Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Faction Life Day | Open to SJC and Friends

Tags: Dagos Terrek Dagos Terrek Phalsi Drynchen Phalsi Drynchen

The pair looked surprised that the others didn't seem to realize what they did. One of them apparently tried to do a trick? It was kinda hard for the pair to understand. Then they looked at the two, picking up the silverware they dropped.

"Uh.... Nice to meet you. I'm Kaaba."

"And I'm his sister, if that wasn't obvious, Mi." The pair both spoke in monotone, and were trying to organize themselves into a somewhat humanoid look. Just with two torsos instead of one.

Ura Iolar Ura Iolar Kuxirra Tano-Bonteri Kuxirra Tano-Bonteri

In the lab?

That got a quirked brow from the Jedi Master. And when Ura asked if she was related to a Slipknot, Josh looked at Ura with a gaze that told she had some explaining to do when there was time. But his gaze softened as he considered what Kuxirra had said. She hadn't ever celebrated Life Day before. It made him feel sad, knowing all the Life Days he'd spent with the Silver Jedi, and with his own family. Sure, it'd taken him a long time to have those things, after so many years of not, but... He had them now, that's what mattered. And this one had them now, but... Well, it was still their first. They had no experience or knowing of what to do. It tugged at his heartstrings, this was where he had been not long ago, wasn't it?

Ura's voice rang in his head. Wanting to talk about something soon. The source of her anxiety, he was sure. He nodded his head as he used telepathy to send a message of his own.

"Of course."

With that, he turned to Kuxirra.

"Well, that just means we'll have to make sure your first is all the more memorable. Come! Why don't we all talk over some drinks?"

Banquet
Farrina | Others​

Amani drew out a long sigh. Farrina at least seemed to be trying to understand, trying to connect. And she deserved to know. Probably more than anyone else.

“A while back, Grandmaster Elise got captured by bounty hunters on Onderon.” She paused, trying to find where to pick up. Having figured that such news was something Farrina was probably already aware of. Then again she wasn’t really aware that the elder Galland was a Jedi either.

“I was there. I got... caught. She had to trade herself for my safety.” Amani always blamed herself for that. How is that the kind of blunder you come back from? You’re own failures leading to the Order’s actual Grandmaster getting kidnapped and taken to the Sith.

“I got a second chance on Yavin, during her transfer to the Empire. I failed again.” She squirmed in discomfort, “I... got desperate to fix my mistakes. And after what Lord Prazutis told me...” calling him that made it feel as if she was still under his influence. “The dark side was tempting. I thought I could control it, I...”

“Onderon was attacked again. I found Tarish there. He told me he could give me an in to the Sith Empire. And... that was his plan. I didn’t realize the extent of it until it was too late.”

She paused again. Her gaze never left the fire, the embers creating an illusory effect that reflected in her iris, like the red and yellow glow of a Sith’s eyes. “Elise is back, though. Barely, but... she’s back.”

Location 2: Life Day Market
Tags: Kuxirra Tano-Bonteri Kuxirra Tano-Bonteri Josh Dragovalor Josh Dragovalor

A happiness seemed to come over Ura as she looked at Kuxirra.

"Wow! He's actually a friend of mine. He tried to help me learn about food, but it still confuses me." She chuckled a little before hearing her Master, both in her head and aloud as he suggested getting something to drink. Ura's eyes showed a happy look as she would respond to the idea.

"That sounds great Master. I'd teach you some songs, but I can't really sing in Basic, and Lerdos singing... uh... requires a Lervonian ear." She would then start following them before speaking in his mind again.

"Thank you."

Tags: Valen Arenais

The Herglic Master was enjoying this time of year. He smiled as he walked through the cold snow, wearing a set of somewhat thick robes. Thankfully though his species still had their blubber. He walked along the celebration before noticing one of the newer Padawans. Valen. He could tell the young man wasn't quite happy, so he decided to walk up and check on him.

"Padawan Arenais? Happy Life Day to you young one."

((Open to interactions))

Jyoti had lost much during her Outer Rim campaigns, but now on Life Day, it was a time to remember what she still had.

So now she stood at the base of one of the huge decorated Wroshyr trees with those she treasured the most - her family. Her husband Bastian stood by her side while Casval and Artesia bounded through snow behind them, tossing the powered stuff at each other, sometimes telepathically. Normally she would have wagged her finger at the twins to settle down, but it was Life Day, and she had gone so long without them that she let it slide today. However, eventually she did wave them over as she took a knee before the tree a small force field generator in hand. Bastian meanwhile held a large chrome cylinder for her.

A fresh spike of pain rode up her lame left leg as she bent the knee. She really still needed her cane when she wasn't using the Force to enhance her mobility, but she didn't want to worry the twins by using it in front of them. There had been a reason she had yet to return to the Core so long after being crushed half to death on Nar Kreeta.

The Jedi Shadow excelled in hiding.

"It's a shame that New Holstice was overtaken by the Sith. The Jedi Monument is gone." She flipped on the generator, a small whine being produced as it powered up. "This is why I keep Great River mobile. They'll have to work to wreck the Praxeum."

Bastian kneeled beside her, unscrewing the top of the cylinder. "True, but it can always be rebuilt. Let's consider this the first step."

He uncapped the cylinder over the generator emitter, an eclipse of glowing white moths erupting into the night air. Bastion pulled away the cylinder while Jyoti flipped another switch simultaneously to activate the generator. When the moths continued to ascended, they would find their progress halted by a gentle force field. Eventually, the moths acclimated to their new surroundings, flitting about in concentric patterns.

"Mom, what's that?" Casval asked as he plopped on the snow beside her. "They're talking?!"

"Yes," she confirmed. "They're called Memory Moths. They can recite a single name whispered to them forever."

"Like who?"

"Those we wish to remember in passing...our Jedi friends at Great River helped me with the names."

"There's so many..." Artesia noted while still standing.

"Yes...there are," she agreed.

She didn't have the heart to tell her daughter that she didn't possess even remotely enough moths to cover all the dead among their ranks.

The final path of Jedi was one of sacrifice.

Vak78hD.png

Last edited:
Z89V35n.png

Cadere Cadere

Months had passed since she had last heard from Cas. Both of them had been busy with Jedi business, as usual, but they had always found some time off to talk. But as of late, that had no longer been the case. That was why the Jedi Master was happy to hear that he would be attending the Life day banquet on Kashyyyk. It gave her a good opportunity to finally let him in on some secrets she had been keeping from him. Namely the reason why she had borrowed his astromech droid, BB-5.

So when the Sephi finally had her chance to speak with the Knight she suggested doing so in privacy.

The long and mostly silent stroll took them to the a frozen pond. What few Jedi were present were all younglings, bombarding each other with volleys of snow balls. Deciding that it was for the best to avoid their battle, Sakadi opted to stay on the other side of the pond instead.

"So what have you been up to lately? I don't think I've seen you around since... the aftermath of Voss, maybe?"

The Market (On the Way to the Banquet)

Dagos Terrek Dagos Terrek was nowhere to be found at the Life Day market. But he'd arrived which told him that he was hiding from his teacher. Therefore no good could come of whatever the youth was up to. Had Ryuichi ever been that way? No, he recalled, he'd been too busy training.

He knew most Padawans weren't like he'd been. But he still sighed and shook his head. You could enjoy yourself without being a hoodlum. Dagos was not going to like him very much.

Well, he didn't anyway. But that really didn't matter. Ryu was up in the air if he was going to get his student a small Life Day momento. Now he knew there wouldn't be one. Instead, maybe he'd give him these hands....

He sighed again as he walked towards the banquet hall....

The Frozen Pond
Sakadi Marathi Sinvala Sakadi Marathi Sinvala
It had been a while since Cas and his former Master, Sakadi had had the time to have a proper conversation. But with her new role within the Order, the lack of downtime she would have was understandable and he'd had his own problems as of later anyway. Yenna had been kidnapped and the Kiffar had went through hell and back to find her, fortunately, he did and the weight of guilt was lifted from his shoulder... although a hint of it remained which Sakadi would sense fairly easily as a result of their unique bond.

Despite all of this, it was nice to speak to her again and, surprisingly, Cas welcomed the calm that filled the air of Kashyyyk currently. Stood across the frozen pond alongside the Sephi, Cas watched the Younglings' ongoing snow fight with a hungry eye as he himself was eager to jump in and 'school' some of the kids. But first, the Kiffar and Sephi owed each other a much needed catch-up.

"I've been... around." Cas responded, casting Sakadi a sideways glance as he folded his arms "I was there when we lost to the Bryn on Nar Kreeta - and, for the past few weeks I'd been hunting down Yenna." the Knight elaborated, far removed from his usual chirpy and upbeat tone of voice, what replaced it was a still, composed voice, something others rarely got to hear with Cas "I found her. She's okay." he concluded, a guilty undertone hidden in his voice.

Properly turning his head to face the lavendar-skinned Master "Are you okay? BB-5 wouldn't tell me anything." the Knight asked, concerned.

Her initial reaction had been to the one who fell, failing completely to notice the levrons that had been present also. Levron? She watched them form into one being that split at the waist, her head tilting slightly as she turned her gaze back to Dagos Terrek Dagos Terrek with a now genuine smile. He was taking it in stride at least.

"Good, getting better with food." Her brow arched at mention of further tricks though, keeping herself from chuckling. "Hopefully none that end with you doing crunches on the ground." The tone was teasing but the smile was not. She eyed the bottle for a moment, thinking back to her soup before shaking her head.

"Naw. That's your prize." The smile changed to a grin, gaze turning to the bar in the distance. "Would get it out of here pretty quick though, they are a stingy bunch."

"Phalsi."
She replied to the dou...trio? She had met Ura Iolar Ura Iolar previously, but the twins Kaaba and Mi Kaaba and Mi were a new sight. "Can't say I've seen you two around. Come for the festival?" The question was directed at the twins, eyes fixed on the spoons before glancing to Dagos and speaking. "If you need to sit down, you can sit with me."

Aberrant

A
She quieted, listening to the padawan explain the series of events. The lot of it pieced together in the small group that had come together to oversee the Galland's final farewell. It was one thing to speculate, and another to receive the details firsthand. Onderon had been the start of it all, with the bounty hunters capturing the grandmaster, and Amani's feeling of responsibility for that capture.

Personal feelings had a way of doing that to young people, nothing that could be helped in her own opinion. Part of the wonder of being young was the near infallible belief that they could right the wrongs of the galaxy.

Part of what let them do the impossible.

The transfer of Elise on Yavin had been another stumble, one that ultimately led to the young one stepping to the dark side to fix the error. An understandable assumption given the situation. Farrina's eyes moved slightly as the story went on, as if compiling mental notes while she was silent with her hands cupped together in front of her.

Onderon once more, and Tarish using himself as the final piece of her plan without her knowing until it was too late. The final admission of success was marred by something, but that wasn't for her to be concerned about.

"You succeeded then." She spoke quietly, her gaze falling to her feet before slowly moving to Amani Serys Amani Serys . The words weren't sugar coated, nor were they comforting or meant as such. Objective and concise in their intent. A combatant assessing post battle results. "You pulled off the impossible by rescuing a grandmaster of the order, from deep within enemy territory, even at great personal cost."

Her eyes stared into the middle distance after peeling away from the padawan. It took her a moment longer to speak again.

"Tarish would be pleased that you succeeded. That you followed through with what you set out to do." A long, final sigh came from her as she stood and brushed herself off. "You pushed through a myriad of emotions on your own while staying focused on your goal. Admirable."

"Knight Farrina Galland, Miss Serys. Thank you for speaking with me."
Sapphire eyes stared sharply for a second as she looked her over, pondering her phrasing. "If you need to speak with someone without being judged, I will be here. For now, I will give you peace. I am sorry to have disturbed you to dredge up the past."

Z89V35n.png

Cadere Cadere

Sakadi remained silent as Cas spoke. Nar Kreeta. It was one of the few battlefronts she hadn't been present at. Not once had she personally engaged the Bryn'adul in combat. She had only ever dealt with the aftermath, a task equally as important, but perhaps less notable. What followed, however, took her by surprise.

"Hunting down Yenna?... What happened?" No one had told her, and only now did she notice the guilt her former Padawan had carried. "Regardless of what took place, I'm glad to hear that you found her and that's she's doing well." She knew how it felt, the whispers, the fear and most of all, the never ending guilt. Knowing that the person you took under your wing was in grave danger... It gnawed at your mind, just like the feeling that you could've made a difference. She knew it all too well. "Don't blame yourself for what happened. Despite our connections to the Force... despite our power... we can't protect and save everyone." It was hypocritical, coming from her. "Just try to be there for those you saved, instead of lingering on those you couldn't." It was more of a reminder to herself, than wisdom she hoped to bestow on the Knight. Nevertheless, it felt applicable to this conversation.

The shift in subject caused her to swiftly avert her gaze. "I.... could be doing better." She truthfully admitted. "I did everything I could to make up for some of my failures in the past." The Sephi clenched her lavender fist, knuckles growing a slightly darker shade of purple. "But it wasn't enough." The first time she ran. The second time she had been unable to finish what she started. "And now, as a member of the Silver Assembly, I can't afford to try again." It was the painful truth. If the Imperial intelligence got their hands on only half what she knew, it would be enough to bring devastating blows to the Concord. It was a risk she couldn't afford to take.​

"Would get it out of here pretty quick though, they are a stingy bunch." Phalsi Drynchen Phalsi Drynchen suggested after a bit more banter about flips and tricks.

“They would never catch me.” Dagos said cocky as only teen boy talking to a girl could be. He wanted to be cool, or uh, he was cool. She probably thought so too. Right? No doubt.

As the mechanic girl, Phalsi, introduced herself, Dagos unscrewed the top to his pilfered prize and took a drink. That chit burned. He coughed just a little, not too much as to not seem like the cool guy that he was but boy that chit was tough boy.

One more drink, smaller this time and no cough at all. Phalsi mentioned having not seen the two sand people, uh sand persons? People made of sand? He wasn’t trying to be rude. But it seemed like he weren’t the only new person around.

“What’s with the spoons?” he asked Kaaba and Mi Kaaba and Mi giggling. He wasn’t being malicious or making fun he just found it sort of silly.

"If you need to sit down, you can sit with me." Phalsi offered.

“Word?” He was still very cool. “That would be dope. Wouldn't want your food to get cold anyway” He took another sip off the yak and screwed the top back on. Better to pace onesself.

“Ya’ll wanna come too?” he asked the twins, who he tried not to stare at in spite of his amazement. He had just never seen anything like them before.

Banquet
Farrina | Others​

Amani shrugged halfheartedly, unable to really accept the impressive feat of her success underneath the cost it had wrought.

She almost failed. So many times. It was by pure chance that she found what she was looking for. “It kept me grounded. His sacrifice. I carried his lightsaber with me everywhere, to remind myself why I was doing this. Because if I failed, then he died for nothing.” At least Amani could accept that. His death hadn't been a waste. But the trade of one life for another didn't feel right here. And it couldn’t fill in the void left behind, for her and others he no doubt knew.

Farrina seemed content with the explanation she had been given, much to Amani’s surprise, though she didn’t show it. Without a word, she rested her hand on Farrina’s. A silent apology, a silent comfort. For who it was unclear, but both would work well enough. She waited some time shifting again. With her other hand she reached over to unhook the hilt of Tarish’s lightsaber, holding it out to offer it to Farrina, if she wanted it.

Last edited:
It was nice to be back on Kashyyyk.

And it was a very special occasion indeed: Life Day. As Inara walked towards the clearing, clad in a warm sweater, a hat, and scarf, she reflected about the year that had passed. Last year, she'd been in basic training and missed going home for Life Day. Though she was no longer in training, she wouldn't be going home to Chalacta this year, either. It was bittersweet, but she'd had a good holo-call with her family and they were doing well. They'd received the gifts she'd sent, too.

But, Inara had other reasons to be cheerful today. Being alive and well was one of them, being able to do good and help people was another, and being able to see Mathieu was one of the best. The two had spent quite a lot of time apart, but had reunited in time to spend the holiday together. She'd cherish this time, for the future was always uncertain for the soldier (and the Jedi, too).

As she enter the clearing, she was drawn to a large evergreen tree that was decorated with small wooden plaques. A soft smile found her face as she read some of the things written on them, and her attention shifted to the blank ones that sat on the table nearby. Setting down a tin and a gift bag, she took up a pen and let herself fall into thoughtful reflection.

“Keep them safe.” Inara wrote on her plaque and turned to look for a good spot to hang it.

'Them,' of course being her family – and Mathieu, too. There was an empty spot, but as Inara stood on her toes and stretched her arm up... it was just beyond her reach.

Mathieu Brion Mathieu Brion

The Frozen Pond
Sakadi Marathi Sinvala Sakadi Marathi Sinvala
Talking about Yenna's disappearance was still a sore subject and Cas had preferred not to continue the topic any further. However, Sakadi's next choice of words made him realise she must have sensed his guilt and thus the Jedi Knight quickly retreated into himself and closed off his feelings within the Force so Sakadi could no longer sense how he was feeling. The Sephi's words echoed in the Knight's mind.

"Don't blame yourself for what happened. Despite our connections to the Force... despite our power... we can't protect and save everyone."

Yeah, that was something Cas was struggling to learn, and accepting it felt impossible. As an idealistic boy he had the goal to save everyone and purge the galaxy of evil, but as he grew older he realised how naive that dream was but it was still hard to let go of. So, although unintentional, Sakadi's words hit Cas hard which forced him to avert his gaze.

Thankfully, he was able to deflect focus onto her and as she spoke Cas turned to face her. His otherwise hardened expression softened as she spoke, it was cryptic but through her words the Kiffar could sense sadness and guilt within her. It was... strange to hear her sound so defeated. Letting out a sympathetic sigh, Cas reached out to Sakadi and placed a hand gently onto her shoulder "I have no idea what you're talking about." Cas admitted, albeit teasingly, and with a small smile "But I know you, if you tried everything - then nothing could have been done about it." he stated, in hopes of reassuring her. He paused for a moment and his head hung low slightly, Cas snickered quietly "So, the Silver Assembly huh?"

Tags: Dagos Terrek Dagos Terrek Phalsi Drynchen Phalsi Drynchen

Mi seemed to turn her focus a little more to Phalsi as she ask if they were there for the festival. She noted that she'd never seen the two before, but she seemed to not be as weirded out as Dagos. Had she met one of their kind before?

"Oh! Uh.... Yeah. Kind of. We... haven't been out much since...." She stopped before going further clearly worried about saying too much, if she really could. Her brother wasn't fairing much better as he tried to answer Dagos question about all the spoons.

"Um.... Well you see... we're... selling them." Darn it! Why wasn't he good at getting caught? The two looked at each other for a moment, having had some focus on the other's conversation. Part of each wondered if that would be it, and they'd go back to their root hollow, but then Dagos asked if they wanted to join him. The pair looked at each other, then back at Dagos and Phalsi.

"That.... Yeah!"

"That'd be awesome!"

Acaadi enjoyed the way the thin layer of snow crunched beneath his boots. The light dusting turned to a compact layer underfoot. He realised other people had baked things for the meeting and felt a little guilty to have not joined in.

The air was crisp. It was a pleasant respite from the training. Acaadi hadn't made anything because he hadn't expected to come here. So many things had changed and he had turned his focus to his training. Acaadi hadn't taken much time for himself.

Acaadi wasn't here because he felt the need to finally take a break.

He was here because Amani Serys Amani Serys was.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom