Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Invasion of Carida OOC

[member="Popo"]

I'm still deciding my fleet length in total however for now I'm keeping it unknown until such time as the fleet is in range to be attacked, basically, it would be hard to tell the size of the fleet from its currant distance.

*sighs*

This is how this thread feels right now...

finding-nemo.jpg

Irregardless, I'm going to keep my forces anonymous to save any meta-gaming. I'll notify any RPJ's if necessary of how big my fleet will be should anyone have any questions when my fleet is attacked.

Popo

I'm Sexy and I Know It
[member="Mike Zenima"]
Generally speaking, it's considered good manners to post your fleet length to prevent metagaming to start with. If I post up a vague fleet in a listed fleet thread, then later I suddenly have dozens of cruisers when before I said "a few", then we have issues. It also prevents the person from shifting their fleet composition around mid thread, again preventing metagaming. Also, unless you actively have sensor masks or cloaking devices on your ships, we can see you with no problems, which means we would know what your fleet consists of with a good degree of accuracy. Please post up your fleet lengths.

Mike Zenima said:
Irregardless, I'm going to keep my forces anonymous to save any meta-gaming. I'll notify any RPJ's if necessary of how big my fleet will be should anyone have any questions when my fleet is attacked.
IRREGARDLESS!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=StJ-OK4jiSY&feature=kp

[member="Mike Zenima"] - Off you go.

[member="Mike Zenima"]
[member="Ayden Cater"]
[member="Popo"]

Mike, I need to know the size of your forces as well because you will be directly engaged by me. By you witholding this information, it will devalue the story and cause chaos later as we try to figure out what we're up against. Furthermore, it allows you to be selective in what you have brought in without us knowing. By doing that, we cannot clearly engage the target with in-character tactics and the knowledge the character might have of said vessel.

Overall, it's not very respectful to us as fellow writers and I respectfully ask that you disclose this information.

Finally, it can be considered meta-gaming and/or power-gaming to some extent or degree. So, I implore you to do the right thing and be transparent in your numbers and let us get on with this. This battle has been stalled long enough.

Popo

I'm Sexy and I Know It
[member="Mike Zenima"]
Would you mind providing the set list of ships, please? All you need to do is make a spoiler in an IC post and list them in ship types with cumulative lengths totaled. Look at Ayden's or my posts in the thread, you can use those listings in the spoilers as an example if you'd like.

[member="Mike Zenima"]

You still haven't been transparent, regardless if you somehow decide to pick 9 or 11 thousand meters (Which I don't see how you're going to decide after you've deployed your fleet.) Furthermore, pressing this issue a bit more, you've blatantly disregarded numerous requests of other players to list your respective ships. Putting the legitimate tactic aside of bringing in only 7,000 meters worth of ships, we need to know...what are they? We knew one went from being a 2.2 Km Star Destroyer which got reduced to a 1.6KM Star Destroyer as an Allegiance Class is a 2.2KM Star Destroyer and you changed it to some ambiguous Sith Star Destroyer.

So, last time I'm going to ask or I'll take a whole new route that I have -never- done before. What ships have you brought in that amount to 7,000 meters? Also is it 9,000 or 11,000? I am not even sure that it can be fair to allow you to magically pull/pick numbers at free will when you have already brought ships in.

That is just common sense.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom