Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

March 2014 Staff Critique

@RC-722 "Mazarr"

*throws in two cents*

Factions - Folks would get their seven, get added to the map, and then die within the first check-in. Having edited the map for a short span of time, I can safely tell you that it's a monumental pain in the ass (freaking thing took 10 minutes to load) and that's not including making a new rank title group in the admin CP for said faction down the road. Basically, in order to cut down the unnecessary work of adding/removing "flash in the pain" major factions, you gotta stick around for 30 days to see if your idea will stick. I think it's perfectly fair.

Rank Titles/Names - Prior to the implementation of the rule, people SPAMMED the ever loving kark out of rank title requests and subaccount name changes. Certain people would go through tag changes semi-daily. As Tef pointed out, there are 5 Admins who have Admin stuff to do (and lives...I think), and that spam was getting outta hand. This rule eliminated the spam and made the privilege of rank titles something that you needed to actually think about using. Instead of just being accessories for your avatar, now you've gotta actually ask yourself "is this how I want to look for a month?"

*returns to bribing @[member="Tefoo"] with the Owner tag*

I might as well toss my thoughts in on a person-to-person basis. If I miss someone, please tell me.

@[member="Alli Wren"]: Old friend, does a good job with regards to RPJing. We have had some spats, but generally, you're someone I greatly appreciate seeing as a staff member. RP more plz, tho.

@[member="Asemir Lor'kora"]: Disappoints me, but not for the reason you'd think. He's dedicated his all to performing staff duties on the site... Which is his all. I have never in my tenure on the site seen him thread. And that disappoints me, tbh. I know he's busy and all, but you know... Threading is what it's about on the site.

@[member="Ayden Cater"]: Well, he's not Sarge.

@[member="Daella Apparine"]: Y u trip over teh powa cable!?!? But still, your administration has been... Decent. Not to mention you're the only staffer sans Tef who seems to have good knowledge on the coding of the site. I've notice bugs getting dealt with quickly and efficiently thanks to you.

@[member="Darth Kyros"]: It almost makes me cry if I ever end up ask you about serious staff stuff because of how sweet and friendly you are. You're a joy to write with, and are underTanding of extraneous circumstances.

@Darth Maleficete: Where to start... Of the factory judges, and possibly even of the staff in general, you're one of the most friendly people I know. You work speedily and efficiently, and I have a lot of fun doing anything with you. Somebody give this guy a Klondike bar.

@[member="Fabula Cavataio"]: Moar bewbs plz.

@[member="Gerion Ardik"]: We've always had OOC issues, but I can't deny that you haven't been efficient as a factory judge, not to mention your work on official company tier increases.

@[member="Jared Ovmar"]: Haven't really seen you do too much, so I can't really give any input.

@Popo: *insert comments for Jared here*

@[member="Sarge Potteiger"]: I've seen less RP from you and a lot more OOC COMMENTS. Maybe since Illie's back, that'll change.

@[member="Soliael Devin Talith"]: *looks at One Sith* Erm... Pass?

@[member="Spencer Jacobs"]: You need more hugs, whether you think you do or not. Keep up the good work.

@Tamara: I've noticed some mixed signals with regards to your work on events. Aside from that, haven't seen anything to really complain about.

@Tefoo: Well there was that incident... But #tyrannyreigns, so I guess it's of no importance to anyone.

@[member="Thurion Heavenshield"]: I hope I can RP with you soon sometimes. You're a very nice guy, and someone I trust makes the though calls.

@[member="War Hydra"]: DK wasn't fun. Like, at all. Haven't seen much about your staff work to say anything else, but relax a bit, k?

Copywright 2014 by Generic Guy Productions
This may be copy-pasted next month

@[member="Asemir Lor'kora"] has been staff for ages because, when that exceptionally busy dude has time to give to this board, he does staff work. That's not something to provoke disappointment. Plus he has fun in his private threads when he gets a chance. I'm not sure it's valid, for purposes of this thread, to comment on how much time staffers spend RP'ing.

I'm just saying it sorta disappoints me when a person so wholely dedicates himself to staff work that he is unable to - or at the best, rarely is able to - do the thing that we all came to this board to do: RP. That makes me a little sad. If he wants to do that, of course, there's nothing wrong with that. He's performed very well as staff. It's just sorta sad to not see him RP that much.

Then again, the same could be said for most staff.

Jak Sandrow

"Nobody cares for the woods anymore."
*comes across thread*
*grins*

u all suk

specially u, panda

You guys are awesome. And no, this isn't scripted. We-e-e-lll...
For me, March has (so far) been my best RPing yet. And that's not just due to my excellent writing skills *preens*.
No, it was mostly you guys. Thanks.

Although, I do have one suggestion. Could you possibly take one week every month to close the Factory to new topics? That would mean less clutter, etc.
Just an idea...

@[member="Circe Savan"]

2 Things: Yes the board is about threading etc, but as Staff there is more for us to do. @Asemir Lor'kora is one of our best RPJs he gets things done and like what Jorus says he has fun with his stuff.

As for my hugs : I got it covered

iegem9.jpg

According to my writer account, I've been here coming up on two months.... what? I don't think I've ever seen time fly so fast on an RP site, at least not in any recent memory! You guys must be doing something right, here. And as for the staff, specifically? Don't get me started. I could go on about how on-the-ball you guys are, how things actually get done. I have seen worse, and this is far, far from it.

I don't have anything specific to say to any one staffer, on account of not knowing you all very well, but I'm a very easy person to please.

Did I just say I was easy? Frak. >_<

SO MUCH HUGS HAPPEN IN MY LIFE HERE'S THE WHOLE GANG THAT ACCOMPANY ME IN MY SLEEP:

2yy8go3.jpg

And they all have names:

Grunty: Marselo
Polar Bear: Chilly
Panda: Pan-Pan
Hedgehog: Oink (I changed his name recently...he wasn't fond of it)

And in the corner is Dr.Bear - He keeps my PC safe from viruses <_<

Nyxie

【夢狐】
Lightsaber Crystals....

Some of the less cosmetic, genuinely stat changing ones should be on the restricted items list or at least require lengthy quality dev threads, in my honest opinion. CEC, meditation crystals, some of the simpler natural ones. They should all be a thing. Abilities like underwater use or being the only one capable of activating it are really rudimentary abilities. I feel it a huge injustice to absolutely deny the existence of all crystals' minor abilities. It, if you'll excuse my outspokenness, kills half of arguably the most iconic part of Star Wars; the lightsaber. It's not like anyone is going to pull a Kaiburr shard out of their arses, and even then, it doesn't have to be listed as is with most of the game-breaking crystals. :p

That is all, everything else is 100%. :3

We like to make sure that stat changing things are put through the factory because of the possible abuse that could come from it - trying to keep the playing field as even as possible. If you really desire these stat changes its not really that difficult to throw them into the factory. Also if you have any questions you could always just message an RPJ and question it. @[member="Særa Ayña Savan"]

@[member="Spencer Jacobs"] I've seen most denied/removed just for being 'stat-changing' crystals though, so wouldn't submitting them to the factory be redundant? o.o
:(

(whoops, it's still me, different sub)

@[member="CC-837 Vanator"] - If they're outlandish things well yeah obviously they've been denied/removed - I understand specialized weapons etc, but there comes a point where its just a huge overpowered situation. Also with the denied submissions there's always a second chance you don't get the same judge and a different one gets it. Also again any questions before the submission you could always ask - if I stand corrected there is an on going thread to ask factory questions. Better to ask than to submit and get denied eh? @[member="Særa Ayña Savan"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom