and your soul into it and no one can deny that. I wish you good luck in your travels and maybe we'll see you write with us more often, now that you're free of some of those admin responsibilities.

No leader makes the right decision every time. The follow through and resolutions are what define them, not the mistakes. In that capacity, whether or not the results are apparent to everyone, Chaos is still kicking. In the eyes of everyone who's been watching, that's what we see more than anything.

Thank you for your time, and for making Chaos a place where we can all write and enjoy ourselves, Tefka Tefka

Don't know what happened either. But I was on another site where the theme through and through there screamed and attracted Cyber-Bully, nobody was safe. I am here because thankfully I never saw that here. I learned one thing being online, no matter what you write, unless you actually read it to someone else, it can always get twisted. Once it happens and someone else shuts down, there is little you can do to correct it. Forgive yourself. Maturity doesn't come with age, but experience; guaranteed we have all tasted our own foot.

Thank you for all the help you have provided me when the little light-show on the screen just wouldn't work for me. Thank you for all the awesomeness you instilled into the site...which I personally believe creates a role-play addict in the first place!

Hope you stay on to enjoy the flip side of the community. Remember me if you do! <3

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom