Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Invasion (OOC) Break of Dawn || CIS Invasion of BotM held Rhand

A little late to the game but reaching out to any Maw that might what to story craft w/ Darth Empyrean Darth Empyrean and I at the Port of Sorrows. We've been tasked by the head honcho to stop the "slave elevator" and somehow disable it from use. I'm totally into organic engagements too, but, if we could chat it up that'd be great.

Srina Talon Srina Talon I have The Mongrel hanging out there, guarding the elevator. I was thinking it'd be a cool duel location for what I have set up with Gerwald Lechner Gerwald Lechner . If he's cool with it, I'm happy to bring you two onboard in some way, or I can whip up some NPC opposition for you. If you're planning to blow it up, that would probably be pretty fatal to the passengers and the many slaves clustered around it, but I'm open to hashing out other ways to disable it.

Alternatively, folks can always go after the bulk freighters that are also loading up with slaves.

I may be slightly late, but is it possible to join in as an ally for the CIS?
aaeb4941ff8afe1bf468c148926c1bdd.jpg

The Mongrel The Mongrel
Srina Talon Srina Talon I have The Mongrel hanging out there, guarding the elevator. I was thinking it'd be a cool duel location for what I have set up with Gerwald Lechner Gerwald Lechner . If he's cool with it, I'm happy to bring you two onboard in some way, or I can whip up some NPC opposition for you. If you're planning to blow it up, that would probably be pretty fatal to the passengers and the many slaves clustered around it, but I'm open to hashing out other ways to disable it.

Alternatively, folks can always go after the bulk freighters that are also loading up with slaves.

You're a treasure. I was thinking more of "disabling" in a more "non lethal" fashion and just trying to find a way to make it inoperable versus blowing it up haha. I wouldn't want to overwhelm you on the ground but I'd love to be worked into anything yall had got going if possible. You just let me know whether it's NPC's etc ♡

Alternatively, if there are people in the ground not matched up we could always run into them too haha.

Last edited:
Srina Talon Srina Talon You could perhaps target power generators, then, or something similar. I didn't deeply flesh out the specific infrastructure of Port Sorrow, so I'd have to think about what exactly that looks like, but I'm happy to work with you on a story about nonlethal sabotage. Feel free to PM me, hit me up on Discord @Skalding, or drop your ideas here, whatever works best for you.

I'm going to go ahead and get the duel with Gerwald started, but I can multitask!

Srina Talon Srina Talon You could perhaps target power generators, then, or something similar. I didn't deeply flesh out the specific infrastructure of Port Sorrow, so I'd have to think about what exactly that looks like, but I'm happy to work with you on a story about nonlethal sabotage. Feel free to PM me, hit me up on Discord @Skalding, or drop your ideas here, whatever works best for you.

I'm going to go ahead and get the duel with Gerwald started, but I can multitask!
Sure thing chicken wing - I'll shoot a DM after work.

Taiia Locke Taiia Locke Not meaning to talk over Ignatius, but The Mongrel is also at the skyhook, and I wrote the Port Sorrow sub. We've been using the term "skyhook" to refer to the space elevator, a floating platform in the atmosphere tethered to the ground with carbonite nanofibers. A platform goes from the spaceport up to the skyhook platform, which is currently attached to the space station Gehinnom. The platform is currently being used to transport slaves, and is surrounded by marauder guards, so it is both occupied and defended.

Certainly Taiia is welcome to try to gain control of the elevator platform and ride it to the top, but she'll have to either share it with about 400 slaves and guards or find some way to clear them off.

Taiia Locke Taiia Locke Not meaning to talk over Ignatius, but The Mongrel is also at the skyhook, and I wrote the Port Sorrow sub. We've been using the term "skyhook" to refer to the space elevator, a floating platform in the atmosphere tethered to the ground with carbonite nanofibers. A platform goes from the spaceport up to the skyhook platform, which is currently attached to the space station Gehinnom. The platform is currently being used to transport slaves, and is surrounded by marauder guards, so it is both occupied and defended.

Certainly Taiia is welcome to try to gain control of the elevator platform and ride it to the top, but she'll have to either share it with about 400 slaves and guards or find some way to clear them off.

Thank you very much, that helps.

Tu'teggacha Tu'teggacha

Hey there! I loved your recent post! In my previous post I stated that the Storm King locked onto the worldship (aka big freakin station) with its tractor beams, with the intent of more or less keeping it in place. Did you acknowledge that in your post, or did I maybe miss something in my reading?

Kiff Brayde Kiff Brayde I do see that now that I'm looking; apologies for missing it.

Looking at the comparative sizes of the Storm King and Gehinnom, though, I'm not sure that the Storm King would be able to hold the station in place. Gehinnom is nearly four times longer, twelve times wider, and 160 times taller than the Storm King. Their comparative volumes differ by a ratio of five thousand, nine hundred and fifty two to one, if my math is correct. That's roughly the difference in volume between a human and a scarab beetle.

I'm happy to make some edits about the force the Storm King is exerting on the station, but if we want it to be really holding it back from the full weight of a planet's gravity, we might need to discuss exactly how that's going to look.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom