Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Invasion (OOC) Break of Dawn || CIS Invasion of BotM held Rhand

Kiff Brayde Kiff Brayde Here's what I added to the end of the post. I can make further edits as needed. I did notice that the Storm King is equipped with Hamada tractor beams, which the submission weaknesses note don't work against objects larger than the ship they are fired from, instead dragging the ship using them toward the larger object. I figured we could fudge that a bit, though, and slow things down, since we've still got plenty of time left in the invasion and we don't want a huge impact on the surface too soon.

As Gehinnom fell, dragged down by the pull of Rhand on its tremendous bulk, there was one force buying it time: the mighty Storm King, locked on with the full power of its Hamada tractor beams, strained against the falling station with all its might. It was a noble fight, a bold effort to save the captives who had survived the Leviathan's torpedo attack... but one that even the Super Star Destroyer could not keep up for long. Indeed, if the Storm King stayed locked onto the colossal Holy City, it would be dragged along with it. The War Minister was playing a dangerous game indeed in his quest to slow Gehinnom's fall...

Laertia Io Laertia Io

With the drag that the Storm King is putting on it and the gradual acceleration of planetary gravity, we can be a little flexible with time, so that relevant characters can get out of the way; we don't want to auto-hit anyone. That said, pretty fast. Given its mass, its terminal velocity is extremely high, so it will continue to accelerate toward the surface until impact. It takes a tiny human being about two hours to fall from that height, so maybe... ten, fifteen minutes until it hits the surface of Rhand?

Laertia Io Laertia Io

Certainly you are welcome to try. It would be dramatic. A lot of those aboard are already dead, and it would probably take too long to load up any significant number of people before the station hits the ground, but you might be able to extract a few if you can find them quickly enough. The Maw is sending shuttles to extract three of its high-profile people (well, two champions and a captive), but even getting that many off the station will be cutting it close.

Aldo Garrick Aldo Garrick

Hey there! In my post here I detail the Storm King firing a Solar Ionization Cannon at the ships Bane and Sissiri. I don't believe I saw mention of them in your post, unless I somehow missed it? Either way, I'd appreciate it if you'd be able to acknowledge those attacks, thanks!

Zachariel Steelblood Zachariel Steelblood

Same thing. I had the Storm King fire:
  • Port side (x4) Dual Orbital Autocannons targeting Final Order capital ships in orbit (x1 Supremacy-class, x3 Praetorian-clsss) engaging Confederate forces.
  • Starboard side (x2) Solar Ionization Cannons targeting Final Order capital ships in orbit (x1 Sovereign-class)
  • RMMD-M5 Mass Driver Cannons firing at various targets in the orbital fleet
I don't believe I saw an acknowledgement of those attacks, could you either show me where you acknowledged them or just edit your post to include that? Thank you!

Kiff Brayde Kiff Brayde

Apologies for that. An edit/details will come, messaged on discord though to facilitate ease of discussion on specifics.

Edit for posterity of the discord discussion.
In short, clarified which ships are where, that there are two parts to the overall fleet hitting Rhand. IE that of Nyree and that of Zachariel. Clarified targets and an edit will be made to reflect the orbital cannons firing upon the bombardment part of the fleet.

Last edited:

Hey there! In my post here I detail the Storm King firing a Solar Ionization Cannon at the ships Bane and Sissiri. I don't believe I saw mention of them in your post, unless I somehow missed it? Either way, I'd appreciate it if you'd be able to acknowledge those attacks, thanks!

Zachariel Steelblood Zachariel Steelblood

Same thing. I had the Storm King fire:
  • Port side (x4) Dual Orbital Autocannons targeting Final Order capital ships in orbit (x1 Supremacy-class, x3 Praetorian-clsss) engaging Confederate forces.
  • Starboard side (x2) Solar Ionization Cannons targeting Final Order capital ships in orbit (x1 Sovereign-class)
  • RMMD-M5 Mass Driver Cannons firing at various targets in the orbital fleet
I don't believe I saw an acknowledgement of those attacks, could you either show me where you acknowledged them or just edit your post to include that? Thank you!
As per addressed in Discord changes are being made, nope didn’t see that response. Much appreciated. Edits being made!

edit: I see the weapon requires a charge time as well, did you post charging up the ion cannon for firing on the ships Kiff Brayde Kiff Brayde ? Also is this two cannons or are we saying the solar ion cannon is capable of hitting both vessels simultaneously?

Much appreciated! So is that two cannons you charged then or are we saying this particular weapon can hit two different vessels that aren’t stacked on each other from one cannon?

edit: thanks for addressing the cannons. What about the Spider Cruisers that were sent two posts ago after you that are about to latch on and start physically ravaging them Storm King also how is trying to pull a 80000 meter world ship effectively probably at 60000 now I believe possible while firing on all these vessels at different areas with two sides of a ship. Thanks again!

Kiff Brayde Kiff Brayde

Last edited:

Hey there. For the spider cruisers, I addressed them in my post here:

Kiff didn't have time to finish his verbal reasoning of his commands when a large chunk of metal slammed into the front of the​
Storm King bridge and bounced away, shaking the the entire bridge. He saw Bragga loose her footing out of the corner of his eye, unbalanced from the impact, and she wasn't the only one who'd fallen. "What the feth was that?" Kiff immediately asked.

"Debris," the gunnery captain replied. "Our point-defenses intercepted two medium-sized craft headed for impact against the King. It made short work of them, but we have some debris impact on our hull. Minor damage only," he added, which Kiff could at least see for himself was true. Despite the jolt of the impact, the bridge remained more or less intact, and there was no visible damage on the hull.​

If you feel this was too close to "calling a hit" we can talk about making edits.

Also so for the Storm King's various attacks, for the most part it has enough weapons that all firing angles are open to the Storm King except for its ATK-19 Thandarian Mass Accelerator Cannon. The various technical constraints such as moving the ship to fire at the Prophet with the Thandarian and the strain of trying to slow the worldship's descent are addressed thoroughly throughout my post, and if you want I can delve further into exactly what they are. In addition, the Storm King in my latest post only has fired at the Prophet and the Gehinnom and its debris, so it hasn't been super extending itself for the duration that its been dragging at the Gehinnom.

Also, I wanted to add, but I'm not sure if your post really works with the technology of the Solar Ionization Batteries. The name is a little confusing, but they're not actually ion cannons but instead uber-turbolasers that bypass conventional shield systems. Sorry if the name created some confusion.

Although the size is a huge detriment, the battery more than makes up for it in the sheer power that the RMSD-M11 can deliver. The solar ionization battery has the potential to deal out massive amounts of damage, the ionized light particles of the cannon being able to pass through most shields and deal massive amounts of damage. This is only coupled with the fact that the RMSD-M11 has extreme precision, especially over long-range, meaning that even distance cannot protect a ship from the battery.

The above is a quote from the description of the weapon submission, which you can find here.

Hey there. For the spider cruisers, I addressed them in my post here:

If you feel this was too close to "calling a hit" we can talk about making edits.

Also so for the Storm King's various attacks, for the most part it has enough weapons that all firing angles are open to the Storm King except for its ATK-19 Thandarian Mass Accelerator Cannon. The various technical constraints such as moving the ship to fire at the Prophet with the Thandarian and the strain of trying to slow the worldship's descent are addressed thoroughly throughout my post, and if you want I can delve further into exactly what they are. In addition, the Storm King in my latest post only has fired at the Prophet and the Gehinnom and its debris, so it hasn't been super extending itself for the duration that its been dragging at the Gehinnom.
While firing on the Bane, Sissiri and addressing the other fleeters you were dragging Gehinnom, the worldcraft. That’s more or less what I referred to. As for the weapon I see I see I’ll edit that on my end, that makes hitting the two ships at once a bit more confusing than even before. Can you address how it technically would be able to hit both vessels simultaneously? Thanks again!
Edit: Also isn’t hand waving two vessels essentially meta? Especially with point defense weaponry against shielded cruisers? I can send the subs to you if you wish, they are in the post.

Not sure who to tag, but to the CiS peeps, concerning evac ships on the ground, I have a few questions so I can make my next post.

1- How many evac ships are there in and around Port Sorrow?
2- Are any subbed ships, or just standard?
3- What kind of ships are being used?

Thanks!

Sorry for the late response, my b on that. Busy life and such :)

So to start off with, the Storm King fires on the Bane and Sissiri at the end of my post, while it locks a tractor beam on the Gehonnim around roughly the same time. However the catch is that the Gehonnim doesn't begin to plummet until after my post after a series of events, so in the duration that the Storm King fired on your ships it wasn't really pulling at the Gehonnim so to say. And as for hitting both vessels, I'm firing an individual cannon at each ship, so there are two cannons firing, not just one.

As for the Spider cruisers, technically under site factory rules they're at the large end of what is considered a starfighter/small craft. So although in the submission they're called assault cruisers, they're really just big, big fighters under factory standards. The Storm King has a lot of point-defense weaponry, and two big round balls coming straight for it would be kind of easily shot down, especially since they're trying to latch onto the hull vs just making weaponry runs. I do acknowledge that it's kind of toeing the line of 'calling a hit,' but also in this situation I'm not sure if there is a way that the Spider cruisers could feasibly penetrate the Storm King's defenses.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom