Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Faction Life Day | Open to SJC and Friends

"As do you, young Padawan."

If Ura Iolar Ura Iolar turned she would be greeted with the smiling face of her Master. His soft smile was one he hoped would bring a measure of ease to one that he could feel through the Force held a great deal of distress. Ura had yet to disclose the source of her woes to her Master, but he could sense it venting through her presence as though it had engulfed her very being.

He bowed his head then, to Kuxirra Tano-Bonteri Kuxirra Tano-Bonteri . He'd let Ura explain Life Day. It would be a good chance to see the extents of her knowledge.

Banquet
Farrina | Others​

Tarish.

She didn’t need anything else to figure it out. That was why this woman seemed so familiar. Related, no doubt.

The thought made her shudder. She couldn’t bear to look Farrina in the face after everything that happened. What was she supposed to do now? Amani was on the verge of shutting down entirely.

“I…”

The cup shook in her hand uncontrollably, her lip trembled as she tried to muster the ability to speak. Amani choked, but no tears fell. There weren’t any more tears to spare for strangers. If it was an admission Farrina was looking for, she would get it.

“I’m sorry.”

Aberrant

A
She paused, realizing the recognition as she watched the girl react. Grief, pain, regret. The emotions assuaged something inside of her as her own hand reached out to steady the shaking cup.

"I know. I accept your apology, and forgive you." She spoke quietly. "I will not lie. I was angry at first." Hey eyes were locked on the hand she was using to steady the cup before speaking again.

"Things did not add up though. And in the end, I learned what happened. Or at the least, what Tarish had done." The words were sad, but spoken with conviction. A heavy sigh came before looking at Amani once more.

"I am sorry, that he put that on you. That he did that without thinking. I-I apologize for my little brother." she finally spoke with a trembling lip. She had taken some time before this to examine how Amani might feel, having been at the other end with no warning or realization. Until it was too late.

Amani Serys Amani Serys

Be careful what you wish for.

REDEMPTION IS NEVER OUT OF REACH...
53950.gif

Equipment: Conservator(Lightsaber), Vanguard(Backup Lightsaber)
Comm-link, Rebreather
Starship: Starlight Sentinel
Companion: Astromech R01R - "Roller", Desbre Gensan Desbre Gensan (unless specified)
The frozen pond was nice, but it looked like there was a war that was about to be settled here with the way some younglings were feverishly building what looked to be forts made of snow. Caltin knew that he would end up nothing more than a massive Jedi snowman if he did not get out of there quickly, so with a laugh he was on his way back to the banquet hall. Besides, it was time for dessert, and they looked to have quite a bit of pie. The big guy couldn’t help but wonder why he inwardly laughed at each mention of the word “pie” like right now, but that was irrelevant.

The walk itself was gusty and he looked out towards what looked to be a market dedicated to Life day, maybe he would hit that up later. There looked to be plenty of Jedi over there, maybe that was a good place to check out, then again the mood seemed to be rather dim. A part of him wanted to go down there and maybe pick up a few gifts, but something else came up. He could sense someone he had gotten to know pretty well, and she seemed like she could use a friend, not just Master.

The Banquet hall looked finally to be holding the event that they were expecting, with all of the people, both Jedi and not, attend… wait is that sandma… sandwo… what the frell is that?

Okay… Number one… “racist”... number two… they are stealing silverware… wait hold on…

Reaching out through the Force, Caltin pulled the handbag full of goods into his hand and gave it to a staff-member. Would the two… whatever th…

Ahem…

“Perpetrators”... would the two “perpetrators” steal again? Didn’t matter, eyes were on them now.

Grabbing a couple of pieces of pie, he munched them down right there, grabbing a couple of more, and one for Des, the big guy made his way to the table. Llabruf was on his way out, probably to his own family celebration, he saw his compatriot and came over giving the Jedi a big hug. Of course, he looked back at the Arkanian with concern…

[She’s having a rough time.]

Yeah, I can tell.

[She misses her family, I don’t think she has quite settled into her new one, you know?]

It’s not easy when you’ve been through what she has, it’s going to be okay.

[You going to sit with her? She could use a friend.]

Caltin just smirked.

She has several, but yeah, I won’t leave her like that.

[You know you’re welcome at the tribe’s dinner, correct?]

He nodded with another smile.

See you there.
...YOU JUST HAVE TO REACH FOR IT.
svjbudd.png

Location 2: Life Day Market
Tags: Kuxirra Tano-Bonteri Kuxirra Tano-Bonteri Josh Dragovalor Josh Dragovalor

Ura jumped a little, turning back to see her master.

"Master Dragonsfl.... Sorry. Dragovalor. I guess I was a bit." She then looked back to Kuxirra. A happiness came off of her as she thought of how to answer, and she rubbed the green crystals on her left hand.

"In its traditional form here on Kashyyyk, Life Day is a time to remember... remember those we've lost, and to celebrate the new life that has come. Think of it as a time to reflect." Ura looked at Josh again, hoping she didn't miss anything. She could tell he'd noticed something, and it made her both worried and curious now.

Darth Ahriman

D
Life day...It was a celebration that Valen had been encouraged to participate in, and while he wasn't entirely sure he understood the purpose of it at all, Amaly Naetre had been adamant about his attending. So much so that she had made a special effort to track him down in the far end of the training wing, hoping to be forgotten and able to let the event pass him by. So much for that happening!

Awrathakka was not so far from the Silver Rest that public transport couldn't see him show up, perhaps a little late and not so fashionably, but showing up all the same and stepping off out of the air-speeder to gaze upon the crowded streets rather apprehensively. Were Jedi meant to feel this nervous?

Valen was still getting adjusted to being a resident in a facility so full of other people, his anxiety around the mere classroom environment had yet to cease, let alone being so exposed like this, standing alone among the street filled with all sorts of different peoples, some of the Silver Jedi while others weren't so familiar.

'Go out and have fun, she says. Make some friends and learn more about our World, she says'. Clearly Valen wasn't feeling quite as comfortable nor enthusiastic over the experience as Master Naetre had made it out to be.

55491.gif

Equipment: Simple Jedi Robes, inherited lightsaber, light-filtering lenses​

Des slowed down on food a bit, not wanting to stuff herself. But it was so good, and flavorful. She knew Wookiees used a lot of strong spices and liked spicy foods. They'd pulled back from that a bit, to make things a little easier on most of the gathered guests. But more than that it was hearty. Everything was the kind of thing that warmed a person up and left them sated on several levels. The Rest had decent food, nutrient-rich, and well made. But it just wasn't as fulfilling. The food at the Rest was just bland by comparison. While it didn't remind her of home, of Arkania, it was good enough to lift her out of the fog and restore some of her morale. The influx of sugars probably helped a fair bit as well.

Wiping her mouth off with a napkin, she picked up one of the three remaining wood pieces and the scriber. Tapping it against her bottom lip for a moment she considered more what she wanted to say.

I know you sent me away for my own good. And good it has done me. But now I don't think it was out of malice. I think it hurt just as much to send me away as it did to be sent. I still love you, grandpa. I hope, wherever you are, you do too. And I hope I can make you proud as a Jedi.

A few more tears floated free as she wrote, but they weren't nearly as hot or painful. Just laden with regret she couldn't say it to him in person. To see if she could get him to smile one last time. Buts he hoped wherever he was, he was anyway. Setting it aside as it cooled, she finished off the last of her hot cocoa.

Picking up one more piece, she quickly began writing again. This time to in High Galactic.

Wherever you are, Master Sal-Soren, I wish you the best. Happy Life Day and the Force will be with you always. I will never forget all that you taught me. You are greatly missed.

Setting it aside she looked up only to find Caltin approaching. Quickly she wiped her face but it did nothing to hide the salt-stained streaks or the puffy red-rimmed eyes. "Hey," she greeted quietly, arms folding over her chest loosely as she glanced off to the side, trying to hide her embarrassment.

zJxNdnE.png

"One's a name, one's a title. Either works, but Dragovalor looks a little more professional to our new Concord friends" Dragovalor explained with a laugh when Ura got it wrong. It was an interesting transition indeed, but one he hoped that the Order would get used to in time. Many of those who once knew him were no longer around -- this seemed like the best time to regain his birth name and represent himself with it in his work.

Ura explained fine, and he smiled as though to indicate as such. But her pain was obvious. He wanted -- needed to know what bothered her if he could. It was his responsibility to look after his pupils, after all. When the girl asked for names, he bowed his head.

"My name is Josh Dragovalor. This is my pupil, Ura Iolar. A pleasure to meet you, Kuxirra."

Ura Iolar Ura Iolar Kuxirra Tano-Bonteri Kuxirra Tano-Bonteri

Banquet
Farrina | Others​

Amani flinched when Farrina reached out, and the shaking stopped as she froze still, gaze blank and glassy-eyed. The mention of anger made her heart skip a beat.

The apology didn’t feel earned, not in the slightest. In a way, it almost made her feel worse. That Farrina was willing to tell someone so undeserving of clemency that it was okay. Maybe she was lying. Surely her actions couldn’t be so easily redeemed. It may not have been by her hand that Tarish fell, but by her actions, it all led to that same result.

“Yeah well… He’s still dead ‘cause of me.” She muttered with a cold, matter-of-fact tone. Amani didn't see it any other way. To her, it was objective truth.

Be careful what you wish for.

REDEMPTION IS NEVER OUT OF REACH...
53950.gif

Equipment: Conservator(Lightsaber), Vanguard(Backup Lightsaber)
Comm-link, Rebreather
Starship: Starlight Sentinel
Companion: Astromech R01R - "Roller", Desbre Gensan Desbre Gensan (unless specified)
Hey kid.

Sitting down, putting one plate next to her, Caltin indeed noticed the eyes, the mannerisms, all of it. She was having a rough time and did not need some kind of lecture about Jedi history or anything. She needed a friend, and frankly at this point so did he. It was interesting that with all of the people here who looked on him, only his Padawan and one of her friends, other than the Wookiees themselves, ever approached. It was a lonely existence to be true and that had little to nothing to do with his being of another time. Frankly, while he used to care little about how he was looked on, now it would be nice to be able to talk to others.

He may be a bit of a monster of a Jedi, but he was still a Jedi after all, right?

He just took a bit of pie again and sat back and chewed on it for a few moments. Caltin wasn’t going to force anything, no pun intended, he was going to let her warm-up. If she wanted to talk he was there, if she didn’t he was still there. The Wookiees have a mantra about not letting “family” ever suffer alone, and while he was her “Master”, her teacher of sorts, she was like a cousin to him at this point. So the massive Jedi Master would sit there with her, keep her company, and show her that she wasn’t alone…

… and maybe tell a story.

I found my sister when I was a Knight. She ran away from home when I was a little kid before I came into the Order, I didn’t know what happened to her, didn’t really remember. I only knew what I was told, just like the only thing I remember about my parents was what my father told me “Always do the right thing.” Anyway, she was getting married to a guy in the Republic, some military family, nice guy.

Anyway, I know about “attachments” and all, but… well… she was my sister. I had a Jedi friend who was an adoptive sister, she felt the same way. She had kids, I had a niece and a nephew who were actually both Force Sensitive. I mean… I actually had a family… I even was seeing someone. Then I was lost on Rhen Var…

… and gone.

I lost everything I cared about and believed in.

Taking another bite, he let his words sit for a moment. Caltin inwardly hoped that he was helping her, but he was helping himself at the same time. They both needed this.

When a life is lost and becomes one with the Force, there are those who think “That’s it”. I don’t. All of the reminders, all of the memories I have of those lost. I think that they are imprints of those who lost, reminding me, or saying “hi”, in a way, saying that they are still with me. True, I’d rather see them face to face but the thought still gives me some comfort.
...YOU JUST HAVE TO REACH FOR IT.
svjbudd.png

echanigirl3.png

Equipment: Reu & Tuene
Tag: Desbre Gensan Desbre Gensan | Caltin Vanagor Caltin Vanagor

Milya stood lazily picking through the arranged food and delicately placed a few items on a plate. Somehow before she had known what happened she had been dragged to a party by a group of highly energetic padawans who demanded she come with them. Normally she would have been more forceful in her rejection but she was trying her best not to break any bones today, especially not of her fellow padawans. Upon finishing the collection of food from the tables, she slipped quietly through the crowd toward an unoccupied corner.

Picking idly at the plate of food, silver eyes began flitting around the room taking in the various occupants and searching for any familiar faces. She didn't exactly have a problem with crowds per se but there were precious few people that she knew here. She had long since lost track of the padawans she arrived with much to her own annoyance. She was almost convinced that everyone she did know decided not to come, that would seem to hold to her luck anyway. Just as she was about to give up she saw Caltin, he was of course hard to miss moving through a crowd. She watched him for a moment as he was moving with purpose, she followed his path with her eyes a soft smile appearing on her lips when she saw Desbre Gensan Desbre Gensan . the smile disappeared somewhat and her brow furrowed slightly as she knew her well enough to see she was troubled, that alone was enough to warrant her concern. The echani placed her plate down and started toward them weaving through the crowd, finally slowing her approach when she saw Caltin moving to take a seat.

She had been close enough to hear Caltin begin speaking and listened quietly while he told a story to Des, it was a nice story at that. It was true what he said, nobody is ever truly gone because of the Force. That said, it didn't make the pain any easier or the hurt to ever really go away. Now though she began to understand what was troubling her friend and walked the last few feet of a distance to come up behind Des and lay a hand on her shoulder. "Hope I'm not intruding?" her eyes looked to Caltin first almost like seeking permission as her hand gently squeezed the shoulder to reassure her friend in the quietest manner.

55491.gif

Equipment: Simple Jedi Robes, inherited lightsaber, light-filtering lenses​
She took the plate and gave him a small, brave little smile, but said nothing at first. She could see it in his eyes, the same kind of isolation, but for different reasons. Something was nagging at him. Des suspected a lot was eating at him he didn't let on about. Maybe, in time, he would be comfortable enough to trust her with some of it. He'd already confided and told her so much. Things that would have confounded her or made her worry years ago. Might have made anyone worry. Instead, it only gave her more understanding of the man across from her, wounds, and all.

When he began to speak she could only think of her own big sister. What would she have done if Hanna had run away? There were times when Des had nearly done the same. Then the story shifted to Rhen Var and losing his own family. And his take that they were reminders, those memories, those moments. Again her vision turned watery, but no tears fell this time. Or at least they never got that far after a few hard blinks and a quick swipe of a finger or two at the corner of one eye. Clearing her throat she nodded.

"If that's true..." she had to stop for a moment, trying to get something of an even keel again, "... then they're with me all the time. Every day." That was a bittersweet thought. As much as she would have loved to be done with the specter of the past if in some way they were reaching out to her, did she really want to deny them that? Was it strength they offered rather than pain?

Master Sal-Soren had been a little stand-offish but she knew Malissa would have offered nothing but comfort, love, and light. Especially when she needed it most. In the brief time she'd had with her third Master, she'd almost been like a mother to Des, even though they were the same age. Or perhaps just a really close friend who cared more than most.

"I'm sorry you lost them," she murmured to him, her words almost lost in the din of the crowd. "But I'm so glad you're here. Even if it's just me, it means the world to me. I don't know where I would be without you right now." Reaching up she wiped at the corner of one eye again and tried to hide a soft sniffle. She wasn't upset, so much as just it was little emotional aftershocks. Des found herself wishing she could just shut off her emotions like as seemed to happen when faced with combat. But it was a different state of mind, and... if she did that would be denying half of herself, and that was no true way to live. Even if the Jedi code spoke to there being no emotion, but peace. She didn't buy that one bit. The older or other codes she found more appropriate. She was a person, not a droid.

It was then she was aware of a pale shadow coming up behind her. A familiar, quiet presence, and then a hand on her shoulder. Milya's voice cut through the din, and she looked up to see her roommate (on campus) and friend, then reached up to squeeze that hand with her own. "Hey Milya," she said and sniffed once more. "Not on my part, you're not. Glad you made it."
zJxNdnE.png

svjbudd.png

"Ehri! Jargaltai Mendchil!" Her father practically yelled from his end of the holotransmitter, the middle aged man cheerfully greeting his daughter with the traditional Nahkisan holiday welcome, with that warm smile only a parent could have.

Making her way through the Life Day market, Ehri supposed one of the underappreciated perks of being force-sensitive was the ability to dodge incoming foot traffic, effortlessly dodging and weaving passer-by's as her attention was otherwise drawn to the little blue holographic man that was her father appearing from the small black pad sitting on the palm of her hand.

"Jargaltai Mendchil, dad." The knight replied, voice significantly quieter than the other party's, and even then still, quieter than it normally would have been, perhaps due to the inherent embarrassment that parents could bring to their children, particularly in public. Nevertheless, a small smile couldn't help but find itself on her expression. "Where's mom?" She asked, taking the few moments she got as her father replied to look around. Thinking it strange how even the most familiar sights took on an entirely new appearance on Life Day. It'd been something she'd noticed even when she was little, and still living on Nahkisa.

"She's getting your grandparents from the starport. They should be getting back in a couple of minutes.. She's been looking forward to seeing you."

Gently sighing, Ehri gave a nod. Knowing full well of her yet unfulfilled promise of returning home for this year's Life Day. Stopping in her tracks, she gave a brief survey of her surroundings, looking- and finding a place where she could remain still without impeding others, and taking a few steps to her left to reach it. An out-of-the-way little gap between two market stands, looking back down to her father, she replied;

"I know. I'm sorry for not showing up.. It's just been busy is all--"

"You don't need to apologize to us, Okhina." He interrupted her, his own expression softening as the words emerged, and Ehri's following suite at the use of the phrase.. Precious daughter of mine. (For sons, it would have been Okhino.) "...You'll never stop making us proud." And like that, Ehri was reminded of how extended family members would always compare their smiles, perhaps to an outsider they were reflecting one another's expressions at this very moment.

"Thanks.. So-.. So what are the plans for tonight?" She continued, trying to steer the conversation back to where it had supposed to have been heading. Though still admittedly blindsided by the surprising rawness of the previous exchange. Her father seemingly was as well, as he took a slight moment or two before answering, trying to find his own words.

"The family tradition, you know, some lovely Uuz, Tsuvian noodle stew, and yummy Buuz dumplings to compliment." Yeah, he knew what he was doing. The young woman already beginning to feel her stomach rumble at the mere thought of her homeworld's traditional roast meals. The weather didn't help in her cravings for it. Shaking her head, she let out a small laugh at her father's cruel tactics. "Is this supposed to be revenge? Making me feel as if I'm starving?" She knowingly interrogated, another laugh following as the man replied with a performance look of indignation and offense. "I'd never do that to my favorite daughter."

"Sure. Of course you wouldn't, you're too good for that kind of underhanded business." She jested. "Listen, I've gotta go for now, got some Life Day shopping to do, let me know when mom gets home, so we can talk. Alright?" It always hurt on some hidden level within to say goodbye to her parents. Even when she knew she'd be able to see them again, talk to them again, hold them again. Which was more than many could say unfortunately. They'd always told her that the homesickness would gradually fade as she grew older, but it never seemed to for her.

"No problem, Ehri. Make sure you get your mother something nice, and me, something expensive." With that, they both laughed. The warmth from the humor seemingly spreading to her cheeks, as she felt her face lightly warm up from the activity it was getting.

"We'll see. Love you, dad." - "I love you too, Okhina."
2FS8YbB.png

Last edited:
Tags: Dagos Terrek Dagos Terrek Caltin Vanagor Caltin Vanagor

Kaaba and Mi started to run off, or at least They tried to. In a rare instance the pair attempted to move out of sync, which only resulted in the pair tumbling down in a pile of sand and silverware. They looked around, worried to say the least. Stealth was out the window now. Not only that... but they landed near someone!

“Uh.... Poodoo....” Kaaba was quick to attempt to run, only for the crystal mass he shared with Mi to stop him.

“Gah! Kaaba! Face it.... We got caught this time....” Kaaba would close his red eyes before looking who he guessed was a Padawan. He then looked back at Mi before speaking up.

“Uh.... Hi....”

She had glanced beyond the holo-projection of the ugly ship she was working on mid scoop to witness the display put on by Dagos Terrek Dagos Terrek with the spoon just shy of her mouth. The slip pushed her well out of her thoughts, mind now blank in the time it took her to put the spoon down slowly and lean forward in her seat to look at the person.

Silver hair poked over the table, not yet laughing before gauging how severe the injury was. She heard them curse, a small snort coming from her as she slid a leg out and pushed off the table while shutting off the display. The spoon was set in the bowl as she rounded her spot, offering a hand to the downed padawan.

"You alright? Nice disappearing trick if that's what you were going for." She managed a teasing smile.

Aberrant

A
Her hand lingered on the cup for a moment, the shakes stopping and her efforts taking a turn she hadn't expected. The hand was removed, and a heavy breath followed it shortly after.

"Tarish was a bullheaded one. He would have fallen at some point." She spoke, tone bland of emotion as she continued on. "Taking risks, putting others before himself. A rancor in a bantha herd."

She lingered on old thoughts of him leading a charge someday among the Silvers. How his end would likely come from throwing himself into the fray for a cause she viewed as silly, or pointless. But he would have done it for his friends, his group. The group he had devoted his life to. The people she had held in disdain for some time after learning of his death. But she had taken her training from her home-world to remain neutral and examine the facts.

The end, after all was said and done, had been better than any of the ends she had predicted for Tarish.

"Your actions, his actions. The end is still the same, yes." Her eyes glanced over to the padawan. "He gave of himself for you. Attempting to accomplish something."

The words were not easy to say, but she had to know. Had to hear it from the source rather than others.

"Did you accomplish that goal?"

Amani Serys Amani Serys

“What up doe?” Dagos said in greeting to the two uh sand people. He tried his hardest to sound as cool as someone with a sore butt and increasingly wet pants could sound. He tried especially hard to be cool cuz he noticed the mechanic, who happened to be a girl, an older girl was on her way over to the pile of fallen kids.

"You alright? Nice disappearing trick if that's what you were going for." she said, offering him a hand up and a teasing grin.

Dagos took her hand in his and let himself be pulled to his feet.

“Chit, I’m good. How are you?” wait why did he ask that? Was it cool to ask her that? “Yeah, I’ve been workin on that trick all week. Really thought the wookies would love it. You should see what else I’ve got up my sleeve.” He joked with her a bit more comfortably than he sounded with his greeting.

“Oh chit.” Dagos said, just realizing he still had the bottle of tanish-yellow liquor in his hand. “You want a drink?” he asked her.

“Oh and you dropped your spoons or whatever.” He said, turning back over his shoulder to look at Kaaba and Mi Kaaba and Mi

"I'm Dagos." He said introducing himself properly to the twins and Phalsi Drynchen Phalsi Drynchen

Location 2: Life Day Market
Tags: Kuxirra Tano-Bonteri Kuxirra Tano-Bonteri Josh Dragovalor Josh Dragovalor

Ura had a sense of ease come over her when Josh said that it was ok. She then looked to Kuxirra, seeming a bit surprised. It made the Lervon sad to hear that the poor girl didn't have any experience with holidays. They had been one of the things that actually helped Ura get through everything that had happened recently. Her injuries, the lose of her homeworld, and everything that happened.

"You didn't? That sounds horrib.... Wait? Lab? Are you related to Slipknot by any chance?" It may've been a bit of a presumption, but it only made sense to her. It was a small chance. She then looked at Josh, knowing that they hadn't talked much about everything that was on her mind. She looked down, sending out a telepathic message after she spoke up to Kuxirra.

"Can... we talk about something soon?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom