Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Invasion of Carida OOC

I need to post a bug. People who tag me aren't showing up in notifcations. In system and closing in on Popo. Aydens reinforcement is almost in range.

Popo

I'm Sexy and I Know It
[member="Darth Naomi"]
After speaking with [member="Ayden Cater"] and a few others, you replacing [member="Alicia Drey"] is fine as a fleeter. However, you'd have to take her fleet, not add it to yours. Drey had the option of bringing 25km, but opted to only bring the ships she did. I believe she has an Interdictor and 4 Ardents and was last seen engaging my fleet with them, though when she had to post her LOA I went ahead and shifted them to background noise, assuming they would have disengaged from mine at that point.

The reasoning for this isn't a numbers issue, it's a logic/balance issue. To bring fresh ships would be akin to reinforcements, ie. a entirely new fleet. Taking control of an existing fleet keeps things in balance/logic and also keeps the maximum number of separate fleets to the 5 allowed per side.

Darth Armyss

Nobleman, Sith, and Womanizer
[member="Popo"]

Yeah, "balance".

Sorry, but I don't buy it. You stand to gain something for your faction from this, as does Ayden. I feel that the decision should lie in the hands of RP judges who aren't involved with either faction of the invasion.

Darth Armyss

[member="Popo"]

Because I was directing my statement towards you, specifically in response to your "logic" for effectively forcing a nearly 20% lower cap on our forces just because of somebody who never seemed to understand what fleeting actually meant taking too few ships into the fight from the very start.

Unless, of course, you meant that those ships are allowed to be replaced with a proper naval squadron of up to 25 km total.

Darth Armyss

I don't recall the numbers being tipped so far in our favor, and furthermore, you could still, theoretically, call in reinforcements to even the odds. (Remember, most of your allies are participating in the ground battle, which gives THEM the numerical advantage over us on the ground)

Furthermore, a numerical advantage does not guarantee success. In most actual military operations, the offending forces need at least a FOUR to one numerical advantage to win as a result of sheer numbers and brute force.

Still not sure how a brand new major faction outnumbers the biggest one on the board in ANYTHING.

200_s.gif

Darth Armyss

[member="Joshua DragonsFlame"]

I think he means how many fleeters we have. Most of the Republic's allies aren't "fleeting", focusing entirely on the ground war, while we of the One Sith seemed to have taken a more balanced approach.

Of course, while good for roleplay, there isn't any real system for determining how ground battles are to be fought and won...hmm...maybe we need to develop a system for that similar to the fleeting system?

Popo

I'm Sexy and I Know It
[member="Albrecht Tagge"]
Actually, there are many instances when attackers used smaller forces and, in fact, in modern combat, we try to use as few troops and materials as possible to fight. This saves lives and cuts down the cost of war. If you'd like historical and modern examples, I'm more than happy to discuss them with you over PM.

As for reinforcements in space, there aren't really any others. The latest fleeter is probably the only other Republic fleeter on the board and [member="Ayden Cater"] is the only OP fleeter that I know of. Actually, until the latest fleeter showed, it was literally just Ayden and I, in fact I remember mentioning on at least two occasions that we were, short of a fluke, the only fleeters on our side that were going to be there. Both both in ships and writers in space, you outnumber us at least 2 to 1. On the ground, we outnumber you, but once the space battle is done, if you win it, you'll vastly outnumber the Republic on the ground.

Anyways, if you want to discuss this further, please feel free to PM me and we can chat it out politely and civilly if you'd like :)

Albrecht Tagge said:
[member="Joshua DragonsFlame"]

I think he means how many fleeters we have. Most of the Republic's allies aren't "fleeting", focusing entirely on the ground war, while we of the One Sith seemed to have taken a more balanced approach.

Of course, while good for roleplay, there isn't any real system for determining how ground battles are to be fought and won...hmm...maybe we need to develop a system for that similar to the fleeting system?
[member="Albrecht Tagge"]
If you were taking a more balanced approach, I think there would be more One Sith engaged on ground.

I am not opening this up for debate, just pointing out the flaw in our own statement of balance. Now, let's get this thread back on course for OOC discussion of Carida engagement itself. You know how to PM me if you wanna discuss something.

Darth Armyss

[member="Aaralyn Rekali"]

I meant "balanced" as far as distribution of RPers between ground and space combat, whereas the Republic/Protectorate Forces seemed to have hedged their bets on ground combat, possibly not the best idea on their part.

Anyways, moving on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom