Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pad-a-wans. Boil 'em, mash 'em, stick 'em in a- what?

- [member="Marakai Al'Orren"] -​
Lunch. Room. Right. His room, later.

What?

There was little point in dwelling on it too much. It was what it was, and his attention slid from watching her go to she that had gone. It most certainly wasn't his imagination. He knew the scent and feel of her, would know it no matter the breadth of time set between them, for she (now that he had thought on it) had been his first student, in the ways of being and living. He reached the edge of the jungle at the point where she had returned to it, and crouched, there finding a blossom and so sniffed at it, the trace of her touch becoming immediately apparent on its soft, delicate surfaces.

Orange irises lifted, peering into the jungle that he, like she, knew largely like the back of his hand. Questions filed through his psyche, ones he wanted to ask, for which there was no telling the nature of her answer; again his mind, and now the tips of fingers, went to the right line of his jaw for the referential memory of times such as these. She may have hit him, he may have let her, but it was the price of admission to the matters of her pain.

Family, right?

The blossom fluttered, resting with the detritus, and he too slipped into the jungle, into his other form of self, following the trail she had left behind in her want of discovery, or in the futility of hiding from him, his pace slow, in consideration. It was the same old performance, the players moving through their denoted actions and lines. Before long, he came upon the lake, once again assuming his pseudo-humanity, the guise of his basest self less conducive to not provoking, and rose to his full height, tail calm, subdued, expression concerned-yet-firm as he watched her on her perch, saying nothing. Nothing, for minutes. A silence punctuated by the formed nature of this place. A quiet that needed breaking.

"Marrrakai."

For the script demands it.

Avalore looked askance at the Padawan as she followed him, now just slightly off his left shoulder, a ponderous expression taking her.

Seems incredibly prestigious...

All this time the reality of it hadn't really sunk in, and now suddenly the pit of her stomach fell hard.

Must be a great honor to be bestowed a responsibility like that...

She frowned, an uneasy sort of expression, and it seemed to weigh into her feet that she fell back a stride. Force, the temple wasn't just a building anymore was it? It wasn't just a home for herself and her Master and their friends. It wasn't some intangible idea of wholeness and belonging. It was a responsibility. She had people to look after now. She had expectations to fill. Things that needed doing. Now instead of taking lessons, she was supposed to be giving them. Now instead of following a Master around, living out their directives and hanging on their every word, she had to be the scion of knowledge and purpose, the mentor of Jedi-ness.

Avalore's expression fell flat.

Who in their right mind had the audacity to promote her to Knight again?

Oh look, the training hall.

The Healer swallowed and then suddenly found herself JD'd.

"Jeebus, JD-" Avalore startled out from beneath his chin-on-shoulder and turned, wild-eyed, to find him there with a little tune cricketing from an earbud, "there you are. I lost you and Hal back at the starport," but at least they all knew where their destination had been. Wasn't as though the Ossus temple was a hard place to find. His arrival was an fortunate distraction to the painful topic of Moridena raised by Darius and Avalore happily allowed the comment to pass unremarked.

But conversational cross-sections were always a clumsy thing to handle.

"I - yes," her gaze fell pointedly on Darius, "I am looking to bring a few back to Cato, and no," to Johnny now, with a gentle pat to his cheek, "you might scare the other Padawans away."

She flashed him a short half-smirk before returning her attention to the darker-haired of the two, "Johnny, this is Padawan Olar. Johnny's another Padawan from Cato training with Master Jacobs. ...you don't have a Master? What is this, Master Flu? It's like it's contagious or something..."

[member="Darius Olar"]
[member="Johnny Diamonds"]

Darius was left feeling uncomfortable, he didn't make much attempt to try gauge the reasons as to why, it was simple, the other had fell silent and that was either a bad thing or a good thing, he quickly jumped to the assumption that was a bad thing, considering she didn't actually say much to him or at all, for that matter. The moment all but slipped away, thankfully, his eyes had darted to a rather upbeat, interesting fellow that seemed like he was dancing through the halls. Odd indeed but it did leave Darius amused, it was different, someone was actually alive and being themselves, enjoying music by the looks of things. He didn't give the Healer any reason to look, he was simply amused and doubly so when the Healer was caught by surprise.

Eying the blonde man curiously, he went to speak his own name as the other asked the healer to introduce him but quickly fell to silence with a wide smile as the Healer did, with a swift nod and satisfaction that the pleasantries were sort of out of the way for the time being, he couldn't but help himself. "Darius, if you want a first name." He understood being formal with those of a higher position, it was respectful, he preferred first name basis with people of similar experience and position, though, the Heale did mention the man had a Master of his own, which caused Darius' smile to grow even more, it was pleasant news to hear a fellow Padawan had indeed obtained themselves a Master.

Seeing the two share such rapport instilled him with hope that Cato Neimoidia was different, that given how small the Temple or at least, the amount of members it had residing on the world, meant they could get on a more friendly basis and understanding than the many that sprawled through the Ossus Temple. Blinking once as the healer brought up the 'Master Flu' - Many Padawans did not indeed have Masters, he was quick to bring a hand to the back of his neck as he gulped, rubbing it nervously, he wasn't entirely fond of it all, his own Master had left him after all, in theory, he did have a Master, just not one present or in the Order itself. "I had a Master, he's no longer with us, he's.. absent... that's the nice way the other Masters put it, he's gone and unlikely to ever come back.. so yeah, you're right, I don't have a Master." He clarified and gave up in the end, yup, he had no Master and he assumed it was going to be like that for a long while coming. "Nice to hear that you've got Padawans with Masters on Cato though, makes me want to go with you guys even more. If you'd have me, I don't have to get on my knees and beg do I? I love Ossus don't get me wrong but it's been forever since I've got off this world and when I say forever - Years... and years. Which doesn't mean I'm impatient or anything.. okay, I'm blabbering, sorry." He let out a nervous chuckle as he recoiled into his proverbial shell. Good going Darius, you still know how to make yourself look like an idiot.

[member="Avalore Eden"] | [member="Johnny Diamonds"]

Leave it to Hal Terrano, staunch keeper of time to actually be in the training hall.

With all the collective charisma of a plain ham sandwich on white bread he wasn't likely to be found with a case of Jedi Temple wanderlust. What? Walking around making friends with small talk? Flirting with very handsome men? Engaging in idle banter and giggles? Egads, no, no and no once more just to make the point here. When Hal Terrano went places, he was punctual, precise, blinkered.

Ossus hadn't been his temple, no, he had been a Padawan of Tython and was so swiftly buried beneath the reputation of the starlets who had also went through that system. It never left him bitter though, in the grand scheme of things the more Jedi there were, the more likely it was that justice could thrive once again. and right now justice was flailing.

Sat cross-legged upon the floor he steeped himself in contemplation.

War was being waged and more and more the Republic found itself being pushed back under the threat of the One Sith. He had been there, first hand on the wrong side of the gates to witness the strength and numbers of the Dark Side. A shrunken black blemish remained upon his back to remind him of that. He couldn't see it, of course, being that his head couldn't swivel around three hundred and sixty degrees, but he could feel it.

The Dark Mark.

He would have cut it out himself had it been in a more manageable position.

That wasn't the only thing on his mind however, a certain woman had left him perplexed. In a position where his metaphorical feet were so unstable that falling into that unknown terrified him so.

But that's enough of that. Maybe later, if you're good.

Knight Terrano remained seated, frigid blue eyes staring at the doors, so he could glare at all of the late comers with extra vigour. Well, that was when they ceased dilly-dallying and actually got to the training hall.

[member="Avalore Eden"], [member="Darius Olar"], [member="Johnny Diamonds"], [member="Meeristali Peradun"], [member="Marakai Al'Orren"], [member="Marcello Matteo"], [member="Kiskla Grayson"], @Ryan Corr, [member="Trenchcoat Man"], @Jesus Christ Superstar

| [member="Meeristali Peradun"] |

"Meerrristali..." she said softly, taking a moment to remind herself how to breathe. This was Stali. This was her family.

Family.

Clearing her throat, she could not meet his citric gaze with her amber orbs. She remained focused on the softly rippling water, legs folded beneath herself and hands folded together tightly in her lap. A deep breath, and then another followed that one as she searched for the words. They should have been simple. They should have come easy.

This was Stali, she chided herself, who knew her better than anyone else ever would. Who understood her better than anyone else ever would as well.

"...it'll be six months as of tomorrow, you know. Six months since the day he came back and told me he needed his space and needed time to think.I knew it was over but I guess I just didn't want to believe it. He's left the order...no idea where he is now, but I saw him at Diana's funeral and he didn't say a word to me. Guess that sort of drove it home." Mara swallowed hard and dropped her chin to her chest as she shook her head, eyes staring sightlessly at her hands.

She remained that way for several minutes, trying to sort through what was left of her scattered thoughts. She'd been at it for some few weeks, traveling her and there, after her meeting with Talon. It was, or rather, it had been getting better. That sinking sensation that left her feeling off balance had receded, leaving her with the first glimmer of clarity she'd had in a whlie. Until the sight of Stali and Avalore on the Temple steps brought all of it back to the surface.

It was an effort to tamp it down and not sound like a bitter, unfeeling queen.

But it wasn't the only thing weighing on her. Mara sighed and lifted her gaze, tilting her head to look at her cousin as she finally gave voice to the decision she'd made some few days prior. "I'm leaving the Order. After Coruscant...the raid here...the state of the Republic...I can't serve it anymore. My heart's not in it and hasn't been in a very long time. I can't blindly follow orders anymore. I just can't."

"Me? A scary dude? Psh, come on now, Ava. I'm like, harmless and such!" Johnny winked as she patted his cheek, and twisted around on one heel, his loose fitting grey suit jacket bellowing out a bit as he did. Looking at Darius, he smiled, and tipped an imaginary hat to him. Man, Johnny hadn't felt this alive since the last time he'd seen Avalore proper. Force, it had to be years now since those days, eh? Then again, even though he was born on Coruscant, he'd been raised since before he could walk on Corellia, right along side her. It was a weird bond they shared, best friends, yet with none of that weird tension that usually befell friends of the opposite sex. Thank the Force for that, cause that'd just be too karkin weird!

"So, like, Darius, eh? Nice ta' meet ya, slick. Name's Johnny. Johnny Diamonds."

Johnny then interjected as Avalore talked about Master Flu. "Actually, Master Jacobs is like, a total ghost. As in vanished. No clue where she's been. But, believe it or not..." Johnny leaned in real close to Avalore, and whispered so low, he had to use the Force to amplify it just so she'd hear him, "...Grandmaster Grayson might take me on as a student."

Johnny leaned back, and winked, moving his feet to the beat of the music coming out of his earbuds.

[member="Avalore Eden"] | [member="Darius Olar"] | [member="Meeristali Peradun"] | [member="Marakai Al'Orren"] | [member="Marcello Matteo"] | [member="Kiskla Grayson"] | [member="Hal Terrano"]

"I see..." Avalore returned to [member="Darius Olar"], expression falling somewhat. She knew that whole song and story. Feth, she'd lived it. The Padawan's pleading didn't really help to lighten the mood, either. She would have liked to agree there on the spot, but that simply wasn't how this worked. She'd come to take in another hopeful Healer, and also to help find [member="Hal Terrano"] a Padawan as well. How many Padawans were Masterless on Ossus? How many lived in this sardine can, dreaming of the day they might be adopted into their own Jedi family of mentor and student?

It must feel a bit like being an orphan, Avalore supposed. She knew that feeling, too, but it had come at a time in her life where she was preparing to forge out on her own.

"Actually, Master Jacobs is like, a total ghost. As in vanished. No clue where she's been. But, believe it or not..." Johnny leaned in real close to Avalore, and whispered so low, he had to use the Force to amplify it just so she'd hear him, "...Grandmaster Grayson might take me on as a student."

The Healer blinked, a warm shiver coursing the side of her neck her friend leaned in to. She turned her head to look at him, bewildered at the news, "What?"

Grandmaster Grayson....at her Temple? Feth...she was going to have to hire some maids and a cook or something.

"Wizzard."

Alright, enough dilly-dallying.

Avalore looked to Darius then, frown still firmly plastered on her face, jaw setting in consideration, "Padawan Olar, please join the others in the training hall for assessment." Clearly she'd been talking to Hal, but perhaps a bit of structure was in order. This whole conversation was quickly going weird places. She indicated for Darius to enter the training hall, glanced back at Johnny and stepped in after him.

"Jedi Healer Eden," another Knight approached her, dressed in the blue robes of an Archivist, "thank you for coming and congratulations on the opening of the Temple at Cato Nemoidia. Ossus is eager to share it's wealth of talented Padawans with the Knights and Masters of Cato. This way, please," she followed him to where [member="Hal Terrano"] sat, looking for all the world his usual stoney self, and turned to the congregation of said Padawans.

Avalore's jaw dropped, "...fe-" she caught herself, glancing at Hal, "Force. How many are there?"

"We have for you two dozen Padawans who have volunteered for selection to train at Cato."

"None of them have Masters?"

"Many of them are refugees from Coruscant, Healer Eden," those words stung at her something awful, the Archivist Knight continued, "and Alderaan as well. The Jedi Order has suffered countless losses of Knights and Masters in the war against the One Sith, not to mention those we lost to defection, leaving behind more students than capable Masters. We have taken them in here and filtered them into larger group classes, but the learning experiences of traveling abroad, working in the field with a Master simply cannot be substituted. How many Padawans were you seeking to take with you?"

Brown eyes scanned the faces before her, pausing over that of Darius, before slowly moving to settle on Hal. They needed a miracle. The Jedi needed a miracle and two Knights from Cato Nemoidia couldn't produce that.

"Two," she replied in a low voice, "just two."

Marcello's glacier-blue gaze met [member="Avalore Eden"]'s for but a brief moment as she passed. The Jedi Knight was a curiosity to Marcello. He recalled the first conversation that he'd had with her. It had been...interesting to say the least. Perhaps he hadn't exactly influenced that conversation to maintain a discernable track. In the end of the day, it didn't particularly matter to the Jedi Master. At this point, he'd met so many different flavors of Jedi that he just stopped trying to keep track.

Turning casually, Marcello smirked to himself as he departed off down an adjacent corridor. In a matter of minutes, the blonde-haired Jedi arrived at one of several training rooms within the Temple. Casually, he made his way towards several controls along the wall to reconfigure a number of barriers around the room, adjust the lighting to alternate between normal, bright, and low light conditions at random intervals, and program a variety of training devices at various settings.

When the task was complete, Marcello walked to the edge of the room and waited for the training simulation to begin. In moments the room went dark and several obstacles began shifting into new positions as a thick smoke filled the room. Unclipping the silver hilt of his lightsaber from his belt, the Jedi Master ignited the dark blue, dual-phase blade of his lightsaber. The large Jedi's long blonde hair were bathed in the glow of the blade as several blaster shots rang out in his direction and Marcello sprung into action.

Perhaps' Darius' pleading got a bit out of hand, perhaps he desired too much and the desire to leave was a burning fire. He loved Ossus all the same, he grew up here for the best part of his life and it was only until recently that he found the courage to admit to himself, he needed to leave the planet, not the Order itself but the planet as a whole, it had grown stagnant, too much of the same old, same old and it wasn't even down to his own impatience or boredom. It was.. just.. complicated, that's all he could think to describe it. Supressing a sigh that he desperately wanted to release from his mouth, he opted to maintain silent for few moments, at least until Johnny perked up about how his former Master was technically a 'ghost' and that the Grandmaster of the Jedi Order itself may be taking him on as her personal student.

Darius, as an ordinary human-morellian being should've felt some form of envy towards the boy, the grandmaster for force sake but he found there to be nothing to envy about the position at least, regarding himself, he would not want such an authoritive person as his mentor, the weight, burden and responsible would most likely crush him. Johnny did come across very peculiar, which was a good thing, he seemed alive, well, alive as any ordinary sentient being could be but more so than most Jedi, he didn't seem to worry about his actions which caused Darius' lips to tug up into a smile. "Pleasure to meet you [member="Johnny Diamonds"]" He replied, maintaining that smile and then Healer Eden had entered into the training hall, Darius soon to follow as he gave a final glance to Johnny.

Yup, his eyes were not decieving him, there was a lot of candidates wanting to transfer over to the Temple on Cato, which was not going down well with Darius. These so called Padawans were considered to some of the best, Darius was not standing with them for that particular reason, he was not one of the best, he was slow and far behind for someone of his age. His stomach had literally dropped into an acid pool of nervousness that was eating up his insides, the palms of his hands that begun to get sweaty, he gulped once but not audibly enough for anyone to take notice, he by no means, felt half as confident as he did before walking into the room. Catching a glance from [member="Avalore Eden"], his own light brown eyes fell upon for one moment, he did not have much to say anymore, most of these would be taken and the ever silent [member="Hal Terrano"] was not helping in lifting his mood. Well, at least he had Johnny to amuse him for a few more moments, hoping he'd crack up into song or some ridicilous flurry of dance moves.

"Whoa. Ava, this is like, a metric poodoo-tonne of Padawans."

Johnny let his gaze fall across the dozens of padawans, and then whispered next to Avalore. "I count 34." The technopath just shook his head a bit, there were a LOT of hopefuls that were vying to go to the Temple on Cato Neimoidia. A whole lot more than Avalore and Hal could handle on their own. Good thing he had his teacher all set up already. Still, Force knew Ava would be trying to swallow a lump the size of a nerf right about now. He knew Ava. She'd try to keep calm and collected, but she was panicked. Even if just a bit. Looking to Ava once more, he quirked an eyebrow, then chuckled lightly, nodding his head away from the group. "I'm here if ya need me, chicadee."

With that, he plugged up his ears with those earbuds once more, and let the music just kinda have it's way with him. He wasn't entirely sure what he could offer except teaching the other Padawans about datapads, slicing, and tech in general. Ava knew that, so it kind of went without saying. Other than that, he was kind of useless, or so he felt.

[member="Avalore Eden"] | [member="Darius Olar"] | [member="Hal Terrano"] | [member="Kiskla Grayson"] | [member="Marcello Matteo"]

Of course, nobody had actually taken a turn to speak to the solemn-faced man sat upon the floor.

It would never occur to Hal Terrano that perhaps he should have to be the one doing the greeting, offering tours and information for this half-frightened flock of Padawans. Be social? You mean... engage people in conversation? Not while Avalore Eden was here with him, she could play the role of voice box and slang-user while he would step in to kill fun and offer cold authoritative stares.

With those powers combined were an unstoppable force of awkward social interactions, yet also a unit of considerable compassion and discipline. Cato Nemoida's finest tag team, or only tag team as it were.

Finally he shifted from his meditative spot upon the floor, deciding he would be made of stone no longer now that Avalore was here. A few glances made their way towards the blonde man as he moved, just catching visual confirmation that Hal was not actually a life-like statue as first thought.

For their respective sanities it would have been wise to not speak at all but the alarming amount of masterless Padawans in the training hall sent pangs of guilt through his gut, as a Padawan himself he'd known the bitter taste of rejection (and had naturally repressed it). Of course, he knew in this case that it was down to logistics, not because they didn't want to but because realistically what could two Knights do?

Train them in groups. Work hard and with beskar resolutions. With enough grit and determination one could exceed the impossible, no? That's what Hal certainly believed. Devoting your mind to it, tempered disciplines and all those words that there were the antonym of fun.

Maybe you shouldn't speak, Hal. It wouldn't be very wizzard of you. Alas, with his arms folded across his chest, Terrano's mouth found itself moving to abruptly interject:

“We could take more.”

[member="Avalore Eden"], [member="Darius Olar"], [member="Johnny Diamonds"]

Essentially since the exile verdict was passed on Matsu Ike, Kiskla rarely found herself on Ossus. The only instances were immediately correlated to Padawans, and their training. It was her job (though there was a severe lack of an official description) to ensure the future of The Order, and that usually demanded she balance a handful of students. While this usually meant teaching a class, she'd recognized the need for more in-depth training for certain individuals-- be it of her own assessment or through the grapevine.

So, Ossus it was. The Force permeated from the wildlife that surrounded the exterior landing pad.
The planet was ignited by it's two suns-- so much so, that Kiskla had to squint initially upon the departure of her shuttle.

"Grandmaster Grayson," one of the wardens, a Twi'lek Knight, greeted her. It was a title she had come to adjust to-- and no longer flinched when it was used.

"Hello Knight Gree." Came the exchange -- adjusting the collar of her loose white spacer jacket. "Things seem well here."

Gree nodded. Although headmaster Talon was absent, [member="Avalore Eden"] had stepped up to fill what gaps she saw. It was a major relief to Kiskla, who'd always found a struggle in assigning people to fill holes when there were more empty spots than bodies. Academies were always a first priority though, considering their influence on the learning environment and how many students were affected.

"I'm actually here for a Padawan --"

"Another?"

"We've all got to keep busy somehow." Kiskla replied--- though it was a little incomprehensible how many students she'd had in the tenure with The Order. Kei Amadis had been her first-- and he'd gone on to do some pretty great things. Until he died. Awkward. Anyways.

"Who?"

"[member="Johnny Diamonds"]. I reached out to some of the teachers here to confirm his status."

Gree smiled, and his lekku twitched. "Oh. That will be fun."

"From what I'm hearing---I like him already." She'd worked with him before-- on both Rhen Var and Recee. She'd been waiting for him to be scooped up, but no such fortune.

"Shall I get him for you?" The Twi'lek asked, looking up the sprawl of steps the pair of Jedi had reached.

"Ah.." Kiskla thought for a moment and have a shake of her head, taking the preliminary step to the mouth of the academy "You've other things to do than make an introduction. It's alright. Thank you."

Gree took this signal and bent at his waist, hands tucked against his lower stomach before turning away. With Gree's departure, Kiskla was left on her own to make the climb up the steps. Ossus provided a light breeze for dramatic effect, though she was mostly numb to it. The last time she'd been on this steps, [member="Michael Sardun"] had been at her side. Now he was behind enemy lines. Something she intended to rectify immediately-- and then teach him how to hold his own. Good lord.

Avalore rounded on Hal almost instantly, expression burdgeoning with the need for a bit more modesty from the epitome of modest Knight Terrano. Quickly excusing herself for a moment from the Archivist, she wheeled Hal away a few feet to have a private word.

"No," the young woman said immediately, "no we cannot take more Hal. I'm personally funding the Temple at Cato, I can't afford to take and keep more, not until I secure funding from the local state. Not to mention," her lips drew very thin as she threw a wary glance over her shoulder at the 36...or was it 37? Masterless Padawans eagerly waiting their selection, faces bald of any emotion other than wishful thinking, "it has been a week since Coruscant, Hal. A week," she hissed, "I'm not mentally or physically prepared to handle more than one. And you-" brown eyes stabbed at him, "are still recovering from a long stint with the Sith. It won't look good no matter how you pitch it."

Force, she'd been wanting to get the ball rolling as fast as she could manage, but she wasn't looking to roll anything larger or more cumbersome than a beach ball.

"We can't take more," the words were stern, "not right now," she released a measured breath, frowning, "but maybe we can work out a schedule to come teach classes here, regularly. Or take small groups out on missions so they can get off Ossus a bit. But just two today, ok? Once we get a few more Knights at Cato then we can take more."

Please see the sense of this [member="Hal Terrano"], she silently pleaded at him, right hand on his left arm, offering a squeeze that might've been a bit insistant.

Good thing she had no idea Grandmaster [member="Kiskla Grayson"] was on her way, then Frazzeled Ava would have really made a show.

As Avalore stood there talking to Hal, Johnny had kept to himself, taking the time to try to hone his ability to augment his body through the Force. To make his muscle seem denser, to be able to endure that push even harder. He'd set his messenger's bag down, his datapad back within it's leathered embrace. He'd spotted himself a rather high ledge, about 15 feet above his head. Again and again, he'd concentrate upon the Force, to try to Focus it as best he could, and leap straight up toward that ledge. After what seemed like a good dozen attempts, he'd finally gotten high up enough to be able to grab a hold of the ledge's lip. Coool, John-boy. You did it, man! he thought to himself. He was kinda proud of that fact. Sure, speed was his forte, he could move faster than nearly any Padawan he knew, but the jumping thing? Never was that good at it. Last time, he'd launched himself into a wall. That had hurt like feth, can't lie. Letting go, he dropped to the ground, using the Force to slow himself just enought o keep from doing any real damage. That's when he heard it.

Those few dozen padawans gathered around had been whispering in an almost murmured hush.

"Wow, it's the Grandmaster..."
"Why's she here?"
"Does anyone know her first name?"
"This is such an honor."
"I hear she's looking for a Padawan named Diamonds."
"Do you think she'll teach a class?"
"I wonder if she'll take any of us as a student..."

Johnny had to do a double take as Grandmaster Grayson made her way up toward the large gathering. "Whoa...wait...looking for...a Padawan...named Diamonds?" he paused a moment, before his eyes went wide. "Hold on...*I'M* a Padawan named Diamonds...Holy Sithspit!" Johnny was completely agog. Sure, he'd heard rumors that the Grandmaster might take on a new student, and sure, he liked to brag to Ava that he was the one, but he didn't really think it'd happen! He was just trying to make himself seem important like Avalore was. He was completely beside himself.

Ok, John-boy. The Grandmaster is looking for you. Be cool, man. Be calm, collect yourself, and get your poodoo together, ok? he thought as he slid his messenger's bag back over his head. He smoothed his untucked button-down shirt, made sure his suit jacket was sitting proper. His white and grey sneakers were tied neatly, for once, and his black slacks didn't look totally horrid. Except he looked a mess. Just not to him. He thought he was ok, and with that, he began walking toward the Grandmaster, getting to her before she finally made her way to Ava and Hal.

"Um..." Johnny paused, and gulped. "I was uh, informed you were like, looking for me, Grandmaster?"

[member="Kiskla Grayson"] | [member="Avalore Eden"] | [member="Hal Terrano"] | [member="Darius Olar"]

| [member="Marakai Al'Orren"] |​

Once she began to speak, once she fell into the rhythm of explanation that allowed him to gain a better understanding of her present mood... only then did he move closer, so that he might better see her face and its colour, examine the bend of her torso, the slump of her shoulders, and smell the intricacies of her feelings. It was believed, and perhaps known, that a predator could smell fear - it stood to reason and in fact that the range of further feeling could have a scent as well, though more subdued, faint, and yet no less deserving of recognition.

He remembered the pain she had felt over the man she spoke of. Had it only been six months? Well, time most surely flew in this life of the Jedi. There was no two ways around that. Still, Mara had never been subdued when it came to the matter of her emotions and heart. She loved strongly, and hurt just as bad. Helping her through it, each time had been the least he could do - of course he wished he could simply take away her pain at times, such was his love for his dear cousin, but by the same token, he knew that pain was a part of growth, a necessary part of life, and Mara would not be Mara without the experiencing of it. It was on these matters that he thought, right up until the point that she voiced the news he could not have expected to hear.

That made him do a double take. He wasn't certain he'd heard her right, but playing the words over in his head again, tail flicking sharply in concern (which could just as easily be taken for annoyance by any other not of his species), as he wondered what she was going to do with herself now. This was the other side of the coin of his care for family - approval, disapproval, advice, and cautions. Worry and peace. Anger and calm.... but he understood. For all he knew, he had lost his own master to this war, and it was true that the Republic wasn't doing that hot. After several minutes of silence, he spoke, his voice taking a cautiously concerned tone that almost would bring out the image of him calmly slipping his hands into his trouser pockets, whether he did so or not.

"Do you have a plan? Wherrre will you go, Marrrakai?"

He did his best not to sound chastising. It had not been anywhere near the truth for a long time, that she could not care for herself, but as family, he felt he had some right to concern over her well being, especially given that he was the only true approximation she had to an older sibling, a brother. Whether she would take it as intended? Well, that was yet to be seen. And he knew better to accuse her of running away from pain. That was far from what was happening here, and he believed he knew what she was feeling now, down to a very personal level. It was that feeling that made leaving home a little easier than it should have been. He could not fault her for feeling it.

The questions asked, he stepped closer to the water's edge, right up to it, and crouched, lowering a hand to run his fingertips through the water. In his other form, he would have taken a drink, directly.

"Please know that I understand, and won't try to stop you. Know that I expect to hear from you."

Unlike recent times, when there had been not a word. That would not do.

The Force was in every living thing, and each living thing had it's own signature. It would make sense for Kiskla to venture in the direction of those metaphysical presences she already knew-- and she happily sensed that there was another here. Woefully though, not part of this immediate task.

Kiskla stopped in her tracks before she could greet the Knight.. And her friend? Light eyes peered past Diamonds for a moment, before she looked back to the scruffy blond. Her brow quirked, as if the notion were in fathomable. "Were you?"

She waited a moment for an interaction, moving her hands to her hips and shrugging. "Then I suppose I'm in no position to make liars out of messengers."

There were still a few eyes on them, curious peers that belonged to wondering Padawans. She recalled those days. Then she'd had the strange fortune to fall into the category of the one they whispered about, instead of to. Mixed blessings.

Snow-white irises transfixed on the boy once more, folding her toned arms across her chest"Were you informed why, too?"

"Uh...well, no ma'am, not really. I wasn't really informed, actually. More like all the other Padawans are talking, and someone said you were looking for me. Um, well, I, uh..." Johnny's voice then dropped to a very low whisper. "Oh kark me silly here..." before raising back up to normal volume, stutter and all. "...well, uh, I figured with Ava all uh, occupied at the moment, maybe like, I'd find you before you found her? I don't think she realizes you're here yet, and uh, well, she's like, way overwhelmed at the moment. But please, like, don't tell her I said that!"

Oh sithspit. Did he really just say that to the Grandmaster of the entire Jedi Order? He did, didn't he? Ava was gonna kill him, and hard. For now, he just kind gulped down, and wiped the sweat from his brow with his jacket sleeve. Force have mercy, could he be any MORE nervous. Well, maybe if [member="Kana Truden"] or [member="Corvus Raaf"] were here, but thank the freaking Force and all things good and holy, neither of them were. Might as well just fit the kid for a pine box if that were the case.

[member="Kiskla Grayson"] | [member="Avalore Eden"] | [member="Hal Terrano"] | [member="Darius Olar"]

For a split second there was a fear.

Avalore, for being such a physically unimposing, slang-wielding woman could be a force of terror when she wanted to be, so when she dragged him off for a quiet word the man knew that there was mild cause for concern, if only on an emotional level.

Of course, what she said made nothing but sense but being shot down so suddenly caused his brow to crease tenfold. Hal Terrano was not used to being scolded. He almost felt like a child standing there listening to the logic and reason of Avalore. Had he been wrong? Not to speak to her about it first, yes. One couldn't charge into the fray and announce that they would take all of the Padwans without first consulting she who funded the temple after all.

Which was exactly what he did. Heart in the right place, mouth in the wrong.

A wave of helplessness hit him. The man just wanted to help, one might have even said repent if that wasn't such a self-centred pursuit. Blinkered for justice he would have gladly barreled in and tried to train every abandoned Padawan in this temple and would have very quickly learned the definition for overburdened. The Galaxy needed Jedi, now more than ever and for that to happen Padawans needed Masters.

What business did logistics have barging in upon defending the weak?

Hard lines still etched across his forehead, Terrano searched Avalore's eyes for his own answer. It was a no, but a no for now, with a compromise thrown in for good measure. Slowly he inhaled through his nose, glancing downwards at the hand that squeezed his arm. He offered her a curt nod and turned back to the Archivist Knight, knowing that later on he would definitely be apologising for his lack of discussion before trying to dive in with both feet.

“Just two,” he confirmed, repressing the growing urge to add 'for now' onto the end of that sentence.

[member="Avalore Eden"], [member="Johnny Diamonds"], [member="Darius Olar"], [member="Kiskla Grayson"]

Overwhelmed.
There were times when Kiskla felt self-pitied, and wanted attention for all she did for The Order — but that was her job. She’d been elected to this duty (technically thrice, but she’d recoiled twice due to inexperience). Scolding herself usually got her out of whining in solace.

“Heading an academy is a lot of work.” Kiskla nodded “I hope the other students are looking out for her as much as you are.” Woefully, Kiskla hadn’t actually had the opportunity to really do any sort of housewarming to Knight Eden since Vosra’s self-dismissal.

“Anyways,” she held up her hand to redirect the conversation, keeping her other knuckles to her hip. “I’m here for both your gathered assumptions. You need a Master, and Avalore needs a welcome — though she looks busy at the moment so your salutations is most timely.

Do you want to be my Padawan?"

| [member="Meeristali Peradun"] |
Her shoulders slumped as if the weight on them suddenly lifted and they weren't quite sure about it returning. She should have known. Should have anticipated that Stali would support her. Mara had no idea what she'd ever do without him in her life...none whatsoever.

The breath she'd been holding rushed out of her as she tore her gaze away from him with a small shake of her head. "Ansion, for now. It's between Republic and Mandalorian space." Slender fingers produced a tiny datachip from a pocket, holding it out to him. "Found a little cottage, way out in the middle of nowhere. On a lake. Lots of space to run...locals don't mind since I told them right up front what I was. I put everything I had into buying it. You're welcome to come by whenever you like."

Mara finally remembered to breathe, and dragged in a ragged breath. Then another, as she forced herself to relax. Tension kept trying to creep back into her, but she refused to let it. She felt terrible enough as it was.

"Beyond a visit to Zeltros..." she blinked, amber gaze flicking to burnished gold as the thought brought her beast to the forefront of her mind. The predator paced, and so did the young woman, dropping the chip into his hand. "...I haven't...it's been...too long. It's been too long. So yeah. Zeltros. Then to Ansion." Her meaning would be clear without needing to be spoken aloud. The needs her dual nature placed on her weren't secret, certainly not to someone who understood all to well where she was coming from.

Uncertain steps carried her to stand in front of Stali, golden eyes gazing up at her cousin. "Beyond that, I'll be honest. I have no idea. I just...I just know that this..." a gesture of her hand, encompassing the surrounding area though it was meant in a larger sense. "...this isn't right anymore. Not for me."

A faint, emotional smile curled her lips as she simply stepped into him and wrapped her arms around his waist. Head tucked under his chin as she purred ever so softly. "Soon as I figure it out, you'll be the first to know. But you call me if you need me. For anything."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom