Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Faction Life Day | Open to SJC and Friends

Acaadi was eighteen and therefore everything was awkward. His social life had been close to nonexistent for months. There had just been a simple routine of waking, training, leaning and eating every day. The days had started to slip into one another and then the weeks had done so too.

"Of course," he said softly. He didn't really know quite what she meant. She shifted as if she was embarrassed for opening up this way.

Acaadi had spent all this time trying to control his emotions. Ever since he had strayed a little close to the darkness. Now he was struggling to marshal his own feelings. It was only when he said the words that it struck him just how much he had missed her. That could wait for another day. What she needed now was to feel as if she could be safe here again.

"I'm here if you just need a shoulder to cry on, yeah?" he added, giving her shoulder a gentle squeeze.

“Yeah. Thanks.” Amani found herself playing their conversation over again in her head. Had she made it more awkward? Emotions were weird. Trying to diagnose the things she felt through a clinical lens used to be a lot easier. A good way to dismiss anything that seemed atypical as if it were independent of herself. But deep down, she knew self-analysis always felt more like grasping at straws for an excuse, and here it only seemed to mix signals.

Now, having spent months that were both emotionally disconnected and yet entirely fueled by emotion had changed her. The truth was, Amani didn’t know what she was feeling right now. Other than that, right now, she felt comfortable and safe next to him. Which was a lot more than she could say about anything else in a long while. “You’re sweet, Acaadi. Really.”

Amani nestled in closer to him, and an overwhelming sense of tiredness overcame her. All those months of exhaustion finally catching up. The padawan’s weary gaze shifted to the dancing snowflakes. It felt so peaceful. She had heard Mirial was supposed to be cold. She wondered if it was anything like that. “This is nice.” Amani murmured, trailing off as heavy eyelids won out. They really needed to catch up. Maybe later. She sunk in, and quietly dozed off.

It was his turn to blush. Humans didn't tend to always recognise the faint darkening of a mirialan's cheeks but he was still well aware of the warmth.

It didn't really matter. He sensed her slipping into a light slumber within a few seconds. Acaadi was left wide awake, juggling a myriad of emotions. He was also very aware that he was sat on a bench not far from the festivities with Amani snuggled into his shoulder and fast asleep.

Despite being a teenager, this time the gladness that she had felt comfortable enough to let her exhaustion take her outweighed any care he had for perceptions.

He couldn't even begin to imagine what she had been through. He would listen and find out when she wanted to tell him.

“Whatever man.” Dagos muttered under his breath as he got unsteadily to his feet to return the bottle. Even the softening of Ryuchi Ryo’s demeanor couldnt pierce through Dagos’ youth and the drink.

If he were older, more mature or even just less tipsy maybe Dagos could have seen the positive in his tutor’s message or the kindness in Phalsi’s defense of him and the twins. But no, Dagos could only hear the sharpness and disappointment from the Jedi Knight and could only hear how his fellow padawan saw him as nothing more than some kid. In truth he was only some kid and was sure acting like it but to his mind, alcohol or no, he was hurt that someone he hoped would be a friend looked down upon him so.

Dagos took another drink as he walked toward the bar petulant anger coming off of him in waves. Nothing alarming just the natural feeling of a teenage boy who felt he was not being taken as seriously as he deserved.

Dagos got to the bar and the wookie who was working it growled something in its native language toward him and the young Karuni just shrugged and set the bottle down on the bar in front of the tall canine-esque alien.

“Sorry.” He said plainly and perfunctory. He wasn’t exactly sure what he was apologizing for but he knew it was expected of him.

When Dagos returned to the table he sat back down but this time he sat with his back toward Phalsi and ignored those who were around him. He had nothing to say to the ‘adults’ who were present but he supposed he would speak if the situation required it.

Ryuchi Ryo Ryuchi Ryo Phalsi Drynchen Phalsi Drynchen Kaaba and Mi Kaaba and Mi

Last edited:
Jedi Maverick
Codex Judge
(OOC: The following is a letter sent to Aveline and Kayla. The letter contains two copies of the pic below drawn by the talented: trash can (tumblr.com) )

To Aveline Cuiléin Aveline Cuiléin and Kayla Luspark Kayla Luspark

image0.jpg

I'm sorry I couldn't make it to the Life Day Festivals, I meant to come and join you guys but there are things that I need to take care of. I can't speak on them I'm sorry, I hope you guys understand. I left you with a portrait of us during simpler times when things slowed down and we were able to unwind and just talk about anything other than politics and plotting and all that drivel. This picture..... I'm sending both of you is just to show how much you two mean to me. You may not have known it but you two have helped me climb out of a hole that I was in. Believe me when I say that before I met you guys, it was a dark period in my life filled with alcohol and long missions. I care for the both of you more than you know and that I'll anything for the two of you. Aveline, Kayla I wish I can be there with you now to present this picture personally but we will meet again soon I know it.

Love from,

Jax

Ryuchi Ryo Ryuchi Ryo Kaaba and Mi Kaaba and Mi Dagos Terrek Dagos Terrek

Phalsi remained quiet through the rebuttal, her gaze reconsidering as the irritation began to ebb away. He spoke, even apologizing to the twins before speaking from his point. He made excellent points, and as she calmed, she could agree with most of them. Her own experience had perhaps tainted her view, but she still held firm in the belief no one was above question.

"Some take the belief and skew it that they are above others. But, we all should be humble enough to be recognize and welcome humility when it comes knocking." She spoke quietly, a now genuine smile appearing as he eased off a little. "And that you have."

"And yes, one small act can lead down that path. For both offender and the judiciary."
He motioned for Dagos to put the bottle back, remarking about the brand and her eyes went wide for a moment.

"Good grief, that can strip paint from durasteel! Get something in your stomach!" She had calmed enough her mood had switched to concern instead of irritation. "I wouldn't drink that until after a meal, never mind without!"

She felt Allyson before she saw her, a smile creeping up on her face as she rose to her feet once more. However, said smile almost turn to a grimace as a new shot of pain bloomed through her leg.

Neural blockers next time.

Artesia and Casval practically pounced on the Corellian before Jyoti could so much as turn, which elicited a rumble of laughter from Bastian.

"Well, well...this is a surprise, but not an unwelcome one."

For now, Jyoti still towered over her children, so she could reach out and tap the brunette on the shoulder. However, the days were fast approaching that they would overtake her with the onset of puberty. She could hardly believe how much they had grown. She almost didn't want them to, because she knew what was to come next.

"I appreciate it, especially as you are occupied on other fronts. Still doing good things."

She turned her head to glance at the moths before returning to Allyson. "Yes, they are quite beautiful. There used to be a Jedi memorial on New Holstice that featured them, an immortal monument to all Jedi lost. Hoping to rebuild it on the Silver Rest."

Allyson Locke Allyson Locke

Last edited:
Tags: Phalsi Drynchen Phalsi Drynchen Dagos Terrek Dagos Terrek Ryuchi Ryo Ryuchi Ryo

The twins looked at Ryuchi, nodding a little.

"Apology accepted."

"Yeah. It's ok." They would then watch Phalsi and Dagos, not quite sure how to respond to organics. They were still learning to link tone with emotion, something that Lervon didn't use naturally like organics. The pair looked at each other before speaking up, clearly confused at what to do.

"So.... Uh.... What do you two usually do for training and what not?"

Kayla Luspark

Genius, Billionairess, Playgirl, Fighter Pilot

al7AMq.jpg

Equipment: Standard flight suit, heavy blaster pistol, REC-SS01 X-wing Space Superiority Starfighter
Companion: "Vido" V-2 Series "Minimech" Astromech

Kayla studied the portrait after reading the letter. It had been sent via the Holonet and printed on flimsi, of course. Handed off to her by a Wookiee courier she found her heart sinking a little. It was bad enough being away from Corellia for the holidays. Or at least away from the rest of her squadron. They'd become like family. But among the Concord people, she was quickly making other friends. Her mind wandered to Aveline in the image, as much as it did Jax. If only times were simpler and better.

Pulling out her comlink and a small holocorder she cleared her throat and set it to record. "Hey. got your message. I hope wherever you are, you are okay, and you're safe. Please be safe, Jax." She paused for a moment, looking as though she wanted to say more, to add something else, then cleared her throat, blinking rapidly a few times. "Love the portrait. I'm holding onto it until I can get it framed. But I'll keep a miniature version with me. Tell BB I said to behave himself and lay off the pizza." After a moment she blew a kiss into the recording and then gave a small wave.

With the flick of a wrist, she sent the message speeding out across the holonet, then went to see if she could find Aveline somewhere on the grounds. She felt bad for ignoring the Wookiees, but she didn't know Shyriiwook, so she accosted anyone she could that looked like they spoke Basic.
VB0MQiD.png

Location 2: Life Day Market
Tags: Kuxirra Tano-Bonteri Kuxirra Tano-Bonteri Josh Dragovalor Josh Dragovalor

Ura chuckled a little, shaking her head.

"Nope, at least not in the same sense as you. We still take in energy, just differently."
Kuxirra grinned. "That's really cool!"

"Aye. It's always interesting learning about the unique aspects of different races" the Jedi Master agreed with a soft smile. "It's something I enjoy about the Silver Jedi. Getting to meet more different sorts, and getting to learn new things almost every day. It's one of the best things about being a Jedi, really."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom