Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Faction Life Day Extravaganza (The Sith Order/Allies)

Liar.png

WEARING: xxx
TAG: Gerwald Lechner Gerwald Lechner | OPEN

Naedira noted his discomfort with a tie and the formal attire Gerwald had donned. Mostly, for her benefit. She couldn't help but feel a twinge of guilt but it was mollified by how easily he fit the mold. How well he filled out such fabric, even, if it was against his nature. He felt the need to represent his Mistress even when the woman had been largely absent from their lives. She still dropped by their home on Jutrand to provide Naedira with regular examinations to ensure her molecular integrity wasn't degrading—But after Korriban the Empress let them be.

Perhaps the mysterious woman knew they needed space.

His unease with the locale was a small price to pay for the image they needed to uphold – a united front in a world where appearances could mean the difference between respect and ridicule.

"Of course…", she responded softly, kindly, while taking the tie from Gerwald. Her fingers worked deftly, tying with practiced ease. The auburn-haired Nabooian had memories of doing something similar for someone else but she couldn't place their face or name. It was ironic that she hadn't been able to recall what a fork was for upon her rebirth—But she could, in fact, tie a tie. It was a small gesture…But it spoke volumes about their relationship. "There…All done."

She smoothed it and straightened his collar.

Another thing she could recall doing, but it was so very…very long ago. As they moved through the Life Day gathering, she kept her head ducked. Low. She was reminiscing about the previous event they'd attended with some measure of apprehension. It had been chaotic, dangerous, and steeped in ritualistic power plays that had ultimately cost more than Naedira had anticipated for a Masquerade. It was a mental toll more than anything. The price of witnessing sacrifice, offerings, to the Darkside.

She admired that Gerwald wished for a peaceful evening but she wasn't holding her breath.

They were Sith.

There was always something.

Naedira let the broad-shouldered man at her side take the lead, but Darth Xyrah Darth Xyrah was already speeding away and Darth Carnifex Darth Carnifex …Well…He left her very, very unsettled. He was related to the Mountain that had beat her bloody, literally, to death in the skies of Tanaab. She doubted the former Emperor recognized her from one grain of sand to the next and she wanted to keep it that way. It did not pay to be on the radar of the powerful and pitiless. She would offer Darth Xyrah Darth Xyrah her thanks when he seemed a little less harried. Still…It left her wide eyed to witness the absolute splendor before them.

The palace of the Sith Emperor on Jutrand was a masterful feat of architecture and nobility but the Golden City had taken it to a whole new level of opulence. Jutrand was technological, synth, and almost artificial in nature while Eliad seemed to have depleted the gold resources from the entire quadrant. It was wonder that they hadn't been able to see it glimmering from space. The Empress and her husband peeled away, toward the dancefloor, and Naedira was relieved to do the same.

She hadn't missed the silent interaction between Gerald and the Dread Queen.

"Did that have some special significance that we need to worry about?"

Her question wasn't based in jealousy or worry that there was something going on between the pale queen and the tall warrior. It was an assumption that he was being placed on alert. That…She was readying him for some sort of unspoken thread. Never did she assume that it was simply a "hello" after an extended absence. The imperial couple weren't…human. Not near-human or anything else remotely close to it. She was sure that there were others in the room that knew it…

But Naedira had suffered at the hands of Sith royalty twice over.

One of them had put her in hell.

Another had ripped her out it…Piece by piece. Before reassembling so much tissue, bone, and memories into what passed for a workable, functional, sentient creature.

But she was a creature all the same. Sithspawn, in truth. Built to serve.

There was a strength and security to be found with Gerwald and Naedira leaned into that. She didn't care that it made her seem dependent, when really, she was. When they danced the mood seemed a little less dour and she could forget the circumstances that had given them a second chance. The mention of a gift and a private celebration intrigued her, though. He was terrible at keeping secrets. "And what might that be?", she asked, though, the light sway they'd fallen to was distracting.

They could leave presently and Naedira would have called the party a success.

Amidst the swirling gowns and clinking glasses, she was sure there were darker themes running through cordial conversation and business deals. Naedira felt a sense of pride and affection for the man who had become her partner. "You know…That's not fair to mention it and not tell me."

Her lips formed a pout, petulant, but her hand fell into his regardless.

"Shouldn't you…Mingle?"

Get to know some of the Sith other than her? That was the point of this function…Wasn't it? Naedira could have been misplacing the thought, but there were so many Sith who didn't know each other outside of an opportunistic dossier. Wouldn't it be easier in the future if they at least knew what to expect from each other?

"It looks like there are quite a few younger members of the Order here…", it was a solid observation, though, Naedira couldn't help but wonder if they felt the same gravitas that she did. She held some measure of power but didn't really understand it. She had been posthumously named a Master but the well-dressed woman didn't really know if she deserved such an honor.

She'd been dead for most of it.

"Recruitment might be up…Or the old are finally showing their age. Sending others in their place as this may run past their bedtime..."

"I believe Darth Revan wrote to great ends about the Sith's insistence to break and rebuild, that it was our greatest strength - and our greatest weakness. Would you have me do as was done, break and rebuild our Order in my image, again and again?", he mused with a tonality only Srina would understand as coy, unserious. It was true that up until this point, he had schemed and plotted the downfall of every Triumvirate to face him - and now he reigned alone atop. Despite the Kainites influence over the holy worlds, the core worlds were ever his, and his power had grown to dwarf theres through the now ubiquitous imperial bloc.​
"I am your constant because I refuse to leave.", he said once more with that poor excuse for coyness, sounding more like the grating tones of someone on the brink of anger. He hated how he could not play with his tone as he once had - manipulating his corpse of a body was strain enough, but to do so with such delicacy anywhere but a fight was far too much concentration.​
"But - perhaps you are right. Despite what many of them say, even now, I am not sure the Order would survive just yet without my control.", he said, metal eyes glancing towards the edges of their circle. Eyes took careful glances at them, unwittingly revealing themselves. Few knew the depths of his eyes and what they were capable of seeing.​
"Yet as soon as it is able, I believe it may be time to consider it. Be it my death, or my reincarnation, the Worm will be dealt with when we have but a moment to spare."​

Revna listened to the wolf-man without interruption, musing on his words for a few moments. She smiled slightly, despite herself, upon hearing his first statement. Whether intended or not, she caught onto a veiled warning; at least, she took it as a word of caution. “I suppose anyone who is new will have to learn to discern who the wrong people are to upset, and the wrong people are to ally themselves to. Such a social gathering like this seems like a decent place to start figuring that out.

Her gaze was drawn to the center of the throne chamber, where practically everyone was giving the Sith Emperor and Empress a wide berth to let them dance. She tilted her head ever so slightly as she watched them in silence for a few moments, before her gaze moved on to others. She could hear snippets of conversation from others close by and she listened in occasionally if anything interesting caught her attention.

I would agree…the unknown of who might make it and who might not sounds very entertaining. Who knows how many of these people here will still be around by the passing of next year’s Life Day. What about you? What is it that you do?” the little woman asked the looming figure beside her, hopeful to glean some sort of knowledge about this strange wolf-man.

TAGS:
Vazz Vazz
OPEN

"Without me, there is no force." - Darth Valor

Darth Valor

Darth Valor, sensing an interesting conversation, approached the pair with an air of silent authority. His presence was like a subtle shift in the atmosphere, a prelude to his arrival. The dark cloak billowed around him as he joined the conversation, his deep voice cutting through the ambient chatter.

"A wise observation, Revna," he remarked, acknowledging her astuteness about the intricacies of the gathering. His gaze shifted to the wolf-man, and a subtle but undeniable air of power emanated from him. "In such a sea of faces, alliances and animosities are as unpredictable as the shifting tides of the Force."

He then turned his attention to the wolf-man directly, his piercing eyes studying him with an intensity that seemed to probe beyond the surface. "A wolf in the midst of intrigue. Fascinating. What tales do you carry, creature of the shadows?" Valor's words held a blend of curiosity and a hint of amusement, as if the unfolding story pleased him.

Tags: Vazz Vazz Revna Revna

Relationship Status: It's Complicated
Liar.png

WEARING: xxx
WEAPONS: Wolfsbane | Ferrum Solus | Blodmåne | Strømafbryder
TAG: Naedira Darcrath Naedira Darcrath | Annika Starfire Annika Starfire | Open

There were parts of their more domestic lifestyle which Gerwald found enjoyment in. Naedira seemed to ease into the things she remembered to do, or learned to do again. Gerwald cooked when he was home to do so. Even if his diet and palette preferred things to be a bit more raw than he dared try with his lover. They were still learning the extent of what the demon had done to her. The pair could not simply be, or exist, as they wanted to, as Gerwald wished they could. He was content to have her back, but the wolves each of them harbored had tasted their passion.

They were not content.

Gerwald often knew what it was his wolf truly wanted.

A brief kiss on the woman’s forehead was all the Lupo would dare in response to her affectionate care and help with his tie and collar. Anything more would threaten something neither of them wished to control in the moment. If Gerwald did not keep his own passions in check now, the she-wolf would stir and try to tear its way out of Naedira once again. They were making progress, but they had also agreed to attend the party. It seemed Naedira had fallen back into another role… pushing Gerwald into the open.

His eyes closed briefly, and when they opened again he wore a wide smile. Whatever his hopes for the night were, be they naive or not, he would be spending it with Naedira. They would arrive together, as they had at the last one. The days where he hoped she would be in attendance were gone. It was enough to make him happy no matter what the night had in store.

Sith or not.

The wolf usually felt ignored at social functions. Despite the fact he towered over many in the room, the Lupo often felt lost in a crowd. Even when he led the Knights Obsidian, fraternizing was not something Gerwald was good at. Following his Echani Mistress and her husband, his benefactor, into the room was as close to fitting in as Gerwald would likely come for the evening.

Naturally all eyes fell to the royal couple. Darth Empyrean Darth Empyrean himself was imposing, an intimidating figure to those who did not know him. To know him would be to fear him more. Srina Talon Srina Talon , Darth Omnia, was in appearance the exact opposite of her husband. To the eye she was petite, fragile, breakable, but she was none of those things. Her aura exuded a power that commanded a room, yet, the woman did not lord it over anyone unless no other course could be taken. Rather, Srina Talon was often the neck which turned the head.

In this instance it took only a gentle touch of the Lupine’s shoulder as the Echani passed by. A look passed between them communicating something only the two would immediately recognize.

Familiarity.

She had been distant since the last event. Gerwald could not say he liked it, but he could not say he hated it either. For the first time since Naedira had been revived, Srina’s absence had given them privacy without wondering when she would arrive. Her intent had been to acknowledge her wolf, a daring thing in public when the others simply knew him as the Emperor’s Wrath. Perhaps Naedira was correct and Gerwald needed to be on his guard, but Srina had not explicitly instructed him to do anything.

“No. It was simply her way of recognizing our presence.”

The wolf smiled he canted his head toward the couple as they departed, and briefly gave his gaze to the mercury orbs of the Empress.

“That does not mean we should let our guard down.”

Eyes moved to Alisteri as the wolf grew quiet. His thoughts would be all the Naedira would hear from him in regards to the master assassin. His master was dead. The Tsis’kaar were in shambles. Alisteri laid the blame at the emperor’s feet. Could he not see it had been Ophidia herself which had betrayed the Dead God? It caused Gerwald to be more cautious than her reservations of Darth Carnifex Darth Carnifex . Naedira was right to be wary of his familial connection to the Mountain, but she did not need to fear he would follow suit.

The same touch which had said hello just moments before would also serve as a mark of possession and protection. Carnifex would know one simple truth from that exchange.

The wolf belonged to Srina, and by extension what was his.

For now, nothing was happening. They could dance.

“The gift is a box,” Gerwald teased.

He was horrific at keeping a secret, or perhaps it was simply that once the gift had been secured he wanted to give it. This particular occasion had been a long time coming. The wolf was simply waiting for the right moment to offer what he had fashioned upon his ascension to Lord Commander. No one knew the crystal for that blade had come with a companion, one the Force had not allowed him to use for an identical weapon. Just because the gift was a box did not mean there was nothing else inside of it.

Naedira teased him of course. Clearly he could not tell her about a gift without giving it, but there was also some fun in making sure she knew of its existence. It was a short lived movement, however, as Naedira drew Gerwald’s attention back to why they were there in the first place. They needed to mingle.

Her observation seemed to be correct that younger members of the order seemed to be more in attendance than the older members. Gerwald could not help but let out a hearty laugh direct from his belly at the notion of a bedtime for older Sith. It was likely loud enough to draw attention, something of an echoing laugh rang through the ballroom. While he was not dressed like a barbaric warrior, the Lupine would always be one at heart and nature.

He was a wolf after all.

“We should mingle, yes.”

Gerwald remembered a time when he would have told her no. He had. The wolf had learned enough from Srina, Lunara, even Metus, that the Lord Commander needed to be visible. In this instance it was similar. The Sith Order needed to see the Emperor’s Wrath. They needed to know they did not not need to fear what was not aimed at them. Tonight was about earning respect, which would in turn guarantee their fear.

His eyes settled on a girl ( Annika Starfire Annika Starfire ), one which wore a dress which seemed to change color. It was not something a wallflower would do, draw attention to themselves. Was she being ignored, or was she more shy than the Lupine thought. Either way, Gerwald motioned his head toward the girl.

“She does not seem to be engaged. Perhaps we could make an ally of that one?”

That was the purpose of mingling… was it not?

sith-red.png

"I hunt."

That was all he was going to say in that regard, given how he plopped another bit of crab into his mouth. He was for all intents and purposes a hunter. That, and another had approached anyway. He glanced to Darth Valor, canting his head to the side. "And while I hunt, it does not mean I am a some wolf. Those are animals. I do not call you people monkeys."

He grumbled, just a little. No, he wasn't a fan of being called an animal. Especially not a wolf. They were pack creatures, where the lone wolf would die. And he was very, very comfortable being by himself.

"Whatever tales I have, though, I like to keep to myself. That's how my work is, after all."

Darth Valor Darth Valor | Revna Revna

A small, dark smile touched Revna’s ivory toned face with the wolf-man’s response. She could understand being a hunter, a predator ever watchful for its prey. She was about to carry on the conversation when her gaze snapped towards a cloaked individual who seemed to be making his way directly towards them. Her gaze narrowed as the newcomer approached with an air of authority and presence that went out before him, evoking a response within Revna that she was not expecting to feel: a sense of defiance touched by an air of...dominance? It was as if her own darkness responded to his and she felt it rise up, uncoiling like a serpent to wrap around her and push back against the newcomer’s display of authority. The way he presented himself reminded her strongly of a former slave-master she had known, and of course that didn’t settle too well with her.

The tall Sith male stopped just before them, bringing himself into the conversation without any hesitation, and remarked on her observations, even going so far as to say her name. That made her tilt her head as her sole attention fell upon him. She gave the Sith man an obvious look-over, before settling her gaze directly on his boldly and fearlessly. She didn’t remember seeing him around when her Sith mentor introduced her to Lady Tremiru. How in the feth had he come by her name, then?

I don’t recall seeing or speaking to you before. Who might you be, and how is it that you know my name? I certainly didn't share with you.” she asked him, forcing her voice to be polite while also purposefully leaving off rank formalities. Her suddenly feisty attitude may get her in trouble, as truthfully she had no idea to whom she was speaking to, or what kind of authority he actually carried...but for some reason she didn't care in the moment.

She suppressed a small smirk as she heard the wolf-man beside her comment back to the newcomer’s choice of words to him, and she pulled her arms behind her back-almost a mirror of what her Sith mentor did-as she found herself on the listening end of their conversation.

Vazz Vazz
Darth Valor Darth Valor
OPEN

His appearance was heralded by a silence that a pin drop could break, as his cloak billowed after him as he took his first steps into the room of the Golden Palace where this Life Day celebration was to take place. He had arrived hours after the invitation had informed him too, and his garments were far from what you would expect from a noble simply attending a ball, party, or celebration.

There was no suit, there was no formal wear, his hair had not been trimmed and maintained to look its best, he had not undertaken the rituals that he had been taught since birth, to look his best, to represent himself as the very pride of the House of Marr.

No.

Today he was dressed for battle, decked out in phrik, reflec, metals, and leathers, he was held in place by a suit of another form.

Armour.

For those who recognised the piece, it was a conversation-stopping matter. Akin to the pieces once worn by the Inquisitors of the Galatic Empire that had driven fear into the hearts of the enemies of Darth Sidious, it had been modified, a process which had taken several months, to maintain every important part of it, every detail, almost treated like a holy relic, it was modified only to make it wearable by his form. Malum would have it no other way.

For, after all, the last who wore the armour had been Darth Ophidia.

He basked in the emotions driven out of their forms by his arrival, red eyes glimmered in the darkness of the small alcove provided in the gap between his face, and the mask upon his face. To bring them further doubt, to bring them further question. Modified or not, had Darth Ophidia returned, as she had once, long ago?

He passed by figures rapt in conversation, noting them in his mind's eye for future matters. He saw Darth Strosius Darth Strosius in a tense angry conversation with Alina Tremiru Alina Tremiru , before both seemed to mutually break off, considering what he heard of their last interaction, it seemed surprisingly cordial. He saw Darth Xyrah Darth Xyrah in rapt conversation with a well-put-together Skakoan ( Rulonom Laborr Rulonom Laborr ), he would need to speak with her before this event was out, though he had seemed to have missed his opportunity to give the host thanks, such would still need to be done, and Darth Nwul's absence had been noted by them both, but the fact remained, they two were members of his Gilded Council, that gave them certain responsibilities, cooperation betwixt each other was one of the unsaid ones. His bodyguard-advisor Kadann Kadann was speaking with a masked figure ( Ashin Cardé Varanin Ashin Cardé Varanin ) who for some reason though Malum was certain he had never met, seemed somehow familiar to him. There was also the large man who seemed to incessantly remind him of a wolf, Gerwald Lechner Gerwald Lechner , in the loving embrace of a woman he had seen before, at these sorts of gatherings but had not yet been formally introduced ( Naedira Darcrath Naedira Darcrath ).

Those were the only ones he knew, picking them through the crowds of nameless figures he did not know, but there were to others he idly noted, a pair of acolytes perhaps conferring by themselves. Those desiring to gorge themselves at the food provided, an acolyte in surprisingly... monastic dress, considering the rather grandiosity of this celebration, accompanied by one who could be named a dark knight or paladin, and then of course, the strangest one he saw.

Was that a fucking wolf?

It was enough for his practised, precise pace to break, right before the most powerful couple, gathered before the conflagration.

He stood unnaturally still, his march through the entrance ending as he looked on, he narrowed his eyes, as whispers began strumming their haunting melody behind his ears, the armour, the mask, all provoking elements, but had become all too necessary when he was not fully in control of himself, when there were figures, who seemed almost perfectly attuned to making him break his control.

He had to be careful.

With Darth Carnifex Darth Carnifex imposingly looking on from his throne at the most prominent position of the room, his hand came forward to his mask, a faint hiss sounding across his purview as the mask came off, and red eyes stared with his best approximation of feigned unemotionality, bowing his head, while his knees quickly followed, in the presence of Darth Empyrean Darth Empyrean , his Emperor, and Srina Talon Srina Talon , his Empress.

"Your Imperial Majesties," He dutifully intoned, as the mask escaped back into his cloak, as his red eyes stared down upon the decadent floors.

As his mind kept itself from spilling out.

New-Srina-Divider-Red.gif

Tag: Darth Empyrean Darth Empyrean | Darth Malum of House Marr Darth Malum of House Marr [Also OPEN to Interact]
Wearing: Blue

Srina was of a pragmatic mind on the subject, though, she did feel his humor while others might only sense a desperate and terrifying chill. He reminded her more of himself in these moments. Even though his voice could be harsh and unforgiving…His wife had a way of seeing beyond. She took comfort in the disturbing haze that emanated from his core. Comfort, in his power. The sheer amount of exposure she had to it should have left her entirely mad, but somehow, she retained her faculties.

Was almost…Soothed by it.

"If we reach the point where I feel we need to break our world down to dust and bone…You'll be the first to know.", she returned with no small amount of deadpan cheek. His coy intent drew her deeper into the conversation, almost, forming their own little world. A bubble from which they could view the other guests while remaining relatively undisturbed. "You are my constant, husband…"

"Because I refuse to let you go."

The token words of "till death do us part" had failed to apply to their existence in every way. What he internally ridiculed himself for in playing pretend to be human for her sake she found endearing. Their amorousness had become one of the mind, so close, but so far. Spiritual. They were fiercely loyal and, on her end, admittedly, more than a little possessive. She swayed delicately in his grasp while she considered the next avenue, he traveled…Thoughts toward the future.

Srina preferred to stay in the present.

Strange for one of her kind…But she had glimpsed. Both with the Force and her Echani eyes and she didn't know what to make of what she had witnessed. Burnished golden orbs scanned the edges of their circle, observing the curious, terrified, or annoyed glances that fell their way. The dichotomy of their brethren compared to the secrets they both held could be….Unsettling. "You're right…There may come a time when me must consider a different path."

"When the moment arrives…",
she concluded, dulcet tones lowering to something more confidential, softening for the undead ears of the Sith Emperor, "…I will be with you."

There was an unspoken threat in her. As gentle as she could be with Empyrean…She knew he had a habit of trying to "keep her safe" which was how they'd landed in this predicament in the first place. He had kept her away. Perhaps, at the behest of the Worm. Srina wasn't entirely sure but the many-faced being had barred her from Odavessa until it was too late. Had she been present…Things may have turned out differently. His hair might not have been blood, his skin, that of leather. His heart might have still beat. "Whatever follows…We will adapt. There is a way."

"We always find a way."

When the time came to end the deity that was housed in his body Srina knew that it would change the landscape. It might cost them, dearly. From the life they knew, to crowns, to even their own consciousness…But it had to be done. He couldn't fight the Worm forever. She had contingencies in place for their little stars but she silently prayed it wouldn't come to pass where it was required. Darth Carnifex Darth Carnifex had stepped up in a way most wouldn't expect. From a simple agreement of mutual protection to something…More. Their most precious things would be safe.

Even if they were in the hands of someone, being raised, by someone Empyrean occasionally considered an enemy. There was no one stronger. No one was more fit or willing for the role. Her lips parted to share other news but the quiet circles they made around the dance floor were halted by the arrival of one Srina was slowly growing fond of. He was mad. But, it was the type of madness that Sith could learn to cultivate and turn into sharpness given time. "Malum…", she greeted, informally, but not out of any sense of disrespect. Her voice was doting in response to his bowed head and determined emptiness. She spun away from Empyrean for a moment and let his hand keep her balanced whilst she came to face the all-too-serious red-eyed man. So…Subservient.

Really.

Her eyes searched for his and the Empress reached out as if to adjust something on his person. The way a mother might take care of their child, but she paused. Offering the smile of a bewitching pale ghost instead. Barely there, mysterious, and knowing at the same time.

"Now, now...Rise, my young Knight…You're looking quite well."

Srina tugged on Empyrean's hand and spun artfully back into his sphere, expertly, placing herself between them. He had been an obedient member of the Order since her husband had given him several unseemly ultimatums but that didn't mean he'd been forgiven. Not yet, at any rate.

"Have you brought the youngest Marr to entertain this evening? I heard she was…Essential to the Masquerade. Exposure is the best way to learn."

And…The life of the party to the charade in another gilded hall, favored, by a particular hedonist that she found most interesting. Srina might not have received an invitation to that event but she had eyes and ears all over the galaxy. His serpent mother had her snakes, slithering in the shadows, whereas the ivory-haired Dread Queen had her own loyal networks. Both In high and low places.

"….You will save me a dance, won't you?"

Her attention had returned to Empyrean, though, she still spoke to ( Darth Malum of House Marr Darth Malum of House Marr ) the kneeling Knight. Her aspirations were never anything untoward or anything that might give anyone the impression she had sights for anyone but her husband…But her favor, her time, and attention did offer stability to whom it was bestowed. It was a boon, a blessing, and even if it never came to pass…The mere rumor of it would lift the pride of House Marr. Denial was an option, of course.

It was simply the stupid one.

Last edited:

Objective: Celebrate
Tags: Gerwald Lechner Gerwald Lechner Naedira Darcrath Naedira Darcrath

ezgif.com-speed.gif

The half Zeltron girl was a little bored at this party. She was sixteen, much younger than most of the other guests and with not knowing anyone here, there was little reason to stay. She would have liked it if her new boyfriend could have attended but he did not, it was his loss, she grinned to herself, sending a little message to Rayth Rayth before placing her pad back away and glancing around, ready to leave and do something else.

Then a man caught her eye, a tall man, even amongst a room full of statuesque types. Gerwald Lechner Gerwald Lechner looked at her and then spoke to a woman alongside him, keeping his eyes trained on her. Annika raised an eyebrow then picked up her glass. She might as well, if it wasnt an invite to talk then she was leaving anyway and could save face quite easily. She approached him, "Hey, didn't your mother ever tell you it's rude to stare?" she laughed and shimmied her dress, they both knew she wanted to be looked at and her tone implied a joke. "I'm Annika." she shared to both him and his date.

"Without me, there is no force." - Darth Valor

Darth Valor

Darth Valor's piercing gaze met Revna's, acknowledging the unspoken challenge within her tone. The darkness within him resonated with the defiance in her, creating a subtle symphony of power in the air. The predatory instincts that guided his actions brought him to this moment, a meeting of shadows in the tapestry of the Force.

As Revna questioned his identity and the source of his knowledge, Valor's lips curled into a half-smile, a gesture that held both amusement and a hint of mystery. "Ah, Revna, the intricate dance of fate has a way of weaving connections, even unbeknownst to those entangled in its threads," he responded, his voice carrying a weight that echoed with the authority of one well-versed in the secrets of the Dark Side.

He took a moment to assess the wolf-man's retort, a subtle nod acknowledging the interplay of words. Then, his attention returned to Revna, and his expression became more enigmatic. "I am Darth Valor, a seeker of power and architect of destiny. You may not have shared your name willingly, but the Force whispers its secrets to those who listen. Your reputation echoes through the currents of the Dark Side."

The air seemed charged with a palpable tension, the ebb and flow of the Force intertwining with the unfolding conversation. As he spoke, Darth Valor exuded an aura that conveyed both mastery and an insatiable thirst for the arcane. The meeting of these three individuals promised to be a pivotal point in the unfolding narrative of the Sith's intricate dance.

Tags: Revna Revna Vazz Vazz

"A pleasure to make your acquaintance, Lord Vazz. Do excuse me however! I've been waiting to talk to Mister Laborr here on matters of business for a good while.", he said with a smile, before following Rulonom over to a less crowded spot, his retinue of Magnaguards conveniently forming a protective formation nearby so they might speak with less eyes upon them. Darth Xyrah then nodded at Rulonom as he replied. "Indeed I have. As you are likely aware, the grand task of reshaping the Sith economy into profitability once more has been one I have taken very seriously. Even in these early days I have made immense strides towards that goal."

"Yet there is more to be done, and I do believe you and I can both benefit from a potential arrangement. I want access to markets in the core, but doing so directly is....difficult, you understand. The Alliance are not fond of the Sith, for obvious reasons. It's their folly if they do not believe in a truly open galactic market. Which is why I seek a partner in the core worlds. The Trade Federation stands at the most logical and ideal candidate. I would like you to arrange trade agreements for us on our behalf, so less questions might be asked. In return, I am prepared to offer the Trade Federation a generous twenty five percent cut of the profits, and yet more boons as well. I would offer the SIBC's services as a tax haven for the Trade Federation. You would be able to store funds in our banks with no interference from the Alliance government, and, more importantly, no taxation whatsoever from us. In short, insurance if our arrangement were ever to be discovered. If your funds are not within reach of the Alliance, there is very little they can do to hinder your profit margins economically if freezing your accounts in Alliance space proved a useless gesture, mmh?"

Rulonom Laborr Rulonom Laborr
Vazz Vazz

// LOCATION //: The Golden Palace :|: Eliad
// OBJECTIVE //: Secure Political Support
// TAGS //:
Darth Xyrah Darth Xyrah
// THEME //: FEDERATION //: MARCH

D I R E C T O R

The inquiry was answered swiftly once the pair were alone from the other delegates and
representatives which did bring some sort of ease as to the nature of their discussions. Dealing with the Sith was a matter of political delicacy as the most of the Trade Federation Market was based in and around the Galactic Alliance which was not exactly on friendly terms with the Sith Order and their Territories. Swift action had been taken to remedy the situation, diversifying their investments across a dozen systems and various factions stretching from the Criminal Underworld to the New Imperialist State. It was a slow process as there were still the matter of the sub=companies owned personally by the Skakoan such as the Industrial Initiative for Galactic Advancement, they still needed profitable areas to grow and strengthen their accounts. Lord Xyrah had informed the Director that they were trying to reshape the Sith Economy into a formidable powerhouse, but it was going to take a certain amount of time to fix all the damage that the Sith-Imperial Banking Clan had done under their previous incompetent leadership.

The Skakoan was eager to listen as the Sith began to explain the proposition to him, they wanted access to the core which was the strongest market in terms of profitable returns but since they were the Sith it had become difficult for supplies to move at a fast enough pace to boost employment levels. From the current understanding was that the Federation would play an intermediary between companies operating in the core and the SIBC which was acceptable given the promised returns of 25% of all profits and tax haven status within the Banking System. A third party system allowing the Federation to maintain profitability if their scheme was uncovered by the Alliance, a safeguard if you will.

"You certainly know how to make a potent presentation, Lord Xyrah. However like any potential investor, there is naturally some hesitation to join an enterprise of this scale since the Sith Market is unattractive to potential creditors given your rather
lackluster reputation among galactic circles. So there must be some additional assurances such as the non-interference of the ideological factions such as the Eternals and Kainites. Such interference... should it occur would drive the price of the transaction ten fold. Making your 25% percent cut of the profits barely enough to break even and certainly not sustainable growth as we both desire for the Sith and Federation." A swift response given back to Lord Xyrah, wanting to inform that the Federation was naturally hesitant to enter into such an agreement given the unfavorable nature of the sith and their tendencies to mass murder and genocide populations randomly. They did not need the ideological infighting despite whatever truce had come about to strike at their profit margins.

uJz63Av.png

Last edited:
The little woman lifted a delicate eyebrow at the words of the armored Sith in front of her, and a slight half smile touched her lips. Both of their auras pushed against one another, briefly, as he seemed to respond to her subtle defiance of his authority. Be careful, Revna. You are surrounded by people who are far more powerful than you are, right now. You say the wrong thing here and you could easily have your neck snapped…or worse. You don’t know this Sith. You are way too new to this game to be pushing your insignificant weight around. Besides, whether you realize it or not…you are representing your mentor. Don’t go causing undue trouble for him, whispered the voice of caution and reason through her mind. She wasn’t about to show any sign of deference to this stranger, but she was smart enough to listen to her inner voice and she forcefully reined in her feisty attitude. She was here to enjoy the party, not start a fight she certainly wouldn’t win anyway.

His attention turned to the wolf-man still with her, acknowledging his grumbled retort, and she did find herself curiously wondering exactly what the wolf-man was…but she knew it would be incredibly rude to ask such a question.

The Sith newcomer announced himself as Darth Valor, and offered his reasoning on how he would have come by her name. She supposed what he said was true; she was still so new to understanding the ways of the Force that it was entirely possible that he had another way of figuring out her name without anyone telling it to him.

Her eyebrows rose higher and she had to forcefully choke back a snort of laughter at his choice of words to her. “My…reputation? My Lord I am but a…humble Acolyte. If I had any reputation at all, it would be tied to my mentor.” she said lightly, raising a hand to lay it against her chest as she spoke. As she did so, she caught on to movement from the corner of her eye and she turned her attention briefly to regard the newcomer to the party. Her gaze narrowed as she watched him step in, and the silence that fell over the chamber. Who is he? She wondered curiously to herself as she watched the armored individual stop and remove his mask before dropping to his knees before the Emperor and the Empress and greeting them very formally.

She returned her attention to the two Sith she was speaking to, debating on if she should go find herself some of that crab the wolf-man had mentioned earlier. She tilted her head as she regarded him, and after a few moments of internal debate, decided to risk asking the rude question that had been bouncing around in her head for the last little bit.

Forgive me if this comes across as rude or disrespectful, my Lord…but, what are you exactly? I really don’t want to refer to you as ‘the wolf-man’ as that just seems more…rude.Hopefully he would understand, as there really wasn’t an easy way to ask such a question of someone (she supposed she could have kept her silence on the matter altogether but there was no recalling her words now). Either way, she’d either learn something new or he would take offense to her question.

TAGS:

Vazz Vazz
Darth Valor Darth Valor
OPEN

sith-red.png

Vazz idly sipped at a drink. He'd picked one up at some point, though when exactly was still up in the air. He hadn't moved from where he stood, but he no longer had a plate in his hands. And was very much enjoying a drink of.. Whatever it was they were serving. Something bubbly, which absolutely had enraptured him with the fizz alone.

"Have you tried this drink? It just.. Pops. In your mouth. Constantly. Why? Who would make water or ale or drink in general have to.. Fizz?"

It was an idle musing aloud, and one to throw off the subject. He hadn't come here to be the one lauded by his fellow Sith, just help push some of the others into more.. Unification.

There were plenty of threats outside the Sith to deal with before any more infighting.

"Call me wolf-man and I will proceed to ensure you are known as monkey-woman for the rest of your days here in the Sith."
He grumbled, frowned just for a moment. No, he didn't like that. As he'd already said just moments prior no less. They were going to have problems if they continued to refer to him as an animal.

"I am Defel. My people are rather common in the Galaxy you know. Perhaps not as much as you humans, but please strive to at least learn some of the other species."

Revna Revna | Darth Valor Darth Valor

370d9lz2.png

"Could you, though?"

Firrerreo chuckled. There was no denying she was the most potent duelist of their class, but she seemed to be under the impression that he was incapable of fighting himself. That was for the best, if he was being honest. His species were often thought much weaker than they actually were. Especially since they were certainly stronger than the average humanoid.

"As I said, I care not so long as I can perfect my craft. When the time comes, a proper Sith will eventually kill their master anyway, no?"

Ansisa Ansisa

Ansisa smirked.

"Of course, but not everyone commits to such a thing. Too many get attached..."

Her eyes trailed across the Sith Lords that had assembled watching them trade gifts and veiled insults. Such a waste of time. "Is that all you want Firrerreo Firrerreo ? Just to perfect your craft? Not a small feat in itself, that I will acknowledge, but is that all?"

If it was, then perhaps she'd make an ally. It couldn't hurt after all to have someone to help you climb the ranks. Her gaze lingered on Darth Empyrean Darth Empyrean perhaps a little too long.

It didn't hurt to have ambitions.

Appearance: xx
Tags: open

Astrid had arrived late wearing a black dress she normally wasn't one for these events especially with sith where everything was over analyzed. And even the smallest slight could earn you an enemy a powerful enemy she doubted her entry would garner the same attention as Darth Malum of House Marr Darth Malum of House Marr especially on Darth Empyrean Darth Empyrean and the Srina Talon Srina Talon almost prefering it She felt cold dread as she looked upon them especially empyrean his form was most unnatural she sensed his body wasn't completely his own. But didn't wish to delve further than that for no other reason than to not garner his attention the wrong way gaining his animosity or worse.

As the dathomirian sorceress walked the Golden hall part of her wanted to be back on dathomir with her clan. Where she didn't need to watch everything she said or did incase it caused a slight and made her an enemy or drew the ire of empyrean and his wife. Walking to get a drink Astrid wasn't looking to get drunk but it would make her more or less approachable.

Empyrean offered nothing back, as they danced in a slow and careful way. His body had become dangerous, in spite of himself, and was not something he could twist and mold to be soft and delicate as it once was. It was one of his greatest fears and regrets, that he could no longer expose a side of himself that was tender to his beloved - or his children. He was a walking weapon, a personification of Death, and while many had come to fear him for this visage - he hated that it was the tomb his spirit continued to fight for control over.​
If only he could sacrifice his Empire of Dirt, all the power he had built over the years, to cure what condition he had wrought. Were Fate not so cruel, were ambition not so double edged, he might have seen himself comfortable in a world where he didn't have to sit atop it. And yet, he could acknowledge this, and acknowledge that without all this power - he would be forced to fear the slaver, know that he was hunted by miscreants and sellswords who would try and clasp him in chains and drag him back to a work he had torn asunder.​
None would dare do so now. For all his mistakes, he had done that at least, become the concept of fear for anyone who would have hunted him as a child. If only as a child, he had come to a different solution than... this.​
It was Malum's arrival that drew the Emperor's attention from his melancholic internal monologue. A noble who had known nothing but the realpolitik of Sith hierarchy kneeled and prostrated himself before them. Had Malum ever known the fear Empyrean had as a child? Likely not - he was born rich, born greater than sum of his parts by the essence of genealogy and ancestry. Empyrean had held none of that, he was little more than a house slave set to clean, a workhorse in the field, a tool to be beat and struck when it was convenient.​
For all the greatness the Sith around him began their lives with, the blue blood that ran in their veins, they had grown complacent and let someone so far beneath them rise so far above. Perhaps in spite of the sacrifices it had taken to get here, there was that much at least; that he was more a Sith than anyone in this room yet breathing.​
So his scornful, detestable gaze fell upon Malum, filled with disgust for how low the man reached for the floor in spite of all he had been born with. Disgusted he had not made it further, farther, faster. Disgusted by the perception of weakness Empyrean had just placed upon him. It took more strength than he had to admit to not speak those words;​
"Do better. Do more."​
If they hadn't learned that lesson yet, they may never will.​

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom