Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Invasions: Do you complain a lot OOC?

I see a lot of talk from Faction Admins and Staffers about how role-players are just absolutely terrible at organizing and managing PvP threads. Would you believe that some people have even raged so badly that they've left the board? It seems that possessing real estate on our map is more important than defending it.

Do you think OOC complaints are holding us back? Do you think we should remove some of the rules that say "cooperate to plan invasions" and just let people go at it? Do you think that the drama llamas here at SWRP outweigh our common sense? Do you want to sell your soul to me?

Let us know in the comments below.

Do you think OOC complaints are holding us back?
Only if they don't get addressed. Or are addressed poorly.

Do you think we should remove some of the rules that say "cooperate to plan invasions" and just let people go at it?
No, but you may as well. No one seems to be very big on cooperating or communicating as of recently, from what I understand. Particularly where the Republic and Syndicate invasion was concerned.

Do you think that the drama llamas here at SWRP outweigh our common sense?
At everywhere, more like.

Do you want to sell your soul to me?
More than anything in the whole, wide world.

If we remove co-operation for invasions, it's going to make things worse before anything could get better. And OOC complaints are going to happen, when one feels they have to defend to the death something that is, to be fair, fictional.

And what soul? lol

Noah Corek

Cocked, Locked and a Smoking Barrel
Factory Judge
Tefka said:
Do you think we should remove some of the rules that say "cooperate to plan invasions" and just let people go at it?
No. Personally,if a faction invades and destroys another one without consent,it basically the other faction saying: "We don't care about the work you put into it."

Tefka said:
Maybe. Sometimes it might.

Tefka said:
Doesn't everyone when they join?

nope-octopus-2.gif

Tricia Kalamack

Sleeps all day.... yawns all night
Do you think OOC complaints are holding us back?
Yes and no, if the complaints are valid.

No don't remove that cause then you ge objectives like Yaga where one side can't win regardless of how they do. We need strict and detailed organization. Make invasions something that have weight more then just can be done and decided in a day.

It's usually that everywhere

Yes

Nyxie

【夢狐】
If you remove those rules, you remove any chance at complaints and the gears run a little smoother.
On the other hand, it will also breed more PvP and create more patriotism than may be considered a good thing.
It's a double edged sword, these things always are. Drama always > common sense.
And I would but I already sold it for chocolate chip cookies.

I like my new invasion rules which make it suggested for faction leaders to discuss terms and such, but not essential. The key problem is that we don't want people being able to block or delay invasions.

I think there is too much OOC complaining and rage quitting. Mostly it stems from the majority of people's inability to accept defeat. "I want to win and if I'm losing it's someone else's fault so I'm going to report them or quit!" seems a regular state of affairs. And that's fine, each to their, but that's the reason why practically every invasion at SWRP has ended in drama.

Still, I'm hopeful. With the new rules I hope future factions will use the defenders have a way of counter attacking and taking planets for themselves. That turns things less from merely defending, to being able to take things from your enemy too like a real conflict.

IMO, having gains of territory, whether unclaimed or taking it from another group should be more involved than one thread. The process by which one group enacts their will on a territory should perhaps be looked at. There should be more specific requirements.

@[member="Ordon Trozky"]

I like this, as a side note. Maybe after a successful invasion you should have a short thread (no set limit, say 50 posts max) where the new faction puts in a new administration, fixes up the damage, etc.

It would make sense. Conquest is not a game of Risk after all. Short thread - detail can vary, an underveloped colony world is easier to subjugate than a fortress planet - about assuming direct control. Carpet bombing a place does cause lots of damage after all. Malcontents and potential partisans must be purged (or a faction like the Republic might hold elections and stuff).

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
With the combined voice of the Fringe faction admins, let me throw this out there:

Invade us. We want war stories, and every time we invade anyone, someone takes it personally for less or more valid reasons. So we're currently in discussions with other factions related to this, and one major thread in that discussion is an invitation for invasion. So far as I know, there's literally never been a case on the board where a faction has said 'we both want war, war benefits us both in terms of activity, let's talk about who could invade whom to produce the best result' until now.

If you've ever questioned how many babies it takes to paint a wall, it depends on how hard you throw them.

And yeah, I believe many OOC complaints deter many people from wanting to do invasions or whatever. I've been in quite a few and led some as well. I feel, if all necessary questions and possible disputes can be handled by a joint faction staff meeting, then I believe that the respective invasion will be quite easily executed and all problems quickly and efficiently handled. However, in my time as Sith Emperor, I faced many challenges as opposing faction staff were highly inactive and it was a pain to communicate with them.

I do believe that rules are highly necessary, but that's a small part of the equation. Trust, Friendliness, and Cooperation are the main virtues which need to be expanded on to successfully execute invasion threads, planning, and similar events.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom