Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Faction Life Day | Open to SJC and Friends

"I know you couldn't tell me," he said. He sounded quite petulant to himself.

"And I know I probably would have tried to stop you. It's just...well...I don't know."

He snorted in frustration. This was not the most clear and eloquent exchange of words in his life. They were both struggling.

"Everyone is alright. We just all thought you'd fallen. That felt..." Acaadi sighed softly, a slight quiver broke the sound.

"...it felt like losing you"

“Sorry.” Amani pinched the bridge of her nose and sighed. It was all giving her a headache.

Her thoughts began to dwell on the events of the last several months. “I almost did. Lose myself. I’m not a spy, Acaadi. I had to force myself to blend in. And the dark side, its…” She sniffled, the cold finally starting to get to her underneath her dampened senses, “It was like… dealing with a really bad addiction. Constantly. Trying to keep that connection going, then trying to stop myself from going too far.” Amani spared him the more clinical diagnosis of her experiences. She’d probably be able to write a thesis on it at this rate. “I still wonder how I managed it without going totally insane.”

At least she was pretty sure she wasn’t insane yet. Amani pulled the shawl tighter around her shoulders, “I just- I feel like every time I try and fix something I did wrong, it just makes more problems.” The exhaustion was clear in her voice and face. “I thought for sure you’d be angry with me.”

"I'm upset," he admitted without a pause, "but I'm not angry."

Acaadi at least managed to turn to face her now. He tried to smile, but her explanation had clearly caught him off guard. His feelings were strong, but without direction. A myriad of colours thrown at the canvas with no artistry.

Amani had actually delved into the dark side. She had gone into the shadows to enact her plan and come out of the other side with their Grandmaster. It was hard to reconcile that with the girl he had first found healing an injured bird.

"You did manage it thought didn't you? Despite all that. You saved her. Better than what I managed."

The Banquet

"I expect better," the Pantoran answered "Especially out of my own student."

His eyes also took in Phalsi Drynchen Phalsi Drynchen and met her gaze.

"And you, Padawan, I don't know you well. I will give you that much."

He gestured between her Dagos Terrek Dagos Terrek and Kaaba and Mi Kaaba and Mi as he continued.

"But you represent something greater than yourselves as apprentices. You don't know it but your actions show other beings not within the Order that we are nothing but common criminals and thugs."

Ryuichi sighed heavily.

"Put the brandy down and put the silverware back. If you choose to drink alcohol, do so when you're considered an adult. But theft...."

His eyes flared for a split-second with anger.

"We are not thieves. A Jedi lives with honour and you disrespect the memory of so many who came before you with these actions."

Dagos Terrek Dagos Terrek Kaaba and Mi Kaaba and Mi Ryuchi Ryo Ryuchi Ryo

I am.

The words rolled like sharp thunder that struck with no warning. His words to her however made the initial surprise of his appearance cease and slide into indignation. She had respect for superiors, but she also had a severe issue with it when they felt they deserved it at greeting than through mutual respect. Something that always bit at her being a padawan.

And typically had made her skip classes for so long.

The Oh no look from Dagos was expected given the contraband he had. But the following lecture had her sitting back in her chair with an arched brow.

"No, we as an order are not thieves. On the same note, taking an action that would put us into that position and then learning the consequences of such actions is just as important as sitting in class meditating on a rock trying to become one with the force." She set her spoon into the bowl with obscene care.

"I myself have great experience in the matter given that I have a criminal record and am trying to work through that past. I can tell you from that personal experience in treating the situation with a snobby attitude and stuck in the mud mentality of being holier than thou is by no means a proper execution of a possible lesson."

Her hands were politely folded on the table, and save for the smudge of grease across her features, she looked relatively pristine and cheery given the words coming from her. Her thoughts were in a highly agitated state, and there was a growing sense of contempt and displeasure coming from the padawan that even Caltin Vanagor Caltin Vanagor could likely feel in the force.

"If you want him to learn from this, have him return the bottle personally and explain himself without holding the incident over his head as though this singular failing is the end of his career as a student. Otherwise you can easily breed resentment and disdain for a system that redeems even sith lords who have committed far greater atrocities than simply lifting a bottle of alcohol for a bit of teenage rebellion and excitement."

She gestured to the pair of twin levrons before continuing to speak.

"I do not believe they are actually a part of the order and are guests in our home enjoying the celebration. As well, I do not believe they have had a lot of interaction with anyone other than the levron people and this may well be their initial meeting with people other than their own. And for that introduction to a group outside of their own, they have been greeted with disdain and contempt, labeling them as thieves and ne'er do wells. Not a very good introduction to an order that prides themselves on honor and respect, is it?"

With her very quickly spoken words, the folded hands came to rest beneath her chin, elbows placed on the table as a look of calm and peace came over her features, severely at odds with her deeply unsettling presence in the force.

Tags: Phalsi Drynchen Phalsi Drynchen Dagos Terrek Dagos Terrek Ryuchi Ryo Ryuchi Ryo

“Wait...? There isn’t?”

“Dang it....” The pair looked at Phalsi, closing their eyes for a second, the Lervon version of a sigh, before looking at the two Padawans. They felt a little stupid after hearing that, but they had to admit they didn’t know what people found valuable.

“So, what would be....” Then the Jedi approached, and the pair recoils a bit when he started speaking. They seemed to almost bunch into each other, while still being distinguishable. So the drinking they couldn’t relate to. They’d heard different cultures had different ideas, but had never thought if A: Dagos’s was one, and B: What happened if they clashed. And then he turned to them! They weren’t Padaw..... Wait? Thief? Singular? The nervousness in the Force were already letting off now gave a flash of annoyance. Maybe he was talking about Dagos, but it was hard for them to tell. Mister high and mighty Jedi couldn’t even tell, or just didn’t care, they weren’t a single being.

Still, nothing would’ve been said if Phalsi hadn’t spoken up. She... defended them? All of them? The twins seemed to relax a little bit, but they were still nervous. The looked back at the Master, then Phalsi, before nodding a little at what she said.

“Yeah. This is our... first time at something like this.”

“Yeah. And we haven’t met many other than our own people.” Even with the monotone voices, it was easy to pick up Kaaba’s emphasis on the word “we.” The pair were still spooked Ryuchi’s words, but it was at least better.

“Yeah.” She shrugged, “But it never should have gotten to that point in the first place.”

People were dead. And Amani couldn’t help but wonder what could have been prevented if she’d done things differently. Trading lives wasn't a way to fill in those empty gaps left behind.

“I just wish things were back to normal.” Going to classes. Spending time with friends. When it felt like there were things to actually enjoy about being a Jedi. “I guess it’s all a bit too late now,” Amani pulled her knees up to her chest and wrapped her arms around her legs, the tone in her voice sounding even more defeated than before, “I can’t even use the Force anymore.” The very thing that made them a Jedi, seemingly stripped away.

"No?" he went, not asking, but wrangling with that admission. Even if he had mentally rallied and reached for all those imagined conversations what Amani had to tell him had carried them far away from them.

Everyone had scattered to the winds in every direction and he had just been here. Training, making himself ready for the trials. After their stand against the Bryn he had been so dedicated to preparing himself that he hadn't looked after everyone else.

Acaadi sighed. He was supposed to be a master of his own feelings to take the trials, of his body and mind. Trials could be damned, people he cared about mattered more. And he cared about Amani a lot.

"We could get some cake again?" he offered, placing a hand on her shoulder without thinking about it. "That's pretty normal."

Ryu listened to both Phalsi Drynchen Phalsi Drynchen and Kaaba and Mi Kaaba and Mi in turn before making a reply. He remained calm throughout Phalsi's irritation, considering her words. He chose to first reply to the twins. They were clearly nervous and he made a placating gesture.

"I wish to apologize to you both for any offence I caused. I don't mean to imply that either of you are criminals. What I meant to say was that a bad impression might have been made on you. Perhaps I have done so instead, and again, I'm sorry."

He looked at Phalsi once again, meeting her eyes and feeling the anger.

"I think you misunderstand my meaning, Phalsi," he said quietly "It's not about me being better than you or anyone else. It's not about Jedi being superior to other beings either. It's about being better than ourselves. I clearly have allowed my frustrations to get the better of me."

He gestured with his left hand, palm up in a reasoning manner.

"We have been given a great power. It may be through genetics or the will of the Force. Regardless, because of this, we have to hold ourselves to a higher standard."

He looked to Dagos Terrek Dagos Terrek to include him. There was none of his original irritation. Only a wish to help his student learn.

"You spoke of the Sith," he said as he looked back to the angry apprentice "Your point isn't lost on me. Yet one key difference between our Orders is that they don't care who they hurt. Their ultimate aim is power for it's own sake. We would be virtually identical in our actions if we chose to do what we wanted and when we wanted to do it."

"One small act can lead into more and more wrong. Perhaps it begins without any actual victims but often it leads to worse. Because we can tell ourselves 'this is nothing' and justify it."

He glanced to Dagos and sighed softly.

"Put the bottle back, Dagos," he said "I suspect your hangover tomorrow is going to be lesson enough. Kortyk brandy is much stronger than most other liquors. Please eat something if you haven't."

Ryuichi had seen too many people drunk on the famous Wookie beverage. He'd make sure his apprentice didn't manage to die from his actions.

Ryu listened to both Phalsi Drynchen Phalsi Drynchen and Kaaba and Mi Kaaba and Mi in turn before making a reply. He remained calm throughout Phalsi's irritation, considering her words. He chose to first reply to the twins. They were clearly nervous and he made a placating gesture.

"I wish to apologize to you both for any offence I caused. I don't mean to imply that either of you are criminals. What I meant to say was that a bad impression might have been made on you. Perhaps I have done so instead, and again, I'm sorry."

"I think you misunderstand my meaning, Phalsi," he said quietly "It's not about me being better than you or anyone else. It's not about Jedi being superior to other beings either. It's about being better than ourselves. I clearly have allowed my frustrations to get the better of me."

"We have been given a great power. It may be through genetics or the will of the Force. Regardless, because of this, we have to hold ourselves to a higher standard."

He looked to Dagos Terrek Dagos Terrek to include him. There was none of his original irritation. Only a wish to help his student learn.

"You spoke of the Sith," he said as he looked back to the angry apprentice "Your point isn't lost on me. Yet one key difference between our Orders is that they don't care who they hurt. Their ultimate aim is power for it's own sake. We would be virtually identical in our actions if we chose to do what we wanted and when we wanted to do it."

"One small act can lead into more and more wrong. Perhaps it begins without any actual victims but often it leads to worse. Because we can tell ourselves 'this is nothing' and justify it."

"Put the bottle back, Dagos," he said "I suspect your hangover tomorrow is going to be lesson enough. Kortyk brandy is much stronger than most other liquors. Please eat something if you haven't."

Ryuichi had seen too many people drunk on the famous Wookie beverage. He'd make sure his apprentice didn't manage to die from his actions.

Amani shook her head to confirm. She could hardly reconcile with the idea of not having that sensation. What that would even mean for her now. If she could even get it back. If not, could she even be a Jedi anymore? Amani couldn’t help but wonder if she’d be a knight by now if she had just stuck to her training. But trials were such a distant concept now, it hardly mattered.

"We could get some cake again? That's pretty normal."

She tensed a moment as he placed his hand on her shoulder, but the surprise quickly subsided and was replaced by a sense of calm. The faintest hint of a smile tugged at her lips at his proposal, but again she shook her head. One hand moved, and rested on top of Acaadi’s, the other still wrapped around her legs. “I’m not very hungry. Could we just… stay here for a while?”

Z89V35n.png
Cadere Cadere

Sakadi was above all things a traditionalist. Someone who followed the Jedi Code to the letter, and who's faith in the Light side of the Force never wavered. While there was a lot of good that could be said about her devotion to the old ways they were ultimately still flawed, just like any code or philosophy. In her case, it was mostly apparent in the way she perceived attachments.

The Sephi swiftly picked up where Cas left off. "Not anymore. And who told you that? The spy herself?.." Her expression grew colder. "First a Nightsister. And now an Imperial spy. What's next, marrying a Sith?" She couldn't raise her voice, let alone yell, but perhaps that only made her seem more threatening. Either way, she couldn't care less at the moment. "I knew you were hiding something. Yenna told me as much. And yet I trusted you to handle this on your own. It seems like that trust was misplaced."

Before she could add more, the Jedi Master felt the sudden cold sensation of snow hitting her cheek. She stood still for a moment, with a blank stare and her finger still raised as she processed what happened. Meanwhile, Cas burst into laughter.

She blinked once. Twice...

Then, she lashed out. With a swift sweeping motion of her arm and the aid of the Force, the Jedi Master would send a large wave of snow straight at the Kiffar, intending to bury him under a cold layer of snow.​

"Of course we can," he said. She was a little bit broken. Perhaps more than a little bit. Phalsi had pointed out that often the best thing was to just listen.

"You gave up so much to save Elise. I think that makes you more Jedi than anyone else here," he said quietly.

Acaadi couldn't help but stretch out with his feelings. Amani was there, a bright light in the Force as all living things were. There was a lack of that resonant response. No recognition on her part that he was reaching out towards her.

He felt a sudden pang of regret on her behalf. He squeezed her shoulder a little tighter and let the silence reign.

The Frozen Pond
Sakadi Marathi Sinvala Sakadi Marathi Sinvala
Naturally, Sakadi laid into him - with a harshness that even managed to break his usual defensive barriers, when it came to verbal assaults. The marrying a Sith question was kinda funny though and it took everything in his being not to respond back with something smart or slick. However, her comment on her "trust being misplaced" cut rather deep, deeper than any lightsaber or blaster bolt. Sakadi's opinion meant the world to Cas, and to hear her disappointed in him was a harsher pain than when he lost his arm on Lothal.

Fortunately, he wouldn't have to answer her grilling questions thanks to the well-timed intervention of a stray snowball. But, it didn't seem to kill the tension completely, and Cas laughing at his pissed off Master didn't help either. The look on her face, Cas knew all too well what that meant and as he attempted to diffuse the situation "Sakadi, hold on a mi--mmph!" he was buried in a tiny avalanche of snow.

It only lasted for a few seconds as Cas blasted away the snow with a small expulsion of the Force around him and in-turn sending the snow away. His expression was that of annoyance and his eyebrows curved into a frown, warm air left his mouth as he let out an exasperated exhale. "I didn't even hit you with the snowball. What? Am I not allowed to laugh?! It was funny, you stick in the mud!" he argued. Clenching his fists, Cas levitated a multitude of snow balls around him with the Force and let them hover for a few moments. Without a word, he abruptly hurled the snowballs at her one by one with the intention to hit her in mutliple areas.

Last edited:
It felt like there was so much left to say. She’d been gone for months. Left everything behind and fell into the shadows for a singular purpose. Things happened, things changed, but Amani didn’t have the strength to talk about it anymore. Not now.

That ping of the Force hummed in the back of her mind, a faint sign. But she didn’t register it; Drowned out by the flood of emotions and thoughts that kept that part of her locked away.

"You gave up so much to save Elise. I think that makes you more Jedi than anyone else here,”

The words seemed to echo, and as if on command, Amani began to choke up. She hadn’t realize just how lacking the presence of someone she cared about had been during her time in the Empire. Her hand squeezed tighter around his, a few silent tears streamed down her cheeks. Thank you. came the hitched whisper.

For some time she remained silent, eventually nestling into the back of the bench as she tried to regain composure. The chill in the air seemed to fade away, replaced by a sense of warmth. Without giving it any thought, Amani leaned against Acaadi’s shoulder and muttered, “I missed you.”

55491.gif

Equipment: Simple Jedi Robes, inherited lightsaber, light-filtering lenses, Hush-style comlink, aquata breather, liquid-cable launcher, stim pills, nutrient/food pack​
Des felt her face heat, though her expression never shifted, even as Caltin got up to retreat to the market. As he vanished into the crowd she remained still as a stone save for one claw-like nail picking at the other in her lap. She stared into space, reaching for the inner silence, trying to shut off both sides of her brain for the moment.

I was going to say I think it's great. I just hope it works out well, she thought.

Various visions came to mind then, whether, through the Force or simulating in her own way, she wasn't sure. in one possibility she simply got up and walked to the nearest transport and went back to the Rest landing pads and went back to working on her ship in drydock. In another, she glared icy daggers toward Caltin. In another, she went and hung the wooden messages on the tree. Another she pondered hitting the market. Another she stayed put. Another she went back to the Rest and spent the rest of the evening if not most of the night training until she was exhausted, and her frustration and resentment expended more constructively.

All the heavens and all of the hells are within...

Your focus determines your reality.

Old words, old discussions floated back to her across space and time. Taking a deep breath, she let it out in a sigh. Her shoulders seemed to droop a notch as she turned to regard Milya. "Hey you," she murmured quietly. "How you holding up?" There were better things to focus on, like how her roommate and friend were doing, especially in light of recent events.
zJxNdnE.png

Last edited:
Acaadi let her settle against his shoulder, allowing his arm to drape over hers in turn. When he had started this conversation he had been so stupid that he hadn't thought of the costs she must have paid to bring Elise back.

"You probably missed everyone who doesn't try and stab you in the back all the time," he said. Acaadi said this because he was still being stupid. He was trying to deflect from the fact that he enjoyed being this close to her.

"I mean...I missed you too Amani."

Amani snorted a laugh, the first genuine one she’d had in some time. It surprised even herself, that she could find humor in an otherwise humorless circumstance.

“Well, you’re not wrong.” she sniffled, rubbing the tears from her eyes.

Amani's cheeks flushed a deeper shade of green when he reciprocated. It felt like there was a moment of hesitation between them, and she shifted in place before blurting out, “Sorry. It’s obviously been, um, a while since I was around someone I could be comfortable with.”

It wasn’t untrue. So many factors were playing with her feelings as of late, that she was more or less latching on to whatever connections she could. But it seemed more like she was trying to backpedal to placate any potential awkwardness.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom