Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pad-a-wans. Boil 'em, mash 'em, stick 'em in a- what?

A blur of dark blue light swirled around the top of an obstacle. At random intervals, bolts of piercing red light shot directly into the blur only to be redirected back - often in the same direction from which it had originated. In another instant, the blur ceased revealing only a solitary beam of dark blue in the darkness of the room. Features could barely be distinguished from the natural glow of Marcello's lightsaber, but it was evident that the wielder was large and...maybe in need of a haircut.

Not going to happen.

Instinctively, the Jedi Master reacted to his warning senses alerting him to yet another impending threat down near ground level. Bounding across two more large obstacles, Marcello vaulted himself into the air as white tendrils of energy erupted from the fingertips of his free hand in the direction of two droids on the ground. The energy quickly encased the training droids before they were completely deactivated. By that point, Marcello was already falling rapidly towards the ground, managing to land balanced with both knees bent.

As another series of blaster shots ripped across the darkness in his direction, the lighting suddenly switched to full intensity. The effect on his eyesight was immediate, but Marcello was already relying on the Force to be his guide. Gritting his teeth slightly from the pain of the flourescent lights, the Jedi Master charged forward as he redirected the bolts back to their source. With one final leap over a smaller obstacle, Marcello landed near the control panel and all but destroyed the deactivation button with his hand. "Oops..." Oh well. That could be fixed.

As the lighting returned to normal and all training opponents deactivated, the Jedi Master deactived his lightsaber and clipped the hilt back to his belt. Standing tall, he briefly placed both his hands behind his head as he caught his breath. Sweat was plainly visible on his shirt, arms, and face. Long strands of blonde hair had become matted to his body. While his heartbeat stabilized, Marcello allowed his focus to shift from the battle he'd just engrossed himself in for probably no more than thirty minutes. The presence of one particular individual in the Temple became all too apparent to him at that time.

However, it wasn't exactly uncommon for [member="Kiskla Grayson"] to be around when Padawans were preparing to be dished out to new masters. Emotional needs later...first he wanted food. Like. A lot of it.

With Hal's concession to the terms, Avalore gave a wary glance back at the group before giving Hal a nod, "Just two."

She turned, then, beyond fully distracted by the overwhelming number of needy eyes gawping at her to even notice the arrival of the Grandmaster in the hall beyond the training chamber. The Healer stared at the group in silence, lip twitching somewhat. They'd settled on two, but it would have been so much easier to just ... take the lot. Having to deal with the disappointment of all those not chosen was going to break the Healer.

Her frown deepened. Her palms were now clammy.

"Would you....like me to put them through their training exercises to help you decide?" the Archivist approached her quietly.

Avalore breathed deeply and felt her jaw tighten. Her teeth hurt.

"No," she replied finally, and turned to speak briefly with the Archivist. After a look of uncertainty from the man, he quickly departed.

Avalore turned back to the group, her eyes once more pausing on [member="Darius Olar"], "I want you to know that if I had the option and the ability, every single one of you would come with us. But these are days of hard and painful truths, and today's truth is that I don't. Today we will be selecting just two of you to join us on Cato, but we will not be selecting you based on your skill level or your experience. You've all come from different homes and backgrounds. You've all selected different areas to train in. It would be unfair of us to only take those we deem the most worthy - you're all worthy of the same shot. So, you will be selected through virtue of sheer dumb luck."

There was some confusion present. Avalore expected this.

The Archivist returned with an ornamental clay pot in his arms and Avalore uttered her surprise at how quickly the man worked. He grinned and held out the pot.

"Each one of your names is written on a small piece of parchment and two will be chosen at random," she explained and reached into the pot. Avalore stirred the contents before pulling a piece from within and turned it over to read. Ziva Shey. Brown eyes flickered across the group, wondering just what face within the crowd belonged to that name. How old they were. What happened to their Master that they no longer had one. How they came to live on Ossus. What trauma had arrived on their doorstep to bring them here? Was Ziva Shey rescued from Coruscant? Alderaan? Teta?

Avalore's stomach fell into a knot as she realized she didn't want to know.

"Darius Olar," she called finally, folding the parchment up in her hand and pushing it into a pocket of her robes, "please step forward."

No one ever had to know that luck had nothing to do with Darius Olar's future today. Avalore moved aside to allow [member="Hal Terrano"] his chance to pick.

Ossus, a beautiful planet no doubt. Nor was it an uncommon place for one such as Jaryn, he remembered when himself and some other scholars within the Order had ventured to the planet, it was a wondrous placed filled with knowledge that excited the man Jaryn used to be. Now however, there was no such wonder and light in his eye. He was a refined swordsmen and was aware of how to use his weapons and abilities to kill, he was so focused on such things to remember he had to get back to the Jedi, nobody knew his name. He was a blank young face among the order, however now he was coming back.

Ossus was the closest planet to him when he had set his mind to it, and had finally arrived. The guilt, was simply overwhelming; he felt like he was about to keel over and beg for mercy at their feet. Though his cries wouldn't heard, they were never heard. He couldn't communicate like most, he only had his abilities and body to express himself to others. He was using the latter quite frequently lately, however today he wasn't seeking conflict. But rather, he was seeking a home and society he had abandoned long ago.

His strides felt heavy, like his own people had stripped him of everything that told him he was still a good person and chained the rotted flesh and corpses of his fallen Jedi to him, he carried their weight like a heavy burden every waking moment of his existence. That's why he didn't sleep much, he was never free of those chains and never would be.

However, he hoped we would find what he had sought out the Jedi for. Some form of solace or therapeutic comfort that not all of them had turned to ash, he didn't even know what he was about to find.

Was he about to come upon merely shadows of the eternal dead or was their living, breathing Jedi deep within the heart of Ossus that he was simply blind too. His deep sage cloak scraped along the pathway to the closed temple doors, he could hear something crying out as he reached the main entrance but he paid no heed to it, it was merely the whispers of the wind on his back.

His blood burnt warm as he placed his hand on the door frame, his fingers sliding across a spot in which a shard of the door frame had been chipped away. He could feel it all now, the deep fires of war that burned his conscious into a malformed creature of guilt, he could feel all his fallen brethren as his hand slipped from the missing shard. Even now, he couldn't look at it. Even now, he fled. He truly was a coward, he felt his legs grow weak and his muscles tense as he slowly began to slide down to the floor, they were gone. All gone, he would be forever held down by the weight of the dead.

But, before he could fall, before he could allow himself to fall. A hand, a green hand gently grasped his shoulder and held him in place and then everything flashed brightly and the door frame was perfectly put together now, the only shard that was missing was his recognition of the living as he had focused too much on the dead. He turned, facing a young twi'lek male Knight. "Please, stop and answer my questions. I can't allow you to just walk in you see." As gentle as the Knight had been with him, Jaryn brushed him aside and pulled back his cloak gently. Revealing the two sabers at either side of his belt. -It's okay, I'm one of you. A former jedi, I've come home. Excuse the telepathic intrusion, I'am speech-impaired...May I pass?- Telepathically, you couldn't tell if one was lying or not, especially with a master such as Jaryn. But, he wasn't lying. The Knight didn't respond, likely delving into his own thoughts before simply nodding. -Thank you- And with that, the Knight slowly retraced his steps back to his post and Jaryn entered the temple.

A great weight had been lifted of his shoulder, he knew the Jedi still lived on. He didn't know who or in what state, he didn't care. At the very least. They were alive. He wasn't alone.

[member="Avalore Eden"]
[member="Marcello Matteo"]
[member="Kiskla Grayson"]
[member="Hal Terrano"]
[member="Darius Olar"]

Johnny just stood there, wide eyed and full of wonder. All his mind could focus on where three words; Be, My, and Padawan. In that moment, everything around him seemed to melt away. For a few brief, fleeting moments, all he could see was that familiar pale blue and violet coloration of Force Sight, yet as was the norm for him, the people around him began to melt away as his surroundings morphed slowly into something almost alien to him. He saw his own form step away from him, and it and Kiskla were standing there, lightsabers igniting. At first, it looked as if they were going to duel, but then, as sabers crackled and hissed, they would pause as Kiskla would speak. It was a vision of training, from what he could see. More images followed, of Johnny growing more powerful within the FOrce, and Kiskla there near him every step of the way. The FOrce was a powerful and mysterious ally indeed, showing him the things yet to come to pass. It showed him the path it wanted him to take, but to Johnny, it was like some sort of daydream. At least 20 seconds passed before his eyes snapped open, irises returning to normal and the color returning to them.

He could only think of one thing, one singular reply.

"Teach me the ways of the Force, Master. I would be honored to be called your apprentice."

And with that, he bowed his head in respect to Kiskla. Not just for the fact that she was the Leader of their order, no. Because with all she had, all her responsibility, in all her wisdom, the Force led her to him, and she willingly accepted that. Who was he to go against the wishes of the Force? This was most likely the most mature thing Johnny had ever done.

[member="Kiskla Grayson"] | [member="Avalore Eden"]

His scowl was not hidden. Great displeasure painted across his face like the most sullen portrait known to the Galaxy. Of course, Hal was not going to enjoy these proceedings, to have to pick only two out of so many was going to sting with more than just an edge of bitterness.

Putting them through training exercises might have helped, he could have opted for that so at least the Padawan he chose would be the one in the most need of training but still...

...it didn't feel right.

Avalore dealt with the grim task of informing the Padwans that only two would be chosen, likely for the best, Hal's delivery would have been so unintentionally blunt that it probably would have crushed a few more spirits. Healers could generally deal with empathy, frogs, on the other hand, could not. However, he at least opted to try and look every single one in the eye as they were informed that most of them would remain without a Master. One must always remember to emotionally self-flagellate.

His turn came for the pot, the big reveal...

...Darius Olar...?

Knight Terrano would have frowned, but he was already frowning so there was little effect to be had. He cocked his head over in Avalore's direction, lack of eyebrows furrowing. That was the name that she had said. Then how did he pull it out of the pot? Did the Archivist make a mistake? Or did Avalore...lie?! Crumpling the parchment in his fist, he shoved the hand into his robe pocket.

He couldn't just make up a name, he didn't know any of them. Couldn't say Darius again, that would just be baffling. No way he could pick another name, that would just look cruel.

“I will pick up my chosen Padawan when we are due to depart,” he mumbled, half making it up on the spot before skulking away to the corner of the room, likely for brooding purposes.

[member="Avalore Eden"], [member="Darius Olar"], [member="Kiskla Grayson"]

Kiskla wasn’t really one to fantasize about the whims of the Force. She was more of a see-it-and-believe-it kind of girl. The happenings of Johnny’s semi-lucid mind weren’t disclosed to her, but he did have a far-off look about him.

She sincerely hoped he wasn’t fantasizing too deeply.

“Good.” She said simply and curtly, initiating master mode. Take a lot, give a little. Make ‘em sweat.

“We can begin your training officially tomorrow at 0600— I see you’re already prepared to leave. That will be necessary, I’m not in a position to give nor receive plenty of notice for mobility.

For the rest of the day, I’d like you to think about your strengths and weaknesses, and come prepared with honest answers tomorrow morning to the Clarity Gate. And any questions you might have for me.

For now, I’ve got to check-in with Knight Eden; hopefully she’s as communicative about being overwhelmed as you were for her."

A hand lifted to prevent any objections “-Don’t worry, I shan’t say anything.”

With that, she took a step beyond [member="Johnny Diamonds"] and toward the conversing duo of [member="Hal Terrano"] and [member="Avalore Eden"].

“Due to depart?” Kiskla repeated, picking up on the tail-end of the blonde Knight’s commentary. He wasn’t outstandingly familiar to her — perhaps due to his inverted presentation. Either way, it was a good-enough segway into an introduction. “Back to Cato?”

Avalore blinked after Hal and with a tight, sober expression quietly dismissed the remaining unclaimed Padawans. Short words promising more open spots the moment Cato took in a few more Knights were all she could offer to them as they bowed and slowly began to filter out. With a sigh, the Healer frowned, glanced momentarily at her new Padawan before turning back to Hal and his corner.

"Hal? You didn't call out the name," brow furrowed, she pressed after his retreating form. Now they were going to have to go find whatever Padawan it was he chose. Didn't occur to her that a simple intercom announcement would do, but these aren't things you think about unless you happen to be a person with the authority over the intercom.

"Was it some weird name that's hard to pronounce? I swear, I can't say half of them, you don't have to be embarassed, I'm sure people get it wrong all the time if it's that bad-"

"Due to depart?"

Avalore Eden froze. She didn't know that voice, but for some reason it made all the little hairs on her arms stand on end.

"Back to Cato?"

Wide, stricken brown eyes slowly fell back upon the Grandmaster who now stood behind her, "Uh..." words, words, what happened to all my words? "No..." slowly, sloooowly, "...not...just yet," she blinked and immediately felt her mouth go dry, "Grandmaster."

[member="Hal Terrano"] [member="Kiskla Grayson"]

Johnny kept silent as Kiskla began to speak. Johnny was many things; technopath, slicer, tech-expert, lightsaber savant, dancer, inventor... but if there was one thing Johnny was not, one thing that could be said was something that eluded him beyond all other things, it was stupid. He let the Grandmaster speak her peace, nodding when appropriate, staying attentive and still. As she finished, he spoke quietly, humbly to her.

"Yes, Master. As you wish. 0600, Clarity Gate. And, thank you, Master."

Johnny was not gonna muck this up. Not many people in the entire history of the Jedi Order ever got taken as apprentice to the Grandmaster, even fewer stayed as such. He was going to excel, he was going to learn. Every little thing Kiskla could impart to him, he would absorb like a seriously dry sponge. He was NOT going to kark this up, he would be her apprentice as long as the Force allowed it.

Johnny followed her as she made her way toward Ava and Hal, knowing full well a proper apprentice did not leave their Master's side unless specifically told to do so. He was in fact seriously grateful that Master Kiskla did not betray her word, and said nothing as of yet about what he told her. Load off his mind, for sure! For now, he just sheepishly smiled at Ava and Hal, waving ever so slightly.

[member="Kiskla Grayson"] | [member="Avalore Eden"] | [member="Hal Terrano"] | [member="Darius Olar"]

As Avalore hounded him about the mystery of the unsaid name Hal rather aggressively waggled the flesh of his brow at her, waiting for an opportunity to interject and possibly suggest that she was in possession of some fiery pants, which is to say that she was a great big liar.

The fact that she had presumably snubbed one Padawan in favour of another didn't actually bother him all too much, it wouldn't keep Hal awake at night but it did leave him mildly perturbed.

Of course before he could tell her such they were interrupted. By the Grandmaster of all people. Who apparently was capable of reducing [member="Avalore Eden"] to a puddle of vowel-uttering uncertainty. Hal shot the healer a mildly quizzical glance before offering Kiskla a curt bow of the head. He at least managed to keep a shade of formal composure.

“No, not immediately, Grandmaster,” he said, following up the incredibly eloquent Avalore, “perhaps this evening, however.”

The Knight paused, taking a moment to let his icy stare travel across to the waving [member="Johnny Diamonds"]. He wasn't usually a type that Hal would have associated with, but his presence and part played in the Great Escape changed that, and thus he granted the young man a small nod.

“Unless we can be of further assistance here,” Terrano added in his familiar monotone, gaze shifting back to [member="Kiskla Grayson"].

| [member="Marakai Al'Orren"] |​
Her explanation of where she was to go found acceptance with him, an acceptance that went further when she laid out the open invitation for him to visit when he pleased, when it suited him. Of course, the respect for what little privacy there was between them still stood, and he would try to be sure that he wouldn't be walking in on anything that he shouldn't walk in on. They may have been closer to each other than either of them had been to anyone, but they had never... shared between them anyone that had shared either bed, and that line was kept uncrossed. Even between felines there were limits.

When the chip dropped into his hand, it seemed somehow final, and it caused him to cease toying with the water's edge and stand upright, to watch her, to receive as he knew she would come around. He understood more than words could say what was ultimately left unsaid, and as she came to stand before him, all he could do is let his lips curl softly upward as he looked down at her, placed one large hand on the top of her head, and let it smooth down the mane of her hair as she stepped into him, and wrapped arms about him, his hand moving to bring the arm about her shoulders, chin resting where his hand had once been. For a moment, he bent his head, and pressed his lips and nose to her her hair, before bringing his other arm about to wrap around her, and squeeze her tight, a sigh escaping him.

"And the same to you, dearrr Marrrakai."

And it was always his silent prayer, that this... this would never change, but for the separation of death itself.

"Rrrememberr that you'rrre always loved, wherrreverrr you go."

Unconditionally.

It was at this point that Jaryn came on the scene, stumbling through the halls of the temple as his memories of a time long past stalked him like hunters for deer. He could feel their sights on his back, blame piercing his skin and leaving a gaping hole of guilt where his faith in the force used to be. He felt entirely lost, however these were not his greatests concerns.

That indeed was his curiosity, he limped gingerly as he wondered who had survived. Had the grandmaster of the order perished in the fires of war? Had all those hopeful students been corrupted and sent to fight their enemies war? So many questions. However, everything froze as he began to hear voices and muffled movements ahead. His right hand called its saber to it and he backed himself up against a wall for cover, like he was in the middle of a warzone.

"In the heat of battle on coruscant, the Jedi Knight Jaryn Rhane fights for not only his life. But the life of someone he brought up in the Order, a child of no older than 8 years with so much more potential as a Jedi that Jaryn could ever possibly muster, he never believed himself to be a fighter...

"Oomf..!" He cried as yet another blaster bolt escaped his little knowledge of shien and cut through his robes and boiled against his skin, he had never felt the burning of blaster fire on his skin before, he had never felt the adrenaline pumping through his veins like he did now, he had never killed before. This poor unsuspecting sith trooper made him feel alive.

Jaryn told himself, -He made me do it, I had no other choice- Jaryn could lie to those around him all he liked, but he couldn't lie to himself. Killing, he enjoyed it. He made the youngling close his eyes, so that he might not see Jaryn butcher the man with the force. Closing his lungs and allowing his to choke to death, the Jedi could only begin to imagine how that felt, he didn't want to but he forced himself to look at it. But, before he could escape with this youngling he considered family, a brutish sith warrior fully masked in violet and black armour with a single dull purple blade leaped down upon him. A squad of sith troopers entail. Jaryn was immediately overwhelmed, pushed back and tossed around like a pathetic novice. The only thing that allowed him to keep moving was his force enhanced abilities, only barely capable of fending of such a foe. But, terror filled his eyes as the youngling foolishly tried to fend off the squad of troopers, no matter how hard Jaryn tried to push back the Sith warrior to defend the only person who he could truly call a friend, it simply wasn't enough. The fire raged on inside Jaryn was he pulled down a pillar on top of the unsuspecting warrior and attempted to run, but was gunned down and restrained by the surviving warrior. He failed, war raged all around him and he failed."

Snap, back to reality. So much had changed since then, the Jaryn that existed now could have put down that Sith Warrior with his eyes closed. He was ashamed of himself, even when he tried to run he failed. But now, he was a killer. Jaryn had added so many bodies to his burden he could barely carry the weight of it all any longer. He hoped, he could find solace among these Jedi. Hope, aside from his new set of skills. That was all he truly had to hold on to anymore. He wasn't fond of friends, but now what he needed now more than ever was a shoulder to cry on. He felt vulnerable, and when people felt vulnerable. They were dangerous.

Jaryn looked himself over, his tattered garbs were worn out and plastered with blaster scarring and even a couple of saber strokes across his legs and upper torso. However, he had regularly had the armour cleaned. Therefore there were thankfully been no blood stains, not to say that the lack of the visual stains changed anything; his hands were drenched in blood. His hands, in those hands he clenched his saber. A tool he had abused to take peoples lives for months without end. What was he doing? Was he going to kill them to? Would that satisfy his lust for revenge from the sith? So many questions!

Questions, he didn't have answers to. Hopefully, these jedi could help him discover said answers. That was all he could honestly hope for, he didn't expect solace from his misdeeds. As it has been said he could lie to anyone, but himself.

With these thoughts passing Jaryn by, he placed his saber back into its holster and took a few slow breaths and began to slowly walk into the large room in which it seemed everything was going on. He stopped in his tracks seeing three Jedi standing in a small circle, two of which were women and the third was a man. -Hey, at least the ratio will be balanced. Right?- He asked himself internally, but this offered him no comfort. He felt like he was standing before the court and these passing jedi novices that seemed to be in masses would be his jury. He looked among them, almost hoping to find his fallen friend among them. But, he knew he was merely seeking for the impossible. Jaryn had watched the boy die. Standing a few feet away from the three Jedi, he decided it would be best to say something before he walked into their little group.

-Anyone here know how to use telepathy?- He inquired, sending a telepathic wave in their general direction. He was certian they picked it up, he was speech-impaired after all. But, he decided to politely wave as soon as heads turned. He was hiding under his helmet, and considering he could be probed with questions. That was most likely a blessing.

[member="Hal Terrano"]
[member="Avalore Eden"]
[member="Kiskla Grayson"]

Kiskla fought the urge to furrow her brows at the strange demonstration executed by the Jedi Knight. Maybe being captured by the Sith did something to her mind? A snip here, a snip there, and the recollective abilities wholly deteriorated.

A year ago, she’d have called Knight Eden out about that, but recently she’d had to develop her more mature side, and was forced to forgo the nastier side of herself.

So, she mostly ignored the stumbling by Knight Eden — the girl was likely keenly aware of her situation. A transition was due for The Grandmaster, who was already known by title to the both of them — both of them. The one wasn’t even familiar by name nor face.

She returned the curt nods in kind.

“I don’t think we’ve officially met — though I’ve heard of you, Knight Eden. Coruscant was a remarkable venture for you and Teta.”
Coruscant she felt mildly responsible for — she had been in combat with Darth Vornskr when Darron Wraith interrupted. Likely with good intentions, as he often did — except he brought the temple down. “I’m glad you’re back, and safely. I’d like to know about what happened after Empress Teta. The reports were vague —“ light eyes shifted now to Terrano, who she also didn’t know.

“I’ll try not to delay the process too much, but if you’re both to be training Padawans, I should technically check-in with both of you.” Considering the implications of what she had said, the girl offered a light smile to ease the situation. Both seemed largely uncomfortable, and she preferred to be disarming rather than alarming.

She would have continued, but didn’t really have anything further to say until either of them replied. In the momentary gap, which could have been filled with a response, vowels and consonants gathered in her mind’s ear. Normally, she was more guarded with her mental states; but when surrounded by those who were eternally seeking to learn, she was a little more relaxed. Enough to receive a broadcasted telepathic attempt ([member="Jaryn Rhane"]). Instead of replying immediately, the teacher in her quickly adopt the opportunity for a pedagogical method. Gaze remained on the subjects of her conversation, but she reached out to [member="Johnny Diamonds"]’ personal aura for a direct message.

If you heard that, let him know. Based on the blonde boy’s response, she could assess the talents for tomorrow’s inaugural training.

[member="Jaryn Rhane"] | [member="Hal Terrano"] | [member="Avalore Eden"]​

If you heard that, let him know...

The Grandmaster's voice filled his thoughts with a clarity unlike any other. It was forceful, but still compassionate to a degree. He looked toward Kiskla as she continued to speak aloud to Hal and Avalore, and replied in a similar fashion. As you wish, Master.

Turning toward Jaryn Rhane, he smiled and returned the wave, walking up to him. He tipped and imaginary hat, and then offered a hand to the large, armor-clad one. His voice touched Jaryn's mind, and Johnny focused to that it would be clear and concise.

Johnny Diamonds, nice to meet ya. Transmissions coming in loud and clear.

The young, blonde haired padawan then winked before laughing a bit. You ok? You seemed a bit...out there, before.

[member="Kiskla Grayson"] | [member="Jaryn Rhane"]

Jaryn turned to face this Johnny Diamonds, and the took his hand and shook it. The young man had a impressive grip, that led Jaryn to thinking it was possible he was more skilled the average padawan, he could feel it lingering in him. Raw, power. -Ah, hello. You know you don't need to reply through telepathy, as long as people can hear me we're good-

The ex-master silently took in his surroundings, he could hear telepathy like mental traffic flying about, he could tv always make it out but he knew when it was there and sometimes traffic was a pain in the ass. -Well, it's just been such a long time since I've been around other Jedi, people for that matter. I simply found myself at a loss as to what to do with myself when I arrived-
He let off a half smile, but it was not worth much hidden behind his helmet. He removed his helmet to reveal his dashing you face. (Ladies, that can be found in my bio) and show the sincerity in his eyes to [member="Johnny Diamonds"].

- [member="Avalore Eden"] -​
There wasn't much else to say. Once assurances had been given and goodbyes had been said, he'd stood alone at the water, watching Marakai's retreating form. When she was out of sight, he stared at the chip in his hand for several minutes, brushing a thumb over the surface, and turning it over in his hand in a closer examination before pocketing it and making his own way out of the jungle to head back towards the temple. Unlike when he entered the jungle in search of his cousin, Peradun did not change form on the way back out, easily finding his way back to the exact point at which he entered, to discover the blossom left was still there. Once more he bent to pick it up, looking at it again, before casting his citric gaze to the tall temple structure and its many steps.

After a few minutes' contemplation, he moved back towards the temple, and climbed the steps slowly, playing over each memory of his ascent and descent of them until he reached the top, and was faced with the entrance. He turned, and looked back out over the jungle, not sighing, but simply... knowing somehow that once he reentered the temple, one door closed, and others would open, and considering that, perhaps, there might be a day when these jungles would be nothing better than a distant memory.

Not that it was something he wanted.

One last look out over the expanse, and the Felacatian padawan turned his back on it, and went within to wait in his quarters for the one person at all close to him in this life, who still had at least some approximation of faith, or reason, to remain as he did, and to await whatever might come next, his mind and mood laden with a great deal of introspective and prospective thought.

Food...is amazing.

The simple thought explained why it hadn't taken the large Jedi Master more than, perhaps, a handful of minutes to consume two sandwiches and two bottles of water. Once he'd finished eating, Marcello had elected to clean himself up at least...somewhat. Walking through the corridors once more, his long blonde hair was still...well...damp? In the very least it wasn't still a matted mess, and he didn't smell like he'd just rolled around in bantha poodoo.

Munching on a piece of fruit that he'd liberated from the cafeteria, Marcello traversed the corridors almost completely oblivious to the fact important things were happening all around him. It wasn't very long before the Jedi Guardian happened upon a number of younglings making their way back to their quarters, looking a bit dejected. For the most part, they perked when they saw him and immediately greeted him. The encounter caught Marcello off guard...he was used to not really being known amongst the Order. However, he supposed it made sense that students were kept...very much abreast of the Order's current membership. Efficient...he'd only just returned not long ago.

"Master Matteo. Welcome back!"

Marcello smiled thinly. "I... Thanks kid. Where are you all headed?"

"Back to training, Master. We weren't selected to apprentice with any."

Marcello's smile wavered as he took a knee to bring him more in line with their eye level. "You know...you all know more now than I knew about the Force in my early twenties. I had a completely different life before I knew of my own force sensitivity. War ravages our numbers and sweeps across the stars. These are perilously tough times." Arching an eyebrow, Marcello smirked at the younglings. "Nevertheless...your time will come. Be patient. Hone your studies and truly discover yourself in safety while you can." Motioning back down the corridor, Marcello concluded his comments. "The galaxy is ugly out there. We're gonna need all of you to have the wisdom and strength to prevent what we're currently going through from happening again in the future. Think you can do that?"

There was a brief silence as they all looked to the oldest of the group. "We'll do our best, Master."

Marcello stood and smiled down at them. "Good. Tell you what though... Since I have some time and I know studying is boring, how about you all come with me. I'd be happy to teach you all a thing or two today."

Exclamations of assent rippled throughout the group.

"Alright then. How about you all come follow me?" Resuming a slightly slower pace, Marcello began to make his way towards one of the training rooms closer to where everyone else was at. As he walked, Marcello consumed the rest of his fruit before depositing the remains in a trash bin. Stepping into a medium-sized training room, Marcello paired them off based on stated comfort with a lightsaber and supervised a guided mass-training session. The long-haired Jedi could not help but smile as he watched and coached the younglings through a series of exercises.

[member="Avalore Eden"] | [member="Kiskla Grayson"] | [member="Meeristali Peradun"]

Avalore remained stoicly silent as the Grandmaster explained herself, trying not to let the growing discomfort at the woman's flippant - well, it wasn't actually flippant so much as simply naked, bold, and completely out there - mention of Corsucant and Teta. Apparently the Grandmaster lacked for ... was it delicacy or tact in this situation? The reality of the matter was Avalore had already given a full report upon her rescue by Master [member="Marcello Matteo"] and she did not intend on giving another full report on her experiences ever again.
That was getting a bit carried away, but we're living in the moment and this moment was getting personal, fast.

Exit, stage left!

The Healer frowned, open-mindedness to any sort of conversation with Kiskla immediately shutting down. All blast-doors locked and sealed! We're outta here, gurl.

"Thanks," tight-lipped, Avalore glanced past Kiskla to Johnny who was apparently mentally gabbing with some stranger, "I, uh, have some appointments I have to keep right now. Maybe you can start with Hal, if he's agreeable? I actually need to get going before I'm late. Again. Sorry, Grandmaster."

The bow she offered [member="Kiskla Grayson"] was stiff and quick before she sidestepped that engagement for another: [member="Darius Olar"].

"Darius, you have four hours to get your things around and finish up here before we leave. I'll meet you at the Temple entrance. Make friends with Hal over there, he's going to be helping me train you, too." Because the gaps of a Healer's training for someone who was likely more of a warrior were quite large, but that was one reason why she and Hal worked so well together.

With a quick I'll see you later, then, Avalore took her leave, giving Hal a wary glance over her shoulder as she did. Whether or not Hal was actually agreeable to speaking to the Grandmaster about all things concerning Sith Avalore could not say. If she had to guess, he would deliver his answers in a flat monotone, emotions firmly sealed away behind a stoney exterior.

~~~

Outside [member="Meeristali Peradun"]'s room the Healer found herself unable to knock.

This was weird. Wasn't it?

Feth, Avalore, you had to pick his room didn't you.

What if he was expecting ... you know. Was that what she was expecting? Maybe. Sell out. She didn't know. Hussy.

What if he wasn't? What if she was just being some silly girl harboring some absurd infatuation with a man with a tail and some serious orange eyes. What if this was just a joke. What sort of Jedi was she? What sort of codes was she breaking ... had she broken? What.... what was she doing here?

"Lunch," Avalore said to herself, "it's just fething lunch. This is not that complicated, stop making it that way. You can't just assume things from one instance, this isn't high school, that wasn't the girl's locker room, he's not Brett Braker. I mean, he's way better looking than Brett Braker on a good day after all the acne cleared up and this isn't at all like what happened - well, maybe it is but you can't just-"

The door opened and Avalore's brown eyes went wide before slowly turning to look up where they connected with those serious oranges, "...h-hey."

Nice, Avalore, that's how you get all the guys.

Waiting, rolling things over in his mind, he'd expected that she would simply arrive and give the door a knock. What happened was not what was expected and at first he sat silent and still as possible on his bed to better listen, and he could quite clearly hear every single word thanks to his hearing being enhanced by natural default. There really were many advantages to being a feline, when stacked against an average human base. But still, after a few moments, he crept towards the door, carefully laying one hand against it, pressed one ear against it.

With everything that weighed on him, he still smiled despite himself as she wrung her hands on the other side. It was nice to hear that he wasn't the only one with those kinds of thoughts on his mind. It had only been once, but... he opened the door, 'catching' her in the midst of arguing with herself, over what this was, over him, she stopped dead in her verbal tracks with a stuttering greeting, and he let the following silence hang between them for each to interpret the purpose of it. He held her gaze, searching her eyes.

Anyone else would ask who 'Brett Baker' is.

That was true. But he could deduce, and the past was just that - the past. In his mind, there was nothing to judge. There was simply a woman before him in the here and now, exactly where she said she would be.

"Hello, Avalore," he said, slipping past the door and nudging it shut behind himself, leaning against it, "beautiful, flustered Avalore."

The corners of his mouth upturned, and he pushed off the door, slipped his hands into his trouser pockets and stood over her, looking down at her, a lot closer than what might be considered platonic.

"There's no food in my room."

[member="Avalore Eden"]

Avalore Eden pipped, a wane, wistful smile on her face at his greeting. Her cheeks definitely pinked.

Oh my Hawk, Avalore, get ahold of yourself girl. It's like you ain't never been paid a compliment.

... flustered?

The smile crashed with a fretful blink, "...did you..." she glanced at the door, shut as it was now, and blinked in uncertainty. Had he heard her? Clearly he had, but had he heard her? Well. Ahem.

Hawkward.

Change the subject, quick.

"Yeah," her eyes flickered back up at him before wandering past the man and down either side of the hall, "about that. I'm in the business of steering clear of the Grandmaster right now, think we can head off-campus for a meal?"

[member="Meeristali Peradun"]

False shock flashed up on his face, then fell as quickly as it came.

"[member="Avalore Eden"]..." the smile returning to his face and widening to a grin, "...does the Grandmaster make you uneasy?"

His left hand slipped from the pocket it occupied, and moved to rest on her shoulder to squeeze it, then he looked to the left, and the right.

"She isn't so bad. Now, let's go find ourselves somewhere to eat away from prying eyes and ears, hm?"

He dropped the hand, slipped it in his pocket, and started walking towards the end of the hall closest to the nearest exit, fairly certain she would follow along, but not knowing for sure.

"I did hear you, by the way," he said, not looking back, "heightened senses to go along with the tail."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom